PDA

View Full Version : When New Manager Arrives, I'd Love To See Hundreds There Cheering.

doddsy
06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
If and when the new manager is appointed I hope to have news of when so I can get down to Easter Road and show some passion.

It would be great to have a good number of fans there if they have the time of course to get down there when they unveil him.

Show the new manager some Hibee noise and colour and support. Are there other Hibees willing to do this?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Aren't the Celtc rent-a-mob free?

doddsy
06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Aren't the Celtc rent-a-mob free?

I dont get what you mean, dont you want the hi bees to show support?

I dont get your post at all.

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
I think it would be best to just to let him get settled in first and become familiar with all the players, staff and board.

We can show our support in thousands at the next home game.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2013, 01:40 PM
It was more a comment on the tic.

The Celtc mob will turn up at Cellic Football club at the drop of a hat in large numbers. Maybe they just generally hang about places anyway before shuffling on to whatever they usually do.

Call me an old sceptic but I doubt we'd ever get "hundreds" coming out to greet a new manager. Farewells to the members of famous five yes but not a new manager or player for that matter - I'm sure the prodigal son's second coming didn't generate hundreds (perhaps if it had been announced the frenzied anticipation online could have translated to a decent turnout). JCs arrival caused a bit of a stir but I don't think it registered anywhere near in the hundred.

Sorry to rain on the parade... need to take some happy pills obv ;)

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Difference between Hibs fans and Celtc fans is we all have jobs so can't just appear at a stadium on short notice

GordonHFC
06-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I dont get what you mean, dont you want the hi bees to show support?

I dont get your post at all.

I think he means that the gingers always appear when someone even farts inside darkhead. I think they permanently live in the car park there.

Part/Time Supporter
06-11-2013, 02:10 PM
You only get that sort of thing nowadays if folk think there is a decent chance they'll appear on the telly. Well, SSN, but that still sort of counts. I think that reached a new low at the last transfer window closing when you had folk turning up at training grounds in the countryside, eg Man Yoo's place in Cheshire(?). All they got to see was a glimpse of the odd pair of 4x4 headlights.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2013, 02:25 PM
You only get that sort of thing nowadays if folk think there is a decent chance they'll appear on the telly. Well, SSN, but that still sort of counts. I think that reached a new low at the last transfer window closing when you had folk turning up at training grounds in the countryside, eg Man Yoo's place in Cheshire(?). All they got to see was a glimpse of the odd pair of 4x4 headlights.

Yeah - bring back The Word - nothing quite like Amanda de Cadenette (sp?) on location in some flood ridden English town when a naked canoeist strokes past her live on TV :greengrin

bigwheel
06-11-2013, 02:28 PM
This is were the power of social media could work ...if Hibs were to "let it be known" that TB was heading to ER at 6pm to sign his deal ...I'm sure there would be a turnout to welcome him and celebrate when he came out as out new manager ...

Wilson
06-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Better idea is we all turn out for his first home game. That would be a proper welcome.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2013, 02:31 PM
With the darkened nights, if Rangers announced a new manager to replace Ally the scene would resemble a flash mob re-enactment of the Thriller video :greengrin

HFC_NYC
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
On the pitch singing "Terry Butcherov, Terry Butcherov, Terry Butcherov"

"Hey Terry, can ah shake yur hand pal?"

SteveHFC
06-11-2013, 03:17 PM

:faf:

jakeshibs
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
If and when the new manager is appointed I hope to have news of when so I can get down to Easter Road and show some passion.

It would be great to have a good number of fans there if they have the time of course to get down there when they unveil him.

Show the new manager some Hibee noise and colour and support. Are there other Hibees willing to do this?

think that's a great idea:greengrin

Pretty Boy
06-11-2013, 04:45 PM

'Look, look he signed it......Tel!'

nonshinyfinish
06-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Followed by a slightly confused 'Mo Malpasasasov, Mo Malpasasasov'.

Adniston Burn
06-11-2013, 09:36 PM
:thumbsup:
Better idea is we all turn out for his first home game. That would be a proper welcome.

Agree with this.

hfc rd
06-11-2013, 11:08 PM

;D. Can't stop laughing at that post that I've decided to have another wee chuckle at that video again.

monktonharp
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
I don't get this. the OP was just asking opinions, and hoping for a good response/welcome to our next manager. what's wrong wi' that?:confused: better to just turn up for his first game, better to show how much of a Hibby you are by not doing what Celtic do because we all work, etc etc. wharraloada pish! if it's known when he/ whoever is going to appear firstly at the stadium, it would be great to see a fair turnout to welcome him.

monktonharp
06-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Aren't the Celtc rent-a-mob free?:confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2013, 11:39 PM
:confused:

I refer you I the answer I gave previously. Apologies for the lack of smiley didn't think it needed signposted - must try harder ;)

monktonharp
06-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I refer you I the answer I gave previously. Apologies for the lack of smiley didn't think it needed signposted - must try harder ;)

I'm searching for the relevance of the smiley comment, must be missing something here though. I have only asked why you seem to find it funny, or otherwise degrade the original poster's comment. a fellow Hibby, and he was asking how others felt about a good welcome turnout from the fans. you somehow turned that round by saying only Celtic fans do that/ others joined in with aye, they've nowt else to dae as they are all on the dole,nevermind the fact that they do happen to have a much larger support than us. maybe they have a much larger unemployed support too but that does not make me feel that we should take some sort of moral ground. still confused.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm searching for the relevance of the smiley comment, must be missing something here though. I have only asked why you seem to find it funny, or otherwise degrade the original poster's comment. a fellow Hibby, and he was asking how others felt about a good welcome turnout from the fans. you somehow turned that round by saying only Celtic fans do that/ others joined in with aye, they've nowt else to dae as they are all on the dole,nevermind the fact that they do happen to have a much larger support than us. maybe they have a much larger unemployed support too but that does not make me feel that we should take some sort of moral ground. still confused.

quite silly :agree: considering there's a thread on the PM board at the moment putting up links for hibs fans seeking employment

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2013, 07:36 AM

I'm lost for words clearly you don't appreciate the humour that's fine. Other folks seem to "get it" without taking offence. Are you really asking someone to explain sense of humour? I don't think there's anything else I can add here so I'm out.

3pm
07-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Good opportunity for Petrie to open the shop and show off the new 'Butcher' range.

I want the apron with his face on it with the blood pouring down his face with the headband saying 'just negotiated with Petrie' on it.

Also up for one of those white hats and a 3 peppered steaks.

Jones28
07-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Followed by a slightly confused 'Mo Malpasasasov, Mo Malpasasasov'.

Haha!

NAE NOOKIE
07-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Dont see anything wrong with it if folk want to I suppose. Has there ever been any sort of turn out for a new manager / player ? Not sure its really us TBH.

pontius pilate
07-11-2013, 07:09 PM
quite silly :agree: considering there's a thread on the PM board at the moment putting up links for hibs fans seeking employment

Jeez the only time I'm not a PM member

Bishop Hibee
07-11-2013, 07:14 PM

If it's Guardiola, Ferguson or Johan Cruyff I'll be there.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Dont see anything wrong with it if folk want to I suppose. Has there ever been any sort of turn out for a new manager / player ? Not sure its really us TBH.

I've been there to welcome a couple of the new managers, rarely get much into double figures to be honest.

McKenzie
07-11-2013, 10:25 PM
If it's Guardiola, Ferguson or Johan Cruyff I'll be there.

Could Jose tempt you out to welcome him as the new boss?