PDA

View Full Version : The sheep are on fire.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2013, 07:30 PM
2-0 up just before half time.

hibbymick
04-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Aye they are looking decent. Ive got a 10 spot on a sending off at 5/1 but its all cuddles just now.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Stuck the £27 left in my Hills account on them ht/ft. Looking good.

Liams
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Got them 3-0 at 11's looking good

bringbackbenny
04-11-2013, 08:16 PM
3-0 flattering the sheep, Patrick playing very well in 2nd half.

Impressed with the lad Higginbotham very direct with a good turn of pace

eastterrace
04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
3-0 flattering the sheep, Patrick playing very well in 2nd half.

Impressed with the lad Higginbotham very direct with a good turn of pace

both sides are everything we arent, pacy push forward , have shots on goal,im getting a bit depressed watching it and then thinking how we play.

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Some effort from Higgingbothham straight from kick off!

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2013, 08:21 PM
both sides are everything we arent, pacy push forward , have shots on goal,im getting a bit depressed watching it and then thinking how we play.

Yup, that's all most of us want. Positive football, have a bit if a go. This day and age requires pace, which we badly lack

Liams
04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I am panicing! Havnt won a bet since september, hold on the jags

hibbymick
04-11-2013, 08:31 PM

Damn! unlucky.

Scorrie
04-11-2013, 08:32 PM
4th goal for the sheep. Great finish

3pm
04-11-2013, 08:33 PM
McInnes needs time to build them up.

eastterrace
04-11-2013, 08:33 PM

you should have cashed out.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2013, 08:35 PM
heaviest defeat this season for the harry wraggs

weonlywon6-2

Yep,the dons fans need to understand it takes time to settle a team

eastterrace

yes he has took about 3 months to build them up into a decent team we had 2 years of fenlon ( he was a good guy i keep getting told)and were still pish. hope butcher has something up his sleeve to sort us oot.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 08:36 PM
McIness is a good manager.

Would have liked to see him at Hibs as i reckon Aberdeen will have a decent season. Hopefully our new man can get some rapid improvement as well. It's not impossible and doesn't have to take years.

J-C
04-11-2013, 08:37 PM

But surely players need time to gel and know each other, tis impossible to do it in that short space of time.:wink:

Scorrie
04-11-2013, 08:37 PM
The pace Aberdeen play at compared to us is frightening. We are so slow...

Iggy Pope
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM

I would have thought that no top 6 finishes since 2008 probably has them understanding that already.

Wotherspiniesta
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
To be fair, on paper they should be finishing second. Best squad outside Celtic, easily.

Aldo
04-11-2013, 08:39 PM

We're no that fast ;-)

eastterrace
04-11-2013, 08:41 PM
But surely players need time to gel and know each other, tis impossible to do it in that short space of time.:wink:

yes it takes two years does it not, you need that transitional period do you not. 3 months is not enough time.mind fenlon saying we had same points as them and they were having a good season, think were still on the same points, fenlon was a slaver.

Hiber-nation
04-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Exactly. And some folk wonder how we don't score many goals with this great squad of ours. No pace, anywhere. The sheep have about 7 players faster than our quickest.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2013, 08:43 PM
wouldn't mind the same score for the sheep in their next game

J-C
04-11-2013, 08:44 PM
To be fair, on paper they should be finishing second. Best squad outside Celtic, easily.

Thought we had the best outside Celtic, did anyone tell Fenlon we didn't, maybe that's were it all went wrong, the players realised they weren't second best.

Jonnyboy
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Our problem is that Rod is too mean to cover the pitch in paper :wink:

rcarter1
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Exactly. And some folk wonder how we don't score many goals with this great squad of ours. No pace, anywhere. The sheep have about 7 players faster than our quickest.

Who ever gets the job must see this as our biggest problem. the good news is that if we add two or three pacy chaps onto the best of what weve got, and Harris comes back, then things could improve drastically.

hibees 7062
04-11-2013, 08:48 PM

:agree:

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 08:58 PM

I wonder if it really is down to a lack of pace though and not simply down to a lack of directness?

When you watch teams like Aberdeen or Inverness play. Theres an element of directness about their play.

Where as we're more passy passy sidey sidey until we run out of ideas.

I reckon we probably do have some pace in this squad thats yet to be unleashed due to negative tactics.

It'll be interesting to see if the pace issue can be addressed with the current squad under new management.

Liams
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Ragong :(

hfc rd
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
I wish our players had the same amount of hunger as the Aberdeen players tonight. Their defending and closing down was very good.

rcarter1
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I wonder if it really is down to a lack of pace though and not simply down to a lack of directness?

When you watch teams like Aberdeen or Inverness play. Theres an element of directness about their play.

I reckon we probably do have some pace in this squad thats yet to be unleashed due to negative tactics.

It'll be interesting to see if the pace issue can be addressed with the current squad under new management.

Interesting take on it. If true, we could see improvements sooner than rather than later. Actually the highlights from the well game looked encouraging enough, and a lot more positive than the game at Easter road.

Hibby Bairn
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
I think pace is part of it. But most of it is down to lack of URGENCY and TEMPO. No INTENSITY. I suspect training is similar.

For examples of these three attributes see MALMO :)

BTW anyone know when we last won by 4 clear goals?

Jonnyboy
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I think pace is part of it. But most of it is down to lack of URGENCY and TEMPO. No INTENSITY. I suspect training is similar.

For examples of these three attributes see MALMO :)

BTW anyone know when we last won by 4 clear goals?

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=84879

Liberal Hibby
04-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Yup and that's why they put up with Craig Brown for so long...

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Yup and that's why they put up with Craig Brown for so long...

I heard some of them even moaned a bit when wee Broon was the boss.

Shocked i was.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Interesting take on it. If true, we could see improvements sooner than rather than later. Actually the highlights from the well game looked encouraging enough, and a lot more positive than the game at Easter road.

Even in the first 20-25 minutes we played against Hearts we looked quite pacey because we were positive breaking forward.

I think pace is there. But there must be a more positive element about our play. Far to often we see defenders/midfielders slowing down the play when they get a hold of possesson.

As some other posters have said, I think it's more down to a lack of intensity/urgency than a lack of pace.

Borderhibbie76
04-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Even in the first 20-25 minutes we played against Hearts we looked quite pacey because we were positive breaking forward.

I think pace is there. But there must be a more positive element about our play. Far to often we see defenders/midfielders slowing down the play when they get a hold of possesson.

As some other posters have said, I think it's more down to a lack of intensity/urgency than a lack of pace.

The main culprit is kevin thomson. ..slows everything down every time...frustrates the hell out of me

500miles
04-11-2013, 09:44 PM

Very good. Their best players all played under Craig Brown. So aye, it did take them a while to gel, because he was getting chased out the door by the fans too.

I'm not saying we should have kept Pat, but this sniping is getting tiresome.

J-C
04-11-2013, 09:48 PM
The main culprit is kevin thomson. ..slows everything down every time...frustrates the hell out of me

Have you ever thought it's the total lack of movement ahead of him that makes his next pass slow, was mentioned a few times last week on radio that there was no movement for the midfield to find a pass.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM

I know what you mean. But even KT was going foward positively for the first part of that game. So he certainly still has it in his locker. He just needs to show it more often and so do the other lads.

We do have some players in our squad which I think are just slow players. But I think with good management and positive tactics, the likes of Thomson, Cairney, Robertson and Zoubir would prove to be quite pacey.

Jonnyboy
04-11-2013, 09:51 PM

Have you ever thought it's the total lack of movement ahead of him that makes his next pass slow, was mentioned a few times last week on radio that there was no movement for the midfield to find a pass.

I think it's a bit of both TBH. KT does slow things down and yes the movement ahead of him is often poor. Let's hope the new manager can sort that problem out

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 09:53 PM

Lack of movement off the ball is another issue that i've mentioned on here a few times.

But again, it all comes down to poor managerial tactics. With a decent manager and positive tactics, better movement off the ball should allow the game to flow much quicker.

rcarter1
04-11-2013, 09:57 PM

Its annoying because he can be a strong runner (not fast perhaps), and I think is needing to be encouraged to push forward a lot more. He sometimes does it for a wee spell then hangs back again.

matty_f
04-11-2013, 10:24 PM

I agree with that, for too long our mentality has been to hold onto the ball, rather than to attack. Mowbray's side's first instinct when we got possession was to get forward, Fenlon's side did that until we got to the half way line, then it all just kind of stopped.

Beefster
05-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Very good. Their best players all played under Craig Brown. So aye, it did take them a while to gel, because he was getting chased out the door by the fans too.

The sniping seems to be a reaction to the continual digs that have been posted since before Fenlon left about how bad/impatient a support we are. If folk keep it up, it's only a matter of time until we're back to the type of divisions that 'Happy Clapper/Doom & Gloomer' caused.

3pm
05-11-2013, 06:20 AM

Sniping?! OK then!

Geo_1875
05-11-2013, 06:23 AM
2 things here. I can't believe a team that get beat 4-0 are being praised for playing "the right way". And if KT started punting every ball forward he'd get slated for not holding on to the ball.

The Sea-gull
05-11-2013, 07:30 AM

Don't think it will be far off it. Though in fairness the Yams have not been turned over by anyone yet. They tend to keep it down to 2.

I know a lot of them who are predicting a hiding at some point soon. A lot thought it would be last Wed at ER and all our first half hour was missing was the goals that would have seen it.

Aberdeen are absolutely flying and if they go for it on Sat and get a couple of early goals it could be 5 or 6.

The Sea-gull
05-11-2013, 07:37 AM
The Dons fans moaned about Craig Brown, acknowledged that he had steadied the ship and saved them from relegation, gave him a bit of time but then accepted that he had taken them as far as he could and all knew it was time for a change.

A little bit like what happened with Hibs and Pat Fenlon though it will always help Aberdeen bosses that they don't have games against a city rival which will get over-scrutinised. That means the criticism is never going to be as harsh. They have created a rivalry with Rangers and Dundee United but really they don't have anything close to what you have in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee or even Falkirk-Dunfermline, Killie-Ayr or Morton-St Mirren.

heretoday
05-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Not sure about that. What about Newcastle, Leeds or Sunderland? One-club cities where there's no hiding from the criticism!

The Sea-gull
05-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Not sure about that. What about Newcastle, Leeds or Sunderland? One-club cities where there's no hiding from the criticism!

True, in one club cities there is no consolation in thinking "we're in a bad way but at least we are not in as bad a state as our neighbours".

Leeds is maybe a decent example though I would say the rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland is far fiercer than anything Aberdeen can concoct.

Andy74
05-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Have Aberdeen reached top of the league yet?

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2013, 09:46 AM

:faf:

Who said they would or even could?

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2013, 09:56 AM

Eh?!!

Andy74
05-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Eh?!!

They are being used quite regularly as the model for how you make an immediate impact. I was wondering if they had bettered where we were around this time last year.

J-C
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Are they better than us at the moment, answer YES, you do like an argument don't you or is it just stirring things up that makes you tick.:confused:

The Sea-gull
05-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Maybe the angle Andy is coming from is that we started the season well last season and it fizzled out so lets just wait and see how Aberdeen get on for the next few months.

Aberdeen are where many pundits expected them to be last season whereas this time last year we were considered some what a surprise package. I think we even surprised ourselves. Eventually we finished about where most observers expected we would. In fact better than most expected as many had us down as relegation candidates.

For the record, we topped the table with 19 points, 23 scored and 19 against after 12 games last season. 12 games in now Aberdeen have 23 and scored 18 and lost 8.

I suspect Aberdeen have the manager and the squad that will see them make a better fist of their "challenge" than we did with our last season. Just an opinion though.