PDA

View Full Version : WE the fans are partly to blame!

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 04:58 PM
we the supporters are partly to blame for our poor league standings in the previous seasons. This forum is just a coldrun for for nonsensicle hypocritical comments that spark debates that dont need to be dabated. I am a die in the wool hibs fan howver have always restricted my self to joining this forum as i think it is desperately embarresing. However what tipped me over the edge the day was the booing vine recieved when coming on the pitch the day what a f**ing discrace. I admit he hasn't exactly light this season up so far but that isnt an excuse for the amount of bull**** he recieves or anyone else. Good spl players suddenly become below average when they join hibs for some reason unless they get the ball rolling straight away duly because the demorilizing abuse of us the fans if we are not impressed. Maybe if we encouraged instead of humiliating we as a club would move forward but sadly I doubt that

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
we the supporters are partly to blame for our poor league standings in the previous seasons. This forum is just a coldrun for for nonsensicle hypocritical comments that spark debates that dont need to be dabated. I am a die in the wool hibs fan howver have always restricted my self to joining this forum as i think it is desperately embarresing. However what tipped me over the edge the day was the booing vine recieved when coming on the pitch the day what a f**ing discrace. I admit he hasn't exactly light this season up so far but that isnt an excuse for the amount of bull**** he recieves or anyone else. Good spl players suddenly become below average when they join hibs for some reason unless they get the ball rolling straight away duly because the demorilizing abuse of us the fans if we are not impressed. Maybe if we encouraged instead of humiliating we as a club would move forward but sadly I doubt that

Brave first post mate.

Aldo
04-11-2013, 05:06 PM

You better have a tin hat, no big F off bunker to hide in.

So since you've posted you've now become one of the 'desperately embarrassed'

Best laugh in ages btw.

Enjoy.

Waxy
04-11-2013, 05:09 PM
we the supporters are partly to blame for our poor league standings in the previous seasons. This forum is just a coldrun for for nonsensicle hypocritical comments that spark debates that dont need to be dabated. I am a die in the wool hibs fan howver have always restricted my self to joining this forum as i think it is desperately embarresing. However what tipped me over the edge the day was the booing vine recieved when coming on the pitch the day what a f**ing discrace. I admit he hasn't exactly light this season up so far but that isnt an excuse for the amount of bull**** he recieves or anyone else. Good spl players suddenly become below average when they join hibs for some reason unless they get the ball rolling straight away duly because the demorilizing abuse of us the fans if we are not impressed. Maybe if we encouraged instead of humiliating we as a club would move forward but sadly I doubt thati agree what happened to Vine was ooo.A booing amnesty should happen now for a while.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Within the Hibs support there are moaners, people who abuse players, the relentlessly negative, the relentlessly positive, people who swear at games, people who get drunk before games, people who sing, people who sit on their hands, people who post pish on forums, people who post well thought out arguments on forums, people who don't look at forums at all, people who think everything was better in the past, people who back the board, people who hate the board.......

In other words we are the exact same as almost every other group of supporters in the world. All this nonsense over the last few days trying to paint us as some kind of super aggressive, ultra demanding bullies is getting right on my nerves. Get a ****ing grip.

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Ha ha whatever abuse I recieve I am sure I will be able to take it. I know people wont be happy with this post, hibs fans never are including myself.

ZS DOOM
04-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Where's my popcorn?

Bobby's Cinema
04-11-2013, 05:14 PM
This thread is as pointless as any of those you describe. The fans are to blame for our underachievement, have a serious word

SurferRosa
04-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Within the Hibs support there are moaners, people who abuse players, the relentlessly negative, the relentlessly positive, people who swear at games, people who get drunk before games, people who sing, people who sit on their hands, people who post pish on forums, people who post well thought out arguments on forums, people who don't look at forums at all, people who think everything was better in the past, people who back the board, people who hate the board.......

In other words we are the exact same as almost every other group of supporters in the world. All this nonsense over the last few days trying to paint us as some kind of super aggressive, ultra demanding bullies is getting right on my nerves. Get a ****ing grip.

:agree: This.

Aldo
04-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I'll get ma Rod... Nope the Op already has his. Wee trip from fields afar (maybe not that far) by the looks of it.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 05:26 PM
If this club isn't happy with my services, then they're welcome to put me on a free transfer. :boo hoo:

Andy74
04-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Did Inverness fans hound Billy McKay in his first season ?

Guaranteed it would have happened here.

This is the sort if thing where I think fans are culpable. Manager or player if you don't hit ground running and stay there it gets nasty.

scuttle

Ah the unmistakable whiff of yam

DPBurgh1875
This thread is as pointless as any of those you describe. The fans are to blame for our underachievement, have a serious word
I said partly to blame

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM

This is the sort if thing where I think fans are culpable. Manager or player if you don't hit ground running and stay there it gets nasty.

Did Hibs fans hound Pat Fenlon in his first season, despite one of the most shocking results in our history?

No. Because he was still here after.

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Ah the unmistakable whiff of yam
I can assure you I am not a yam, whats the problem ? us the supporters not allowed to take a bit stick now and then

Andy74
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Did Hibs fans hound Pat Fenlon in his first season, despite one of the most shocking results in our history?

Yeah many thought he should go and are still talking about it now.

Hibs7
04-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Not being pedantic but the word is cauldron :-)

Mikey
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Jings, are the schools out already? Have you not got homework you should be doing?

AgentDaleCooper
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM
I said partly to blame

i for one agree with the OP. he's not saying it's 100% the fans' fault, just that they have had a roll in the downward spiral, they have helped to foster an atmosphere of negativity, and that they (i.e. WE) should accept this.

scuttle
04-11-2013, 05:34 PM
I can assure you I am not a yam, whats the problem ? us the supporters not allowed to take a bit stick now and then

Yes we are , but the players must expect it too

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 05:34 PM

Every season ICT are in the SPL or whatever the hell it's called they are overachieving, being in the top half even more so. We on the other hand are massively underachieving and have been for some time. It stands to reason there will be a bit more frustration kicking about.

Aberdeen and their fans is a more relevant example imo. Or even Hearts this season, manager and players have been thrown into very poor circumstances but the fans are turning on them quickly.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah many thought he should go and are still talking about it now.

But he wasn't "hounded out" was he?

Fenlon is gone, not because he was "hounded out". But because in the space of 2 years, he failed to improve on his tactics, making us continuously dire to watch.

Don't you think there would have been Inverness fans calling for McKays head?

AgentDaleCooper
04-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Yes we are , but the players must expect it too

the OP is offering constructive criticism. would you say that this is also what the players receive?

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Jings, are the schools out already? Have you not got homework you should be doing?

Perhaps you should go back to school. You might learn how to post something relevant to the discussion for a change.

Thecat23
04-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Strange first post, brave or stupid? Either way I actually agree to some extent. The folk who boo a Hibs player for me are making it worse. What's the point of it? Claros was a good example of players who start off slow can actually do well. Not saying Vine or whoever it is folk boo will be good players, such is life some players will be duds. But booing them is ridiculous.

Treadstone
04-11-2013, 05:38 PM
the OP is offering constructive criticism. would you say that this is also what the players receive?

First time i've ever seen an F-bomb offered as constructive criticism.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2013, 05:38 PM

If we as a club were over achieving as much as Inverness have done recently, why would we be hounding anyone?

jakeshibs
04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
i for one agree with the OP. he's not saying it's 100% the fans' fault, just that they have had a roll in the downward spiral, they have helped to foster an atmosphere of negativity, and that they (i.e. WE) should accept this.

people must realise we are guilty of this,

Islington Hibs
04-11-2013, 05:42 PM
I have sympathy with the OP too. One of the proudest moments (and don't laugh) as a Hibs fan was our response to loosing to Celtic last year in the Cup Final. The support was immense and I think most enjoyed the day (if not the result). I went away thinking at last the support is really behind the team this bodes well....

....it was not to be and the support has been let down too often in the big games but why do we go to watch Hibs? Surely the experience is enhanced when the crowd is really behind the team? The football may be erratic (being polite) but lets at least have a good day out. Booing and negativity helps no one. Not the players, not the enjoyment of the game, does nothing to encourage new people to attend and destroys confidence.

I know we have all been tested to the limit but the choice is simple if you don't like the entertainment stay at home, if you do lets create a great atmosphere and enjoy the game!! Keep it up Section 43!

Andy74
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
If we as a club were over achieving as much as Inverness have done recently, why would we be hounding anyone?

Perhaps they are achieving because they are allowed the leeway to develop?

Waxy
04-11-2013, 05:45 PM
I have sympathy with the OP too. One of the proudest moments (and don't laugh) as a Hibs fan was our response to loosing to Celtic last year in the Cup Final. The support was immense and I think most enjoyed the day (if not the result). I went away thinking at last the support is really behind the team this bodes well....

....it was not to be and the support has been let down too often in the big games but why do we go to watch Hibs? Surely the experience is enhanced when the crowd is really behind the team? The football may be erratic (being polite) but lets at least have a good day out. Booing and negativity helps no one. Not the players, not the enjoyment of the game, does nothing to encourage new people to attend and destroys confidence.

I know we have all been tested to the limit but the choice is simple if you don't like the entertainment stay at home, if you do lets create a great atmosphere and enjoy the game!! Keep it up Section 43!Agree.The horizon looked not so bleak after the final.Then...............Malmo happened.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 05:45 PM
people must realise we are guilty of this,

No WE are not guilty of this. Some individuals are, not the whole support.

I'm not trying to defend people who boo or abuse players constantly, they are idiots. However the idea this is somehow unique to or far worse at Hibs is ridiculous.

snooky
04-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Okay, I'll bite and give the OP his 15 min of fame.

Quote:
"There's only one thing worse that a supporter who claims he's watching pish and that's a supporter who's watching the same pish and complains about the other supporters trying to do something about it." - Plato (428 BC -348 BC)

scuttle
04-11-2013, 05:46 PM

If i were a player and getting booed i would be going out my way to improve and ram it back down the supporters throats. If Vine lets it affect him and feels sorry for himself hes in the wrong profession. The OP is entitled to his opinion, i just dont get this blind loyalty where we should accept anything because hes in a Hibs jersey.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Or they just have a manager who knows his arse from his elbow?

jeffers
04-11-2013, 05:50 PM

I'm not trying to defend people who boo or abuse players constantly, they are idiots. However the idea this is somehow unique to or far worse at Hibs is ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more PB. I'm fed up reading this crap again and again that it's our fault.

Keith_M
04-11-2013, 05:55 PM

:faf:

Islington Hibs
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM

I do agree (despite my previous post). At the Hearts game last week we were excellent (players and support) until that goal. Most fans continued to support albeit it in more muted fashion while a few turned on the players very quickly. They are helping no one. It seems to me at our best we the support are superb, but there is a tendency to turn quickly if things aren't going well. let's try and give the new man our full support and leave the boo 'til after the game

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
"There's only one thing worse that a supporter who claims he's watching pish and that's a supporter who's watching the same pish and complains about the other supporters trying to do something about it." - Plato (428 BC -348 BC)
A bit of criticism doesn't mean asking for a bite, just genuinly believe that the supporters can help in regaining our potential, by creating a better atmosphere.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
i feel terrible that it's our fault ;(

Chump
04-11-2013, 05:59 PM

Sorry but completely disagree with you on virtually all accounts;

lack of Plan B, inept tactics and a team set up not to lose is the reason we have been underperforming
this forum is a medium for 'all things football' and should be seen as a bit of fun. It is more often than not a mechanism for fans venting their frustration nothing more nothing less
whats not to be debated about with a guy who is paid to put the ball in the net yet can't even control it when it comes to him??
'Hypocritical' - read.....calling a forum desperately embarrassing and then joining it to post a thread!!

a word of advice....i before e except after c or put your spell check on....desperately embarrassing spelling :na na:

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
A bit of criticism doesn't mean asking for a bite, just genuinly believe that the supporters can help in regaining our potential, by creating a better atmosphere.

Haven't we been around this corner already?

Fans have given the club tremendous backing. And yes, there are few idiots spread out between the stands that will simply boo at everything for 90 minutes.

But even after all the tremendous backing that fans have given the club, we've still been let down time and time again.

Fans can only give so much backing before their heads begin to turn.

jeffers
04-11-2013, 06:03 PM

OK, answer me this. How was the atmosphere against Malmo ? Celtic cup final ? Final against them ??

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:

If i were a player and getting booed i would be going out my way to improve and ram it back down the supporters throats. If Vine lets it affect him and feels sorry for himself hes in the wrong profession. The OP is entitled to his opinion, i just dont get this blind loyalty where we should accept anything because hes in a Hibs jersey.
HE has been in the profession for 18 year and forged a pretty good career for himself. He hasnt been impressive I admit but you dont just turn **** over night. As everyone knows confidence is just as important as ability and unfortunatley due to some hibernian fans Easter road isn't the place to lack confidence because you wont recover.

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2013, 06:06 PM
More and more folk on here having a pop at he fans at every opportunity.

How about just giving it a rest, we are the same as fans the world over, we want better.

Wee Scottie Dug
04-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Very brave 1st post - the content not the spelling/grammar that is :greengrin

You have to remember this is a forum for debating and as such there will be a fairly wide variety of opinions on almost everything Hibs related.

Whilst the reaction on here regarding performances of individual players (or the team) can be quite poisonous at times after a bad result it does not necessarily reflect the views of the supporters who attended the game being discussed - I suspect that many of them don't post or even look on here and of course on the other side of the coin there are many posters on here who do not attend games (for a variety of valid/personal/stupid/logical reasons - that has already been debated to death!).

I remember when I used to just read the forum and seldom post reading a thread regarding a game we won comfortably in the Latapy/Sauzee days (think it was 4-0 vs the Pars) and there was a quite heated discussion about who was man of the match with several players sharing the adulation of the posters (those were the days eh!) now having been at the game I thought that John O'Neill had an outstanding game and covered every blade of grass but he didn't even get a mention!

From then onwards I just learnt to accept that this forum is mainly for people to vent and it didn't really do any harm in the outside world - still believe that.

Could never boo a Hibs player / manager even if its my belief they are not good enough to be at the club, but thats just my personal choice to support the team through thin and thinner which many posters on this board also do.

:flag:

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 06:08 PM
OK, answer me this. How was the atmosphere against Malmo ? Celtic cup final ? Final against them ??
Fantastic made me proud to be a hibee, how mamny of them turn up every week though?

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2013, 06:08 PM
I agree, some of the negativity around me at Easter Road is embarrassing.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Fantastic made me proud to be a hibee, how mamny of them turn up every week though?

Only the ones that moan it would appear? :wink:

bigwheel
04-11-2013, 06:10 PM
I actually agree with some of the points in the OP. To actively be negative to a player as the try to get in the game (such as Vine) is an appalling way to support your team. I also think for a number of years now there has been a negative tone to our support. Too many willing to get on the back on the club or players at any opportunity.

I heard Ian Murray speak once on radio. He said that it was hard to explain but he felt Hibs was a really difficult place for players who didn't get off to a good start...we can be very unforgiving...

jeffers
04-11-2013, 06:11 PM

That's not my point tho'. We backed them then and got horrific performances in return.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I actually agree with some of the points in the OP. To actively be negative to a player as the try to get in the game (such as Vine) is an appalling way to support your team. I also think for a number of years now there has been a negative tone to our support. Too many willing to get on the back on the club or players at any opportunity.

I heard Ian Murray speak once on radio. He said that it was hard to explain but he felt Hibs was a really difficult place for players who didn't get off to a good start...we can be very unforgiving...

So unforgiving that we continue to turn up in numbers each week and belt out Hibs songs in support?

If we were so unforgiving, we would simply stop going.

snooky
04-11-2013, 06:16 PM

I know we have all been tested to the limit but the choice is simple if you don't like the entertainment stay at home, if you do lets create a great atmosphere and enjoy the game!! Keep it up Section 43!

I'm reminded of Kenny Dalglish's famous statement - "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"
Not actually my philosophy, however I can see where he's coming from.

bigwheel
04-11-2013, 06:20 PM
So unforgiving that we continue to turn up in numbers each week and belt out Hibs songs in support?

If we were so unforgiving, we would simply stop going.

a decent number (thousands) have stopped going, and others don't really have a great supportive attitude when they are there....fortunately many still do...

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
That's not my point tho'. We backed them then and got horrific performances in return.
4 games you mentioned, great atmosphere doesn't neccessarly mean the players are going to turn up. every game is different, But if if the supporters consistently turned up in numbers and created a buzz around the place , Hibs i feel could be the team we expect them to be. Instead of waiting for hibs to suddenly become top 4 candidates which wont happen, why dont we try and change the atmosphere and se if the players respond.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 06:25 PM
a decent number (thousands) have stopped going, and others don't really have a great supportive attitude when they are there....fortunately many still do...

Sometimes more support isn't the answer. Sometimes you can give it your all as a fan, but your voice still goes unheard.

I applaude the fans that turn up every week and manage to keep an optimistic perspective on everything regarding the club.

But for many, there comes a breaking point when they realize that no matter how much backing they provide the club, they're still going to be let down anyway.

Ricky Bobby
04-11-2013, 06:27 PM
I would concede that the fans have been getting increasingly more impatient over the past few weeks and months, but they can hardly be blamed as the slide in quality on the park has been poor and getting poorer for a number of years.
I have been going along since the eighties and there was still a bit of booing then, when merited, the difference is that there was not the protracted run of poor performances we have had to put up with recently.
I am not one for booing but given what we have been watching, what for a team the size of Hibs is a scandalously long time, I would not blame anyone for doing so.
The players just need to grow a set and start performing.

Carheenlea
04-11-2013, 06:27 PM
What area of the stand did this booing of Vine emanate from? Can honestly say I never heard it, so if there was it must have been a very small minority?

jeffers
04-11-2013, 06:31 PM
What area of the stand did this booing of Vine emanate from? Can honestly say I never heard it, so if there was it must have been a very small minority?

I sit in the West Stand, a few rows up from the home dug out. It allows me to boo the players and the manager and be heard by them. :wink:

One Day Soon
04-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Back slowly away from the hole and put down the spade...

manx hibee
04-11-2013, 06:39 PM
^^^^^this #endoff

proud_and_green
04-11-2013, 06:40 PM
If this club isn't happy with my services, then they're welcome to put me on a free transfer. :boo hoo:

What a brilliant concept!

What clubs have the most valuable supporters, is it the big clubs or the wee ones where despite the fact tat they will never see glory or silverware the supporters still turn out - not in their droves but individually these guys go week in and week out. That is surely a more valuable supporter than one who is one of many thousands.....

Bostonhibby
04-11-2013, 06:41 PM

It was me your honour, I done it, don't blame all the others:-)

I don't like the pies either.

If only we could be like all the other clubs who only ever cheer and wave pom poms whatever happens..............

RIP
04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
It's always dangerous to generalise :wink:

For example I was at Malmo away. That game and the Celtic final were fantastic examples oif crowd positivity.

Hearts games though are a continual embrassment with jakies standing in my standing space, two deep in every row, spending all their time gesturing to the opposing fans and berating every missed pass or shot.

This season we have had to watch good players subject to atrocious tactics. To support the Hibs these days you need to have a strong resolve but sadly we have a vocal minority who are like some team performances - soft as sheight!

Hopefully Butcher can get us to man up - on and off the park. Gerrintaethem :casper:

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 06:46 PM
It was me your honour, I done it, don't blame all the others:-)

I don't like the pies either.

If only we could be like all the other clubs who only ever cheer and wave pom poms whatever happens..............
why can't we be different. Would be interesting but will never happen.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 06:49 PM
What a brilliant concept!

What clubs have the most valuable supporters, is it the big clubs or the wee ones where despite the fact tat they will never see glory or silverware the supporters still turn out - not in their droves but individually these guys go week in and week out. That is surely a more valuable supporter than one who is one of many thousands.....

Every single supporter should be valued by the club that they support. So every supporter is valuable.

The day a club fails to value its supports is the day it finds itself without any support.

People who support smaller clubs that don't win much, do so with the expectations that they won't win much.

But we're not a smaller club are we? We're one of the bigger clubs in the league that we play in, so we can rightfully expect some glory.

Andy74
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Or both ?

Bostonhibby
04-11-2013, 06:56 PM
why can't we be different. Would be interesting but will never happen.

Indeed, same question to you really, how do we get the fans, to a man and woman, to only cheer all that goes on around them, especially this last week or so?

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Every single supporter should be valued by the club that they support. So every supporter is valuable.

The day a club fails to value its supports is the day it finds itself without any support.

People who support smaller clubs that don't win much, do so with the expectations that they won't win much.

But we're not a smaller club are we? We're one of the bigger clubs in the league that we play in, so we can rightfully expect some glory.
are we a big club because of our success, or a successful club because of our size? or a mediocre sized club with mediocre/limited success with ambition not within our reach. My point is just because we come from the capital and have a relatively big support for scottish football doesn't necessarly mean we can achieve the thing the supporters demand.

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Indeed, same question to you really, how do we get the fans, to a man and woman, to only cheer all that goes on around them, especially this last week or so?
sect 43 have already started this mini revolution. Join in

The Modfather
04-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Perhaps Inverness have earned credit with their fans for their consistent over achievement. Hibs have more than used up their credit with the fans this last 6 years.

Yes, there is always a danger that as a support we may expect a little too much too soon given the frustration of paying top dollar for 6 years for no return. The other danger is that standards drop as we crave any sliver of improvement we begin to accept mediocrity.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 07:08 PM
are we a big club because of our success, or a successful club because of our size? or a mediocre sized club with mediocre/limited success with ambition not within our reach. My point is just because we come from the capital and have a relatively big support for scottish football doesn't necessarly mean we can achieve the thing the supporters demand.

But I don't think we're demanding anything that's out of our reach.

Nobody is crying out for us to win the league, or to win silverware every single season.

But in a league where only one club is resourcefully better off than we are, we can expect much better than what we've been subjected to.

With Rangers out of the way and a severely weakened Hearts side, this is a golden opportunity for us to press on and achieve something memorable. But we just aren't seizing the opportunity.

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 07:15 PM
But I don't think we're demanding anything that's out of our reach.

Nobody is crying out for us to win the league, or to win silverware every single season.

But in a league where only one club is resourcefully better off than we are, we can expect much better than what we've been subjected to.

With Rangers out of the way and a severely weakened Hearts side, this is a golden opportunity for us to press on and achieve something memorable. But we just aren't seizing the opportunity.
I agree but our demands have always been high not just this season. I am not disagreeing with anyone I am neutral. ive been brassed of with the style of play rather than the poor results. But i feel the hibs fans can strike the fear of death into certain hibs players affecting there performances and style of play.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
I agree but our demands have always been high not just this season. I am not disagreeing with anyone I am neutral. ive been brassed of with the style of play rather than the poor results. But i feel the hibs fans can strike the fear of death into certain hibs players affecting there performances and style of play.

I'm not disagreeing that their are some bampots in our support that will boo down anything and everything.

But we're really not any worse in this regard to other clubs of similar stature.

Things are negative between the fans right now, because this is a negative time for the club and it has dragged on for quite some time.

It's hard to pick yourself up as a fan when you feel like you're just going to be knocked back down again.

The change will need to start within the club first. The overall attitude of the fans won't change until we see some real intent from the board to push this club forward. That's just how it is.

Gustavo Fring
04-11-2013, 07:47 PM
every club has its boo boys , that will abuse the players and manager

for anyone to suggest this only happens at hibs is a load of utter ***** .

DPBurgh1875
04-11-2013, 07:54 PM
every club has its boo boys , that will abuse the players and manager

for anyone to suggest this only happens at hibs is a load of utter ***** .
qoute someone who said it is only hibs fans.

wearethehibs
04-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Not going to read through all the replys but I agree with the op. As a fan base we are impatient with players and I think it affects them

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2013, 08:00 PM
All of the following is posted in the hope that we dont have a Yam on a fishing trip ... nae offence DPBurgh.

Firstly: I dont come onto this forum to have my spelling and grammar analysed ( just as well :greengrin ) and I hate it when I see folk do it to a fellow Hibby just because they dont happen to agree with his / her post. The folk who post on here come from many backgrounds both socially and educationally. They come on because they want to air their views and opinions with fellow supporters with whom they share a common bond. They dont come on to be belittled. So no matter how well intentioned ( unlikely ) comments about folks spelling etc are ... they are not welcome as far as I am concerned !!!

As to the post itsself:

There are elements in the Hibs support who are quick to turn these days. Who the hell can blame them. But every support is the same in bad times. Not that long ago Aberdeen fans were spitting on the manager. In some parts of the world booing is the least of a players worries after a long run of kack. I would doubt that we are the worst. I well remember the slow handclap treatment given to the team at ER at the end of the 70s ... havnt heard that for a long time.

I dont tend to boo the team or players ... I broke that rule at the end of the Yams game. If you dont think I'm entitled heres my typical season. Some figures aint exact, but deffo in the ball park Based on 18 home league matches.

I drive 1,584 miles.

I spend approx £1000

I leave the house on a Saturday to the unspoken ire of my partner who likes fitba the way I like custard. My two previous wives were worse.

None of the above includes trips to cup matches at home or away ... I have attended every Scottish cup away tie apart from Cowdenbeath in the last two seasons. Also went to Bolton, Blackpool, Carlisle and Dingwall over the last few years, which included using my precious annual leave from work.

The above is in no way a boast coz I know there are many folk on here and elsewhere in the Hibs support who travel, spend and suffer a hell of a lot more.

To then hear at least two Hibs players say in the aftermath of our latest on field capitulation that they thought the reaction of the fans to the defeat was out of proportion can only provoke one response.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

So there !!!

tamig
04-11-2013, 08:01 PM

Agree with you to a point. We do seem to have more than our fair share of boo boys who always have to have at least a couple of targets. As you say, if a new signing doesn't hit the ground running, hell mend him. This seems to have become more apparent over the past 4 or 5 years coinciding with our footballing demise. Really gets on my wick.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM

I just don't understand how difficult it is for some folk to comprehend this. I'm bored hearing top 6 will be a good finish blah, blah, blah...

leggeto
04-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Maybe just get out the white hankies instead of booing

hibby rae
04-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Not going to read through all the replys but I agree with the op. As a fan base we are impatient with players and I think it affects them

Yeah, agree with this.

rcarter1
04-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Agree with you to a point. We do seem to have more than our fair share of boo boys who always have to have at least a couple of targets. As you say, if a new signing doesn't hit the ground running, hell mend him. This seems to have become more apparent over the past 4 or 5 years coinciding with our footballing demise. Really gets on my wick.

Whether or not this happens more at Hibs than elsewhere is not the point (Butcher has alluded to the fact that we are a twitchy bunch?). He and any other manager that comes in should prepare players to 'take to the arena'. I.e train and prepare them to use abuse as a motivating factor. Until there is a mass de-radging of our support, abuse is here to stay, may as well prepare for it and use it. I find it cringeworthy by the way, and specifically hate abuse at new signings, young players breaking through, and stop gap players doing a job theyve been asked to do against their natural inclination. Radgeness however does not discriminate.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 08:22 PM

The problem is. We have players who despite only playing a handful of games for us, have shown absolutely nothing at all to suggest they should even be here.

Sometimes you can tell right away that a player just isn't going to be right for the club.

When I watched Konte play for the first time, I knew straight away that he was going to be terrible for us. And that was during a time that was actually quite a positive era for the club.

Sometimes you don't need to see much of a player to know that they simply don't have it.

I don't agree with booing players during a match either however. But I take no issue with fans booing them after the game if they've offered nothing for a full 90 minutes.

hibby rae
04-11-2013, 08:23 PM
I had a look at the Caley forum yesterday to see what their thoughts on the Butcher story was and the quickness of some fans to boo our players is commented on.

Frogga
04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I agree that our fans (although not the only issue with the club) contribute significantly to the problem. The reason clubs such as Motherwell and Inverness have done so well lately is through continuity and through a collective effort, not because they have great managers or star players. Our fans can't seem to handle a slow start or sticky patch either by players or the team as a whole. We're forever shooting ourselves in the foot and some of these fans think they are doing the club the favour in doing so. Very frustrating.

Stringer
04-11-2013, 08:32 PM
I think you should have over 100 posts before you can start a thread.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 08:33 PM
I just don't understand how difficult it is for some folk to comprehend this. I'm bored hearing top 6 will be a good finish blah, blah, blah...

I don't understand it either. Our potential as a club seems to be grossly underestimated by quite some distance.

Kato
04-11-2013, 08:36 PM

Agree. Turnbull's era is held up as touchstone on here when discussing style but what many, younger, fans don't realise is some players were given it tight on many occasions during that time. When Des Bremner first appeared in the team it must have been horrendous for him, almost every touch he was berated simply because he wasn't as good as John Brownlie (at the time no-one was). He was a midfielder being played out of position at right back for a current analogy.

It's a footballing truism that if everyone at a club is pulling in the right direction then the team will improve and get better, the supporters play a part in that.

As to the bit in bold: It's more than that, it acts as a conduit for information for the fans and for, occasionally a proper, discussion on football but I agree many forums get taken over by those who imagine their opinion on everything is worth something and people's ego can take over when "arguing" a, pointless, point.

Chump
04-11-2013, 08:52 PM
I agree that our fans (although not the only issue with the club) contribute significantly to the problem. The reason clubs such as Motherwell and Inverness have done so well lately is through continuity and through a collective effort, not because they have great managers or star players. Our fans can't seem to handle a slow start or sticky patch either by players or the team as a whole. We're forever shooting ourselves in the foot and some of these fans think they are doing the club the favour in doing so. Very frustrating.

Hibs aren't going through a sticky patch - we've been paying to watch some brutally awful football of such negativity in the last few years! I feel we have every right to voice our opinions in the right manner!!

Totally disagree that we contribute 'significantly' - by saying that you're suggesting the Hibs fans are the single biggest cause of our problems which is both bullsh*t and offensive!!

As for continuity....would you rather we just kept PF or CC etc for the sake of continuity or that we searched for the right balance to benefit the club as a whole?

PF clearly felt he couldn't hack it any longer and perhaps he took a look at himself and Hibs as a club and made the right decision all round by calling it a day - I for one am glad he did now as it was only a matter of time so may as well look onwards and upwards asap

tamig
04-11-2013, 08:52 PM
The problem is. We have players who despite only playing a handful of games for us, have shown absolutely nothing at all to suggest they should even be here.

Sometimes you can tell right away that a player just isn't going to be right for the club.

When I watched Konte play for the first time, I knew straight away that he was going to be terrible for us. And that was during a time that was actually quite a positive era for the club.

Sometimes you don't need to see much of a player to know that they simply don't have it.

I don't agree with booing players during a match either however. But I take no issue with fans booing them after the game if they've offered nothing for a full 90 minutes.

The point is the abuse during the game - or even when a player is about to come off the bench. I just don't get what these clowns think their actions are going to achieve. The abuse Vine - in particular - gets is disgraceful imo. Anybody who saw him rip us last season would probably have been quite happy at him signing for us. Hopefully the new manager can get him back to the kind of form he displayed on his two visits to ER last season.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
The point is the abuse during the game - or even when a player is about to come off the bench. I just don't get what these clowns think their actions are going to achieve. The abuse Vine - in particular - gets is disgraceful imo. Anybody who saw him rip us last season would probably have been quite happy at him signing for us. Hopefully the new manager can get him back to the kind of form he displayed on his two visits to ER last season.

At the end of the day. If a player is determined enough to succeed and prove themselves, no amount of booing or jeering from the stands could possibly hold them back.

I don't agree with the boos or jeers during the match either. But they happen, thats the situation the players find themselves in.

They can either let it get to them, or they can focus their mind fully on the game and prove all the nae-sayers wrong.

Respect doesn't come free. It's something earned.

Kato
04-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Respect doesn't come free. It's something earned.

I don't expect supporters to give respect. I do expect them to lend support.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't expect supporters to give respect. I do expect them to lend support.

And I expect players to be fully focused on the game and not allow petty comments from the stands to get to them.

But we don't always get what we expect.

green day
04-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Everyone has an opinion, but facts speak for themselves - as for Vine, this is his recent record:

2010 → Hull City (loan) 5 (0)
2010 → Brentford (loan) 0 (0)
2011 → MK Dons (loan) 17 (1)
2011 → Exeter City (loan) 5 (0)
2012 → Gillingham (loan) 9 (1)
2012–2013 St. Johnstone 35 (7)
2013– Hibernian 8 (0)

So.........he scored a few last season, but it wisnae exactly riordon-esque as a scoring record for a striker, was it?

I would be stunned if he gets 5 this season (and even typing that I am giggling). He was signed by PF, and much like Collins, he may need a certain type of service - perhaps he got it at St J, but not at Hull, Brentford, MK Dons,Exeter,Gillingham.........Hibs?

But none of that is my fault - if we are served pish, we are quite right to question it, and if we are served pish for years, what do you expect - we just sit on our hands greeting like a bunch of fairies?

At least the likes of Butcher has the decency to trawl the lower divisions in England for players that ACTUALLY fit his system, all this gash about PF being a good guy, total baloney, his job is a fitba manager, his job is to improve our team, his job is to put in place a system that works, his job is to win games - if I want a good guy I will go for a pint with my mates.

Kato
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
And I expect players to be fully focused on the game and not allow petty comments from the stands to get to them.

But we don't always get what we expect.

OK I'll rephrase that. Supporters should support.

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 09:28 PM
OK I'll rephrase that. Supporters should support.

And players should play to the best of their ability. It works both ways.

But the only way fans are going to change their attitude is if players knucle down and get on with the job.

Players will get stick anywhere they go, if fans feel that they're not digging deep enough for the jersey.

If I could have just 1 minute with our current squad. I'd be telling them to switch off from the crowd and to switch on with the ball at their feet.

All they need to do is focus harder on the game. Forget the booing and the jeers. Focus hard enough on the game and the boos and jeers will gradually fade away.

Nailrod
04-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Why is this yam rubbish still on the forum? Anybody whose spelling and grammar were really as sub-remedial as this guy's stuff wouldn't actually be able to work a computer. :rolleyes:

rcarter1
04-11-2013, 09:36 PM

But the only way fans are going to change their attitude is if players knucle down and get on with the job.

Players will get stick anywhere they go, if fans feel that they're not digging deep enough for the jersey.

If I could have just 1 minute with our current squad. I'd be telling them to switch off from the crowd and to switch on with the ball at their feet.

All they need to do is focus harder on the game. Forget the booing and the jeers. Focus hard enough on the game and the boos and jeers will gradually fade away.

You looking for a job in football management? :top marks

Nailrod
04-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Why is this yam rubbish still on the forum? Anybody whose spelling and grammar were really as sub-remedial as this guy's stuff wouldn't actually be able to work a computer. :rolleyes: I'm referring to the spelling and grammar in his OP, by the way. In the matter of minutes he's been posting on the forum his IQ seems to have improved by about forty points... :rolleyes:

jabis
04-11-2013, 09:49 PM

have still to read the thread,but I agree,blackpoolhibs,he must be here somewhere :rolleyes:.............I just don't get it,SUPPORT the team,the players get confidence,play better.....but no,the assholes decide to boo :confused:

jabis
04-11-2013, 09:55 PM

just reading the thread,how many people have thrown the toy's out the pram ?

jabis
04-11-2013, 09:56 PM
:aok:

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 10:02 PM
just reading the thread,how many people have thrown the toy's out the pram ?

Probably quite a few, but i'm certainly not one of them. I haven't put the OP down at all for his comments.

I agree with some of his points, just not all of them. Is that ok?

Kato
04-11-2013, 10:05 PM

You keep qualifying what it means to support a team. As someone said a while ago on here I miss the days when fans turned up and supported the team, with the narkiness a far lower level than it is today.

Saying that "players should play to the best of their ability" or they risk being barracked is just silly. Do you think confidence is something you just buy off the s

Do you think the players go out to play badly?

Players will get stick anywhere they go, if fans feel that they're not digging deep
enough for the jersey.

No doubt. At some clubs it's worse than elsewhere and the barracking starts earlier, as at Hibs.

Priceless.

All they need to do is focus harder on the game.

Silly me, that is all it takes.

jabis
04-11-2013, 10:08 PM

yup,he's here......as for ***** and elbow's,didn't you ......naw,nae worth it !

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 10:11 PM
yup,he's here......as for ***** and elbow's,didn't you ......naw,nae worth it !

Maybe if you're a bit nicer to him his posts will be better.

Isn't that how it works?

jabis
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Probably quite a few, but i'm certainly not one of them. I haven't put the OP down at all for his comments.

I agree with some of his points, just not all of them. Is that ok?

fine by me !

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 10:29 PM
You keep qualifying what it means to support a team. As someone said a while ago on here I miss the days when fans turned up and supported the team, with the narkiness a far lower level than it is today.

The days you're talking about where when the standards of football were generally lower all round. Football used to be a very different game to what it is now.

Saying that "players should play to the best of their ability" or they risk being barracked is just silly. Do you think confidence is something you just buy off the s

Where did I say they should be barracked? If you actually took the time to read some of my other posts, you'd see that I don't agree with the boos and jeers during games either. I do however think players should always give it there all for the jersey.

Do you think the players go out to play badly?

Of course not. But if they allow their mind to get caught up in other matters that don't involve whats going on with the game itself, then they'll be distracted and not at their very best.

No doubt. At some clubs it's worse than elsewhere and the barracking starts earlier, as at Hibs.

We've been quite poor for 6 years now. When do you consider it not to be too early for fans to be severely pissed off?

Silly me, that is all it takes.

Well actually, yes.

Players that knuckle down and focus on the game, won't cave in to pressure off of the field. Therefore leading to less mistakes and a better performance in general. Which would then lead to less and less jeering from the supporters.

jabis
04-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Maybe if you're a bit nicer to him his posts will be better.

Isn't that how it works?

Dear Blackpoolhibs
Even though you have never been to a Hibs game in yonks,as a true Hibee,through thick and thin,your well put,factually correct comments,leave me astounded RP has not approached you for the the vacant position
yours
deluded

(will that do ?)

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Dear Blackpoolhibs
Even though you have never been to a Hibs game in yonks,as a true Hibee,through thick and thin,your well put,factually correct comments,leave me astounded RP has not approached you for the the vacant position
yours
deluded

(will that do ?)

That will do fine, although i wouldn't class last Wednesday as yonks? :wink:

jabis
04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
That will do fine, although i wouldn't class last Wednesday as yonks? :wink:

congratulations :not worth

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2013, 10:40 PM
congratulations :not worth

Again, thank you. :na na:

jabis
04-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Again, thank you. :na na:

where's the middle finger smillie :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
05-11-2013, 09:58 AM
I actually agree with some of the OP's comments.... sure the spelling and grammar are atrocious but I think he has a valid point

lord bunberry
05-11-2013, 10:34 AM

I agree with you, I'm all for people voicing their opinion after the game has finished, at the end of the day we are paying top dollar to watch complete rubbish and if your not happy with what you've just watched then imo you have every right to let the players and management know about it. What I don't like is booing players when they are coming on or cheering when they get substituted, that achieves nothing. I don't think hibs fans are any worse than any other fans, my mate is an Aberdeen fan and he says the same thing happens at Pittodrie.

JimBHibees
05-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Personally think the fans reaction was a factor last Wednesday. I think both the fans and the players bottled it big time when Hearts scored. That isnt in any way meant to excuse players who are well paid relatively speaking and professional footballers however some of the personal abuse given to our players is stuff that you would be getting apprehended for in a public street.

Currently reading a book about Fergie at Man Utd in the 90s and he clearly believes that fans can influence a team when he said.

"I really believe players confidence can be affected by their support. When they start getting at them it can be really tough".

Hibrandenburg
05-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Personally think the fans reaction was a factor last Wednesday. I think both the fans and the players bottled it big time when Hearts scored. That isnt in any way meant to excuse players who are well paid relatively speaking and professional footballers however some of the personal abuse given to our players is stuff that you would be getting apprehended for in a public street.

Currently reading a book about Fergie at Man Utd in the 90s and he clearly believes that fans can influence a team when he said.

"I really believe players confidence can be affected by their support. When they start getting at them it can be really tough".

WTF does Fergie know? It took him more than 3 months to turn around ManUre's fortunes.

JimBHibees
05-11-2013, 12:41 PM
WTF does Fergie know? It took him more than 3 months to turn around ManUre's fortunes.

Your right, the ultimate loser. :greengrin

DPBurgh1875
05-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:11 PM
At the moment they certainly are. They are facing another season of mid table mediocrity if they are lucky. They have a bunch of players who arent very good and dont play well together and fans who are so quick to jump on their backs if any touch they take on the field is not a goal. Theyve also been stuck in this cycle for quite a few years now. Easter Road is one of the most hostile atmospheres in the league just now. They may have money but its not made any bit of difference for Hughes, Calderwood or Fenlon.

this is from an inverness fan. Basically counters both sides of the debate we have had on this thread,

Cropley10
05-11-2013, 06:48 PM

:applause:

macd123
05-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Butcher wouldn't have survived here if he had the same results as he had at ict. He would have been gone after relegation.