PDA

View Full Version : SPFL games to be shown in China

greenpaper55
04-11-2013, 01:57 PM
That will put them off football for life, take a look at the 3 Amigos , don't know which one i hate the most ?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24806788

Since90+2
04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Decent money they are bringing into the game. Not sure why anyone in China would want to watch Scottish football but if its generates revenue here then fair play.

LioNeilMessi
04-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Any idea how the money will be split? Hopefully equally split up between the twelve clubs and not like (for example) 1st place -30%, 2nd - 20% and the rest with small change which seemed to be quite common in the old SPL set up.

jdships
04-11-2013, 02:16 PM
That will put them off football for life, take a look at the 3 Amigos , don't know which one i hate the most ?.

They remind me of " Hickup, Buckup and F***up"
All David Beckhams hard work will be destroyed in a season :rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
04-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Can only presume the chinese have some sort of sado masochistic way about them

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Get the colours changed to red and the name changed to the Peoples Republic of Leith Dragons and we'll make a fortune (cookie).

hibs4life
04-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Seems like good news for the SPFL although looks like it will 'just' be £2m a year as it mentions £20m and 10 years. Still, it would seem to show some ambition...

jodjam
04-11-2013, 02:34 PM
A good news story. Any way to promote our game is welcome

Liberal Hibby
04-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Looks like Deek's sojourn may have had a positive impact after all!:wink:

weonlywon6-2
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Looks like Deek's sojourn may have had a positive impact after all!:wink:

Maybe he is wanted on china and its their way of trying to track him down???

GreenCastle
04-11-2013, 03:01 PM

:faf:

Any more details how the money will be split ? Will the yams see any of this money - no doubt this is a deal to suit Celtic in some round about way.

joe breezy
04-11-2013, 03:37 PM
This may be one of the only ways to get decent income into Scottish football. In Asia they look up to European football so much you wouldn't believe it.

I was in Khon Kaen in May (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khon_Kaen) a university town in NE Thailand, hardly any westerners at all, yet a guy comes up to me in the pub, asks me where I'm from and I tell him Scotland and he says, oh Saint Mirren! He'd watched St Mirren winning the cup and decided he liked them, partly because they had the same strip as Juve.

They're interested in all European football, but they've mostly just been exposed to the Spanish, Italian and English leagues. If there's goals they'll enjoy it without all of them worrying too much about the quality. Everyone there 'supports' a British football team.

Yes the EPL is so much bigger and richer but there could be a real opportunity. Just as long as we don't get bought by someone like Vincent Tan.

number9dream
04-11-2013, 03:42 PM
To torture political dissidents?

Billy Whizz
04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
What's the time difference between Scotland and China? Can't see too many sunscribing to pay per view in the middle of the night

snooky
04-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Shirley it would be a good idea to sign a Chinese player. :dunno:
There must be one or two of a reasonable standard out there when you consider their population.

Hey Rod...think of the PR & revenue.

Ka-ching! Ka-chong! :smokin

Billy Whizz
04-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Shirley it would be a good idea to sign a Chinese player. :dunno:
There must be one or two of a reasonable standard out there when you consider their population.

Hey Rod...think of the PR & revenue.

Ka-ching! Ka-chong! :smokin

It's all coming together, a Chinese manager too

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Wan Hee Haw is on petries shortlist

Sergey
04-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Quite a good initiative this and at first glance it's hard to find fault.

A lunchtime Saturday/Sunday KO here in the UK will be 8pm in China (and there will be no need for pesky floodlight failures to scupper matches).

Celtic's signing of Nakamura (I know there's a difference between Japan & China) was a marketing coup on their behalf as Nakamura was on every Sunday football bulletin on NHK. I can foresee a few Chinese players making their way to the SPL - who knows, maybe even a few investors and much needed sponsors, too.

Hibee87
04-11-2013, 06:35 PM
don't they already have a high suicide rate

mca
04-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Wan Hee Haw is on petries shortlist

Did He Not Just Resign.. :greengrin

davieh
04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
dunno,
Any idea how the money will be split? Hopefully equally split up between the twelve clubs and not like (for example) 1st place -30%, 2nd - 20% and the rest with small change which seemed to be quite common in the old SPL set up.

dunno, but surely the cash will be split among the ful 42 -spfl members, rather than just the top league? (wasnt that the whole point of merger? ) good news, but over 10 years, its hardly a game-changer...

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Did He Not Just Resign.. :greengrin

i'm looking ahead :(

Feed McGraw
04-11-2013, 08:17 PM
A good news story. Any way to promote our game is welcome Playing it better would be a good way to promote it. :greengrin

Nazz
05-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Decent money they are bringing into the game. Not sure why anyone in China would want to watch Scottish football but if its generates revenue here then fair play.

I'll be watching. when's the first game to be shown?

Nazz
05-11-2013, 12:26 AM
A lunchtime Saturday/Sunday KO here in the UK will be 8pm in China (and there will be no need for pesky floodlight failures to scupper matches).

exactly, so get ready for all the weird kickoffs when they try to find a slot in the schedule.

cocteautwin
05-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Cool. Suits me. Already use PPTV as my primary source of entertainment. Will be cool if Hibs are on there from time to time. I suspect the viewing figures won;t be that high though.

And did it really need freeloader Salmond to get it on it? Slime bag.

down-the-slope
05-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Very astute deal and credit to the League admins.......Brands like Crabbies etc who might look as vast size of Chinese market and see that they can get some great exposure

We have had a few Wan - Kers playing for us in the past...at least we can make some money out them now :smug:

spike220
05-11-2013, 08:56 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24806788 Where will the human right violations end!

Sproule Three
05-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Good idea really. As has been said any money coming into game is good. Best of all that banker Ryan McGowan will get to watch his beloved Poppy thieves getting horsed a few times on their way to relegation

Hibee_Dave
06-11-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm pretty sure the deal itself is with media brokers MP & Silva and was announced a while ago. IIRC the deal was 20mil over 10 (maybe) years. This means that the money for the China deal is already guaranteed and while being broadcast in China brings extra exposure, it doesn't bring in any extra money to that which was already agreed to allow the rights to be sold outsdie the EU by MP & Silva. They recently also sold some rights in India as well I believe.

Exposure in India and China is definitely a good thing and could generate extra sponsorship but in terms of the deal, after sharing it out and letting the ugly sisters get their share, we probably don't get too much out of it.

They need to work harder to agree a deal in Japan!!

down-the-slope
06-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Aberdeen must be rubbing their hands as the only Red Shirts in top league..........

wonder if there will be a few red away shirts appearing......