PDA

View Full Version : Assistant Manager

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Will Rod trust the new man enough to appoint his own assistant?

He hasn't really let anyone do that since Yogi. CC was given Derek Adams then Billy Brown, then Fenlon has Billy Brown too and I do wonder how much of Pat's own appointment Jimmy Nic was.

If it is to be Butcher he seems to take Malpas everywhere he goes so this could stump the deal if Petrie won't let him appoint his own man.

I always find Malpass a dour customer but I suppose that is not too much harm as a number 2 and him and Butcher seem to be a good partnership.

Wouldn't be against Jimmy Nic staying on though. Him and Butcher maybe know each other through their Rangers connections.

Part/Time Supporter
04-11-2013, 10:22 AM

He hasn't really let anyone do that since Yogi. CC was given Derek Adams then Billy Brown, then Fenlon has Billy Brown too and I do wonder how much of Pat's own appointment Jimmy Nic was.

If it is to be Butcher he seems to take Malpas everywhere he goes so this could stump the deal if Petrie won't let him appoint his own man.

I always find Malpass a dour customer but I suppose that is not too much harm as a number 2 and him and Butcher seem to be a good partnership.

Wouldn't be against Jimmy Nic staying on though. Him and Butcher maybe know each other through their Rangers connections.

Liam O'Brien.

Maybe he is an argument for Rod choosing the assistant?

:devil:

Mikey
04-11-2013, 10:22 AM

This is a wind up, right?

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:25 AM
This is a wind up, right?

No - do you think CC chose Derek Adams or Billy Brown. Do you think Pat chose Billy Brown? Maybe he chose Jimmy Nic though not even entirely sure about that one.

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Liam O'Brien.

Maybe he is an argument for Rod choosing the assistant?

:devil:

Liam was first team coach. Was never officially no 2. Did we ever get an explaination as to what happened to Liam O'Brien?

Posh Swanny
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Depends if the manager and assistant will take salareis that fit within Petrie's combined budget.

Calderwood, for example, may have found it easier to find a number two of his own choosing had he not taken most of said budget for himself.

(allegedly)

Brightside
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Malpas will be coming with Butcher also bringing the Sports Shrink they have on the team.

Part/Time Supporter
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Liam was first team coach. Was never officially no 2. Did we ever get an explaination as to what happened to Liam O'Brien?

He was the number two guy in the setup last season, no?

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
He was the number two guy in the setup last season, no?

Don't think he was every officially assistant manager though. Could be wrong

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Depends if the manager and assistant will take salareis that fit within Petrie's combined budget.

Calderwood, for example, may have found it easier to find a number two of his own choosing had he not taken most of said budget for himself.

(allegedly)

Oh yeah, I do remember hearing that one. Presumably Calderwood couldn't decide which sweeties he wanted to buy so decided to take all the money for himself so he could buy sweeties from both shops.

Part/Time Supporter
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Don't think he was every officially assistant manager though. Could be wrong

Please explain the difference between a "first team coach" and an "assistant manager", if the club doesn't have an assistant manager.

IMO you're ignoring him because it doesn't suit your argument.

Mikey
04-11-2013, 10:35 AM
It's like "The Car Park Money" all over again.

Stevie Reid
04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
This story was the only time I was ever convinced by Calderwood in his time at Hibs: -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/colin-calderwood-appointing-adams-as-exciting-as-beating-rangers-3-0-1-833850

I firmly believe that all of our managers have appointed all of their assistants, with the exception of Fenlon and Brown, who was already in place when Pat arrived.

Mikey
04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
This story was the only time I was ever convinced by Calderwood in his time at Hibs: -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/colin-calderwood-appointing-adams-as-exciting-as-beating-rangers-3-0-1-833850

I firmly believe that all of our managers have appointed all of their assistants, with the exception of Fenlon and Brown, who was already in place when Pat arrived.

Looks like lies to me :wink:

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Maybe my thoughts are wrong re the appointing of our recent assistant managers then. Hold my hands up and apologise for any offence caused.

Still think there have been some strange appointments in the last couple of years though.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Maybe my thoughts are wrong re the appointing of our recent assistant managers then. Hold my hands up and apologise for any offence caused.

Still think there have been some strange appointments in the last couple of years though.

:faf:

So you were totally wrong.

But you're still right.

Mikey
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM

I don't think anyone's offended, but the amount of rumour, misinformation and downright lies that end up on here can only be damaging.

Then there are those who believe it and run with it :wink:

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't think anyone's offended, but the amount of rumour, misinformation and downright lies that end up on here can only be damaging.

Then there are those who believe it and run with it :wink:

Point taken. I see where you are coming from. I have read through my original post and it was badly worded and lacked foundation. I should have used phrases like "It appears to me" etc and made it seem like it was based on my own opinion and hunches rather than fact.

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 12:04 PM
:faf:

So you were totally wrong.

But you're still right.

I was wrong to word my OP in the way I did and have conceded it lacks foundation and is only adding to the many .net FACTS. For which I have apologised.

I stand by my own personal thoughts that the appointments of Derek Adams, Billy Brown and possibly Jimmy Nic seem a little bizarre.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 12:07 PM
I was wrong to word my OP in the way I did and have conceded it lacks foundation and is only adding to the many .net FACTS. For which I have apologised.

I stand by my own personal thoughts that the appointments of Derek Adams, Billy Brown and possibly Jimmy Nic seem a little bizarre.

I know.

It particularly amused me because you sounded just like my ex! :greengrin

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 12:17 PM
I know.

It particularly amused me because you sounded just like my ex! :greengrin

Right even when they are wrong? That's not just your ex mate, is that not all women? :greengrin

Peevemor
04-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Right even when they are wrong? That's not just your ex mate, is that not all women? :greengrin

Not just women - I'm always right too. I've only been wrong once and that was one time when I thought I was wrong when in fact it turned out I was right all along. :dizzy: