PDA

View Full Version : When did Jackie McNamara join the Arabs?

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
And how long a contract did he sign?

I'm sure it's highly unlikely he'd leave them to come to Leith, but given that the board are supposedly looking for "someone who will unite the club", none of the candidates mentioned so far, seem to do that.

McNamara, on the other hand, would be a popular appointment.

Peter Houston, however...

Billy Whizz
04-11-2013, 08:20 AM

I'm sure it's highly unlikely he'd leave them to come to Leith, but given that the board are supposedly looking for "someone who will unite the club", none of the candidates mentioned so far, seem to do that.

Think it was late January this year. Don't know the length of his deal though

Edit June 2016

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Think it was late January this year. Don't know the length of his deal though

Yes. I just looked up Peter Houston in Wiki and it confirms he was mutually consented in January.

And McNamara is on a 3 year deal (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/jackie-mcnamara-joins-dundee-united-on-a-3-year-deal.1359563055), so he's even less of a possibility than he was before I started this, now bankrupt, thread! :greengrin

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Went there in January. Not sure how long the deal is but would imagine it would have been at least 2.5 years.

Forget it anyway. Not even worth discussing. We will never be able to entice a current Dundee United manager to Easter Road.

If we want them it must mean they are doing well and we are most likely doing rubbish. We are a slightly bigger club than Utd but not big enough to leave Utd for when they are doing ok and we are in a poor state after years of mis-management.

The only way we could entice a Utd manager to Eater Road is if they are not doing so well but that being the case, why would we want them?

Weststandwanab
04-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Not sure about that - he still stays in this neck of the woods so a move closer to home may be appealing. Down side is he will be the favourite for the Celtic job when NL leaves. No different to Butcher and Sevco !

Billy Whizz
04-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Yes. I just looked up Peter Houston in Wiki and it confirms he was mutually consented in January.

And McNamara is on a 3 year deal (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/jackie-mcnamara-joins-dundee-united-on-a-3-year-deal.1359563055), so he's even less of a possibility than he was before I started this, now bankrupt, thread! :greengrin

The comp would be an issue. The Utd chairman is an even bigger roaster than Petrie. Him and Rod don't get on.
If Jackie was to resign though.........

Andy74
04-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Dundee Utd are just 2 points ahead of us aren't they?

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Dundee Utd are just 2 points ahead of us aren't they?

Yeah, with a better manager than Pat, playing a better style of football with better goalscorers thus scoring more goals and not to mention a host of exciting youngsters.

Ask Utd fans who they would rather have as their manager - Jackie Mac or wee Pat. I have and you probably don't need me to tell you the answer.

Ask fans of any SPL team if they would have swapped their manager for Fenlon and I doubt you would have got many takers.

Mikey
04-11-2013, 10:29 AM

It doesn't matter who the club appoints the Copy and Paste brigade will make sure we know, post after post, that they're not convinced, and jury's out, but they're still supporting him...........

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
It doesn't matter who the club appoints the Copy and Paste brigade will make sure we know, post after post, that they're not convinced, and jury's out, but they're still supporting him...........

You reckon?

I'm not convinced...

Mikey
04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
You reckon?

I'm not convinced...

I am.

Mikey
04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
I am.

Mikey
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I am.

:tee hee:

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 10:40 AM
I am.

:tee hee:

:aok:

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 10:46 AM

Ah Mikey, back with that old chestnut. If a new man doesn't come in and do well to start with, of course that will happen. Do you think it is different at other clubs?

All people are doing are saying that they are not convinced so far but will give him time before making a judgement and they are still supporting him because they are Hibs fans and want him to do well. The longer someone doesn't do well the more people will say they are not convinced, the jury makes a verdict and people want him out as what happened with Pat. Do you think it is any different at any other club?

Maybe I have got you wrong but it seems like you are suggesting there are Hibs fans out there who are determined for the club to do badly?

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Ah Mikey, back with that old chestnut. If a new man doesn't come in and do well to start with, of course that will happen. Do you think it is different at other clubs?

All people are doing are saying that they are not convinced so far but will give him time before making a judgement and they are still supporting him because they are Hibs fans and want him to do well. The longer someone doesn't do well the more people will say they are not convinced, the jury makes a verdict and people want him out as what happened with Pat. Do you think it is any different at any other club?

Maybe I have got you wrong but it seems like you are suggesting there are Hibs fans out there who are determined for the club to do badly?

To be honest, that wouldn't surprise me if it was true, but I'll keep my own council on that subject.

However, there are definitely Hibs fans who want to believe the worst about the club and latch onto any negative remark, repeating it ad nauseum until it becomes a dotnet FACT.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
I said the day that Fenlon left, that McNamara would be my 1st choice. He turned Partick into the team they are now. He's shown at United that he's not frightened to introduce youngsters at the expense of experienced players. Exactly the position at Hibs, injury permitting, where we have a crop of youngsters needing much more game time.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 11:06 AM
I said the day that Fenlon left, that McNamara would be my 1st choice. He turned Partick into the team they are now. He's shown at United that he's not frightened to introduce youngsters at the expense of experienced players. Exactly the position at Hibs, injury permitting, where we have a crop of youngsters needing much more game time.

He'd be a great choice, but we can't afford him.

Unless he breaks his own contract and resigns.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
He'd be a great choice, but we can't afford him.

Unless he breaks his own contract and resigns.

Anyone on here know his dad well enough

The Sea-gull
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
To be honest, that wouldn't surprise me if it was true, but I'll keep my own council on that subject.

However, there are definitely Hibs fans who want to believe the worst about the club and latch onto any negative remark, repeating it ad nauseum until it becomes a dotnet FACT.

If there are fans like that - are they really Hibs fans at all? There may be people out there who pose as Hibs fans but really just want to take an opportunity to troll but surely there are not that many? If there are the they are very sad individuals and most of the m get "outed" anyway.

I refuse to admit there are any Hibs fans who want the club to do badly or enjoy giving the club a kicking on a message board. People are only expressing their opinion and often it is negative just now because things have not been going great. It's just passion getting a bit out of hand at times.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 11:23 AM
If there are fans like that - are they really Hibs fans at all? There may be people out there who pose as Hibs fans but really just want to take an opportunity to troll but surely there are not that many? If there are the they are very sad individuals and most of the m get "outed" anyway.

I refuse to admit there are any Hibs fans who want the club to do badly or enjoy giving the club a kicking on a message board. People are only expressing their opinion and often it is negative just now because things have not been going great. It's just passion getting a bit out of hand at times.

I hope you're right, but wouldn't surprise me if there were people who wanted Hibs to fail so that the pressure for RP to leave became too much for him to resist.

There are definitely people who want to believe all the negative rumours though.

e.g. We could have got Griffiths for £150k.

Steve Clarke was offered the job and the RP reduced the salary.

Rod appoints the assistant managers.

There are loads more examples too and it's not fair, nor is it helpful, but folk love to believe them and spread them.

Del Boy
04-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Would be my first choice but no way he'd leave united. Got an excellent crop of young players and a chairman who backs him well; see how many players they signed in the summer including Goodwillie plus Gomis and Wilson after the deadline on frees.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
United just tied up 2 of their best prospects until 2016, so looks like Jackie won't be joining Hibs

PatHead
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM
I hope you're right, but wouldn't surprise me if there were people who wanted Hibs to fail so that the pressure for RP to leave became too much for him to resist.

There are definitely people who want to believe all the negative rumours though.

e.g. We could have got Griffiths for £150k.

Steve Clarke was offered the job and the RP reduced the salary.

Rod appoints the assistant managers.

There are loads more examples too and it's not fair, nor is it helpful, but folk love to believe them and spread them.

But these are all FACTS. I read them on Hibs.net. Keep up for goodness sake.