PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at mill?

kaimendhibs
03-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Dodds on sportscene alluded to reports of unrest in hibs dressing room! Surely bollox? Have heard nothing and thought overall spirit was good?

Sent from my iphone

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Dodds, sportscene, the BBC :rolleyes:

HoboHarry
03-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Dodds on sportscene alluded to reports of unrest in hibs dressing room! Surely bollox? Have heard nothing and thought overall spirit was good?

Sent from my iphone
Aye like he has the inside track on what's happening at ER. Wish they would bin him as well as all the other wallopers they have giving their informed opinions (cough...)

joe breezy
03-11-2013, 11:22 PM
When you have a team that plays as badly as Hibs I would expect there to be unhappy moments in the dressing room

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Aye like he has the inside track on what's happening at ER. Wish they would bin him as well as all the other wallopers they have giving their informed opinions (cough...)

He's more likely to have an inside track than most of us............to be fair.

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2013, 11:32 PM

i've not even watched sportscene, but if he's made false accusations on TV then i would hope the players/club would publicly ask him to retract those accusations, he works in football circles so maybe he hears some 'snippets' :dunno:

Jim44
03-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Delighted to know that there's a bit of passion wafting around our underachievers. I'd be shocked if there was anything less than deep anxiety among them at our lack of progress.

monktonharp
03-11-2013, 11:34 PM
when you have an overpaid bbc lackie and an ex-hun , dyed in the wool I might add, you are bound to get snidey remarks about a club on the opposite side of the country and going through a bit of a hard time. he's played either up north/Dundee or glesga and he loves to rub it in to us. I do not rate any comment he makes, and never will. where could he get any info like his comment on the dressing room? only a day or so after Fenlon walked, and most players in the same dressing room saying good things about Pat Fenlon, as well as expressing their sadness. not one of them have said.....he lost the dressing room, I could not deal with his ideas etc etc. his comments are totally irrelavent.

Lucius Apuleius
04-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Man is a dick. His comments ladt night regarding the foul on Heff on the edge of the box were despicable in my opinion.

Aldo
04-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Is it just me(prob is) or are the BBC and their pundits just looking for stuff on us.

1st it's PF and now he's gone there's unrest in the camp.

That's the reason I don't listen to or watch Sportsound/sportscene.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Man is a dick. His comments ladt night regarding the foul on Heff on the edge of the box were despicable in my opinion.

I never watch Borescene, what did he say?

Bostonhibby
04-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Probably the biggest Scottish football scandal of the century was the financial doping going on at the now defunct Glasgow Rangers, that and the culpability of their board and owners. I imagine Dodds was nearer the inside story on that one but other than sympathetic noises for the benefit of fans of the soon to be formed new club, The Rangers I don't recall much commentary of the sort you'd expect under the BBC charter.
All he will be doing is passing on the sort of gossip that the rest of them shuffle around themselves masquerading as being "in the know" to help convince their leaders at the BBC that they actually do something more than sit around in their wee club supporting each others particular agendas. Strong Hun and Mini hun element at the BBC Scotland sports team, "establishment" teams who are well represented by the history and allegiances of the pundits..............Dodds is also a roaster.

hibsbollah
04-11-2013, 07:28 AM
He's more likely to have an inside track than most of us............to be fair.

Im not sure when it comes to bbc scotland they do, to be honest. Chick Young, Biscuits, Dodds, Rob Maclean...I mean, seriously. You learn nothing about Hibs from watching or listening to them. I thought we'd have learnt that by now.

offshorehibby
04-11-2013, 07:29 AM

What were his comments last night if you don't mind me asking.

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 07:36 AM
I love this complaining about the BBC being negative, when this is the most negative place going when it comes to Hibs.

I don't believe they give a monkeys about us, other than as a topic to fill air time with cliche ridden dross. My main complaint about the Beeb is that they have to walk too safe a path, and so they end up bland and boring.

Oh for a Brian Clough to come on and say it how it is. Scotland is too small a pond, and people don't want to upset someone they could bump into the next day.

Add in the way Scottish people take any perceived criticism, and you have a perfect recipe for the small town broadcasting that comes out of BBC Glasgow.

E10 Rifle
04-11-2013, 08:39 AM
I love this complaining about the BBC being negative, when this is the most negative place going when it comes to Hibs.

I don't believe they give a monkeys about us, other than as a topic to fill air time with cliche ridden dross. My main complaint about the Beeb is that they have to walk too safe a path, and so they end up bland and boring.

Oh for a Brian Clough to come on and say it how it is. Scotland is too small a pond, and people don't want to upset someone they could bump into the next day.

Add in the way Scottish people take any perceived criticism, and you have a perfect recipe for the small town broadcasting that comes out of BBC Glasgow.

:aok:

SlickShoes
04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Of course there is unrest, the manager that signed all the players just left, we have had some of the most embarrassing defeats in our history this season and the fans are losing the will to attend games. I would be worried if there wasn't unrest amongst the playing staff in this situation.

GreenPJ
04-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Of course there is unrest, the manager that signed all the players just left, we have had some of the most embarrassing defeats in our history this season and the fans are losing the will to attend games. I would be worried if there wasn't unrest amongst the playing staff in this situation.

Does anyone in the know if KT is upset at Pat leaving? Genuine question

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 09:09 AM

Billy Dodds?

southsider
04-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Mickey Stewart has been banging on for weeks now about Fenlon having to go and his article in today's sun is spot on. Tom English too was correct when he said our players played like cowards.

SlickShoes
04-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Mickey Stewart has been banging on for weeks now about Fenlon having to go and his article in today's sun is spot on. Tom English too was correct when he said our players played like cowards.

Sounds like last years team, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before etc etc.

Bringing in a new manager probably won't get to the root of the problem, there is an apathy about the club, amongst the players and the fans, the people higher up have to see this, but I don't think they have any idea it's really a problem as long as we sold X amount of season tickets.

rcarter1
04-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Watching the player interviews on Hibs there are small indicators of division in the camp. Not neccesarily out of the ordinary, but Collins came across a bit disgruntled, and even Heff was bemoaning the paucity of chances being set up for him. Probably nothing unusual to a dressing room? :dunno:

IanM
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM

not sure on this one but i read Ben Williams interview over the wknd and he didn't sound like he was upset. sounded more like he himself had realised a change was needed and had identified that they way we play needs changed.

he kept it to the point, wasn't anything malice towards PF etc just said we needed a new manager in

don't think there would be any trouble yesterday, at the final whistle all the players were shaking hands, patting on the back etc - it showed a bit unity more than anything.

Jimmy Nichol on the pitch before the game putting the players through some shooting practice, had all the boys involved and they looked like they were working well - just need to put it more into the game.

and it's the last time i'll ever be wearing one pair of socks to the football now, toooo cold

Wembley67
04-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Unrest in the dressing room with the manager leaving? No chance, I won't hear of it.

GraniteCityHibs
04-11-2013, 09:30 AM
To be fair to Doddsy. He was asked a leading question about the Hibs job being a 'poisoned chalice' which you could argue is difficult to disagree with.

He batted it away and said that the job is a very attractive one for the right manager. I think it was Butcher they were talking about at the time.

matty_f
04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
To be fair to Doddsy. He was asked a leading question about the Hibs job being a 'poisoned chalice' which you could argue is difficult to disagree with.

He batted it away and said that the job is a very attractive one for the right manager. I think it was Butcher they were talking about at the time.

I'd be surprised if Dodds understood the question.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
not sure on this one but i read Ben Williams interview over the wknd and he didn't sound like he was upset. sounded more like he himself had realised a change was needed and had identified that they way we play needs changed.

he kept it to the point, wasn't anything malice towards PF etc just said we needed a new manager in

don't think there would be any trouble yesterday, at the final whistle all the players were shaking hands, patting on the back etc - it showed a bit unity more than anything.

Jimmy Nichol on the pitch before the game putting the players through some shooting practice, had all the boys involved and they looked like they were working well - just need to put it more into the game.

and it's the last time i'll ever be wearing one pair of socks to the football now, toooo cold

yes, it was quite chilly yesterday :(

summer football please

Treadstone
04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd be surprised if Dodds understood the question.

:agree:
Dodds thought he didn't have an EBT.

matty_f
04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
:agree:
Dodds thought he didn't have an EBT.

To be fair to him, I'm not sure Dodds could spell 'EBT' so how is he supposed to know if he had one?!

Hibby70
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
To be fair to him, I'm not sure Dodds could spell 'EBT' so how is he supposed to know if he had one?!

When asked if he had an EBT, Dodds replied that he'd never set foot in a bookies.

Lucius Apuleius
04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
What were his comments last night if you don't mind me asking.

I never watch Borescene, what did he say?

Him and the other two idiots agreed that it was a good foul as Heff would probably have scored. Condoning cheating IMO and feckn annoyed me.

Stevie Reid
04-11-2013, 11:13 AM
I often take great issue with stuff on the BBC and Sportscene regarding Hibs, but I really have no trouble with what the pundits or McCall said. It was a good foul, he denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and was punished correctly and accordingly - the free kick was too central and too close to the edge of the box to pose a serious danger, and the wasn't enough time in the game for us to gain an advantage from the extra man.

If it were the other way around I would be saying it was a good foul, so I have no issue with others saying so from a Motherwell point of view.

Since90+2
04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Him and the other two idiots agreed that it was a good foul as Heff would probably have scored. Condoning cheating IMO and feckn annoyed me.

They are right.

It probably did prevent a goal and helped Motherwell win the game. I would hope one of our players would do the same in that situation.

Betty Boop
04-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Is it just me(prob is) or are the BBC and their pundits just looking for stuff on us.

1st it's PF and now he's gone there's unrest in the camp.

That's the reason I don't listen to or watch Sportsound/sportscene.

You're paranoid. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I hope there is a bit unrest in the dressing room at ER.

There should be, because absolutely no one from the top down should be close to being satisfied by how the last few years have gone.

A few home truths coming out would be no bad thing imo.

Aldo
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
You're paranoid. :greengrin

Just what I thought! :-D

Hibercelona
04-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Not a fan of Dodds. But it would be rather foolish to assume that everything is all sweet and rosey behind the scenes.

Lucius Apuleius
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
They are right.

It probably did prevent a goal and helped Motherwell win the game. I would hope one of our players would do the same in that situation.

Not disputing part of the comment was right. Condoning it is IMO despicable.

andudare2
04-11-2013, 04:48 PM
when you have an overpaid bbc lackie and an ex-hun , dyed in the wool I might add, you are bound to get snidey remarks about a club on the opposite side of the country and going through a bit of a hard time. he's played either up north/Dundee or glesga and he loves to rub it in to us. I do not rate any comment he makes, and never will. where could he get any info like his comment on the dressing room? only a day or so after Fenlon walked, and most players in the same dressing room saying good things about Pat Fenlon, as well as expressing their sadness. not one of them have said.....he lost the dressing room, I could not deal with his ideas etc etc. his comments are totally irrelavent.wullie, the dick could not even get day of game right,said twice game had been played yesterday,this on sunday night,s programme,guy,s a ***** balloon :greengrin

Bostonhibby
04-11-2013, 04:51 PM
When asked if he had an EBT, Dodds replied that he'd never set foot in a bookies.

When pushed he would admit to having EBT but he will blame it on having to share a seat with Chic Young and Alan Preston due to BBC cutbacks and he is now applying the right cream to the afflicted area so he should be alright soon.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Billy Dodds and Robbo both awful "commentators". REALLY AWFUL!
Small man syndrome?