PDA

View Full Version : our attackers are gash

SouthamptonHibs
03-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Another game win zero goals, our team is brutal going forward. I think Heff will be good but I'd never play Vine or Collins again, I'm not even sure Caldwell will turn out to be good. Craig and Robertson need to do more going forward, Harris is injured still hopefully he will be back soon. 9 league goals all season says it all. Get a finger out Hibs, what manager would want to come to us with these duds in the team?

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2013, 09:22 PM
You realize we cannot sign players just now right?

silverhibee
03-11-2013, 09:23 PM
You realize we cannot sign players just now right?

Yes we can.

Fergus52
03-11-2013, 09:23 PM
You'd never play collins again. wow.

did you say the same when claros and Robertson had slow starts?

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Unfair to judge them - they hardly get any chances created for them.

eastterrace
03-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Another game win zero goals, our team is brutal going forward. I think Heff will be good but I'd never play Vine or Collins again, I'm not even sure Caldwell will turn out to be good. Craig and Robertson need to do more going forward, Harris is injured still hopefully he will be back soon. 9 league goals all season says it all. Get a finger out Hibs, what manager would want to come to us with these duds in the team?

but pat has left us with one of the best squads in the league we have been told, maybe this is the start of our annual slump which usually lasts till feb so no need to worry.

Mikey
03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
what manager would want to come to us with these duds in the team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MhvHZYtqPxs

SouthamptonHibs
03-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm all for giving people chances but 9 flipping goals all season is terrible! As my mate said we'd be better with Jackie Collins up front. Heff looks the part but the team is slow as old dogs and moving the ball forward quickly doesn't happen. If we are in for our usual Xmas slump then it's going be a long winter. I'm up next week for the ict game, glad our home form is good we should win this game 3 or 4 nil

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Yes we can.But the good ones cant play until January 1st

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Collins is a finisher. Not a forward or an attacker. Give him the ball in the penalty box and he will score his fair share. Don't send him chasing long balls. Rather than Collins being gash, what is gash is asking players to do stuff that they don't have in their locker.

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Is that 270 minutes without scoring now ?!?! :boo hoo::grr:

Dreadful.

eastterrace
03-11-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm all for giving people chances but 9 flipping goals all season is terrible! As my mate said we'd be better with Jackie Collins up front. Heff looks the part but the team is slow as old dogs and moving the ball forward quickly doesn't happen. If we are in for our usual Xmas slump then it's going be a long winter. I'm up next week for the ict game, glad our home form is good we should win this game 3 or 4 nil

yes our home form has been good recently, except for the hearts game oh and the aberdeen game oh and the ross county game and the malmo game so other than that its been good

SouthamptonHibs
03-11-2013, 09:36 PM
yes our home form has been good recently, except for the hearts game oh and the aberdeen game oh and the ross county game and the malmo game so other than that its been good

I'm with you on this one, I'll turn up hoping for a 4-0 Hibs and be happy with anything that gets us a point. US Hibs fans don't get much value for our season tickets down at ER these days mate

Billychaotic182
03-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Collins is a finisher. Not a forward or an attacker. Give him the ball in the penalty box and he will score his fair share. Don't send him chasing long balls. Rather than Collins being gash, what is gash is asking players to do stuff that they don't have in their locker.

Did you see his miss today?!?

Not having a go at him as I like the look of him
But he needs to show more. Been very poor so far or hibs. But as said before I'll judge him when he starts getting more delivery

SouthamptonHibs
03-11-2013, 09:38 PM

I'm hoping he comes good but can't see it, he is slow and the shots he has had have been poor Aberdeen last week and Hearts just to name a few.

Holmesdale Hibs
03-11-2013, 09:39 PM

I don't think its as simple as our strikers being gash and the fact that the midfield isn't creating alot of chances is just as important.

I agree Heffernan has looked the best so far although I think its too early to tell with the others.

I think Collins will come good if we start creating chances for him, particularly if we play with wingers that put in decent crosses. He had an ok scoring record before he came and has looked alright in a few games earlier in the season. He's young, in a new team and probably lacking confidence. I think he'll improve.

Not sure about Vine. I don't think he's nearly as bad as some make out but still needs to do more. Its too early to write him off completely and hopefully the new manager can give him a new start. Another one that must be suffering from a lack of confidence given some of our supported pounce on every mistake he makes (I'm not trying to change the direction of the thread, but I genuinely think this must be a factor.)

Caldwell in young and hardly played so difficult to make a reasonable judgement.

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 09:39 PM

He could be 3 yards from an open goal and i'd bet my house on him hitting it wide.

Thats how good a finisher he is.

eastterrace
03-11-2013, 09:40 PM

But he needs to show more. Been very poor so far or hibs. But as said before I'll judge him when he starts getting more delivery

not seen the miss yet but agree need to give him a chance to show what he can do when he gets better service, mind he is still young so got to stop getting on to him as you will destroy what confidence he has left.

Allan45
03-11-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't think the strikers are gash, they surely have good technical ability.
I would say their confidence is low at present with all the upheaval at the club.

Hopefully things should settle with a new manager and maybe new coaching staff….:cb

Andy74
03-11-2013, 09:45 PM
He could be 3 yards from an open goal and i'd bet my house on him hitting it wide.

I'm not sure why some of you bother. You do support this club, right? Gone are the days when we don't stand for anyone talking crap about our team. We now do it all ourselves.

SouthamptonHibs
03-11-2013, 09:47 PM
The lack of wingers and width in our team and play is terrible, the past three / four years has been poor. It's hard to tell about Caldwell as he has not played much but apart from his goal v Hearts (which was class) he hasn't managed to force himself into a team that's crying out for strikers. Vine could be our worst forward ever to wear the number 9, my pompey mate's were laughing at how he was in the spl when he couldn't even make there team in a trial last year. The guy is slow and brutal there is no hope there. Collins we all want to be good but he can't finish for toffee, every game he misses a sitter or a great chance, can't see him being good. The Heff will need to score 20+ this season for us to finish top six

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure why some of you bother. You do support this club, right? Gone are the days when we don't stand for anyone talking crap about our team. We now do it all ourselves.

Oh Andrew..........:rolleyes:

Andy74
03-11-2013, 09:50 PM

What?

nonshinyfinish
03-11-2013, 09:50 PM

FFS, try a change of diet or something.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM

TBF Andy has a point :agree:

SouthamptonHibs
03-11-2013, 09:52 PM

It's hard not to be honest, Easter Road was always a great place to go up until past few years. We never expected to win every game but most games we got entertained and Hibs would score goals and have plenty of shots on goal. These days we don't get beat by much ie 1 goal normally but we don't create chances but if we do our strikers can't score them. In our games it's nearly first team to score wins the match

IberianHibernian
03-11-2013, 09:52 PM
The late misses against Aberdeen and today would have given us 2 points more and direct rivals 2 less but neither were open goals so I certainly wouldn`t write him off because of them especially as he`d just come on as a sub . If he doesn`t turn out to be a good signing for us , I`ll be surprised if he doesn`t do well at his next club .

Mikey
03-11-2013, 09:53 PM

Yep.

If a Yam came on here and said "Boo" they'd be hounded out but Hibs fans are happy to hide behind the Freedom of Speech excuse and rip the club to bits. Some of the stuff people come out with is unbelievable.

Nailrod
03-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Is that 270 minutes without scoring now ?!?! :boo hoo::grr:

Dreadful.1 goal in our last five competitive outings. But I think that in our first five competitive outings this season we didn't manage any goals.

So that's progress.

Andy74
03-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Yep it's not debate or critique it's cheap taking the piss.

I'd hate to hear how some talk about teams or players they don't claim to support.

There's lots of talk about support and new starts and we have a number of posters still intent in getting the boots in.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2013, 09:56 PM
OP has a valid point. 9 goals is absolutely pathetic.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM

Suffering from a huge crisis of confidence. Comes to Hibs as second choice cos we all wanted Sparky. Comes to Hibs for a fee in an age when only Celtc pay for players. Comes to Hibs at a time when we have less patience than an empty hospital.

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM

Is the goalie crap cos we've let loads in?

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 09:59 PM
:blah:

I don't think Collins is good enough for this club.

If any of you think that makes me less of a Hibs fan. Then alright, you keep thinking that. :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 09:59 PM
What?

You make reference to "people talking crap" yet you have continually defended the undefendable (don't even think that is a word mind). To the extent that a well respected poster thinks/thought you are a troll or a yam!

Hence my "oh Andrew" comment.

P.S dont even get me started on Edwin De Graaf :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
03-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Goalie is good, best we have had at ER in years. Vine and Collins (on form so far) worst strikers we have had at Easter Road in years, Vine could be he worst number 9 ever to wear the green.
We're we spolied with Deek, Garry O, Fletcher, Killen, Stokes, Griffiths and even Doyle, Nish and Donaldson who have proven all to be better than Collins and Vine..so far?

Andy74
03-11-2013, 10:05 PM
You make reference to "people talking crap" yet you have continually defended the undefendable (don't even think that is a word mind). To the extent that a well respected poster thinks/thought you are a troll or a yam!

I haven't yet stooped to taking the piss out of our own though particularly when we need to stick together.

Having an opinion is one thing, continually kicking the club and those within it is quite another so your points about my views are nowhere close to being comparable.

The poster you referred to has apologised.

QMU-1875
03-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Collins is a "finisher"... Sorry but that miss today was awful. As clear cut an opportunity as you could hope, as a striker you simple have to score those. Vine done very well when he came on, made a difference. I think they will both come good!

nonshinyfinish
03-11-2013, 10:10 PM

For the record, it's 'indefensible'.

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 10:11 PM
I haven't yet stooped to taking the piss out of our own though particularly when we need to stick together.

Having an opinion is one thing, continually kicking the club and those within it is quite another so your points about my views are nowhere close to being comparable.

I sometimes enjoy reading your posts so am not get into a slagging match.

But it Might be worth asking yourself why someone so understanding and patient as Jonnyboy felt compelled to make the "Troll or Yam" comment in the first place.

Agree re sticking together but sometimes we need to see the wood from the trees!

Hibs Till We Die.

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 10:12 PM

Cheers ! :aok: :greengrin

clerriehibs
03-11-2013, 10:14 PM

Undefendable is a word, distinct from indefensible, and the context here could have been appropriate.

Hibercelona

Sorry, but quite a lot of fans are sick of "sticking together". This is the guff that Petrie kept coming out with. Promising us that things would get better as long as we stuck together and gave the club plenty of backing.

From what i've seen, the club have had more than enough backing and fans sticking together in recents times and what have the club got to show for it?

Fans are told to do this and to do that. But when are the club going to pull their fingers out and deliver for the fans?

We've finished yet another cycle of disappointment and you're unhappy about fans negativity towards players and staff?

Jonnyboy

But it Might be worth asking yourself why someone so understanding and patient as Jonnyboy felt compelled to make the "Troll or Yam" comment in the first place.

Agree re sticking together but sometimes we need to see the wood from the trees!

Hibs Till We Die.

Can we drop this please. As Andy says I've apologised both on the thread in question and privately and that apology has been accepted

B.H.F.C

Are you happy with 9 goals in 12 league games? Going forward we have been very, very poor.

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Can we drop this please. As Andy says I've apologised both on the thread in question and privately and that apology has been accepted

Of course - felt it needed mentioning but won't drag it up again. :aok:

You troll you !!!!!!! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Of course - felt it needed mentioning but won't drag it up again. :aok:

You troll you !!!!!!! :greengrin

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM

It's very poor, and this season we're lacking the guaranteed goals Sparky gave us. The team is low on confidence and the strikers aren't getting the service they need. There aren't many goals in this squad.

Andy74
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM

Hibs Till We Die.

No it's not worth thinking about thanks.

Having a minority opinion isn't something that calls for abuse. That's a dangerous position for any community or society.

Why are you trying to compare that to constant posts taking the piss out of anything and everything to do with the club?

nonshinyfinish
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Undefendable is a word, distinct from indefensible, and the context here could have been appropriate.

I think it's a word insomuch as it's been used enough as an incorrect form of 'indefensible' to have been recognised by some dictionaries.

I can't think what your definition of 'undefendable' could be that would be distinct from 'indefensible', though.

Andy74
03-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Sorry, but quite a lot of fans are sick of "sticking together". This is the guff that Petrie kept coming out with. Promising us that things would get better as long as we stuck together and gave the club plenty of backing.

From what i've seen, the club have had more than enough backing and fans sticking together in recents times and what have the club got to show for it?

Fans are told to do this and to do that. But when are the club going to pull their fingers out and deliver for the fans?

We've finished yet another cycle of disappointment and you're unhappy about fans negativity towards players and staff?

You are the club. Or should be.

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Why are you trying to compare that to constant posts taking the piss out of anything and everything to do with the club?

Who's doing that? Some people don't think certain players are good enough. It's an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 10:28 PM
You are the club. Or should be.

Fans aren't the club. Fans "support" the club. The club then rewards fans for their support by putting on a display worth watching.

Hibs don't reward us. They ask us for more, instead of giving us more.

The very little noise that comes out of the club is always focused on the fans and what we should be doing to improve as a support. Nothing is ever said on what they'll do to improve.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
It's very poor, and this season we're lacking the guaranteed goals Sparky gave us. The team is low on confidence and the strikers aren't getting the service they need. There aren't many goals in this squad.

I'm hoping Harris can help change it when fit. Everything was very congested at times today when the space was out wide. When we did get the ball wide on a few occasions in the second half the delivery was poor, particularly from Craig and Stevemson. We've seen before that he can get his head up and pick people out. And he will also give us some bloody pace!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Collins is a "finisher"... Sorry but that miss today was awful. As clear cut an opportunity as you could hope, as a striker you simple have to score those. Vine done very well when he came on, made a difference. I think they will both come good!

It was woeful, but then again so was Heffernan's but he is not scheduled to be the fall guy for s couple and weeks yet??

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
See my comments below :-

No it's not worth thinking about thanks. I think it is (for you in this instance)

Having a minority opinion isn't something that calls for abuse. That's a dangerous position for any community or society. Nothing wrong with having a minority opinion, but when you go overwhelmingly against the grain (like you've done previously with Edwin De Graaf!) you can expect a bit of flak ! As for your "community/society" comments........I think you need to get over yourself ! :faf:

Why are you trying to compare that to constant posts taking the piss out of anything and everything to do with the club?Fans are gutted at the moment about how things have been going and posts reflect that - simple as that!

Liberal Hibby
03-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Fans aren't the club. Fans "support" the club.

Indeed, but there's precious little evidence of you or your mate VoR actually supporting the club. It's a constant diet of negativity and slagging of players and management.

If anyone is trolling here its you two - not Andy 74.

erskine-hibby
03-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Our strikers get little or no quality ball to work with, as has bwen the case for a while now. We don't have the likes of Leigh Griffiths or a Derek Riordan who can make something out of nothing. If we want to see the best of our strikers, and I don't think they are as bad as they look just now, we must gwt much, much better service to them.

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Indeed, but there's precious little evidence of you or your mate VoR actually supporting the club. It's a constant diet of negativity and slagging of players and management.

Slagging them off by saying I don't think they're good enough?

If thats what you consider "slagging off" then so be it. But some would disagree.

I want whats best for the club, if thats "trolling", then i'm quite happy to be considered one. :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 10:53 PM

:faf:

I shouldn't really bite, but :-

Does going to most of the games count as "supporting the club"

Does enrolling your kids in the hibs kids count?

Does ensuring your kids spend money in the hibs shop count?

Does taking your family and friends to Easter road count?

How do you "support Hibs" liberal hibby ?

silverhibee
03-11-2013, 10:53 PM
I think it is very important for us that the Heff stays injury free during the season, the strikers need to start taking the chances we create in games.

erskine-hibby
03-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I think it is very important for us that the Heff stays injury free during the season, the strikers need to start taking the chances we create in games.

Yes I agree with that but how many quality chances have they had? I can hardly think of the last time I saw us hitting the byline and providing a decent cross. Everything seems to come through the middle, not the kind of thing that the strikers we have thrive on.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Yes I agree with that but how many quality chances have they had? I can hardly think of the last time I saw us hitting the byline and providing a decent cross. Everything seems to come through the n middle, not the kind of thing that the strikers we have thrive on.

Good point e-h :agree:

Heff's goal against St Mirren came from the wide and allowed him to do what he does best, find space in the box

CRAZYHIBBY
03-11-2013, 11:04 PM

To label vine and Collins as gash is an absolute insult to gash players up and down the country

Liberal Hibby
03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
:faf:

Does taking your family and friends to Easter road count?

How do you "support Hibs" liberal hibby ?

It must be a barrel of laughs in the Reason seats. Me I just turn up for the cup finals...

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 11:08 PM
It must be a barrel of laughs in the Reason seats. Me I just turn up for the cup finals...

Thought as much.

Poor response.............

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 11:09 PM
I think we should wait and see what happens if (hopefully when) we get somebody who can set the team up properly tae actually create a decent number of chances in a game. We dinnae have any strikers in the Griffiths mold who create their own goals out of nothing, most would struggle with the service (or lack thereof) ours have had.

Liberal Hibby
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Thought as much.

Poor response.............

Reasoned as ever...

erskine-hibby
03-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Good point e-h :agree:

Heff's goal against St Mirren came from the wide and allowed him to do what he does best, find space in the box

Yup and our other strikers are much of the same mould. The little floated chip over the top isn't working, neither is the big punt up the middle either. Ok we are short on wide players, but we do have a few that could do more of bursting into the box from angles to open up defences and create chances. At the moment we seem to get to about 20 yards out and run out of ideas...except for the aforementioned float over the top.

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Reasoned as ever...

I think it's only right that someone who never goes to the games or invests in the club, has a real go at people who do go and really care about the club (and who dare express their honest opinions on a message board).

Hope you feel good about yourself :aok:

Liberal Hibby
03-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I think it's only right that someone who never goes to the games or invests in the club, has a real go at people who do go and really care about the club (and who dare express their honest opinions on a message board).

Hope you feel good about yourself :aok:

Ah the uberfan debate.

Bishop Hibee
03-11-2013, 11:21 PM
We made as many chances as Motherwell today which given we were away from home was reasonable. On another day Heff would have scored but I agree, the thought of him being injured or suspended doesn't bear thinking about.

Handling is the player out of the other forwards we have who I feel should be given a chance even if it is cutting in from out wide. Push Robertson infield and drop Taiwo.

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Ah the uberfan debate.

Not at all - YOU were the one who said there was "precious little evidence" of me supporting the club. I have given you evidence (shouldn't have bitten but did).

You obviously enjoy having a go at fans who attend the games and invest in the club, a bit perverse, but carry on son :aok:

Liberal Hibby
03-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Not at all - YOU were the one who said there was "precious little evidence" of me supporting the club. I have given you evidence (shouldn't have bitten but did).

You obviously enjoy having a go at fans who attend the games and invest in the club, a bit perverse, but carry on son :aok:

Saying you go to games is not evidence - but I have no reason to doubt you don't turn up at Easter Road. My point is that you are one of a small number of unrepresetnative posters who are constantly negative, mean spirited and subjective in your postings. If you are anything like you are on here at the game I'd hate to sit next to you, your family and friends.

If I'm wrong could you point me in the direction of a post where you say something positive about watching Hibs?

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 11:41 PM
If I'm wrong could you point me in the direction of a post where you say something positive about watching Hibs?

Why would he if there is literally nothing positive to say about watching Hibs at the moment?

We were generally quite poor again. What's positive to say?

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Saying you go to games is not evidence - but I have no reason to doubt you don't turn up at Easter Road. My point is that you are one of a small number of unrepresetnative posters who are constantly negative, mean spirited and subjective in your postings. If you are anything like you are on here at the game I'd hate to sit next to you, your family and friends.

1. I started a thread praising the guys in the East for the amazing atmosphere at our last home league game against Aberdeen !

2. I defended Fenlon's substitutions against Aberdeen where I felt he correctly went for it.

Sadly, things have not being going well at Hibs so there is more negative than positive things for me to say at present (unless you think 2 home wins at ER in 2013 is acceptable?!?!)

Given that you don't go to Easter road, your point about hating to sit next to myself, my family or friends is both irrelevant and downright nasty.

Liberal Hibby
04-11-2013, 12:05 AM
1. I started a thread praising the guys in the East for the amazing atmosphere at our last home league game against Aberdeen !

2. I defended Fenlon's substitutions against Aberdeen where I felt he correctly went for it.

Sadly, things have not being going well at Hibs so there is more negative than positive things for me to say at present (unless you think 2 home wins at ER in 2013 is acceptable?!?!)

Given that you don't go to Easter road, your point about hating to sit next to myself, my family or friends is both irrelevant and downright nasty.

Two out of 2,560 posts - not bad.

Oh by the way I don't only turn up for cup finals - I would have thought with your logic and reason you would have spotted that - as you would with the 'if' in the previous post.

The unrelenting negativity from a few hyperactive but unrepresentative posters makes this place pretty unpleasant at times - and if refelcted from the stands (which both Pat Fenlon and now Jimmy Nichol in his post match interview have alluded to) undermines the players' confidence.

The Voice Of Reason
04-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Two out of 2,560 posts - not bad.

Oh by the way I don't only turn up for cup finals - I would have thought with your logic and reason you would have spotted that - as you would with the 'if' in the previous post.

The unrelenting negativity from a few hyperactive but unrepresentative posters makes this place pretty unpleasant at times - and if refelcted from the stands (which both Pat Fenlon and now Jimmy Nichol in his post match interview have alluded to) undermines the players' confidence.

You still continue with this - in response to a direct question from you i gave you 2 examples of positive posts from the last league home game alone !!!!!

Yet you brush this aside and make a hollow reference to my post count and a derogatory comment about my logic and reason. Your use of big words doesn't put me off - continue to be nasty if you wish, your bully boy tactics don't work with me :na na:

Very poor show sir :yawn2:

Unseen work
04-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Thought heff overall yesterday was very poor and could of had a hat trick in the first half

Collins missed a very good chance

Robertson could of done better after his run

Really need to start taking these chances

bawheid
04-11-2013, 07:58 AM

Things just aren't going right in your life, are they son?

greenpaper55
04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
I don't think our forwards are any worse than any other teams but we are so narrow in attack that chances are very hard to manufacture, if we had some width and players got to the by line for a few cutbacks then yer grannie would score goals against most teams, is that what happened against St Mirren recently ?.