PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere (or lack of) today

Carheenlea
03-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Today really showed how recent poor results and performances have affected our support.

Fir Park is usually one of the most popular away-days and just a short run from Edinburgh, but today must have been our smallest travelling support at Fir Park for quite some time, and one of the smallest of the season. The singing section and their drum appeared to be absent resulting in a flat atmosphere all round. Of course, the players on the park can spark a crowd into life, but while we were reasonably OK for large parts of today's game it` wasn`t particularly edge of the seat stuff!
Hopefully the new manager can give the place a spark and a lift, and we can get the fans back on board for a season that is far from lost. A decent string of results to get us back in the mix at the right end of the table with an improvement in our style of play will hopefully encourage that.

God Petrie
03-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Cracking atmosphere with boys booing Vine into the park. Nice to hear.

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Fans are hugely deflated right now. The new man will have to be somebody who can hit the ground running. None of this "taking time to gel" nonsense.

The fans need something positive to shout about for a change. Fans need a reason to get off their seats, other than to leave the game early.

We need excitement and enthusiasm. We need a manager who can deliver that right from the word go.

The Green Goblin
03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Probably the fact that it was a 12:30 kick off on a Sunday didn't help the atmosphere

HH81
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
The last 8 days have been a disaster for the club. I guess that had something to do with it?

Bayern Bru
03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
There was obviously no point in trying to compete with Motherwell's 'Ultras'.

A rhythmless drummer, a fud with a megaphone, and a self-painted banner saying 'RIP Sect 43'.

I'm all for creating an atmosphere at matches but they were embarrassing.

cleanyman
03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
I was in the main stand.

Didn't hear or notice the Hibs fans at any stage.

Dejected.

kaimendhibs
03-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Thought the atmosphere was very flat but no surprise after the week we have had. Didn't help having both tiers open either. All in all felt a bit surreal

Sent from my iphone

Alfred E Newman
03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Wednesdays result was a dagger to the heart of the supporters. Given the situation at Tyncastle now you could argue that it was even worse than the cup final if that was possible. Unfortunately the new manager is going to have to hit the ground running as patience is something that has been exhausted.
We can only hope.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Poor, poor product on show, Sunday footie in general, non fan friendly kick off time, game on the tele, weather turning cold.

Makaveli
03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Probably the fact that it was a 12:30 kick off on a Sunday didn't help the atmosphere

Totally.

The commentator said early on it was really quiet and that the recent Friday night meetings were noisier.

Friday night > Sunday lunchtime... who would have thought it? :confused:

Bishop Hibee
03-11-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't go to many away games but Sunday lunchtimes are my least favourite ko times home or away. Fair play to the just under 500 Hibs fans who went through.

HibbySpurs
03-11-2013, 06:37 PM

A rhythmless drummer, a fud with a megaphone, and a self-painted banner saying 'RIP Sect 43'.

I don't think anyone could make out a word that clown with the megaphone was saying.

The atmosphere was totally non existent today. It was a bit like watching a Sunday league game at the jack Kane....

Which reminds me, the well ball boys were shocking failing to retrieve the ball for Hibs players. At one point Craig was having to clamber around in some undergrowth to get the ball back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killie-hibby
03-11-2013, 06:50 PM

Which end was the drummer,fud and banner in, Hibs or Motherwell.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Which end was the drummer,fud and banner in, Hibs or Motherwell.

Motherwell end.

kaimendhibs
03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't think anyone could make out a word that clown with the megaphone was saying.

The atmosphere was totally non existent today. It was a bit like watching a Sunday league game at the jack Kane....

Which reminds me, the well ball boys were shocking failing to retrieve the ball for Hibs players. At one point Craig was having to clamber around in some undergrowth to get the ball back.

Was thinking, hope there's no jaggies in there!

Sent from my iphone

hihohibby
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Sadly, I was indifferent to both result and performance today. Like others, I have been kicked in the guts to the point of feeling indifferent to the club I have supported for 50 years. It's going to take one hell of an inspiring manager and rise in the standard of football, personnel and performances to ignite that old enthusiasm, where making my down Easter Road filled me with genuine schoolboy enthusiasm and anticipation of something exciting about to happen.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Motherwell end.

Thought they were quiet as well. Did you hear the Cavalry tune over tannoy today. Reminded me of a rare Rayanir landing on time.

Hibernia&Alba
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't go to many away games but Sunday lunchtimes are my least favourite ko times home or away. Fair play to the just under 500 Hibs fans who went through.

I must admit I haven't been to an away game in a couple of months. Going to home games has been torture enough. I watched on telly and didn't think there were as many as 500 actually. Respect to all who travelled today. It did sound quiet at Fir Park on tv.

silverhibee
03-11-2013, 07:12 PM

Should have said something to them.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 07:29 PM

I didn't hear anyone booing. That must mean I was sitting nowhere near you, a fact for which I am extremely grateful

One Day
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Wednesdays result was a dagger to the heart of the supporters. Given the situation at Tyncastle now you could argue that it was even worse than the cup final if that was possible. Unfortunately the new manager is going to have to hit the ground running as patience is something that has been exhausted.
We can only hope.

Said the same on wednesday, felt more deflated

HibbySpurs
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Thought they were quiet as well. Did you hear the Cavalry tune over tannoy today. Reminded me of a rare Rayanir landing on time.

Hahaha aye wtf was all that about....

Taradaradatadarad