PDA

View Full Version : Truce

Keith_M
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
For the sake of the club, and people's sanity, would it be possible to call a truce and refrain from attacking the club/management/players/groundsman... at least until the manager (whoever that may be) has had a reasonable bedding in period?

I realise this goes against the grain for most of us but it would be great if we could just try some uncritical backing of the team during what is a very crucial, and difficult, time for the club.

I'm in no way trying to sound überfannish or attacking people's general right to whinge (I love a good whinge :wink:), I just think this is something really important just now.

WhileTheChief..
03-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Yup. Always feels like a slate wiped clean when a new man comes in.

This is the most positive I've felt since CC left.

Dibben
03-11-2013, 02:49 PM
We need to. Whoever gets the job, must be given time to get his ideas across and turn around our fortunes (even Hartley and Levein)... ;-)

Onion
03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
For the sake of the club, and people's sanity, would it be possible to call a truce and refrain from attacking the club/management/players/groundsman... at least until the manager (whoever that may be) has had a reasonable bedding in period?

I realise this goes against the grain for most of us but it would be great if we could just try some uncritical backing of the team during what is a very crucial, and difficult, time for the club.

I'm in no way trying to sound überfannish or attacking people's general right to whinge (I love a good whinge :wink:), I just think this is something really important just now.

Would love that but the control freak and main problems within the club remain. Getting rid of Fenlon has done nothing to address that.

Stevie Reid
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM
I was just staying on another thread that it would be nice if this board wasn't overrun with posters saying "told you he was crap", "I've never rated him" etc as soon as we hit some bad form with the new man in charge.

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM

I'm in no way trying to sound überfannish or attacking people's general right to whinge (I love a good whinge :wink:), I just think this is something really important just now.I'll support the manager, I'll support the team and even the groundsman but that's it.

greenlex
03-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I'll support the manager, I'll support the team and even the groundsman but that's it.
Even if they are sporting Taches?:dunno:

harvthehibee
03-11-2013, 02:58 PM
For all his criticisms thankful Rod has kept us financially stable through what has been an awful few years for Scottish football. As long as the manager whoever that may be comes in and plays a reasonable standard of positive football while continuing the work of Fenlon in respect of bringing in some promising youth to the team I think everyone will be positive and get behind the new man and the club in general.

That being said Rod should be nowhere near the recruitment process and they should take their time and make sure that they get this one right.

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Even if they are sporting Taches?:dunno:Nothing tae do with the tache it's the **** sporting it. :wink:

greenlex
03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Nothing tae do with the tache it's the **** sporting it. :wink:
:greengrin

Hermit Crab
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Yellow red card system then? If someone slates the board players management team then get yellow cards red cards etc. then a ban for a period?? ;)

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
For me. The board (the club board) are equally as culpable as Fenlon.

They'll be no clean slate until there are real changes made where it matters most. A new face at manager level isn't going to change much in the long run.

Perhaps we'll get a temporal lift and start winning a few games again. But I think most fans can see where this is heading, unless there are some major changes made.

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Yellow red card system then? If someone slates the board players management team then get yellow cards red cards etc. then a ban for a period?? ;)

There would be about 3 posters left on the board. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2013, 03:08 PM

What is the point of a forum if you can only be positive? Is everything positove at Hibs?

TrinityHibs
03-11-2013, 03:18 PM
In line with the general mood just now I've decided the new manager should get the bullet. To date he has shown no ambition, tactical appreciation, understanding of what being a Hibby is, never commented after the game and has done nothing to make me think that he is anything other than another Rod Petrie mouthpiece. Just go along with Collins, Vine, Stevenson, Craig, Zoubir, McPake, Hanlon, Taiwo, Mullin, Thomson and Rod. We can set the team up with Williams in goal and Robertson doing everything else other than scoring. Does that cover the general Hibs.Net consensus?

Hermit Crab
03-11-2013, 03:20 PM
What is the point of a forum if you can only be positive? Is everything positove at Hibs?

No but I think what the op means is cut out the constant berating of the players manager and board.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2013, 03:21 PM

Probably just the admins.

Silversand
03-11-2013, 03:28 PM
In line with the general mood just now I've decided the new manager should get the bullet. To date he has shown no ambition, tactical appreciation, understanding of what being a Hibby is, never commented after the game and has done nothing to make me think that he is anything other than another Rod Petrie mouthpiece. Just go along with Collins, Vine, Stevenson, Craig, Zoubir, McPake, Hanlon, Taiwo, Mullin, Thomson and Rod. We can set the team up with Williams in goal and Robertson doing everything else other than scoring. Does that cover the general Hibs.Net consensus?

I think the manager after the next manager needs to go too - hopeless.

:duck:

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Would love that but the control freak and main problems within the club remain. Getting rid of Fenlon has done nothing to address that.

But if Fenlon has resigned rather than dismissed, that means there will be no hush hush clauses to adhere to, to secure a pay off, so all these main problems will be detailed in the sports sections of newspapers this week as Pat Fenlon rescues his own reputation by telling us th e reasons why he couldn't succeed?

Hibrandenburg
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I think the manager after the next manager needs to go too - hopeless.

:duck:

:greengrin:

Petrie's probably got his p45 at the ready.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Pretty sure (almost) everyone will support the new man.

But football supporters like a moan, football supporters have had scapegoats since long before the internet existed and it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

Aldo
03-11-2013, 04:07 PM

No that many??

One Day
03-11-2013, 08:39 PM
For me. The board (the club board) are equally as culpable as Fenlon.

They'll be no clean slate until there are real changes made where it matters most. A new face at manager level isn't going to change much in the long run.

Perhaps we'll get a temporal lift and start winning a few games again. But I think most fans can see where this is heading, unless there are some major changes made.

that would do for a start

silverhibee
03-11-2013, 09:19 PM

Truce

Going well isn't it. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Truce

:greengrin

Andy74
03-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Truce

Brilliant.