View Full Version : Scott Robertson

03-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Excellent performance today. Looked gutted at the end and appeared to try and apologise to the fans. Looking more positive and influential each week. A definite positive in recent weeks and there's not been many of them to enjoy!

03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Excellent performance today. Looked gutted at the end and appeared to try and apologise to the fans. Looking more positive and influential each week. A definite positive in recent weeks and there's not been many of them to enjoy!That cannae be right, he disnae look interested and his body language is terrible, somebody said so on here the other night. :agree: Think their eyes must be painted on though.

Will be a good player for us. :agree:

03-11-2013, 02:18 PM
That cannae be right, he disnae look interested and his body language is terrible, somebody said son on here the other night. :agree:

Ha! Yes, there has been some mad views on this week - the one you refer to was one of the maddest ! :)

03-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Been our best player this season IMHO.

03-11-2013, 02:21 PM
That cannae be right, he disnae look interested and his body language is terrible, somebody said son on here the other night. :agree:

That would be me I think regarding his performance after the goal on Wednesday. :greengrin I didn't think the body language of any of the players was good in the second half on Wednesday. I thought he played very well today especially as he is a central midfielder playing wide right. Great pass for Heff which led to Hutchison being sent off.

03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
That would be me I think :greengrin I didn't think the body language of any of the players was good in the second half on Wednesday. I thought he played very well today especially as he is a central midfielder playing wide right. Great pass for Heff which led to Hutchison being sent off.Nah, it wisnae you :greengrin I was refering tae even if you did say it.

03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
I had my doubts based on last season but I think he's brilliant now, very calm on the ball and is a lot more skillful than I first thought. Very impressed

03-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Great player, really tidy game today.

Today was about imbalance - Alan on the right plays a safe game at full back (did well today). Ryan on the other hand looks to get forward - this affects our midfield balance as Lewis is 'safe' and unwilling to take a man on, whereas Scott does.

The side then gets caught when possession is lost as our centre halves are exposed as we are out of alignment.

We need a forward minded right back, and a pacy left winger. Craig and Robbo were very good today.

wee hay
03-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Been our best player this season IMHO.

Spot on

03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Hibs best player so far this season. Really come onto a game recently, tackles well, gets forward and never stops running.

Needs to start seeing a bit more end product in terms of goals and assists but looks very promising.

Steven_Hibs
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
That cannae be right, he disnae look interested and his body language is terrible, somebody said so on here the other night. :agree: Think their eyes must be painted on though.

Will be a good player for us. :agree:

Body language was all wrong ever since he signed. But yeah my eyes are painted green and white unlike some. Clean through on goal the day couldn't finish his dinner. Still doesn't convince me, but yet he's the best thing since sliced bread, apparently

03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
A good player who will be a key man for whoever the new manager is. Looks awkward, his technique often looks off and every single thing he does looks a massive effort for him, but he has heart, ability, and quite often an end product.

03-11-2013, 02:59 PM
He is too good for us the way we are playing just now. One of the few players to take a man on and have a shot. His solo run today deserved a goal. You can see he cares more than others, when we score he celebrates like mad and when we lose he holds his hands up and says sorry. Only player I saw on Wednesday to applaud the fans. We need him in the middle though.

Heedersnvolleys
03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
He is too good for us the way we are playing just now. One of the few players to take a man on and have a shot. His solo run today deserved a goal. You can see he cares more than others, when we score he celebrates like mad and when we lose he holds his hands up and says sorry. Only player I saw on Wednesday to applaud the fans. We need him in the middle though.

Defo need him in the middle. This is what really annoys me with PF's signings. Nots so much the quality if the player but the amount of CM we have when we are so sparse in other departments. Eg wide players and a decent RB who is not injury prone!

03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Defo need him in the middle. This is what really annoys me with PF's signings. Nots so much the quality if the player but the amount of CM we have when we are so sparse in other departments. Eg wide players and a decent RB who is not injury prone!

Robertson, Craig and Thomson should be the middle 3 with a pacy wide player and any decent forward beside Heffernan.

We should only ever be playing 1 up front and the likes of Stevenson and Taiwo in the midfield when it's against Celtic.

HibbySpurs
03-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Robertson had a good game today.

Thought Lewis played well as well, tried his heart out and always keen to be involved.

From where I was sitting there needs to be work done on the left flank though as McGivern and Stevenson seemed to get muddled at times in who should covering who and Motherwell got a fair bit of joy down that wing, especially in the first half.

I'm going to lay the blame for most of that with McGivern today as there was also another time when Hanlon had the ball on his own left side but lost the ball and McGivern had failed to drop in as cover...

I like McGivern but this is an area of his game he needs to work on...

We were desperately unlucky not to get something out of today's game IMO.

Smiggy 7-0
03-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Been our best player this season IMHO. DEFINATELY :agree::agree::agree:

03-11-2013, 03:22 PM
If the new manager tells our players that they should get in front of the ball and that they should take players on, then the likes of Robertson will flourish.

03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Was positive going forward today. Tried very hard to make things happen. Unfortuantly it was all a bit solo, with other players failing to show enough urgency/initiative.

03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Close thing between Robertson, Craig and Williams for our POTY so far.

03-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Our best player this season by an absolute distance IMO. Bumped into him after the 0-0 derby last season. Seemed like a proper decent bloke. Wasted when he stick him out on the right. He's the perfect player to play in the centre with KT. KT doing the dirty work and Robbo bursting forward

03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Really want to see him given an extended run in the team at CM.

Hopefully when Harris is back this will happen.

03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
He was excellent today and has impressed me any time I've seen him this season.

04-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Excellent performance today. Looked gutted at the end and appeared to try and apologise to the fans. Looking more positive and influential each week. A definite positive in recent weeks and there's not been many of them to enjoy!
Is fast becoming my new favourite player, I really like what he brings to the team. Best player on the park yesterday.

04-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Is fast becoming my new favourite player, I really like what he brings to the team. Best player on the park yesterday.

He'd be even better if he's played through the middle, where he belongs. :wink:

04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
I see the BBC didn't bother with his brilliant solo run in the highlights!

mon the cabbage
04-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Last season I said he was poor and I couldn't see him being any good but he this season he has been a much better. He seems a lot more confident and direct. There are still a couple of frustrating things but on the whole he has made an improvement.

04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Robertson is this season's Claros. Pish in the first season, outstanding the next.
Just wait til you see how good Collins and Vine are next season!

04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Robertsons been awesome for us.
Must be worth 10m

04-11-2013, 01:13 PM
He has been impressing me the most out of all the players this season. Imagine what he might perform like in a Hibs team playing well.

04-11-2013, 01:51 PM

They didn't!! Total farce, best move of the game by some distance and it's not in the highlights. Who edits them needs a shake!

04-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Pity really because it was some run!

04-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Robertsons been awesome for us.
Must be worth 10m

I think he's worth more than 10 minutes, to be fair. Would be disappointed if he wasn't given the full 90 most weeks.

05-11-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_zO2V3yDU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

05-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Much better than last - or even early - season.

I like him and think he can be a good player for us - and I've been critical in the not so recent past.

05-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Robertson is this season's Claros. Pish in the first season, outstanding the next.
Just wait til you see how good Collins and Vine are next season!

For the record I think Collins will actually come good over the next few months.

05-11-2013, 04:56 PM
For the record I think Collins will actually come good over the next few months.

Totally agree re James Collins mate...im convinced there is a player in there somewhere...he just needs decent service. Vine on other hand is a total huddy

RIP Bestie
06-11-2013, 09:42 PM
He has been excellent this season. Another one like Claros and Griffiths that a lot of supporters wrote off who Fenlon kept faith with. I'm glad I have been proved wrong.

07-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Think Robbo needs to be in the middle, along with Thomson or OTJ in order to drive the team forward. Craig might have to stay on the left but can be a bit narrower since McGivern has the engine to get up and down. No idea what to do on the right flank until Harris gets fit and we find a right-back. Over to you Terry...

07-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Think Robbo needs to be in the middle, along with Thomson or OTJ in order to drive the team forward. Craig might have to stay on the left but can be a bit narrower since McGivern has the engine to get up and down. No idea what to do on the right flank until Harris gets fit and we find a right-back. Over to you Terry...

Bring the lad Aaron Doran in this January.

07-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Bring the lad Aaron Doran in this January.

Contracted to ICT til 2016.

McKay is there til 2015 as well. The assumptions made by many that we will be able to pilfer their best players doesn't seem too realistic to me.

07-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Contracted to ICT til 2016.

Damn!

07-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Damn!

I think getting McKay for another two years was their biggest coup.

07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I think getting McKay for another two years was their biggest coup.

Fair point. I think TB may try and go for one of or both of their CB's Meekings & Warren as I think both Clancy & McPake will be gone this summer.

07-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Fair point. I think TB may try and go for one of or both of their CB's Meekings & Warren as I think both Clancy & McPake will be gone this summer.

I certainly think he will go after those who are attainable - sadly, their real stand outs in McKay and Doran (who are two types that we really need) are tied up. Butcher does have a good track record of unearthing pacey, direct players though.

ICT fans certainly seem to rate Meekings, and Warren seems a no nonsense CH like Nelson.