PDA

View Full Version : hanlon

Scooter
03-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I thought he was excellent again today. Another one who get a hard time but has played well recently

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I thought he was excellent again today. Another one who get a hard time but has played well recentlyCannae wait for the replies tae this from the usual suspects.

Sprouleflyer
03-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I thought he was excellent again today. Another one who get a hard time but has played well recently

Still appears a bit soft at times, but agree on the whole had a good game today.

mentalhibee
03-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Still appears a bit soft at times, but agree on the whole had a good game today.

Hibs best player, Not that there's much competition mind you.

Leighonel
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
He was alright when the ball was on the ground but he seemed to lose out on every ball in the air.

Scooter
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
He was alright when the ball was on the ground but he seemed to lose out on every ball in the air.

Don't know what game you were watching

lucky
03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Played very well again but always does well without McPake

Wotherspiniesta
03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm a fan of Hanlon, but for me today he got absolutely schooled by Sutton.

truehibernian
03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Cannae wait for the replies tae this from the usual suspects.

Count me as a usual suspect DD sadly - he sums up Hibs - too nice, weak and made no progress in 5 years. I can't defend him anymore I'm afraid (not that I was ever truly convinced by him in the first place).

Leishy1995
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
He's a much better player when he doesn't just hoof it. Only once did I feel he was beaten by Sutton.

Steven_Hibs
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Count me as a usual suspect DD sadly - he sums up Hibs - too nice, weak and made no progress in 5 years. I can't defend him anymore I'm afraid (not that I was ever truly convinced by him in the first place).

This. Why you think Sutton went over to Hanlon instead of Forster. Targets our weaklink

greenlex
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm a fan of Hanlon, but for me today he got absolutely schooled by Sutton.
Rubbish. The laddie didn't put a foot wrong. Bar one mistake that Motherwell should have scored from Forster was the same.

Scooter
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
This. Why you think Sutton went over to Hanlon instead of Forster. Targets our weaklink

Honestly some people don't have a clue. Foster played well but hanlon was crap. How many times did foster get caught out? Hanlon hardly put a foot wrong but foster cause 2 fantastic chances for well but Foster played well and Hanlon never.

I'm not having a good at foster just trying to prove a point

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
This. Why you think Sutton went over to Hanlon instead of Forster. Targets our weaklinkAye and Scott Robertson is nae use either :faf: says enough about your opinions.

Leighonel
03-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't know what game you were watching

The one where sutton beat him to most balls in the air.

Wotherspiniesta
03-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Rubbish. The laddie didn't put a foot wrong. Bar one mistake that Motherwell should have scored from Forster was the same.

I thought Sutton won everything that was in the air today. Was able to hold Hanlon off easily and knocked balls down under relatively no pressure. Hanlon resorted to fouling him and got booked. Like I said, I thought Sutton schooled him.

Scooter
03-11-2013, 02:47 PM
The one where sutton beat him to most balls in the air.

Rubbish

Scooter
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
I thought Sutton won everything that was in the air today. Was able to hold Hanlon off easily and knocked balls down under relatively no pressure. Hanlon resorted to fouling him and got booked. Like I said, I thought Sutton schooled him.

Fouled Sutton once??

greenlex
03-11-2013, 02:49 PM
You do know there us more to the position than winning everything in the air? The booking was nonsense by the way. Wasn't even a foul.

God Petrie
03-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Ugh

Scooter
03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
You do know there us more to the position than winning everything in the air? The booking was nonsense by the way. Wasn't even a foul.

:agree::top marks

carnoustiehibee
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
We just need to appreciate players like Hanlon this season, with all the interest from clubs down south for him, itll surely be his last season here and will be plying his trade in the premiership soon enough. We just cant keep our best players !

steviehibsleith
03-11-2013, 03:11 PM
We just need to appreciate players like Hanlon this season, with all the interest from clubs down south for him, itll surely be his last season here and will be plying his trade in the premiership soon enough. We just cant keep our best players !
Are you having a joke ? A sub 6ft weak in the challange Center half heading for the premiership, i have never heard one bit on interest in Hanlon in the last 2 years.

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Are you having a joke ? A sub 6ft weak in the challange Center half heading for the premiership, i have never heard one bit on interest in Hanlon in the last 2 years.I think you missed the sarcasm.

Still it's a good job for you he's here or you wouldnae have much tae post about.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
This. Why you think Sutton went over to Hanlon instead of Forster. Targets our weaklinkYour posts are getting a bit embarrassing. Is Hanlon now the worst to ever play for Hibs?

Leishy1995
03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Are you having a joke ? A sub 6ft weak in the challange Center half heading for the premiership, i have never heard one bit on interest in Hanlon in the last 2 years.

Wasn't Fulham interested in him once upon a time?

Onion
03-11-2013, 03:45 PM

:top marks

Steven_Hibs
03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Aye and Scott Robertson is nae use either :faf: says enough about your opinions.

Yeah. He's influential and has loads of assists. Brings loads to the team :rolleyes:

Steven_Hibs
03-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Still it's a good job for you he's here or you wouldnae have much tae post about.

I'm sure if he was any good, he wouldn't be at Hibs. He'd have been snapped up by now.

Steven_Hibs
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Your posts are getting a bit embarrassing. Is Hanlon now the worst to ever play for Hibs?

You know what's embarrassing? Accepting the gash on offer. I like having my say on these message boards rather than those who mouth off at the games and negatively impact our game. What's embarrassing is the state of our club. Petrie's interview today summed it up, "why are fans moaning we are sitting mid table"

Boyle89
03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
He was SUPERB today! Covering for McGivern every attack it seemed!

Hibby 2005
03-11-2013, 04:04 PM
He was ok, not superb, not terrible, just ok.

Scooter
03-11-2013, 04:20 PM
You know what's embarrassing? Accepting the gash on offer. I like having my say on these message boards rather than those who mouth off at the games and negatively impact our game. What's embarrassing is the state of our club. Petrie's interview today summed it up, "why are fans moaning we are sitting mid table"

now u used quotes there but he never said anything like that.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2013, 04:24 PM
You know what's embarrassing? Accepting the gash on offer. I like having my say on these message boards rather than those who mouth off at the games and negatively impact our game. What's embarrassing is the state of our club. Petrie's interview today summed it up, "why are fans moaning we are sitting mid table"Accepting the ''gash'' on offer is very different to supporting the team when they are winning or losing.

Fergus52
03-11-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm sure if he was any good, he wouldn't be at Hibs. He'd have been snapped up by now.

That's brilliant logic

Brightside
03-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Excellent game yet again. Some fans really have no idea about football or defending.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Excellent game yet again. Some fans really have no idea about football or defending.

I thought he played reasonably well, managed to bring the ball down and go past a player at ease today.

His distribution was sketchy to say the least, and he did win most headers but did lose a few.

I'd say a 7/10 performance from him.

The Utility Man
03-11-2013, 05:09 PM
I feel that Hanlon is the only centre half we have that is in any way quick across the ground, compliments with the hard man attitude that forster brings to the position. For his height Hanlon wins more than his fair share in the air

hihohibby
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Ditto. As long as Hibs have first team regulars such as Hanlon and Stevenson, then workmanlike and average performances will remain the norm. Standards at Easter Road have dipped dramatically to the point where average is now considered good. Our club needs to raise the bar in terms of expectations and quality, both on and off the field.

mentalhibee
03-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Spot on mate.

McKenzie
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
He was SUPERB today! Covering for McGivern every attack it seemed!

This. McGivern had a shocking first half and Hanlon was there every time. Anyone who says Sutton had the better in the air needs to start watching the game more closely.

Stonewall
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Ditto. As long as Hibs have first team regulars such as Hanlon and Stevenson, then workmanlike and average performances will remain the norm. Standards at Easter Road have dipped dramatically to the point where average is now considered good. Our club needs to raise the bar in terms of expectations and quality, both on and off the field.

I don't really understand this. Given that they are two of our better players are you advocating binning almost the whole first team squad then taking a punt on the free transfer market to improve things. Even if your opinion of Hanlon and Stevenson is correct it's the below average players we should be getting rid of and god knows there's plenty of them. The sad fact is that we can't afford genuine quality unless it comes through the youth policy and that has more or less dried up.

Aldo
04-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah. He's influential and has loads of assists. Brings loads to the team :rolleyes:

Easily been our best player this season. Played in the correct position, I am more than certain that SR will score/create goals.

I can't make out if your having a laugh (sarcasm) or being deadly serious

snooky
04-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Hanlon is okay but his weakness is that a light breeze would blow him over.
Poor balance and or/no upper body strength, IMO.

hihohibby
04-11-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't really understand this. Given that they are two of our better players are you advocating binning almost the whole first team squad then taking a punt on the free transfer market to improve things. Even if your opinion of Hanlon and Stevenson is correct it's the below average players we should be getting rid of and god knows there's plenty of them. The sad fact is that we can't afford genuine quality unless it comes through the youth policy and that has more or less dried up.

I agree that the "below average" players should be gotten rid of, preferably asap. If this applies to almost the whole of the current first team, then, yes, bin them! We can then work on getting rid of the "average" players once better quality players come in and make specific positions their own (ie Hanlon's and Stevenson's). I also agree with you that genuine quality is unaffordable, but there is still better quality than Hanlon and Stevenson out there. Hopefully our new manager will unearth them. I appreciate that contract lengths are barrier to getting rid of some of the "below average" players, but I would rather see youth given its chance before some of the current so called "experienced" old heads. If the old heads don't like sitting on the bench, good, then they can put in a transfer request. Hibs will, I'm sure be happy to accommodate them.

Jonnyboy
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Easily been our best player this season. Played in the correct position, I am more than certain that SR will score/create goals.

I can't make out if your having a laugh (sarcasm) or being deadly serious

It's becoming more obvious by the day that none of his posts should be treated as serious :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM

Might as well end it now [Click-Bang!]