PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Spent the night with Paul Carey, Pat Fenlon and Michael O'Neill. My Opinion from it is that Hibs communication to the fans is poor. If we as fans were told some of the things that I was told last night we wouldn't be screaming for Pat's head. We are a hard crowd to please. Unfortunately, some of the things couldn't be made available as it would give our opponents an edge.

The football has been honking and going to games has been a chore at times but I wish him every success, feel he maybe Mixu 2 and he should have been left to finish the job. The players we tried to sign and lost demonstrated how hard a gig it is to be Hibs manager.

A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell so I won't divulge what was said and also expect a tongue lashing for giving him my support.

GGTTH.:flag:

hibs4thecup1988
03-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Wont get a lashing from me but I hate threads like this. Why can't you say exactly?

Pretty Boy
03-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Not trying to be smart but if you aren't going to give any details would it not have made sense just to say nothing at all?

As for being a tough crowd to please, of course we are. Almost all football supporters are, the attempts of a few on here to paint Hibs fans as some kind of uber demanding, unforgiving breed is getting right on my nerves.

offshorehibby
03-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Oh good, another 'i know something's you's don't' thread.

Why post it at all then.

soupy
03-11-2013, 08:13 AM
hibs don't tell us what's happening at easter rd cos it would give our opponents the edge, why then say communication with the fans is a poor cos they don't tell you???

marinello59
03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
I prefer my meaningless hear say served hot from Gregg's ovens.

Andy74
03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Spent the night with Paul Carey, Pat Fenlon and Michael O'Neill. My Opinion from it is that Hibs communication to the fans is poor. If we as fans were told some of the things that I was told last night we wouldn't be screaming for Pat's head. We are a hard crowd to please. Unfortunately, some of the things couldn't be made available as it would give our opponents an edge.

The football has been honking and going to games has been a chore at times but I wish him every success, feel he maybe Mixu 2 and he should have been left to finish the job. The players we tried to sign and lost demonstrated how hard a gig it is to be Hibs manager.

A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell so I won't divulge what was said and also expect a tongue lashing for giving him my support.

Same goes for every club. The public shouldn't know everything that's going on.

Losing out on targets isn't unique to us.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2013, 08:15 AM
You'll get a tongue lashing for posting the dreaded I know things but can't tell you nonsense. Either tell us or don't say anything at all. Pointless otherwise.

Westie1875
03-11-2013, 08:17 AM
In order to give our opponents the edge I assume you are referring to something with the players? The vast majority of that squad was brought in by Fenlon and his job was to manage them, no sympathy if he has recruited players that he can't manage.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2013, 08:18 AM
This thread is a vanity posting. No more or no less.

pacorosssco
03-11-2013, 08:20 AM

Our opponents already have an edge.
Fenlon obviously kissed and told with you so hes not a gentleman
Bad manager blames other people. Shock.

andy1875
03-11-2013, 08:21 AM
These threads are bloody annoying.

Posting on a Hibs supporters forum that you know something but won't tell anyone else.

Oh and if you ask nicely, you still won't tell eh?

Pointless thread.

DC_Hibs
03-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Spent the night with Paul Carey, Pat Fenlon and Michael O'Neill.

A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell

Kinda contradictory dontcha think?
Which one was the best ride?

I'm sure there were things that made life difficult for Pat Fenlon but ultimately he signed 28 players and we still get pumped twice off HoMFC youths this season, beat a scottish record for a European defeat and lost heavily in two cup finals.

We're still left with a squad full of softies, F all creativity and we've watched absolutely dreadful football for most of his tenure.

Thanks for the memories Pat.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Would have thought the club would have a policy on key people being out on the town together ;)

Glad to hear they had an arch-bishop in tow with them just I case things got tasty ;)

Jim44
03-11-2013, 08:31 AM

No mate, just a lashing for being daft enough to post fhis drivel in the first place.

One Day
03-11-2013, 08:32 AM

and the point of this is?

Onceinawhile
03-11-2013, 08:34 AM
I thought this was going to be a could he do a job thread...

marinello59
03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I thought this was going to be a could he do a job thread...

Well he's available so maybe worth considering until the end of the season as a cheap option. :greengrin

Chump
03-11-2013, 08:37 AM

sh*te post - if you're looking for attention buy a dog!!

The Falcon
03-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Does he mean Paul Cairney? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm just home after spending the night with Jennifer Aniston, Michelle Keegan and Archbishop Tutu, but my lips are sealed.

Hibbyradge
03-11-2013, 08:43 AM

lol

Jim44
03-11-2013, 08:45 AM

...... or Jim Carey?

Niffy
03-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Missed out on targets , so are you saying we'd be winning every game if he'd signed every player he wanted ?

So would any team !

PF couldn't organise the players he DID have , he'd have ruined Messi, Rooney etc and we'd still get humped by mediocre teams.

Sorry if you did meat Pat, sound like he just suckered you like he suckered Rod to get the job in the first place.

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=DC_Hibs;3792502]Kinda contradictory dontcha think?

I'm sure there were things that made life difficult for Pat Fenlon but ultimately he signed 28 players and we still get pumped twice off HoMFC youths this season, beat a scottish record for a European defeat and lost heavily in two cup finals.

We're still left with a squad full of softies, F all creativity and we've watched absolutely dreadful football for most of his tenure.

Thanks for the memories Pat.[/QUOT

Aye and I was there for all of them despite working in London.

Discussed at length our inability to fill the right back position which for me ultimately cost him his job. Clancy, Mullen, McGivern, Maybury, Forster and McPake all being injured at the same time meant Lewis was the only option. Ideally, he would had moved Hanlon there but he had no one else to fill in at centre half. McPake is playing at the moment carrying an injury. Jordan Forster is fit for today but that is the first time this season. Maybury is fit too. Aberdeen outbid us for willo flood by someway as an example so we had no where to go. We lost out on 6 forwards this transfer window. Heffernan took a pay cut to play for us. He had nothing but good things to say about Hibs, the players, the board and the supporters. A true gentleman.

O'Neill is not coming to Hibs. About to sign a 2 year extension with NI.

That is the sort of stuff discussed. He was candid, honest and it was a pleasure to be in his company.

Anyway, I am away to bathe in the glory of posting on Hibs net. I am now a legend :-) :thumbsup:

green day
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Radge post, got a mahoosive hangover so cant be bothered giving you a tongue lashing - just +1 on every other post that said you should have stepped away from the keyboard.

greenlex
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm just home after spending the night with Jennifer Aniston, Michelle Keegan and Archbishop Tutu, but my lips are sealed.
If only G. If only"............................ The lips bit like.:greengrin

Mon Dieu4
03-11-2013, 08:48 AM
I was screaming for his head because the football on display was utter pish, Hibs didn't need to put anything in place for that, we just needed set up to try and actually win games

not saying things are rosy behind closed doors but ultimately Fenlons negative playing style and tactics are the reason he is no longer in a job, its not just a case of bad luck and behind the scenes drama

we are also not a hard fans to please, get the ball down and try and play then 90% of the fans are totally supportive and understanding

Hibby 2005
03-11-2013, 08:48 AM

He got to sign a lot of players and most people agree he assembled a pretty good squad - he just didn't know how to use them therefore it's kind of redundant who we missed out on.

Niffy
03-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Your more like the guy off The Fast Show that changes his mind every time he speaks to someone.

green day
03-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Discussed at length our inability to fill the right back position which for me ultimately cost him his job. Clancy, Mullen, McGivern, Maybury, Forster and McPake all being injured at the same time meant Lewis was the only option. Ideally, he would had moved Hanlon there but he had no one else to fill in at centre half. McPake is playing at the moment carrying an injury. Jordan Forster is fit for today but that is the first time this season. Maybury is fit too. Aberdeen outbid us for willo flood by someway as an example so we had no where to go. We lost out on 6 forwards this transfer window. Heffernan took a pay cut to play for us. He had nothing but good things to say about Hibs, the players, the board and the supporters. A true gentleman.

That is the sort of stuff discussed. He was candid, honest and it was a pleasure to be in his company.

Anyway, I am away to bathe in the glory of posting on Hibs net. I am now a legend :-) :thumbsup:

So you have said you 'cant' tell us details then give us very detailed stuff?

So what if heff took a pay cut - I employed someone last week on less money too - because they hated their current employer, and thats pretty much the same situ with heff.

These posts are self defeating.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Hope he wasn't out last night, he's for a game today

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 08:51 AM
lol

Didn't see you in Malmo or Dnipro Dave. Lol

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 08:52 AM
If only G. If only"............................ The lips bit like.:greengrin

I wondered who'd be first? :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2013, 08:54 AM
i bumped into Pat this morning, i honestly can't believe the things he told me about what goes on behind the scenes at ER, but i just can't bring myself to tell everyone, sorry...it's between Pat and i

didn't see this paul carey guy though

Beefster
03-11-2013, 08:55 AM

Hibs should tell us what you're talking about but you can't as it would give our opponents an edge? Logical.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 08:56 AM
i bumped into Pat this morning, i honestly can't believe the things he told me about what goes on behind the scenes at ER, but i just can't bring myself to tell everyone, sorry...it's between Pat and i

I'm just going out for a paper, if i bump into Pat i'm not going to breath a word, promise.

Eyrie
03-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I didn't bump into Rod Petrie yesterday, so I can't reveal what we didn't discuss but I can reassure you it wasn't insightful in any way.

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 08:58 AM
This thread is a vanity posting. No more or no less.

Been on the Hibs.net since day one and posted 75 times. I scored more goals than that for Erin Hibs. Now that is a vanity post. X

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm just going out for a paper, if i bump into Pat i'm not going to breath a word, promise.

well, after what he told me i don't think he will be going anywhere near blackpool...apparently he posts on here but wouldn't disclose his user name :paranoid:

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM
well, after what he told me i don't think he will be going anywhere near blackpool...apparently he posts on here but wouldn't disclose his user name :paranoid:

I think WE ALL know his user name. :greengrin

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM

No danger spent 2 days with you in Malmo and you are one ugly cant :na na:

HibbySpurs
03-11-2013, 09:13 AM

Gee thanks for the (lack of) information. Especially the bit about missing out on players. I don't know how to take that? Are you saying we're missing out on players that would be marquee or are you saying players who are merely spfl are turning us down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 09:21 AM
No danger spent 2 days with you in Malmo and you are one ugly cant :na na:

:greengrin

TRC
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM

take it theirs where as well!

WestEndHibee
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
I prefer my meaningless hear say served hot from Gregg's ovens.

Ahh see I prefer mine to cool before I purchase thus avoiding VAT.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM

met Pat too and what a bloke he is. absolute gent. I'll miss him. hope he succeeds wherever he goes. Wasn't simply Pat to blame for THAT cup final debacle.
GGTTH

hibsbollah
03-11-2013, 09:54 AM

If only Desmond's were too.

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 10:58 AM
met Pat too and what a bloke he is. absolute gent. I'll miss him. hope he succeeds wherever he goes. Wasn't simply Pat to blame for THAT cup final debacle.
GGTTH

Yip he was a gent alright. Waxed lyrical about his players and you can see why they have all backed him on twitter. Tried 5 times to get a photo with him but my phone flash was turned off. Each and every time I asked if he would be so kind as to try again, he did so with a smile.

Interesting thing he said was that he thought all supporters should have free access to hibs tv to see the interviews with him and the players. He felt that communication between the club and the supporters could be improved. This season has been plagued with injuries and he has had to play players our of position. He would have been grateful to have had the full squad available.

Kato
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM

Does your ego feel bigger after that?

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Does your ego feel bigger after that?

Nope. It has always been massive. Do you feel much harder?

Weird posting about Hibs on hibs.net. No wonder I don't post much. Got a lot of tossers giving me a hard time when I posted about O'Connor going to Russia a month before he did.

Away and boil ur heid. :cb

GoldenEagle
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Yip he was a gent alright. Waxed lyrical about his players and you can see why they have all backed him on twitter. Tried 5 times to get a photo with him but my phone flash was turned off. Each and very time I asked if he would be so kind as to try again, he did so with a smile.

Interesting thing he said was that he thought all supporters should have free access to hibs tv to see the interviews with him and the players. He felt that communication between the club and the supporters could be improved. This season has been plagued with injuries and he has had to play players our of position. He would have been grateful to have had the full squad available.

Defensively wasn't the problem though and neither was communication with the fans.

Negativity from Pat both on and did the pitch was though.

Beefster
03-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Yip he was a gent alright. Waxed lyrical about his players and you can see why they have all backed him on twitter. Tried 5 times to get a photo with him but my phone flash was turned off. Each and very time I asked if he would be so kind as to try again, he did so with a smile.

Fenlon's moaning about stuff that isn't an issue IMHO. HibsTV has a YouTube channel that gives large parts of the interviews for free. If Fenlon had something to say, he had plenty of opportunity to say it.

Either way, injuries are something that every team has to deal with. Not everyone has the size or quality of squad that he had though.

Kato
03-11-2013, 11:30 AM

Weird posting about Hibs on hibs.net. No wonder I don't post much. Got a lot of tossers giving me a hard time when I posted about O'Connor going to Russia a month before he did.

Don't feel harder.

Don't care about my, or your, feelings regarding a message board.

Just think some things, think about it, are best left off social media.

You seem chirpy though, and glad of the attention.

Your head is already over-boiled.

keep the faith
03-11-2013, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=DC_Hibs;3792502]Kinda contradictory dontcha think?

Thanks for the memories Pat.[/QUOT

Thanks for sharing mate. I for one was interested to hear this. Ignore some of the personal stuff you are getting for bothering to share and give some insight.

There is just no need

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM

All you've told us is you spent some time in Pats company, pointless really.

Heedersnvolleys
03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
If he was worried about a RB he maybe should nae have brought so many CM and bought a proper one rather than a youth player from our rivals who had only helped out at RB Shen they were short!

Just a thought :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-11-2013, 12:23 PM

I wasnae meant to be going on the bus with Pat that wasnae going to the MK Dons game so I don't know what he wouldnae have told me.

thefifer1959
03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Could it be that Petrie is the one calling the shots, interfering in not just his own work but the managers work as well. if that is the case then surprise, surprise there is not one Hib's supporter who isn't aware of that. But a manager should eb able to tell the so called chairman to go take a hike and do his own job and to leave him/her to do there's. Respect is earned not a must, even though you happen to be the Chair/manager. Hib's fans would have been happier if the manager had said that his hands had been tied or he was told to do this or that. but to keep coming back and saying the same things week in week out is a no no. one thing us Hib's fans are loyal to the club and we would be loyal to a manager who showed us loyalty too. Petrie knows we will no longer stand for the way Hib's are run even thought he keeping the club in the black. so instead of coming on here and saying you got told this or that but cant say what,why in the blue blazes have you come on at all, is it to stir the what we call crap.

The Green Goblin
03-11-2013, 12:37 PM

All supporters DO have free access to all the interviews - on the Hibs app. Many of them are also on youtube.

So his point was....? :cb

Betty Boop
03-11-2013, 12:46 PM

You're like a breath of fresh air ! :greengrin

Chump
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm so delighted you managed to have a night out with Pat and the boys otherwise none of us Hibs fans would have known about the problems of filling a right back slot, injuries and today's line up!!

Do you work for The News of the World and if so can you tap Rod Petrie phone for us all and let us know what he is having for dinner tonight!!

thefifer1959
03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
News of the world defunct now mate. any way who wants to know what Petrie having for Dinner a'la carte doesn't do it for me portions to small.:thumbsup:

I'm so delighted you managed to have a night out with Pat and the boys otherwise none of us Hibs fans would have known about the problems of filling a right back slot, injuries and today's line up!!

Do you work for The News of the World and if so can you tap Rod Petrie phone for us all and let us know what he is having for dinner tonight!!

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Sorry didn't read your post as I was too busy watching Hibs at Firr Park. Back to London tomorrow. Another 600 mile trip watching the cabbage. Sorry too busy having a life to be worrying about what Rod has for his tea. Hope you find out cause I can see how much it means to you.

I'll be delighted if someone can let you know. Each to their own. I can feel your pain.

Hibercelona
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM

What difference would it have made?

Opponents had the edge over us every week anyway. :confused:

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Our opponents already have an edge.
Fenlon obviously kissed and told with you so hes not a gentleman
Bad manager blames other people. Shock.

He blamed no one. He was nothing but complimentary about everyone at ER. He said he loved his time with Hibs but did what he thought was best for the football club.

He is 100% a true gentleman and a class act. I wish him all the best for the future and hope that he and Hibs do well going forward. A really nice guy and it was a pleasure to be in his company.

Salisbury Hibby
03-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Yip he was a gent alright. Waxed lyrical about his players and you can see why they have all backed him on twitter. Tried 5 times to get a photo with him but my phone flash was turned off. Each and every time I asked if he would be so kind as to try again, he did so with a smile.

There is a youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV where these are posted.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 07:36 PM
He blamed no one. He was nothing but complimentary about everyone at ER. He said he loved his time with Hibs but did what he thought was best for the football club.

He is 100% a true gentleman and a class act. I wish him all the best for the future and hope that he and Hibs do well going forward. A really nice guy and it was a pleasure to be in his company.

Bet you wish you hadn't bothered now Mikey :greengrin

S.sct
03-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Take 3 lashes from me dowfty.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Hibbyradge
03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Didn't see you in Malmo or Dnipro Dave. Lol

:wtf:

Hibbyradge
03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Could it be that Petrie is the one calling the shots, interfering in not just his own work but the managers work as well. if that is the case then surprise, surprise there is not one Hib's supporter who isn't aware of that. But a manager should eb able to tell the so called chairman to go take a hike and do his own job and to leave him/her to do there's. Respect is earned not a must, even though you happen to be the Chair/manager. Hib's fans would have been happier if the manager had said that his hands had been tied or he was told to do this or that. but to keep coming back and saying the same things week in week out is a no no. one thing us Hib's fans are loyal to the club and we would be loyal to a manager who showed us loyalty too. Petrie knows we will no longer stand for the way Hib's are run even thought he keeping the club in the black. so instead of coming on here and saying you got told this or that but cant say what,why in the blue blazes have you come on at all, is it to stir the what we call crap.

Hib's? Hib's?

Is it just me?

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Hib's? Hib's?

Is it just me?

Nope, not just you Dave. Very odd indeed

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Nope. It has always been massive.

:hilarious. Quality.

HibbySpurs
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Hib's? Hib's?

Is it just me?

Hahaha, spot the troll winner is Radge....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Hib's? Hib's?

Is it just me?

Not just you - did you spot the "where" instead of "were" earlier as well?

3pm
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
So my 2 questions are :

1. Did Pat have his knives and forks in the right position?

and

2. Why was A74 not invited?!

Hibbyradge
03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Not just you - did you spot the "where" instead of "were" earlier as well?

Geeza break.

I can forgive "were's" and "there's" and "could of's" (just about), but Hib's?

What's a Hib, FFS?

The Voice Of Reason
03-11-2013, 08:28 PM
So my 2 questions are :

and

In answer to 2. - Andy74 IS Pat Fenlon.........do you not know that?!?! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2013, 08:29 PM
So my 2 questions are :

and

How can you invite a road to a night out FFS.

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Geeza break.

I can forgive "were's" and "there's" and "could of's" (just about), but Hib's?

What's a Hib, FFS?

Don't get me started on "could of".

3pm
03-11-2013, 08:30 PM

That's a good yin but I am going to bypass it.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 08:31 PM
That's a good yin but I am going to bypass it.

Nah nah you can't just lay by and let it happen

FranckSuzy
03-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Hib's? Hib's?

Is it just me?

Nope, not just you Dave. Very odd indeed

It was good enough for the fishy site and their babywear range :rolleyes: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 08:50 PM
It was good enough for the fishy site and their babywear range :rolleyes: :greengrin

Ahem

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?273560-what-we-are-all-forgetting&p=3794007&highlight=#post3794007

FranckSuzy
03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Ahem

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?273560-what-we-are-all-forgetting&p=3794007&highlight=#post3794007

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270409-Spelling-of-Hibs-On-The-Fishy-Site-Hib-s-Arrgghh!&highlight=Fishy+Site

:wink: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270409-Spelling-of-Hibs-On-The-Fishy-Site-Hib-s-Arrgghh!&highlight=Fishy+Site

:wink: :greengrin

Ah ken, ah just meant I'd alluded to it already today :greengrin

FranckSuzy
03-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Ah ken, ah just meant I'd alluded to it already today :greengrin

Soz. Must of mizzed i't :agree:

Jonnyboy
03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Sozzled. Must of mizzed i't :agree:

Fixed that for you :wink: :greengrin

3pm
03-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Fixed that for you :wink: :greengrin

hibees 7062
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM

Bet Jennifers were aswell :hyper:

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 09:12 PM
:wtf:

Lol

hibees 7062
03-11-2013, 09:14 PM
...... or Jim Carey?

mariahcarey :drool:

lapsedhibee
03-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Hib's? Hib's?

Is it just me?

Borrowstounness ... Bo'ness

Hibees ... Hib's

Eccentric perhaps, but not necessarily wrong. :wink:

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Another thing that he said that was interesting was that he wished that Billy Brown had never been appointed as his assistant. It wasn't his choice as he was just finding his feet in Scottish football. He also wished he had got rid of him earlier.

You could tell by the emotion in Jimmy Nicoll's voice after today's game that he was still in shock.

I am excited by the prospect of a new manager and hopefully a change in the style of play. I haven't enjoyed watching Hibs for a while but think that he might still have been the man to take us forward. That was not my view on Friday when I first heard the news.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. What is important is getting the best manager we can in place. It won't be Michael O'Neill though.

Hibbyradge
03-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Lol

Capital L.

Tut tut.

Schoolboy mistake.

3pm
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Another thing that he said that was interesting was that he wished that Billy Brown had never been appointed as his assistant. It wasn't his choice as he was just finding his feet in Scottish football. He also wished he had got rid of him earlier.

You could tell by the emotion in Jimmy Nicoll's voice after today's game that he was still in shock.

I am excited by the prospect of a new manager and hopefully a change in the style of play. I haven't enjoyed watching Hibs for a while but think that he might still have been the man to take us forward. That was not my view on Friday when I first heard the news.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. What is important is getting the best manager we can in place. It won't be Michael O'Neill though.

So, it's Petries's doing?!

brog
03-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Like some others I appreciate your post & I'm sure Pat is a gentleman but I honestly doubt his ability to set a team out correctly. We weren't brilliant today, though a tad unlucky not to get something but at least JN had the players set up in the correct positions.

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Like some others I appreciate your post & I'm sure Pat is a gentleman but I honestly doubt his ability to set a team out correctly. We weren't brilliant today, though a tad unlucky not to get something but at least JN had the players set up in the correct positions.

Read my earlier posts. Forster was available for the first time in the league this season. Maybury was also back allowing Stevenson to play on the left side and in midfield. Nothing to do with jimmy Nicoll but the availability of players. Fenlon has had no option for most of the season but to play players out of position due to injury. McPake has been playing for the club injured out of necessity as Nelson, Forster, McGivern etc... have been injured.

He tried to bring in 6 forwards this season and Heffernan last season but failed due to budget constraints. Heffernan took a pay cut to come to Hibs because we couldn't afford him otherwise. Willo Flood went to Aberdeen because we couldn't compete financially with a team £26m in debt.

If the club were able to let the fans know these things we the fans may have been less critical, more understanding and more supportive. Trust me speaking to Fenlon you realise instantly he knows his stuff. Unfortunately we don't know the restraints he is working under and can't make it known as it would weaken our position as it would let our opponents know our weaknesses.

Very interesting discussion and quite enlightening. True gent and wish him all the best.

He kept us up, got us to 2 final but has been really unlucky with injuries which has severally affected the way the team has been set out. Claros wanted to come back, we wanted him back but couldn't get the numbers to work.

Niffy
04-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Read my earlier posts. Forster was available for the first time in the league this season. Maybury was also back allowing Stevenson to play on the left side and in midfield. Nothing to do with jimmy Nicoll but the availability of players. Fenlon has had no option for most of the season but to play players out of position due to injury. McPake has been playing for the club injured out of necessity as Nelson, Forster, McGivern etc... have been injured.

He tried to bring in 6 forwards this season and Heffernan last season but failed due to budget constraints. Heffernan took a pay cut to come to Hibs because we couldn't afford him otherwise. Willo Flood went to Aberdeen because we couldn't compete financially with a team £26m in debt.

If the club were able to let the fans know these things we the fans may have been less critical, more understanding and more supportive. Trust me speaking to Fenlon you realise instantly he knows his stuff. Unfortunately we don't know the restraints he is working under and can't make it known as it would weaken our position as it would let our opponents know our weaknesses.

Very interesting discussion and quite enlightening. True gent and wish him all the best.

He kept us up, got us to 2 final but has been really unlucky with injuries which has severally affected the way the team has been set out. Claros wanted to come back, we wanted him back but couldn't get the numbers to work.

No, so we lost out on Willo Flood. How many SPL teams last season finished above Hibs with tighter budgets ? Nearly all of them as they have managers that make the teams work.

deek
04-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Kinda contradictory dontcha think?

Thanks for the memories Pat.

Legend in your own head :clown:

Saturdays Hero
04-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Pat is a gent & hope he goes onto succeed in whatever he does......but delighted he's gone,the football he had us playing was honking,the majority of his signings are playing worse than before he signed them Robertson,Craig,McGivern,Collins to name a few,if they've improved as players since signing for us we need to get rid of our scouts.

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Capital L.

Tut tut.

Schoolboy mistake.

Well spotted. Pleased for you. I am not a school boy though Dave, I am a Bachelor of Science with a first class honours, with neither the time, nor inclination to appease the grammer police. This forum must drive you nuts?

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Well spotted. Pleased for you. I am not a school boy though Dave, I am a Bachelor of Science with a first class honours, with neither the time, nor inclination to appease the grammer police. This forum must drive you nuts?

lol

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 07:43 AM

People in the know understand :-) 23 goals against the Hearts Real Maroon team in 12 games gave me that nickname.

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 07:47 AM

Or indeed the spelling police. It's another sign of broken Britain, when first class honours graduates can't spell grammar.

J-C
04-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Grammar.

:stirrer: :greengrin

Pretty Boy
04-11-2013, 07:53 AM

For such a gentleman who didn't have a bad word to say about Hibs that's quite a lot of negative stuff that should have stayed confidential you got from Mr Fenlon.

Perhaps his commitment to not kissing and telling isn't as strong as yours.

J-C
04-11-2013, 08:01 AM

Maybe if he'd got us proper cover in certain areas we wouldn't be using others out of position, hence the imbalance in the team.

Maybe a mr niceguy but also an unknown in footballing terms here and in England, possibly the reason we struggled to get players in when needed. Roll back to Mowbray, McLeish, Mixu etc all well known and respected with many contacts in the game.

Good bloke but from semi pro league who was out of his depth, lets move on and get in the right guy this time.

deek
04-11-2013, 08:16 AM
People in the know understand :-) 23 goals against the Hearts Real Maroon team in 12 games gave me that nickname.

I think you have mistaken me for someone that gives a ******.

But you should remember that it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!!

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 08:25 AM

:faf:

You are brightening up a cold Monday morning.

StevieC
04-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Been on the Hibs.net since day one and posted 75 times. I scored more goals than that for Erin Hibs.

Only because I laid them on a plate for you!!

Now give me a call and tell me what was really said .. or I'm phoning Paul's mum and making sure you're not allowed to play with him any more.

StevieC
04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
People in the know understand :-)

I think you'll find it's leg-end :wink:

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I think you have mistaken me for someone that gives a ******.

But you should remember that it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!!

You opinion of me really hurts. I am a fraile wee creature and easily upset, and so care about your opinion of me.

Stop it, or you will have me crying.

Oh aye, Fenlon also said that he had never meet Derek Riordan and knew nothing of his offer to join hibs for free.

This is my last post on this matter and I am away to continue living my sad and lonely life back under the rock from where I came.

Can't say it's been a pleasure. :bye:

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2013, 08:41 AM
You opinion of me really hurts. I am a fraile wee creature and easily upset, and so care about your opinion of me.

Oh aye, Fenlon also said that he had never meet Derek Riordan and knew nothing of his offer to join hibs for free.

This is my last post on this matter and I am away to continue living my sad and lonely life back under the rock from where I came.

Don't go! This thread has been marvelously entertaining!

What did -ahem- "Deek" say back to "Pat?"

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 08:46 AM
I think you'll find it's leg-end :wink:

You phone me Stevie. You know what a tight arse I am :na na:

Don't seem to have your number on my new phone mate.

Have to sign off on this as the day job requires my attention.

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Fraile? Own up this BSc is one of those kiddy on ones like nursing, isn't it?

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
THE BALLAD OF DEEK AND PAT AS TOLD BY MIKEY G

T’was down at ol’ East Mains, said Derek to Pat: “sign me back to me Hibees and don’t be a tw*t.”
Said Patrick to Derek, “sure thing I will Deek, and I’ll sign the Gaz fellah and half of George Street!”

“Oh come on now Pat, don’t be sarcastic, I’m dying to play for the greens something drastic.
I’m banging them in from the ol settee, cans of Stella or goals, it’s the same thing to me.”

“Ah Deek, makes no difference whether Stella or crack, me darling Hibees they just gave me the sack,
I drowned my ol’ sorrows with a glass full or three, then spilled all the beans to me mate, Mikey G.”

StevieC
04-11-2013, 09:00 AM

Ouch.

That's the sort of statement that can only be said from the relative safety of a nameless username on a PC. :greengrin

Nurse: "Ah, Mr Rolls, you're the one that made the comment about the BSc?" :slipper:

FR: :no way: :eek:

StevieC
04-11-2013, 09:05 AM
You phone me Stevie. Don't seem to have your number on my new phone mate.

Thank f@(£ for that! :greengrin

Posh Swanny
04-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Willo Flood went to Aberdeen because we couldn't compete financially with a team £26m in debt.

Is that supposed to be a criticism of the Hibernian recruitment policy?

Bearing in mind we signed Craig and Robertson and are not £26m in debt, I'd say Hibs didn't do too badly on that one.

deek
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM

Obviously reading was not a big part of your degree :faf:

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 09:09 AM

Have you never heard the expression, "one for the road"?

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 09:10 AM

Worse than that it's Quantity Surveying.

Problem is more failing eye sight, and a rather small screen on my phone. Mainly though, it's that I generally don't give a hoot if the spelling is correct on a fans forum, as long as the point is made, to be honest.

Do feel though that I have made a valued contribution to failing Britain.

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Is that supposed to be a criticism of the Hibernian recruitment policy?

Bearing in mind we signed Craig and Robertson and are not £26m in debt, I'd say Hibs didn't do too badly on that one.

Nope, more a criticism of teams continuing to spend money that they don't have. I am 100% behind the clubs policy to live within their means.

My opinion though is irelevant.

deek
04-11-2013, 09:16 AM

Problem is more failing eye sight, and a rather small screen on my phone. Mainly though, it's that I generally don't give a hoot if the spelling is correct on a fans forum, as long as the point is made, to be honest.

Kiddy on right enough, counting bricks for a living.

Treadstone
04-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Discussed at length our inability to fill the right back position which for me ultimately cost him his job. Clancy, Mullen, McGivern, Maybury, Forster and McPake all being injured at the same time meant Lewis was the only option. Ideally, he would had moved Hanlon there but he had no one else to fill in at centre half.

Am I reading this right ? PF wanted Hanlon at right back and the only reason he didn't was injuries elsewhere in the back four prevented it from happening. Absolutely bizarre.

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 09:23 AM

:aok: enjoyable thread.

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=Treadstone;3794591]Am I reading this right ? PF wanted Hanlon at right back and the only reason he didn't was injuries elsewhere in the back four prevented it from happening.

Nope

HarpyHibby
04-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Well thats O'Neil just signed his two year extension as the OP said...

Hibbyradge
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Well thats O'Neil just signed his two year extension as the OP said...

The OP didn't say anything other than Mikey had a lovely night out with Jim Carey's brother and two ex-Hibs employees, one of whom is also called Michael.

That's why folk were taking the mickey out of him. (See what I did there?)

I don't think anyone thought he was telling porkies, but if he'd given us some juicy info like that in the OP, the thread wouldn't have gone the way it did.

The info we got after Mike decided to abandon his "I don't kiss and tell" policy, was interesting and most welcome.

Treadstone
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Discussed at length our inability to fill the right back position which for me ultimately cost him his job. Clancy, Mullen, McGivern, Maybury, Forster and McPake all being injured at the same time meant Lewis was the only option. Ideally, he would had moved Hanlon there but he had no one else to fill in at centre half.

Am I reading this right ? PF wanted Hanlon at right back and the only reason he didn't was injuries elsewhere in the back four prevented it from happening. Absolutely bizarre.

Nope

Can you elaborate on what i seem to have missed ?

brog
04-11-2013, 11:18 AM

You seem to have not realised I was being generally supportive of your posts & so obviously yes I had read them. Unfortunately your comments about PF having to play Stevenson at RB & Forster being unavailable are inaccurate. LS played RB for the first time at Killie, we won & LS made the 2nd goal. The ( supposedly ) unavailable Forster was on the bench that day. You may not have noticed but until Sunday either Mullen or Forster were on the bench for our last 5 games & against RC both Maybury & Forster were on the bench while Lewis was at RB. It was obviously PF's preference to play LS at RB & you stand or fall by these decisions.. As I said I appreciate your posts & the info but Pat is obviously going to spin things his way even if the facts don't fit his argument.
The inability to conclude transfers is also interesting. Again I don't doubt your info but it may be selective. We possibly couldn't compete for Willo Flood because we had already signed about 8 players, one of whom was reputedly the highest fee paid outwith Celtc. Its like having a budget for food, you can buy 2 steaks or a dozen pies & unfortunately Pat bought the pies & mostly mince at that! Sorry, couldn't resist that, I think PS bought some good players but in the case of Craig, Sunday was first time he was played in his preferred position. IIRC the 1st game vs Well, Harris was wide left & Craig was on right!
I continue to think PF is a fine man & I was reasonably supportive but when I heard he was gone my feeling was of great relief. I wish him well in the future.

MikeyG
04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
You seem to have not realised I was being generally supportive of your posts & so obviously yes I had read them. Unfortunately your comments about PF having to play Stevenson at RB & Forster being unavailable are inaccurate. LS played RB for the first time at Killie, we won & LS made the 2nd goal. The ( supposedly ) unavailable Forster was on the bench that day. You may not have noticed but until Sunday either Mullen or Forster were on the bench for our last 5 games & against RC both Maybury & Forster were on the bench while Lewis was at RB. It was obviously PF's preference to play LS at RB & you stand or fall by these decisions.. As I said I appreciate your posts & the info but Pat is obviously going to spin things his way even if the facts don't fit his argument.
The inability to conclude transfers is also interesting. Again I don't doubt your info but it may be selective. We possibly couldn't compete for Willo Flood because we had already signed about 8 players, one of whom was reputedly the highest fee paid outwith Celtc. Its like having a budget for food, you can buy 2 steaks or a dozen pies & unfortunately Pat bought the pies & mostly mince at that! Sorry, couldn't resist that, I think PS bought some good players but in the case of Craig, Sunday was first time he was played in his preferred position. IIRC the 1st game vs Well, Harris was wide left & Craig was on right!
I continue to think PF is a fine man & I was reasonably supportive but when I heard he was gone my feeling was of great relief. I wish him well in the future.

Lunch time :thumbsup:

Forster was available to play in the first team, from the start, for the first time this Sunday according to Pat Fenlon, and based on the advice given to him by the club medical team. He had been on the bench previously, as cover for an injured James McPake, who incidently, shouldn't have played either but for the injury to Nelson. Reading between the lines, they had no intention of playing Forster as he was less fit to play than McPake. This was to avoid any set back to his recovery.

I also questioned Fenlon for taking Heffernan off against Aberdeen. Heffernan requested to come off because he had taken a knock. Makes more sense, as I was mystified at the time, and felt he was changing the team with the derby in mind. Not the case.

James McPake has been slated for the goal against Hearts and being sent off. He was only playing because there was no other option, and he was doing his bit for our team despite not being 100%. With that knowledge, we may have been more forgiving, even if still upset, at the outcome and his part in it.

He took the time to explain decisions that I found questionable, and he was able to provide mitigating circumstances for them. We are all football managers in our own right. But with the knowledge that the manager had, but can't make available, then we would probably have come to a similar outcome. I was extremely grateful to him for his time and honesty.

Pat has gone and Hibs are my only concern. But I now understand a lot more the reason for his team selections, and how unlucky he has been with injuries - McPake, Clancy, Forster, Cairney, Harris, Mayburn, McGivern, Mullen, Nelson etc... the only defender not injured this season has been Paul Hanlon.

The football has been honking at times and by his own admission "we never won any of the big games". That was his words and the main reason why he felt the time was right. i just feel now, that if he had managed to get the team fit, and able for selection, it might have been a different story.

When my son phoned me when I got off the plane on Friday, and told me Fenlon had resigned, I was delighted. Not happy, delighted.

I am not now of the same opinion but look forward to the new appointment, and hope that it is the start of good times. The last few years have been extremely tough and going to the games a chore. So want to get my mojo for Hibs back.

Hope I have not done Pat Fenlon a disservice with my postings of a private conversation. I have made then available as I feel they explain some of the decisions that fans have found questioanable.

Anyway, now need to get back to counting bricks on this £2.5 billion project.

GGTTH

jeffers
04-11-2013, 01:54 PM
My mate was in PF's company over the weekend. This is some of what he told him (or for blackpoolhibs benefit what my mate said he told him :wink:):

He considered resigning after the Malmo game. He wanted to resign after the Aberdeen game but RP talked him out of it. He felt he had lost the dressing room and that the players were no longer listening.

3 of his signings hadn't kicked a ball for him although he believed they were decent players and should have been good signings. I was only told one of the names. No big surprise here but Heffernan was signed on Jimmy Nicholl's recommendation.

He said the board had backed him well, but did say he couldn't understand why we couldn't compete with other SPFL clubs when it came to signing certain players. Again no surprise but Stephen McManus signed for Motherwell over us because he wanted to live in that part of the country. As for Paddy McCourt, ultimately PF just didn't fancy him as a player.

Biggest surprise for me was that he didn't say a bad word about RP. Contrary to popular belief (and I include myself) RP doesn't make every decision. PF felt the board were the issue and everything had to be run past them.

He said Hibs were a great club and were ready for someone new to come in and kick on. He reiterated however what another poster had said about the Hibs fans having unrealistic expectations.

brog
04-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Lunch time :thumbsup:

Forster was available to play in the first team, from the start, for the first time this Sunday according to Pat Fenlon, and based on the advice given to him by the club medical team. He had been on the bench previously, as cover for an injured James McPake, who incidently, shouldn't have played either but for the injury to Nelson. Reading between the lines, they had no intention of playing Forster as he was less fit to play than McPake. This was to avoid any set back to his recovery.

I also questioned Fenlon for taking Heffernan off against Aberdeen. Heffernan requested to come off because he had taken a knock. Makes more sense, as I was mystified at the time, and felt he was changing the team with the derby in mind. Not the case.

James McPake has been slated for the goal against Hearts and being sent off. He was only playing because there was no other option, and he was doing his bit for our team despite not being 100%. With that knowledge, we may have been more forgiving, even if still upset, at the outcome and his part in it.

He took the time to explain decisions that I found questionable, and he was able to provide mitigating circumstances for them. We are all football managers in our own right. But with the knowledge that the manager had, but can't make available, then we would probably have come to a similar outcome. I was extremely grateful to him for his time and honesty.

Pat has gone and Hibs are my only concern. But I now understand a lot more the reason for his team selections, and how unlucky he has been with injuries - McPake, Clancy, Forster, Cairney, Harris, Mayburn, McGivern, Mullen, Nelson etc... the only defender not injured this season has been Paul Hanlon.

The football has been honking at times and by his own admission "we never won any of the big games". That was his words and the main reason why he felt the time was right. i just feel now, that if he had managed to get the team fit, and able for selection, it might have been a different story.

When my son phoned me when I got off the plane on Friday, and told me Fenlon had resigned, I was delighted. Not happy, delighted.

I am not now of the same opinion but look forward to the new appointment, and hope that it is the start of good times. The last few years have been extremely tough and going to the games a chore. So want to get my mojo for Hibs back.

Hope I have not done Pat Fenlon a disservice with my postings of a private conversation. I have made then available as I feel they explain some of the decisions that fans have found questioanable.

Anyway, now need to get back to counting bricks on this £2.5 billion project.

GGTTH

I don't want to drag this on but at one time or another this season, Forster, Maybury or Mullen, in one case 2 of them, were on the bench while Lewis was playing RB. They weren't all unfit on the bench though I respect & agree many of your points above & again I wish PF all the best.
Again, thanks for the info.

HNA2
05-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Can we cut out the personal stuff and keep the thread on track please

deek
05-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Can cut out the personal stuff and keep the thread on track please
Yes Boss!!:agree:

HNA2
05-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Yes Boss!!:agree:

:aok:

MikeyG
05-11-2013, 07:52 AM

The nickname was given to me by Stuart Crowther. Prefer Stevie Carr's Leg-end version though.

Proud to be Erin Hibs top goal scorer, and to have scored 23 goals against their Hearts equivalent.

I used to put my head in where it hurts. Still have that ability but getting slower now to catch the young ones. :na na:

CRAZYHIBBY
05-11-2013, 07:53 AM

Bull****

MikeyG
05-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Obviously reading was not a big part of your degree :faf:

Beg to differ. In order to answer any question one must first have the ability to understand the question.

Fancy meeting to discuss over a beer?

MikeyG
05-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Bull****

Valuable contribution.

Thanks you.

MikeyG
05-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Can we cut out the personal stuff and keep the thread on track please

Just a little more baiting please. Don't like bullies!!!!

The Green Goblin
05-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Or indeed the spelling police. It's another sign of broken Britain, when first class honours graduates can't spell grammar.

:faf:

fatbloke
05-11-2013, 08:02 AM

I heard it was Jim Carrey, Shane Fenton and Ryan O'Neal actually:greengrin

Matty_Jack04
05-11-2013, 08:13 AM
My mate was in PF's company over the weekend. This is some of what he told him (or for blackpoolhibs benefit what my mate said he told him :wink:):

He considered resigning after the Malmo game. He wanted to resign after the Aberdeen game but RP talked him out of it. He felt he had lost the dressing room and that the players were no longer listening.

3 of his signings hadn't kicked a ball for him although he believed they were decent players and should have been good signings. I was only told one of the names. No big surprise here but Heffernan was signed on Jimmy Nicholl's recommendation.

He said the board had backed him well, but did say he couldn't understand why we couldn't compete with other SPFL clubs when it came to signing certain players. Again no surprise but Stephen McManus signed for Motherwell over us because he wanted to live in that part of the country. As for Paddy McCourt, ultimately PF just didn't fancy him as a player.

Biggest surprise for me was that he didn't say a bad word about RP. Contrary to popular belief (and I include myself) RP doesn't make every decision. PF felt the board were the issue and everything had to be run past them.

He said Hibs were a great club and were ready for someone new to come in and kick on. He reiterated however what another poster had said about the Hibs fans having unrealistic expectations.

What are our expectations then? Personally I expect hibs to be in the top 6 every year pushing for a Europa place and great if we get it, good cup run a bonus also. That's it is that expecting too much from a team the size of hibs compared to the rest in the league? Expectation rises when say Celtic get papped out the league cup, as it does with every other club left in the comp as it's anyone's after that, reaching the top 6 should have been easier without rangers in the league and definatley so without a strong hearts in there also, I don't believe we have unrealistic expectations I think the board are happy to trot on if we're safe in the league when there's no reason why we shouldn't be fighting it out for that 2nd spot whilst we have the chance, instead we're watching Motherwell,ICT,Aberdeen go for it, 2 out of 3 on a massively smaller playing budget and fan base than us, it's lack of ambition at boardroom level that's the problem not fan expectations

DanHFC1875
05-11-2013, 08:21 AM
A completely pointless thread, what a load of garbage.
:top marksfor PISH

southsider
05-11-2013, 08:35 AM
What do Hibs fans expect from our team ? At the moment without The rangers or The hertz, minimum top 4. Play some decent football, score goals and win games especially at home. Is that really too much to expect ? There may hane to be wholescale changes in the squad to achieve this however. But, i have faith that TB can do it.

HNA2
05-11-2013, 08:39 AM
A completely pointless thread, what a load of garbage.
:top marksfor PISH

Correct. Thread now closed