PDA

View Full Version : Rob MacLean's summary of Fenlon's demise

Keith_M
02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
OK, this is for all those who think it was just some moaning, hard to please Hibs fans that thought it was time for Fenlon to go.

Read THIS (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24766252)

Extracts.....

"That's the biggest condemnation of Hibs' performance. They went down in the derby, having started so well, with barely a whimper.
And they were playing a team which, apart from a couple of penalty shootout victories, hadn't won a game since August.

A team fifteen points adrift at the foot of the Scottish Premiership and including only three players over the age of 21.

Of the three matches Hearts have won inside 90 minutes this season, two of them have come against their capital rivals.

A double derby letdown on the back of their European embarrassment against Malmo confirmed for the Hibs supporters that Fenlon's time was up."

"What happened next was inevitable; Pat Fenlon jumped before he was pushed. His two years in charge have taken Hibs down the road to nowhere."

erskine-hibby
02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
OK, this is for all those who think it was just some moaning, hard to please Hibs fans that thought it was time for Fenlon to go.

Extracts.....

"That's the biggest condemnation of Hibs' performance. They went down in the derby, having started so well, with barely a whimper.
And they were playing a team which, apart from a couple of penalty shootout victories, hadn't won a game since August.

A team fifteen points adrift at the foot of the Scottish Premiership and including only three players over the age of 21.

Of the three matches Hearts have won inside 90 minutes this season, two of them have come against their capital rivals.

A double derby letdown on the back of their European embarrassment against Malmo confirmed for the Hibs supporters that Fenlon's time was up."

"What happened next was inevitable; Pat Fenlon jumped before he was pushed. His two years in charge have taken Hibs down the road to nowhere."

Sounds about right.

weonlywon6-2
02-11-2013, 04:57 PM
You cant disagree with what he is saying

hibsbollah
02-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Rob Maclean? The anodyne anchor from Sportscene? Seriously? Who cares?

greenlex
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Extracts.....

"What happened next was inevitable; Pat Fenlon jumped before he was pushed. His two years in charge have taken Hibs down the road to nowhere."You would think we were bottom of the pile. A result against Aberdeen and a win on Wednesday and he wouldnt have had anything to write. The only club on a road to nowhere are Hearts. Write the truth about that McLean instead of talking *****.

BoltonHibee
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Road to nowhere, spot on

Viva_Palmeiras
02-11-2013, 05:02 PM

Extracts.....

Thankfully the boy can write - saves listening to his dull monotone dronings.

Godsahibby
02-11-2013, 05:04 PM

Obviously you do as well if you took interest in reading the thread!

NAE NOOKIE
02-11-2013, 05:06 PM

The truth is the truth no matter what the source. He summed it up pretty well as far as I can see.

Andy74
02-11-2013, 05:09 PM
He's summed up the Hearts game alright. No real analysis or insight on anything else to reach his last conclusion.

hibsbollah
02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
The truth is the truth no matter what the source. He summed it up pretty well as far as I can see.

If Maclean or anyone from the BBC Scotland crowd get something right its an accident. From the very first day of Fenlons appointment theyve had an agenda, i remember the sportsound when he was appointed, they were all outraged that one of their old boys network hadnt got the job. Ive got no interest in what theyve got to say.

Dashing Bob S
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Yes, it holds all the interest of a No 22 bus driver telling a pass-wielding wifie that he's planning to do his Christmas shopping earlier this year.

Peevemor
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
If Maclean or anyone from the BBC Scotland crowd get something right its an accident. From the very first day of Fenlons appointment theyve had an agenda, i remember the sportsound when he was appointed, they were all outraged that one of their old boys network hadnt got the job. Ive got no interest in what theyve got to say.

Exactly.

erskine-hibby
02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
He's summed up the Hearts game alright. No real analysis or insight on anything else to reach his last conclusion.

So how far did we come under Fenlon then?
Think he got it spot on under Fenlon we were on the road to nowhere... even Fenlon thought so that's why he left.

grunt
02-11-2013, 05:29 PM
If Maclean or anyone from the BBC Scotland crowd get something right its an accident. From the very first day of Fenlons appointment theyve had an agenda, i remember the sportsound when he was appointed, they were all outraged that one of their old boys network hadnt got the job. Ive got no interest in what theyve got to say.I agree with this. Sportsound and the whole BBC Scotland football crew is just a big old pals act. Look at who they've been suggesting as replacements - all their old friends who are currently out of work. It's sickening that a national broadcaster is such a joke when it comes to football.

hhibs
02-11-2013, 05:34 PM
I agree with this. Sportsound and the whole BBC Scotland football crew is just a big old pals act. Look at who they've been suggesting as replacements - all their old friends who are currently out of work. It's sickening that a national broadcaster is such a joke when it comes to football.

Not just football.

greenlex
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Think he got it spot on under Fenlon we were on the road to nowhere... even Fenlon thought so that's why he left.Strange I thought he said he left the club in a better state than when he took over. He thought someone else might make a better job of moving it forward and thats why he left? Did I misenterpet his interview?

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Think he got it spot on under Fenlon we were on the road to nowhere... even Fenlon thought so that's why he left.

You know its quite funny, but the only thing Andy thinks Fenlon has done wrong was resign. :greengrin

erskine-hibby
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Strange I thought he said he left the club in a better state than when he took over. He thought someone else might make a better job of moving it forward and thats why he left? Did I misenterpet his interview?

Well he will say that but he still thinks that any progress the club has made under him (minimal at best) he couldn't take it further.

greenlex
02-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Well he will say that but he still thinks that any progress the club has made under him (minimal at best) he couldn't take it further. Yes but nowhere?

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM

Calling Rob McLean an anchor is close.

erskine-hibby
02-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Yes but nowhere?

I certainly believe we were going nowhere under Fenlon as did many others.

heretoday
02-11-2013, 06:03 PM
I struggled to stay awake reading it!

Cropley10
02-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Strange I thought he said he left the club in a better state than when he took over. He thought someone else might make a better job of moving it forward and thats why he left? Did I misenterpet his interview?

Leaving the Club in a better state than when he came in (it was on its backside) but not being able to improve things further (witnessed by the mind numbing football, complete absence of goals and the more than occasional shambles) are not mutually exclusive. He took us from zero to one place further but couldn't get to step two.

We were clearly on the road to nowheresville.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

greenlex
02-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Leaving the Club in a better state than when he came in (it was on its backside) but not being able to improve things further (witnessed by the mind numbing football, complete absence of goals and the more than occasional shambles) are not mutually exclusive. He took us from zero to one place further but couldn't get to step two.

We were clearly on the road to nowheresville.

All in my humble opinion, of course.
And mine. The squad is far better. There seems to be better ethic at East mains too. Hopefully we get lucky with the next a appointment because that's all it is. Luck.