PDA

View Full Version : team for sunday

SkintHibby
30-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Thoughts?

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Thoughts?Yes, i think i'll dig my ol' boots out!

Craig_in_Prague
30-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Let the new manager decide?

Speedway
30-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Who cares?

hibee_girl
30-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Is McPake banned for it or does it just count in the cup?

Steve20
30-10-2013, 09:02 PM
With Fenlon as manager, we'll lose anyway so who gives a ****.

mcculloch1875
30-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Forster and caldwell to start!

Scooter
30-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Who cares?

Was abt to post the same thing

Heisenberg
30-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I currently couldn't care less tbh.

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Who cares. Gonnae plan something with my girls now. Not even bothered after that.

California-Hibs
30-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Forster and caldwell to start!

Caldwell is absolute PISH!!! The sooner hibs fans get this into their skulls the better!

Onceinawhile
30-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Id keep in williams, McGivern, stevenson and robertson from those who played tonight. The other 7 can come from somewhere else.

I'm fed up of soft as ***** hanlon and mcpake can gtf. So I'd start forster and mcgivern in the centre, lewis at left back and whoever is the right back for the u20s Can play there.

up front, who cares? They wont see the ball anyway

scuttle
30-10-2013, 09:14 PM
How about they eleven traffic cones mentioned on another thread

Judas Iscariot
31-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Williams

Mullen/Maybury Forster Hanlon McGivern

Zoubir Robertson Thomson Craig

Caldwell Heffernen

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 08:30 AM
All the names in a hat, pick out 11 at random and they still won't be able to take a decent throw in or corner.

KingFranck
31-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Cancel the Under20s match and play that team instead. I have enjoyed watching them play way more than those overpaid first team players (Lewis Stevenson and Scott Robertson excepted they could maybe make the bench)

KingFranck
31-10-2013, 11:59 AM
or play the guys and girls that were on at half time last night they couldn't be any worse :flag:

Makaveli
31-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Probably won't even bother watching if he's still here, but might as well pick a team.

Williams

Maybury
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson

Zoubir
Robertson
Taiwo/Thomson
Craig
Cairney

Heffernan

Mental as it sounds right now, I still think we have the making of a good side. =/

calumhibee1
31-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Williams

Forster Hanlon McGivern Stevenson

Robertson Thomson Craig Cairney

Heffernan & Handling

I'd be tempted to bring Cummings from the under 20s into the squad ahead of either Vine or Collins and one of them can miss out completely. Don't give a **** what one it is.

DaveF
31-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Forster for McPake, Heffernan for Collins and a bag of cement to replace Vine.

Otherwise, same again.

hibbeedavid
31-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Williams

Maybury Hanlon McGivern Stevenson

Taiwo

Robertson Thomson Tudor-Jones Craig

Heffernan

Murdoch
Vine
Handling
Caldwell
Forster
Collins
Cairney

This is how I can see us lining up if Pat is still in charge, I think he will go very defensive (even more so than usual) as he will be desperate to avoid a defeat, I think Pat will see a draw as a huge success

SlickShoes
31-10-2013, 12:51 PM
If Pat is still here, we will play terrible no matter what the team is, we will win 1-0 and he will keep hanging on to his job.

duffers
31-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Williams

Forster McGivern Hanlon Stevenson

Thomson

Handling Robertson Craig

Heffernan Collins

Obviously that is not going to happen, but i quite like it.

ballengeich
31-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Is McPake banned for it or does it just count in the cup?

As the red card was for violent conduct I think he'll be banned for Sunday.

If it had been two yellows it would just have counted for the cup.

J-C
31-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Simply play the U20's

Paisley Hibby
31-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Caldwell is absolute PISH!!! The sooner hibs fans get this into their skulls the better!

Couldn't agree more!! He was absolutely hopeless last night. He was so bad I was wishing Collins had stayed on instead.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Thoughts?

Sky sports 12:30.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2013, 01:46 PM
As the red card was for violent conduct I think he'll be banned for Sunday.

If it had been two yellows it would just have counted for the cup.

Good

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 02:00 PM
The Manager obviously hasn't a clue what his best starting line up is so what chance do we have?

I still care but disillusionment kicked in a long time ago.

AlbertK86
31-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Williams

Maybury (if not fit OTJ)
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Handling
Thomson
Robertson
Cairney

Cummings
Heffernan

Subs

Murdoch
OTJ
Taiwo
Horribine
Stanton (if fit)
Caldwell
Collins

J-C
31-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Williams

Maybury (if not fit OTJ) is even slower tha Maybury, he'd get torn to shreads.
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Handling ​he's a striker
Thomson
Robertson
Cairney

Cummings
Heffernan

Subs

Murdoch
OTJ
Taiwo
Horribine
Stanton (if fit)
Caldwell
Collins

Jones28
31-10-2013, 02:29 PM

Your consistent Caldwell bashing is boring and unfair. What has he done to warrant all this abuse you're giving him? I'll tell what he's done more than any other player has done out there, score a winning goal against Hearts at Tynecastle.

Jones28
31-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Williams
Mullen Forster Hanlon Mcgivern
Robertson Thomson Craig
Zoubir
Heffernan Caldwell

Because why the **** not?

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Lets start by playing players in their correct positions.

Williams

No idea? Forster (huge risk) Hanlon McGivern

Handling (desperate for pace) Robertson (best player in best position) Thomson Craig

Zoubir
Heffernan

Christ knows what we do at RB, Mullen was released by hearts which doesn't bode well. Stevenson is bad in his best position so why play him out of position baffles me.
**** knows why Cairney isnt getting a look in again. How far away are Clancy or Harris. Last i heard Clancy had come through 90 minutes? I assume he broke down again.

GavinHarris 10
31-10-2013, 02:48 PM

Give the laddie a chance! Do you expect him to be a world beater after 18 appearances at senior level? He's still young and learning his trade plus he hasn't had any run in the team! Most of his appearances coming from the bench! How about encourage the guy instead of getting on his back. IMO the reason so many young players can't get a foothold in the game is because of negativity from supporters and clubs who want instant success instead of building these guys up!

J-C
31-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Lets start by playing players in their correct positions.

Williams

No idea? Forster (huge risk) Hanlon McGivern

Handling (desperate for pace) Robertson (best player in best position) Thomson Craig

Zoubir
Heffernan

Christ knows what we do at RB, Mullen was released by hearts which doesn't bode well. Stevenson is bad in his best position so why play him out of position baffles me.
**** knows why Cairney isnt getting a look in again. How far away are Clancy or Harris. Last i heard Clancy had come through 90 minutes? I assume he broke down again.

Or Play Forster at RB where he's played before and put Stevenson in at LB, leaving Hanlon and McGivern to play CB's, where they did quite well for us last season.

Leighonel
31-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Zoubir/Handling
Heffdawg
Cairney/caldwell

flash
31-10-2013, 02:53 PM
With Fenlon as manager, we'll lose anyway so who gives a ****.

Why aren't we on zero points then?

I want him to go but some of the crap spouted on here beggars belief.

Liams
31-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Ben

Blondie
Hanlon
Foster
Maybury

Stevenson
Robertson
Thomo
Zoubie

Craig

Heff

neil7908
31-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Dont think it matters that much unless we see a change of manager and some how conjure up a couple of players with some pace, flair and creativity.

I'd be going with a team set out to attack and take the game to the opposition:

Williams

Stevenson Forster Hanlon McGivern

Handling Robertson Craig Zoubir

Heffernan Collins

I don't watch a lot of the under-20s but if there are any decent youngsters I'd be getting them promoted and giving them some game time.

Bishop Hibee
31-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Williams

Forster Mcgivern Hanlon Stevenson

Handling Thomson Robertson Craig

Heffernan Caldwell

This is assuming Forster has played RB as reported and Maybury isn't fit. I'd give Caldwell a run as Vine and Collins are dire.

fife hfc
31-10-2013, 06:35 PM
We desperately require width as at the moment we use central midfielders as wide men and it does not work meaning when we try to build attacks it has to be through the middle of the pitch. Cairney at least plays like a wide player and Zoubir should also be in. Robbo and Craig (even after his miss) have been our best midfielders so Thommo would be dropped. At the back I would have Maybury at right back if fit and hanlon and Mcgivern in the middle with Stevenson at left back. Upfront I would play Heff and Collins (hoping that Heff can bring the best out of him). this team I feel would be better attacking so no way would fenlon ever pick it and he'll stick with his negative formation hoping for a draw.

....................Williams...................... ...
maybury....hanlon...Mcgivern.....Stevenson
Zoubir....Robertson...Craig.........Cairney
...............Heffernan.....Collins.............. .

Subs - Murdoch, Foster, Mullen, Thomson, jones, Caldwell, Handling

AlbertK86
31-10-2013, 08:15 PM

I am well aware that he favours the striker role but he was playing well for us out wide before he got injured

AlbertK86
31-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Or Play Forster at RB where he's played before and put Stevenson in at LB, leaving Hanlon and McGivern to play CB's, where they did quite well for us last season.

Forster's a CH !!!

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Keep plugging away. Your message might just get through :rolleyes:

R'Albin
31-10-2013, 10:17 PM

Okay.

Where's Maybury? Out of all the right backs I've seen play this season he was quite comfortably the strongest.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Williams

McGivern
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Craig
Robertson
Thomson
Taiwo

Heffernan
Collins

SUBS

Murdoch
Maybury
Mullen
Tudur Jones
Handling
Zoubir
Caldwell

Boyle89
31-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Williams
Maybury hanlon McGivern stevenson
Zoubir Robertson Thomson cairney/handling
Craig
Heff

Hermit Crab
01-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Williams
Maybury hanlon McGivern stevenson
Zoubir Robertson Thomson cairney/handling
Craig
Heff

I know we really are pish and need a win but I don't think Motherwell would be happy with us having a starting 12. ;)

Pretty Boy
01-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
Forster
McGivern

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Handling
Heffernan

flash
01-11-2013, 08:36 AM
i want to not care but i can't.

Williams

Maybury or Under 20 right back
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Zoubir
Heffernan
Cairney.

Tyler Durden
01-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Whilst Fenlon remains these threads seem pointless to me. Personnel changes don't matter a jot when we've no game plan or ability to pass through the team.

OTJ or Taiwo - we know one of them will play but does it matter which one?

Stevenson still being hung out to dry at RB, an absolute farce.

For me it's important that Collins plays and is given some time to find form. He certainly doesn't hide and despite some poor recent performances he deserves support IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Id keep in williams, McGivern, stevenson and robertson from those who played tonight. The other 7 can come from somewhere else.

I'm fed up of soft as ***** hanlon and mcpake can gtf. So I'd start forster and mcgivern in the centre, lewis at left back and whoever is the right back for the u20s Can play there.

up front, who cares? They wont see the ball anyway

This is why I came onto this thread to post. I would take McGivern at CH before any of the current choices and why not try him with Forster. Lewis at LB until we can find a LB who can actually beat a man to the byline. Chuck a kid in at RB and see how it goes .. after all given that a lot of folk have decided to give this one a miss what better time to experiment.

Sod it .... Cairney, Robertson, Craig & goodness knows who at left mid ... pick anybody FFS

Collins & the blameless Heffernan up front. .. Oh how I wish he hadnt been cup tied.

Instruct them to kick the ball in a forward direction on the ground and see how it goes. Which excludes Kevin Sideways Thomson from the team obviously.

ekhibee
01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
All the names in a hat, pick out 11 at random and they still won't be able to take a decent throw in or corner.

So true. I've never seen a team that are so poor at throw-ins. I would reckon at least 90% of the time it doesn't even get to a Hibs player. On a similar note, the worst player I ever saw for throw-ins was Mjallby of Celtic. Every throw-in he took was a foul throw but he never got penalised for it.

Hibeesmad
02-11-2013, 01:27 AM
It will be interesting to see what team Nicholl picks, will he go for the team Pat has been playing recently, such as stevenson right back etc or will he change it completely.

I'd go with this:

Williams

Maybury
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson

Zoubir
Thomson
Robertson
Craig (if hes not suspended)

Heffernan
Collins

Nevi_SOL
02-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Williams

stevenson
hanlon
forster
mcgivern

Robertson
Thomson

zoubir
handling

heffernan
Cummings

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Zoubir

Craig

Heffernan
Collins

number9dream
02-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Jimmy Nic might be tempted to get the boots back on and fill our right-back problem.

silverhibee
02-11-2013, 12:57 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24690399

McPake out, Heff back in is a big boost, how does JN line up the back four tomorrow, will we see big changes from him to the team that played on Wednesday.?

erin-go-bragh87
02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Is it on TV?

Aldo
02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Is it on TV?

Yip bt sport

Keith_M
02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
You know, he MIGHT just line up the team exactly the same way as Pat did. If so, I think it's fair enough as he's the manager for the day.

greenlex
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Forster for McPake and Heff for Vine. Same line up as Wednesday for me.

silverhibee
02-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Forster for McPake and Heff for Vine. Same line up as Wednesday for me.

Just my opinion but i wouldn't start Collins, give Caldwell a chance from KO.

lucky
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Just my opinion but i wouldn't start Collins, give Caldwell a chance from KO.

Not for me Caldwell has worse control than Collins and that's saying something. RC is never premiere league player. Will struggle in the lower leagues after his release from Hibs.

trev the hat
02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Williams

Maybury RB
Hanlon
Mgivern
Stevenson LB

Robertson
Thomson
Craig
Cairney

Heffernan
Caldwell

Subs -
Murdoch
Mullen
OTJ
Taiwo
Handling

erin go bragh
02-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Williams

Maybury Forster Hanlon Mcgivern
jones
Robertson thomson Craig
Collins Heffernan

Ggtth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Handling
Heffernan
Zoubir

pontius pilate
02-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Williams
Maybury. Hanlon. Foster. Mcgivern.

Thomson. Tudor-jones.

Zoubir. Craig. Stevenson.

Heff.

Subs
Murdoch
Robertson
Neilson
Cairney ( if fit)
Handling ( if Cairney isn't fit)
Cummings

I'd like Lewis to play in his more natural position for a few games then just maybe with the security of Mcgivern behind him they can interlope with each other. We may actually see the best of Lewis just my opinion mind.

I may have to lay off the champ manager

IanM
03-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Surprised Collins hasn't even made the bench in some teams.. I think with Heff back in Collins at least has someone to work off..

rennie_hfc
03-11-2013, 05:56 AM
----------------Williams
Maybury--Forster--Hanlon--McGivern
---------Robertson--Thomson
Zoubir---------Craig--------Cairney
--------------Heffernan

J-C
03-11-2013, 07:08 AM
----------------Williams
Maybury--Forster--Hanlon--McGivern
---------Robertson--Thomson
Zoubir---------Craig--------Cairney
--------------Heffernan

If they're all fit, that's a no bad team, I'd swap Hanlon for McGivern and play Stevenson at LB, I personally think Hanlon needs a wee rest from the exposure, sitting on the bench may actually help him.
Having Robertson in the middle beside Thomson will give us the energy and speed needed in the middle of the park.

spike220
03-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Surprised Collins hasn't even made the bench in some teams.. I think with Heff back in Collins at least has someone to work off..
Collins has a lot to prove, if he scores a hat trick today (one must be an overhead bicycle kick from at least 42 yards out) and we win the game then he will be on road to redemption imho.

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Not for me Caldwell has worse control than Collins and that's saying something. RC is never premiere league player. Will struggle in the lower leagues after his release from Hibs.

I agree mate...caldwell is murder...he runs about like a headless chicken

Hermit Crab
03-11-2013, 07:54 AM

He gets caught offside far too often also.

LancsHibs
03-11-2013, 07:55 AM
:agree:Apart from a cracking goal against them at the end of last season, I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he can be a 1st team regular. Think the lad would benefit from a loan spell which for me would be make or break for him as far as his future career at Hibs is concerned.

LancsHibs
03-11-2013, 08:00 AM
The team selection he makes and the way we play today will be a good indication as to how culpable Nicholl was for the season so far...