PDA

View Full Version : Video link to Pat interview?

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 09:32 PM
I can't seem to find a link to his interview online. Anyone know of one?

Jonnyboy
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJJjctHH6I&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJJjctHH6I&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

Thanks.

Fergus52
01-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Is the longer one on hibs tv worth watching?

SaulGoodman
01-11-2013, 10:30 PM

I feel bad now :no way:

Hope Pat does well at his next club, shame it didn't work out.

hibbydog
01-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Speaks very well. A real gent.

Looks relieved and a lot less stressed. A bit like when sauzee went.

He's a good lad is pat.

Leishy1995
01-11-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm glad he's so open. It feels good hearing him say he has a love for the club and he was proud to even be hired.

Hibtastic
02-11-2013, 12:24 AM
He is right though - there is far too much negativity aimed at the club.

Good luck Pat.

Shields Hibee
02-11-2013, 12:36 AM
I liked him as a person, always came over genuine and caring about the club plus the fans. I suppose the gulf between LOI and SPL got him in the end; Pat did say not so long ago that he would go if the timing was right and we all knew after Weds night, his departure wasn't far off. I always wanted Pat to succeed if he could but sadly, it's not worked out for him.

I hope Pat gets a job back home soon as he does have a good record back in Ireland. Would be nice to see him come back to watch us at Easter Road, not often you hear managers say it was pleasure being at a club and an honour to be hired as getting the chance to go into a full time football club management role is an achievement when you consider the LOI set up.

IberianHibernian
02-11-2013, 12:55 AM
I liked him as a person, always came over genuine and caring about the club plus the fans. I suppose the gulf between LOI and SPL got him in the end; Pat did say not so long ago that he would go if the timing was right and we all knew after Weds night, his departure wasn't far off. I always wanted Pat to succeed if he could but sadly, it's not worked out for him.

I hope Pat gets a job back home soon as he does have a good record back in Ireland. Would be nice to see him come back to watch us at Easter Road, not often you hear managers say it was pleasure being at a club and an honour to be hired as getting the chance to go into a full time football club management role is an achievement when you consider the LOI set up.What gulf between LOI and SPL ( or whetever it`s called now ) ? Apart from Celtic ( and maybe Rangers a few years ago and I say maybe because they also lost in Malmo and Lithuania etc )results of SPL clubs in Europe in last 10 - 15 years have probably been as bad or worse than those of LOI clubs . His interview was great but that doesn`t mean he isn`t ambitious and I`m sure he`s already planning how to run his next club and I`m sure he`d find comments about visiting ER humiliating or insulting .

Nevi_SOL
02-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Brilliant man, just not upto the attractive football we crave.

basehibby
02-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Hats off to Pat - that was a dignified and respectful interview. He's certainly right that he's left the club in better shape than he found it and he can hold his head high about that.

Good luck to him wherever he goes. :aok::flag:

Libby Hibby
02-11-2013, 06:29 AM
I feel like greeting!!!

What an open, honest and truthful interview. The abuse that he has taken and obviously he has heard himself has not soured his thoughts on what his experience with being manager of Hibs is all about.

I agree 100% with what Pat said in his farewell interview, it really is a shame it didn't work out for him as he seems a really likeable guy.

Pat, you've turned my club around from the shambles in which you found it. Hopefully the next man can take on further what you started to build.

All the best Pat, you are welcome back at ER anytime. Not as manager but as a friend of the club.