PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kane

silverhibee
01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Seen him being interviewed on STV news and he is off the impression that the board shouldn't have anything to do with bringing in the new manager after there past failures, he said something like that STF should be making changes at the top of the club.

Can't find the link for it.

ginger_rice
01-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Seen him being interviewed on STV news and he is off the impression that the board shouldn't have anything to do with bringing in the new manager after there past failures, he said something like that STF should be making changes at the top of the club.

Had a chat with Kano and Jackie MacNamara in the 4 in hand after a game last season and they were both saying the same at then.

Thecat23
01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
100% spot on as well. Not usually a big fan of Kane when quoted in the media but this I can't argue with. 8 managers in 11 years tells it's own story.

Onceinawhile
01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
He spoke fairly sensibly and made a good point. 9 managers in 11 years is nonsense.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Can't find the link for it.Bang on Kano :aok:

Rossco1875
01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
100% agree the board should appoint a panel of highly experienced football brains to find a new manager.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM
He got down to Easter Road pretty fast, I find him always sticking the foot in when things aren't going well at Easter Road a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 06:59 PM
100% agree the board should appoint a panel of highly experienced football brains to find a new manager.He'd probably have potter on the panel

Wheat Hound
01-11-2013, 06:59 PM
He got down to Easter Road pretty fast, I find him always sticking the foot in when things aren't going well at Easter Road a bit embarrassing to be honest.
eh, he works in Easter Road

Rossco1875
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
He'd probably have potter on the panel

Wouldn't take directions of that c*** never mind recommendations. Maybe people like Gordon Strachan, Pat Stanton could head a panel.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Anyone else spot that yam **** giving it the 5-1 sign while he was being interviewed? he seemed to come out the front door at ER :confused:

Hope someone nails him!

weonlywon6-2
01-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah saw it,just laughed

tamig
01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah saw it,just laughed

Kano is the Hibs version of old Foulkes. He gets wheeled out for some "expert" analysis on the latest crisis. Comedy value only imo and not to be taken too seriously. Runs a decent boozer though.

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2013, 08:28 PM

Kano was spot on with what he said.......He would have been asked to comment by the media, nothing embarrassing about it at all......

weonlywon6-2
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah saw it,just laughed

147lothian
01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Kano, is spot on! He is a Hibs man through and through, and he also has an insight into the behind the scenes going on at Easter Road

Pretty Boy
01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Kano is a good lad and as passionate a Hibby as anyone.

Find it hard to disagree with a lot of what he says.

Hiber-nation
01-11-2013, 08:44 PM

Exactly, he was spot on tonight, can't believe people are basically taking the pish out of him. Far better than listening to some bland pish by someone who hasn't a scooby and doesn't give a monkey's about Hibs.

trev the hat
01-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Bottom line is Kano can do the square root of f--k all about Hibs managerial position so his opinion is the exact same as the 100 or so Hibees I've spoken to I the last 48hr. Good hibee but pinch of salt 4 me.

erin go bragh
01-11-2013, 09:48 PM

Yes PB , one of us but he lived the dream . The guy was first class with fans when we played the Hibs Legends at Ian Murrays testimonial , taking us into the Legends dressing room to meet them all , top bloke .

Ggtth

judas
03-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Had a chat with Kano and Jackie MacNamara in the 4 in hand after a game last season and they were both saying the same at then.

Publican McNamara, probably THE worst appointment of a person into a football management role in the history of the club.

Then there's Kano.

Ultimately, good servants to Hibs as players. But nothing more than punters, dubiously qualified to make a critical assessment of the clubs structure.

Jack
03-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Paul Kane loves Hibs and like many on here is concerned by the way we are underachieving and being run.

I don't always agree with what he says but IMO his opinions are worth listening to.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Paul Kane loves Hibs and like many on here is concerned by the way we are underachieving and being run.

I don't always agree with what he says but IMO his opinions are worth listening to.

Sums it up nicely.

Iggy Pope
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Publican McNamara, probably THE worst appointment of a person into a football management role in the history of the club.

Then there's Kano.

Ultimately, good servants to Hibs as players. But nothing more than punters, dubiously qualified to make a critical assessment of the clubs structure.

Perhaps better qualified than the relentless barrage of pundits on here though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I was in the 4 in Hand this afternoon watching the game. Kano wasn't in. I have nothing to add to this thread

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Kano

Kano

Kano

that is all :)

judas
03-11-2013, 07:36 PM
[/B]

Perhaps better qualified than the relentless barrage of pundits on here though.

Maybe, in some cases.

Hibbyradge
03-11-2013, 08:01 PM

We've been under achieving since the 50's.

We underachieved when Kano was in the team.

It's easy to criticise from the sidelines.

Bishop Hibee
03-11-2013, 08:25 PM
If you loolk at our history we overachieved in the 50's. Early to mid 70's was good but John Blackley himself reckoned they underachieved.

McLeish's team and Mowbray's did well up to a point against strong OF and in Mowbray's case a financially doped Hearts. I'd call that the level we should aim for ie top 4 going for cups.

We underachieved in the 80's cause the players weren't good enough compared to OF, New Firm and latterly Hertz. Kano was one of the better ones mind you.

Hibby_G
03-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Seen him being interviewed on STV news and bob is off the impression that the bob shouldn't have anything to do with bringing in the new manager after there past failures, he said something like griffiths should be making changes at the top of the club and bob farted

He was sitting in front of me at the hibs stmirren game

Andy74
03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
If Kano had to either run or manage Hibs we'd be in a worse state than now I'm sure.

silverhibee
04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/440781/Call-for-Rod-Petrie-to-take-Easter-Road-exit-next

Paul Kane's thoughts.

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Yes PB , one of us but he lived the dream . The guy was first class with fans when we played the Hibs Legends at Ian Murrays testimonial , taking us into the Legends dressing room to meet them all , top bloke .

Ggtth

Used to travel on The Artisan bus, up till about a week before his debut.