PDA

View Full Version : what will the players be thinking now

monktonharp
01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
let's hope it is all very POSITIVE. and not allisb***y! they need to have it installed in their brain(any that have one) that they are in a place that thousands would have loved over the years, and that they MUST do something positive to get this once great club out of the mire.the old story that a new manager can suddenly get good results,disnnae wash with me. the people that are the current custodians have a duty to call them all in and put it on the line for every last one of them that they must shape up or ship out. not saying that it has all been the fault of the current side, but they need to be told right now, not cajoled by the new incumbent.

sambajustice
01-11-2013, 04:48 PM
They'll be thinking

5h1te - We're oot tae!

One Day Soon
01-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Hopefully they will all be thinking "I'm going to have to work bl00dy hard to earn my place in the team under a new manager".

The Sea-gull
01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Publically they seemed to like Pat but surely some of them must be thinking that someone new may come in and play a style better suited to them.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Hopefully almost all of them realise they are partly responsible for a man losing his job and for the supporters feeling the way we do.

clerriehibs
01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Publically they seemed to like Pat but surely some of them must be thinking that someone new may come in and play a style better suited to them.

What would vine's style be?

One Day Soon
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM

:tsk tsk: Don't go there. Everyone gets a clean slate. And possibly a clean shave...

Pete
One thing pat has left us with is a good squad and a new manager will probably be fairly pleased with what he has to work with.

One or two central mids will be on their way no doubt.

Hibee87
I would think they will all be thinking, great I might get played in the correct position!

pacorosssco
01-11-2013, 04:55 PM
times up hopefully for some of them

Kyle A
01-11-2013, 04:56 PM

Lumberjack Chic?

monktonharp
01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Lumberjack Chic?he would look nice in a tartan workshirt:blushie:

Onion
01-11-2013, 05:54 PM

A few will be worried the next man knows what he's doing :wink:

HibbyAndy
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Well if you listen to paul hanlon he thought fenlon was defo the man to take us forward..Aye barry paul.

killie-hibby
01-11-2013, 05:57 PM

Penguinesque.

TheFamous1875
01-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Have any of them taken to twitter and offered their opinion on the matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Box Fish
01-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Less time on their play stations at East mains?

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2013, 06:09 PM
I should imagine a few will be sh##### themselves...vine, collins to name 2 who will be worried! They also must realise they are partly responsible for fenlon going!! Time to shape up or gtf guys!!

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2013, 06:16 PM
They're probably now reassured in their belief that they can do what the **** they want coz it'll be the manager who's left holding the baby anyway.

Jim44
01-11-2013, 06:26 PM

Vine could shave off his beard and convince the new guy that he's new to the club. :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
01-11-2013, 06:26 PM
I think we have a reasonably good squad (if lacking a bit in pace), so the new manager should have a good bit to work with.

I find it a bit surprising the players are all so disappointed he left though. Maybe its just from the personal side of things as Fenlon seemed like a good bloke, but they cant have been happy with the performances from a professional point of view, they must have known they havent really performed well in quite a while...

Andy74
01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
A number of them on Twitter saying how disappointed they are.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Well .... for a kick off the news is just reporting that the leader of the Pakistani Taliban has been killed and they are looking for a new leader so that will be Rowan Vine away.

As for the rest of them: I really dont think a lack of commitment has ever been the problem with this group of players I'm happy to say. A lack of knowing what the hell they were supposed to be doing is more likely.

It could well be that a new guy will wonder why we have a team full of central midfield players, but no attacking full backs, no width and no support for the strikers as a result. In view of that I can see us offloading a couple of midfield players and defenders in favour of a right & left back and a winger. So a few of the players will be having the odd sleepless night wondering who the next boss will be.

The current dugs bollocks of European football is Germany. And though I never see a full game I watch the Bundesliga highlights every monday and it is striking to see that when most goals are scored the team doing the scoring has about 5 players in and around the box. Attacking full backs and getting midfield players into the box is almost compulsory. Seems like the way to go.

We need a German :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
01-11-2013, 06:40 PM
What will I tweet next? Who'll win the next race on Attheraces? :wink:

They'll hopefully be thinking I've got impress Jimmy Nichol who the new incumbent will be asking about the players.

01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
One thing pat has left us with is a good squad and a new manager will probably be fairly pleased with what he has to work with.

One or two central mids will be on their way no doubt.

I agree, decent bunch of players that have the makings of a decent team - unfortunately Pat wasn't getting the best out of the team.