PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Rod!

SlickShoes
01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Since Pat has now left the building what support do we have for old Rodders?

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Another failure, more fans driven away, GTF

Killiehibbie
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
How many shots does he get at hiring a decent manager?

HibsNutter
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Overdue, but yes, he needs to go.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
How many shots does he get at hiring a decent manager?As many as he wants it would seem as long as Farmer is prepared tae sit on his hands and watch.

pacorosssco
01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
petrie time is up buthe wont go quietly. levein decision is baffling at best

J-C
01-11-2013, 03:03 PM

Unfortunately Pat wasn't one of his signings though.

Pete
01-11-2013, 03:04 PM

That doesn't tie in with the anti-board agenda though.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Can't join in on this one. Has his faults but overall he does a good job.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately Pat wasn't one of his signings though.I asked on another thread if anybody actually believed that, looks like some do

WestEndHibee
01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
So what would you do instead of Rod? Who would you appoint? What would your plan for the club be? Genuinely asking because all I see is Rod GTF.

Killiehibbie
01-11-2013, 03:06 PM
He let it happen under his leadership.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 03:07 PM
If our accounts are so good, just think how much better they'd be if that clown had not hired as many buffoons as he has? :rolleyes: Of course he should follow him out the door, he's the main reason we are where we are now.

SlickShoes
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
So what would you do instead of Rod? Who would you appoint? What would your plan for the club be? Genuinely asking because all I see is Rod GTF.

I have no answers, I just thought it would be interesting to see how much support their is for the man that is ultimately in charge of the club as a whole. We can always keep sacking managers but at some point you have to look a bit deeper if they are persistently failing.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:11 PM

Dear oh Dear :rolleyes:

SlickShoes
01-11-2013, 03:12 PM

What's wrong with asking the question? surely it's the answer that matters most?

J-C
01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
He let it happen under his leadership.

It was left in the hands of other board members at the time, Petrie only signed his contract.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
As many as he wants it would seem as long as Farmer is prepared tae sit on his hands and watch.

DD- can I ask you a simple question _ who do you want as owner and Chairman ?

J-C
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Are you happy with Petrie's leadership this past few years. :confused:

Hiber-nation
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
What's wrong with asking the question? surely it's the answer that matters most?

Exactly. Position was untenable IMO for not sacking PF after the Malmo game.

greenpaper55
01-11-2013, 03:15 PM
It was left in the hands of other board members at the time, Petrie only signed his contract.

Don't you believe it, the office cat doesn't fart without Rod's consent !.

pacorosssco
01-11-2013, 03:15 PM

No turning down and then having to pay compo to CC

Sumner
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Petrie next.. YEARS overdue
And no severance package like the one Calderclown got, despite Rod turning down a bundle for the tube.

"TAXI for the Tasche!"

LancashireHibby
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Don't think anyone can doubt what he's done on the business side to finish the stadium, build East Mains and turn around the debt situation, albeit with some healthy player sales. However, I do think there should be a lot more input from 'football men' as it were when it comes to the decisions such as managerial appointments etc.

TrinityHibs
01-11-2013, 03:18 PM

The question should be Should STF stand aside because as long as his money is tied up in Hibs Rod will be here.

Beefster
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
If he's no intention of appointing a good CEO and giving them the authority to run the club, within the set budget, then he should go.

LioNeilMessi
01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
If our accounts are so good, just think how much better they'd be if that clown had not hired as many buffoons as he has? :rolleyes: Of course he should follow him out the door, he's the main reason we are where we are now.

I'd hate to see where we would be without him :aok:

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:21 PM

We need stability, and STF and RP give us that - I just don't think our next manager will get 3-4 months if result's go against us in the short term.

Hope every "expert" (DD, TQM, Smurf etc) on here are happy with Pat going - all the posters that have managed a £8m businees turnover !!

Next manager - a lot won't touch it with a barge pole.

Onion
01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Fenlon did his best and has definitely improved the squad after Calderdud. But he's numbers were poor, football too negative and he also oversaw some of the worst results in our history. He had to go.

But the common factor in 6 years of utter torture and failure of our managers has been Petrie. He should have been summarily fired after the Calderwood debacle, but our owner is completely ineffective. Petrie now has to consider his position.

J-C
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM

Nothing wrong with having Petrie looking after the money side of things but someone should've been hired who had more football savvy to appoint managers, instead we get cheap option and bad judgements every 18 months or so.

WestEndHibee
01-11-2013, 03:25 PM
The question should be Should STF stand aside because as long as his money is tied up in Hibs Rod will be here.

No absolutely not. This is getting ridiculous. What's the alternative to STF?! A foreign playboy with no idea of what the club means? Looking to come across and ruin the essence of what we are? Let's get real guys, Petrie and STF are the reason this club is still around in a secure position. We were losing money left right and centre before Petrie took over. Look back through history and hibs are constantly through cycles of good and bad. It's the way football works for the majority.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 03:26 PM
We need stability, and STF and RP give us that - I just don't think our next manager will get 3-4 months if result's go against us in the short term.

Hope every "expert" (DD, TQM, Smurf etc) on here are happy with Pat going - all the posters that have managed a £8m businees turnover !!

Aye in your dreams, there will be a cue the length of Leith Walk wanting this job.

I'm a lot happier with him gone than still at the club, why wouldn't i be?

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Aye in your dreams, there will be a cue the length of Leith Walk wanting this job.

I'm a lot happier with him gone than still at the club, why wouldn't i be?

So how long are you going to give the next manager _ 4 games ?

Keith_M
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Where would we get a Chairman with such an impressive moustache?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 03:32 PM
So how long are you going to give the next manager _ 4 games ?

What a ridiculous question? :confused:

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:33 PM
No absolutely not. This is getting ridiculous. What's the alternative to STF?! A foreign playboy with no idea of what the club means? Looking to come across and ruin the essence of what we are? Let's get real guys, Petrie and STF are the reason this club is still around in a secure position. We were losing money left right and centre before Petrie took over. Look back through history and hibs are constantly through cycles of good and bad. It's the way football works for the majority.

This 100 per cent - too many drama queens on here, who dont have a clue about running a business.

I wish I was as great at my job, as they seem to be in judgement of others -pathetic.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:34 PM
What a ridiculous question? :confused:

OK, so who do you want, seeing RP is so crap at getting a manager ?

Pete
01-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Pat was hired by the board because he was a highly sought after young manager. They took advice from the football world before appointing him and they gave him money. Were Mixu and Hughes really mistakes? We'll never know because they were guilty of listening to the mob and pulling the trigger too early. They were determined not to do that this time and it's just unfortunate that Pat didn't live up to his promise. All this while being financialy secure with a sympathetic owner, completing our stadium and building a training facility.

I wish people would just give it a bloody rest.

sesoim
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Nothing wrong with having Petrie looking after the money side of things but someone should've been hired who had more football savvy to appoint managers, instead we get cheap option and bad judgements every 18 months or so.

:agree: I've been saying this for years.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 03:38 PM
OK, so who do you want, seeing RP is so crap at getting a manager ?

That's not my job, its his? And something he's got wrong far too many times.

Now if i was in charge of appointing a new manager, i'd expect to be booted out on my arse if i'd got it wrong as many times as him, you know like any other business.

Waxy
01-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Thing is all this experience he's had with us might pay off now.
maybe come a point when he actually starts to do us good.
Maybe that time has come.Last chance, and no, I'm not Rod.

J-C
01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Pat was hired by the board because he was a highly sought after young manager. They took advice from the football world before appointing him and they gave him money. Were Mixu and Hughes really mistakes? We'll never know because they were guilty of listening to the mob and pulling the trigger too early. They were determined not to do that this time and it's just unfortunate that Pat didn't live up to his promise. All this while being financialy secure with a sympathetic owner, completing our stadium and building a training facility.

Craig ****ing Levein is not the footballing world where we should be getting our advise from jeez :confused:

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:40 PM

Now if i was in charge of appointing a new manager, i'd expect to be booted out on my arse if i'd got it wrong as many times as him, you know like any other business.

Aah - so you slag RP to bits, but say its his job - classic !!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2013, 03:40 PM
This 100 per cent - too many drama queens on here, who dont have a clue about running a business.

I wish I was as great at my job, as they seem to be in judgement of others -pathetic.

Well I am good at my job. I have clear targets and deadlines to meet. I am fairly well rewarded for it. I am also more than aware that my shelf life is dependant on my performance and that there is likely to be a list of replacements should I fail.
But these basic rules of employment don't extend to a football manager?

greenpaper55
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM

He is running a football club and he is answerable to thousands of fans , a bit different from running a tyre depot or whatever. just take a look at our league positions over the last few years, do you think he was just having a laugh with the other managers he chose and now he will show his real class in choosing the right one now ?.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Well its not my bloody job is it? When does the buck stop at me for all these duds he's appointed? :faf:

gillythehibby
01-11-2013, 03:43 PM

Generally I agree with this but I think alot of posters well off the mark with assuming Rod has full say on who's appointed. It's not just down to him. RP has done an excellent job money wise. Christ this forum had him on a pedestal when the **** were going into Admin. I think outside inflluences required on the next manager hunt and to get different ideas on what the criteria is.

J-C
01-11-2013, 03:44 PM

He's slagging him off because it's his job to get it right, that's the point of his argument doh!

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Well its not my bloody job is it? When does the buck stop at me for all these duds he's appointed? :faf:

BH - I'll ask you one more time, who is the next manager for you ?

Onion
01-11-2013, 03:47 PM
He is running a football club and he is answerable to thousands of fans , a bit different from running a tyre depot or whatever. just take a look at our league positions over the last few years, do you think he was just having a laugh with the other managers he chose and now he will show his real class in choosing the right one now ?.

Looks like Petrie and 33% of Hibs fans have lost sight of that. No one has questioned the progress made on infrastructure but it was obvious 5 or 6 years ago that once the stadium and training centre were completed we needed someone with different skills to take the club forward on the field. Petrie is the problem not the solution. Let's stop this cycle of mistakes and go forward.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 03:48 PM

I have no idea if we have the funds, or if he'd come back but GJP would do me, even if i hated the way he left.

Pete
01-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Craig ****ing Levein is not the footballing world where we should be getting our advise from jeez :confused:

Why shouldn't an international managers advice be taken into account? I doubt his was all the advice they took.

All this stuff about only appointing managers because they are cheap is nonsense. It's a balancing act as a successful manager will bring in a lot more money than any initial outlay.

marinello59

I have to disagree.
Pat Fenlon should have been removed after that cup final against them.

RIP
What's wrong with Rodders staying on as non-exec chairman and hiring a visionary CEO? Could be a great team

TowerHibs

your making a right erse of your sself!

Johnny_Leith
01-11-2013, 03:52 PM
We can't bin Rod during Movember what sort of message does that send out??

jeffers
Petrie should definitely leave as well imo. I believe he has far too much influence on what happens at ER. Thanks for the ground and East Mains, but time for someone else who has genuine affection for Hibs to take over.

HUTCHYHIBBY

That would be my choice too.

Eyrie
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Petrie is outstanding at the part of his job that involves balancing the books, which is very important. But equally important is hiring the correct manager as the key employee at the club, and on that part Petrie has presided over too many failures. Fenlon may have been selected by other directors with Petrie only involved in the contract negotiations but ultimately he was another unsuccessful appointment on Petrie's watch.

Time for a change.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
your making a right erse of your sself!

So who do you want as manager now ?

WestEndHibee
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
What's wrong with Rodders staying on as non-exec chairman and hiring a visionary CEO? Could be a great team

I'd be inclined to agree with this. It works with a few European clubs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
All this while being financialy secure with a sympathetic owner, completing our stadium and building a training facility.

RE the bit in bold, I don't think I've met anyone who has decided to go along to watch for either of those reasons, It seems to be what happens on the pitch that brings people along to games/or not.

SneakersO'Toole
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I want Petrie to keep over seeing the footballing side of this club as much as I want Rowan Vine to get a new contract. He has made a complete hash of it time and time again.

Time for a complete overhaul.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Who do you want, and what difference will it make telling me? :confused:

Pete
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
RE the bit in bold, I don't think I've met anyone who has decided to go along to watch for either of those reasons, It seems to be what happens on the pitch that brings people along to games/or not.

It's was an area where energy and resources were concentrated. They done this while still having to concentrate on the footballing side.

Other clubs are ignoring these areas at their peril and are simply putting it off to appease the masses. We've done it and can now focus on the good stuff while others...

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-11-2013, 04:11 PM
It's was an area where energy and resources were concentrated. They done this while still having to concentrate on the footballing side.

Other clubs are ignoring these areas at their peril and are simply putting it off to appease the masses. We've done it and can now focus on the good stuff while others...

So we just need to show a bit of patience then? Hmmm, I think I've heard that before somewhere! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM

Ah so this is what the secret 5 year plan is all about? The club have brainwashed that many folk, they are now starting to say it out loud now.

Pete
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Ah so this is what the secret 5 year plan is all about? The club have brainwashed that many folk, they are now starting to say it out loud now.

Brainwashed? Please.

It's not my fault that you aren't forevergreen.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Brainwashed? Please.

It's not my fault that you aren't forevergreen.

No, its entirely mine. :greengrin

Thecat23
01-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Funny the people who actually believe Rod never had the final say over Pat. Guess what he DID! Whether you believe it or not up to you.

inglisavhibs
01-11-2013, 04:47 PM
He didn't pick Fenlon, bit I do think we need a football guy on the board.

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2013, 04:48 PM
I have no idea if we have the funds, or if he'd come back but GJP would do me, even if i hated the way he left.

As a club we'd be no better than a sad middle aged woman who welcomes their galavanting whore chasing husband back just because he was a good ride.

He might be the right man but surely not at the expense of our self respect. Not for me.

JIm
01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Funny the people who actually believe Rod never had the final say over Pat. Guess what he DID! Whether you believe it or not up to you.

100% this. His managerial appointment record before that has been nothing short of abysmal.

In terms of running the club well I would agree he has, but surely any decent CE worth his salt would be able to manage this.

For me its time to move on (although I do not believe it will happen). Someone with fresh ideas, vision, a philosophy to join the club/fans together and a plan to promote more youth to our squad.

Mon Dieu4
01-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Guardiola or Wenger

Thecat23
01-11-2013, 05:23 PM
100% this. His managerial appointment record before that has been nothing short of abysmal.

In terms of running the club well I would agree he has, but surely any decent CE worth his salt would be able to manage this.

For me its time to move on (although I do not believe it will happen). Someone with fresh ideas, vision, a philosophy to join the club/fans together and a plan to promote more youth to our squad.

Fully agree mate.

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Rod wasn't involved in the appointment process with Pat. Let's sack everyone!

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks for everything RP but it's time for change.

Step aside and let a new chapter begin.

JIm
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM

You really believe that?

Thecat23
01-11-2013, 05:59 PM

He had the final say! Everyone in football knows this.

Nope just Rod and Pat for now thanks.

Gordy M
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Is it just his poor record on picking managers that folk want rid of rp, or is there other issues. As been said, he has done a pretty impressive job with the finances etc and has backed manager but his record of appointing them is v poor. Would folk be happy if someone else did the recruitment of the manager, or is it more than that??

rcarter1
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Rod may stay or he may go. In terms of the next manager if the current board are in place (which seems likely), we should give them some bullet points as to what they should look for. I.e. evidence that they can

motivate teams
work on a budget
encourage attacking football
respond tactically during games

etc.

They (the board) really need our help!!

WestEndHibee
01-11-2013, 06:11 PM
You really believe that?

Regardless, I didn't see all this, "what a useless appointment" once he'd signed. On paper Pat was a manager on the way to big things. He had the right credentials, a nice amount of experience, he seemed the man for it. However hindsight is a wonderful thing and he didn't live up to the promise. I would say the same about mixu, yogi and Collins. Calderwood was a dud but other than that the others didn't seem like bad judgements.

You never know how a manager will perform under pressure, there's not a single number of interviews that can reveal it to you.

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 06:11 PM
You really believe that?

It was Scott Lindsay and Fife Hyland that took over the appointments process when Calderwood was sacked. All I'm saying is people are calling for Rod's head, largely because of managerial appointments but looking at a lot of them you've got Mogga ( pulled it out the bag noone expected it and it was a masterstroke),Collins (fans wanted him), Mixu (fans wanted him), Yogi (fans wanted him), Calderwood (great record previous to us so you can see why he went for it). Or people want shot because he's not spending enough? Well look at how many signings we made in the summer, we've probably got one of the biggest wage bills outside of Celtic and don't forget how much we've reduced our debt and built the biggest stadium outside Glasgow and a training facility on a par with the Premiership at the same time. We're not Hearts, we won't live now and pay later, does anyone think it's worth risking the club's future? Surely, any short term gains by that strategy will have a negative impact in the long term and undo a lot of good work. Does anyone want to see the club in peril like back in the days of Hands Off Hibs?

The Falcon
01-11-2013, 06:12 PM
If folk want Petrie to go then just buy out Farmer and you will be able to appoint whoever you want. Simple.

Islington Hibs
01-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes I think he should resign . While he has done a number of positive things notably finances and infrastructure I have doubts about his motivational skills, leadership and footballing vision. I think he has done a decent job but it has been long enough and a new broom is needed. I do however think we are very fortunate to have STF and doubt we could find a more stable or honourable replacement to him. One word for Sir Tom, whom I met in a business capacity many years ago. He knew every detail of Kwik Fit and could motivate, bully and inspire the fitter upwards. He built a great business Please utilise those great business skills at Easter Road. We need self belief, vision and a forensic attention to detail and discipline. While I can't really judge I am unconvinced that the current board offer this.

Onion
01-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Regardless, I didn't see all this, "what a useless appointment" once he'd signed. On paper Pat was a manager on the way to big things. He had the right credentials, a nice amount of experience, he seemed the man for it. However hindsight is a wonderful thing and he didn't live up to the promise. I would say the same about mixu, yogi and Collins. Calderwood was a dud but other than that the others didn't seem like bad judgements.

You never know how a manager will perform under pressure, there's not a single number of interviews that can reveal it to you.

Logic and good CV count for zero in football. It is all about results. Whether Petrie was a bad judge, bad boss or plain unlucky makes no difference. All these guys were duds at ER and Petrie has run out of time and excuses. We need to get the next and future decisions right. If that means pushing the boat out a little to increase the chances of success then so be it. The strategy of trying to squeeze success out of cheap or undemanding managers has failed and cost the club £millions in lost revenue and severance payments. With the Yams and Huns out of the picture for at least another 18 months, we might still have the chance to do something special.

The Hibs job must still be one of the most attractive to any aspiring manager who knows how to do his job.

Onion
01-11-2013, 06:51 PM
It was Scott Lindsay and Fife Hyland that took over the appointments process when Calderwood was sacked. All I'm saying is people are calling for Rod's head, largely because of managerial appointments but looking at a lot of them you've got Mogga ( pulled it out the bag noone expected it and it was a masterstroke),Collins (fans wanted him), Mixu (fans wanted him), Yogi (fans wanted him), Calderwood (great record previous to us so you can see why he went for it). Or people want shot because he's not spending enough? Well look at how many signings we made in the summer, we've probably got one of the biggest wage bills outside of Celtic and don't forget how much we've reduced our debt and built the biggest stadium outside Glasgow and a training facility on a par with the Premiership at the same time. We're not Hearts, we won't live now and pay later, does anyone think it's worth risking the club's future? Surely, any short term gains by that strategy will have a negative impact in the long term and undo a lot of good work. Does anyone want to see the club in peril like back in the days of Hands Off Hibs?

Why do you think success only comes at a price? ICT, Motherwell, St J have all punched above their weight with no resources. All Hibs fans are asking for is to punch TO our weight. At this time, with the Huns and Yams out the way, that means finals, trophies and Europe - not bottom 6, crap football and getting pumped by the BDO Under 20s.

And the Board's job is not to appoint managers that the fans want. If they did, that in itself is a sign of weak management. They get well paid to appoint a manager who can do the job well. That's why they get paid and we don't.

I don't care if Mogga and McLeish appointments were lucky or inspired. They just need to start getting the important decisions right.

greenpaper55
01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
If it is true that PF resigned then does that mean Petrie was happy to let him carry on till the end of the season ?.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Cant believe it but I said no.

I think RP still has a value to Hibs. Nobody that I can think of is as good at squeezing the last penny out of a transfer deal or getting players for next to nothing.

But ... on the footballing side of things he is not the man. This club needs a director of football who knows what is required to take the club forward on the pitch ... RPs job will be to make it happen.

I havnt heard anything about RP or Hibs approaching Craig Levin for advice on new managers, but it was alluded to on here that we did ...... why the hell would you approach the Guru of anti football after you have just parted with a manager whos main failing was being too negative.

If there is anything to that its all that needs to be said about RPs approach to appointing managers. :confused:

SuperAllyMcleod
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Apologies for those that have seen my post of this on another thread but I think I should have put it on this one.

I may be wrong but I have to say that I feel Petrie is unfairly getting a bit of a rough time here.

When Fenlons was appointed he wasn't part of that process having recognised that the previous poor appointments were down to him.

Also, he has fully backed the manager - £200k to buy Collins and repeated attempts to keep Griffiths - albeit they may have started too late.

I honestly don't know what else the fans expect of him. He's keeping the clubs finances under control in order to avoid a repeat of 1990, or worse, get into the state Hertz find themselves in.

I think it's time to lay off him and get behind the team and the new manager when he is appointed.

jabis
01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
As many as he wants it would seem as long as Farmer is prepared tae sit on his hands and watch.
you want Vlad ?

this !

no,the reason is people like YOU,happy as larry when things go fine,major whinger when we lose a couple of games.
since you are going to ask ..... "me ? when ? where ?...I shall leave you to defend yourself with "quotes" .

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Cant believe it but I said no.

I think RP still has a value to Hibs. Nobody that I can think of is as good at squeezing the last penny out of a transfer deal or getting players for next to nothing.

But ... on the footballing side of things he is not the man. This club needs a director of football who knows what is required to take the club forward on the pitch ... RPs job will be to make it happen.

I havnt heard anything about RP or Hibs approaching Craig Levin for advice on new managers, but it was alluded to on here that we did ...... why the hell would you approach the Guru of anti football after you have just parted with a manager whos main failing was being too negative.

If there is anything to that its all that needs to be said about RPs approach to appointing managers. :confused:

Did JC not work at Livi in that role? Don't know why he left the post though.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 07:56 PM

because they got shot of gareth evans....and collins took the hump

147lothian
Petrie has too much say in football related matters, is past his sell by date and its time to move on, if not the same old cycle will repeat itself again and again

Billy Whizz

Because they sacked the head coach, Gareth Evans.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Rod's had 17 years at ER. I'm thinking of offering to ghost write his autobiography :wink:

Thecat23
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
you want Vlad ?

this !

no,the reason is people like YOU,happy as larry when things go fine,major whinger when we lose a couple of games.
since you are going to ask ..... "me ? when ? where ?...I shall leave you to defend yourself with "quotes" .

Why do folk ask "who would you get in then?" Like there isn't anyone in this world who can run Hibs. FFS how about ICT chairman, St. Johnstone Chairmen? They might not want it or be the right men? But there are people out there. It's not our job though it's Farmers he should be looking. What if Petrie left? Would you cry yourself to sleep because no one can do the job? He's been here long enough man.

Here's a wee secret almost everyone knows.. Someone somewhere CAN do other peoples jobs better! Mental eh?

pontius pilate
01-11-2013, 08:07 PM
The thing that really gets in my tits is fans saying if we were to get rid of rod the club goes down the drain how does that work exactly? Is he the only chief executive in the whole of the uk who can balance the books and turned around a business to turn a profit whilst still albeit not very cleverly in rods part produce results. I'm sure there is a lot if younger chief execs out there who could do what rod does an still provides the balls to lay out targets and make decisions when they are not met. If and it's a very big if I won or had the money to buy the club that's the first thing I would do replace the whole rotten system with fesh blood and bring in a fans spokesperson to the board. All this **** that rid is the saviour please

GreenCastle
01-11-2013, 08:08 PM

So if Rod wasn't involved - What credentials do Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay have to pick a FOOTBALL manager?

The recruitment process is flawed and needs people with football knowledge / experience to to attract the right person :agree:

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
So if Rod wasn't involved - What credentials do Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay have to pick a FOOTBALL manager?

The recruitment process is flawed and needs people with football knowledge / experience to to attract the right person :agree:

Have they not left the club now anyway?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 08:13 PM
you want Vlad ?

this !

Deluded.

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
because they got shot of gareth evans....and collins took the hump

Because they sacked the head coach, Gareth Evans.

So it wasn't cause he was doing a bad job then. Maybe he's worth considering. Does anybody know what his feelings are towards club, board etc following the way things ended last time?

AlbertK86
01-11-2013, 08:16 PM
The thing that really gets in my tits is fans saying if we were to get rid of rod the club goes down the drain how does that work exactly? Is he the only chief executive in the whole of the uk who can balance the books and turned around a business to turn a profit whilst still albeit not very cleverly in rods part produce results. I'm sure there is a lot if younger chief execs out there who could do what rod does an still provides the balls to lay out targets and make decisions when they are not met. If and it's a very big if I won or had the money to buy the club that's the first thing I would do replace the whole rotten system with fesh blood and bring in a fans spokesperson to the board. All this **** that rid is the saviour please

Well said mate..... Rod made the books balance mainly due to selling of our golden generation...... sure many others would have managed it with the saleable assets we had

HappyHibby93
01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Personally, i would say that Rod Petrie has done a good job at ER and continues to do so. For me i don't see why you need a football man at the top. RP and TF have taken this club from the brink of extinction, to have training grounds on a par with top Championship teams and even some Preimer League teams, and one of the best stadiums in the country. RP and the board have give Hibernian Football Club huge potential. We have a good squad and with the right manager, I personally think Hibs can really achive success.

For me success would be to compete for 2nd spot, and playing an exciting brand of football, and maybe, just maybe, the Scottish Cup... :cb

147lothian
01-11-2013, 08:53 PM
You need someone at the top who is a football man, because its a football club, Rod has passed his sell by date, time to go!

SuperAllyMcleod
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Personally, i would say that Rod Petrie has done a good job at ER and continues to do so. For me i don't see why you need a football man at the top. RP and TF have taken this club from the brink of extinction, to have training grounds on a par with top Championship teams and even some Preimer League teams, and one of the best stadiums in the country. RP and the board have give Hibernian Football Club huge potential. We have a good squad and with the right manager, I personally think Hibs can really achive success.

For me success would be to compete for 2nd spot, and playing an exciting brand of football, and maybe, just maybe, the Scottish Cup... :cb

Agreed!

I think the infrastructure is now in place, we just need the personnel to make the most of it. Most importantly, we need a manager who is a leader that the players want to follow.

147lothian
01-11-2013, 09:39 PM
A root and branch change is needed, the chairman is responsible and has the final say, on all matters, related to the club, we certainly need a manager who can make the most of the club, but we have been here before, give a manager two years, he was no good get another, whats the common denominator?

WestEndHibee
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Why do folk ask "who would you get in then?" Like there isn't anyone in this world who can run Hibs. FFS how about ICT chairman, St. Johnstone Chairmen? They might not want it or be the right men? But there are people out there. It's not our job though it's Farmers he should be looking. What if Petrie left? Would you cry yourself to sleep because no one can do the job? He's been here long enough man.

Here's a wee secret almost everyone knows.. Someone somewhere CAN do other peoples jobs better! Mental eh?

I wouldn't cry myself to sleep but I believe Hibs would be a lot worse off for not having Petrie.

And while I believe that there might be people who can do it better, who's to say we'll get one of them?? What happens if we appoint a guy who ends up being a dud? Do we ship him and look for the next one?

FWIW even though St. Johnstone had their great adventure last season, their finances still took a hit and they are since having to make big cuts. They aren't running on a sustainable business model, even with moderate success. I would much prefer Petrie over Steve Brown any day.

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Those wanting RP to step down have to do more than vote on a poll.

It's time for action.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2013, 10:07 PM
He should have gone after the Colin Calderwood debacle so yes, I absolutely believe he needs to leave his position at the club.

His time with us has not been a complete failure. Off the park we are a shining example for all other clubs to follow and thanks to him, we own our very own training facilities which are the envy of most clubs in Scotland and even clubs in England as well and we also have a completely modern ground, which is the best medium sized stadium in the country by a mile.

However, on the park we have been a complete shambles for some years now and our inability to recruit a good manager is pathetic. At the end of the day, Hibernian FC is a football club and its primary goal is to win football matches and to try and be relatively successful.

We have not succeeded in that department for a long time and the dwindling crowds at Easter Road emphasises that point. I don't believe this club will move forward with the current board in place and whilst a new manager may help us in the short term, I fully believe that unless changes happen at boardroom level, we will be having exactly the same discussions in 18-24 months time when we're talking about sacking the next manager because we're not winning enough matches.

There's only so many times that you can keep sacking the manager before you have to look elsewhere.

Unlike others, I am not satisfied with the removal of Fenlon today and I don't expect any real progress to take place unless changes are made higher up the ladder.

It's a yes from me.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 10:13 PM
He should have gone after the Colin Calderwood debacle so yes, I absolutely believe he needs to leave his position at the club.

His time with us has not been a complete failure. Off the park we are a shining example for all other clubs to follow and thanks to him, we own our very own training facilities which are the envy of most clubs in Scotland and even clubs in England as well and we also have a completely modern ground, which is the best medium sized stadium in the country by a mile.

However, on the park we have been a complete shambles for some years now and our inability to recruit a good manager is pathetic. At the end of the day, Hibernian FC is a football club and its primary goal is to win football matches and to try and be relatively successful.

We have not succeeded in that department for a long time and the dwindling crowds at Easter Road emphasises that point. I don't believe this club will move forward with the current board in place and whilst a new manager may help us in the short term, I fully believe that unless changes happen at boardroom level, we will be having exactly the same discussions in 18-24 months time when we're talking about sacking the next manager because we're not winning enough matches.

There's only so many times that you can keep sacking the manager before you have to look elsewhere.

Unlike others, I am not satisfied with the removal of Fenlon today and I don't expect any real progress to take place unless changes are made higher up the ladder.

It's a yes from me.:agree: At the common denominator

Directors have come and gone, managers have come and gone, players have come and gone, nothing has changed and nothing will change because one thing has never changed.

madabouthibs
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM

This.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Rod probably just does as he is told, if you want someone to aimlessly rant at surely Farmer is your man?

Pete
01-11-2013, 10:21 PM
:agree: At the common denominator

Directors have come and gone, managers have come and gone, players have come and gone, nothing has changed and nothing will change because one thing has never changed.

Sunshine, the Leith lynx?

:eek:

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Sunshine, the Leith lynx?

:eek:Correct, have you ever seen him and Petrie at the same time though. :wink:

Geo_1875
01-11-2013, 10:30 PM
We need "football people" to look after the footbal side of the business and "financial people" to look after the finances. I'm happy with Rod"s performance on the financial side. How about we get all the people who are happy to tell us what's wrong at Hibs on Sky Sports News, Sportscene, Radio Scotland and the Evening News to get their heads together and come up with a plan and pick a management team to take it forward. It might just work.

147lothian
01-11-2013, 10:34 PM
A change of direction is needed at the very top, the club has to be run on a football basis, not as a project to make it expensive to sell, making it an earner for the owners, the days of thinking you need to owned by the high and mighty are in the past, the best run clubs, in football terms will be the ones that have fan ownership, or owners that are fans or intune with the fans, RP is a dinasour in the respect, its time for a change

Criswell
01-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Reading through this thread it is pretty clear that Petrie has become a divisive figure within the support.
For someone holding such an important role (roles?) this cannot be healthy. Pat fenlon has walked because he had obviously "lost" the vast majority of the fans. I think the same is true of Petrie, most of us have totally lost faith in his ability to deliver a competitive, entertaining team on the park. He has hired and fired far too many times. He has had chance after chance to get the right calibre of manager in, and failed. If he had any honour or integrity he would sharing Pat's taxi!

Liberal Hibby
01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Logic and good CV count for zero in football. It is all about results. Whether Petrie was a bad judge, bad boss or plain unlucky makes no difference. All these guys were duds at ER and Petrie has run out of time and excuses. We need to get the next and future decisions right. If that means pushing the boat out a little to increase the chances of success then so be it. The strategy of trying to squeeze success out of cheap or undemanding managers has failed and cost the club £millions in lost revenue and severance payments. With the Yams and Huns out of the picture for at least another 18 months, we might still have the chance to do something special.

The Hibs job must still be one of the most attractive to any aspiring manager who knows how to do his job.

So how do you appoint a manager if it is only about results? No Mowbray then. No Collins. Definitely Calderwood.

You only get results once a manager is in place and you can only judge candidiates in a recruitment process from their CVs and experience and skills.

Where's your evidence that we have apponted cheap and undemanding managers? I think rationally looking at who have been appointed (with the possible exception of Hughes) they were decent appointments. All recent managers have been backed in the transfer market - none of which suggests cheap options.

Too many people on here think its a simple job to appoint a football manager - it's patently not and football is not like selling tyres or paint or whatever - it is only about people. And that brings in a whole range of more complex factors.

Having hounded out various recent managers people are in danger of hounding out a benign board that has massively improved the club over the years. We should be careful what we wish for.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm stunned that less than 60% of people who have voted on this poll do not believe Petrie should leave the club.

Captain Trips
01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Petrie is about 3yrs past his sell by date, gross incompetence with CC followed by 2 further years wasted under PF with a rather embarrassing results legacy.

Embarrassed by a decent enough Hearts team 5-1, 18mths on Embarrassed again by a poor Hearts side while we should be flying, if we had made decent progress we should have been pumping them by a few.

Clear your desk Rod a shocking last 3yrs at Hibernian.

RIP Bestie
02-11-2013, 12:53 AM

It's the easiest thing in the world to criticise someone's record while you sit on the fence time and time again.
i agree the time is right for a football person to come in as Director of Football say, to make football decisions.
If I had my own business I would love Petrie to be looking after the financial side of things so to want him out all together is a ludicrous stance.
If you look at Petries appointments as Manager a few were the fans favourite for the post
Sauzee, Collins, Hughes and Mixu. Some had been doing well with their clubs at the time we appointed them and we're highly thought of within the game in Scotland Duffy and Williamson. Some were a complete shock, Mowbray and McLeish (Motherwell fans were dying to get rid of him).
Out of all of them Mowbray and McLeish turned out to be the most successful.
Maybe he thought the same would happen with the curve balls that were Calderwood and Fenlon?
who's to say a "football person" won't make the same mistake? But come on BH you're a football person. You know what's out there and what would be available to us. So who would you appoint or are you just going to wait on someone else making the decision and slag them off as usual while not going to the games?

IWasThere2016
02-11-2013, 01:14 AM

:faf: You know sweet fanny adams about me!

FTR, I'm an integral part of a senior leadership team and board that has merged two multi-million pound businesses in the last week. One of the organisations spends more on non-pay related expenditure than Hibs spend on wages, running costs, debt-servicing etc.. As the Finance Director of one of the parties, I'm now FD of the merger organisation, and a Director/Co. Secy of its successful subsidiary.

I sincerely hope you have the good grace to apologise for your post.

Pete
02-11-2013, 01:31 AM

FTR, I'm an integral part of a senior leadership team and board that has merged two multi-million pound businesses in the last week. One of the organisations spends more on non-pay related expenditure than Hibs spend on wages, running costs, debt-servicing etc.. As the Finance Director of one of the parties, I'm now FD of the merger organisation, and a Director/Co. Secy of its successful subsidiary.

IWasThere2016
02-11-2013, 01:33 AM

You wanna see ma CV :greengrin

Pete
02-11-2013, 01:48 AM
You wanna see ma CV :greengrin

A decent CV is worthless without a decent 'tache to back it up. :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
02-11-2013, 06:17 AM
A decent CV is worthless without a decent 'tache to back it up. :thumbsup:

Bar bum fluff in puberty, I've only ever had a 'tache for Movember 2/3 years ago and NEVER again! Horrible things.

Moon unit
02-11-2013, 06:47 AM
I wish the new Man/lady/ child ?..the very best,but please don't let it be another cheap option!
petrie seems to specialise in wheeling out a new unknown 'experiment' upon the Hibs faithful, whilst offering the same wholesome praise speech he's used over the past 5 years!
If the new manager is allowed to bring excitement and the buzz back to ER..he will be halfway there as the missing one's will start to come back!
Obviously Results are important and this will only be born out by offering the job to someone who knows what he is doing!!!
So Petrie..ditch the speech and speak from the heart as we want some honesty for a change!

stevejordan
02-11-2013, 07:26 AM
His last 4 Managerial appointments have brought us 5 years of pain yet he somehow slithers away at the last AGM With a we got a 5 year plan get out of jail free card and giving his full support to Paddy. He backed him to the hilts going against the majority of our wishes.

The game is up Rod do the right thing and Resign we need to start anew with a fresh piece of paper.

Www1875hfc
02-11-2013, 07:31 AM
For me Petrie has to go, he's ran his course.
There is something seriously wrong within Easter Rd,yesterday was the start on the playing side,now it needs to go higher,we need change,and from the top.
This club lacks ambition,and doesn't deserve the loyalty the fans have shown over the last few years.
They have stuck by this club through some horrendous results,and still came back for more.
But for how much longer.

Saorsa
02-11-2013, 07:42 AM
This should have signaled his last involvement

REPENTANT Rod Petrie last night said sorry for making Colin Calderwood Hibs boss. On Sunday, the board decided Colin was no longer the man to take the club forwardSorry,I thought you said.....

Last night, Easter Road chairman Rod Petrie described his arrival as a major ‘coup’ :hilarious and insisted the new man, who has penned a three-year contract and cost Hibs a six-figure sum :bitchy: to release him from his St James’ Park contract, is the right choice for the club. :hilariousAye, what a ****in' choice right enough, what a coup.

Then he takes advice on the next manager from Harry ****in' potter, the worst Scotland manager ever and a four eyed, jakey, yam, tramp.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2013, 08:06 AM
It's the easiest thing in the world to criticise someone's record while you sit on the fence time and time again.

As a Hibs supporter, that gives me that right, it also gives me the right to praise them when things are good. :confused:

i agree the time is right for a football person to come in as Director of Football say, to make football decisions.
If I had my own business I would love Petrie to be looking after the financial side of things so to want him out all together is a ludicrous stance.
If you look at Petries appointments as Manager a few were the fans favourite for the post
Sauzee, Collins, Hughes and Mixu.

Its there job to get the best man for the job, not who the fans think is the best man. If thats the case what is the point of them being there, we'd be better just having a poll/

Some had been doing well with their clubs at the time we appointed them and we're highly thought of within the game in Scotland Duffy and Williamson. Some were a complete shock, Mowbray and McLeish (Motherwell fans were dying to get rid of him).
Out of all of them Mowbray and McLeish turned out to be the most successful.
Maybe he thought the same would happen with the curve balls that were Calderwood and Fenlon?

And the rest were pish

who's to say a "football person" won't make the same mistake? But come on BH you're a football person. You know what's out there and what would be available to us.

How the hell do i know who's out there available to us, and where have you seen me asking for this mythical football person?

I'm not privy to anything you or anyone else is? I don't get paid to look at who's up and coming in coaching in this country or indeed anywhere else in the world?

Why would i know who's available other than the usual suspects already named on here or on the bookies list?

So who would you appoint or are you just going to wait on someone else making the decision and slag them off as usual while not going to the games?

Thats great, we have had 7 years of poor to proper dirge, and i have spent thousands watching that. I decide that enough is enough, and now i'm not allowed an opinion?

Of course i will wait on someone else making this decision, here's a wee secret, i will have no input whatsoever in who the new man will be. :faf: And here's another piece of information for you, i wont be back until I DECIDE, not you or anyone else.

And i will continue with the criticism or praise whenever i see fit, neither you or anyone else will stop me.

green glory
02-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Interesting to see all these opinions about Petrie. Especially all the frothing at the mouth blaming him for taking on Fenlon. People have very short memories, as it was Scott Lindsey who bears responsibility for that.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Interesting to see all these opinions about Petrie. Especially all the frothing at the mouth blaming him for taking on Fenlon. People have very short memories, as it was Scott Lindsey who bears responsibility for that.

And we call the gimps deluded, Petrie has the final say on everything, and i mean everything that goes on at Easter Road.

Saorsa
02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Interesting to see all these opinions about Petrie. Especially all the frothing at the mouth blaming him for taking on Fenlon. People have very short memories, as it was Scott Lindsey who bears responsibility for that.And you believe that? Petrie just let somebody else decide and had nae input and/or the final say. Petrie is in charge at ER, naebody else. Funny isn't it that if there's anything tae crow about Petrie cannae wait tae put his smug puss about the palce, when anything goes wrong he hides and it's somebody else's fault and they carry the can.

TrinityHibs
02-11-2013, 08:24 AM

Because we're talking about Petrie and his management of a football club are you saying that you are the financial messiah who is about to be announced as the saviour of the Sevconians. Never had you down for that TQM. Will you get a goat as a golden hello hello?

marinello59
02-11-2013, 08:27 AM

If the man at the top delegates responsibility for an important task to those below him it doesn't mean that he can then wash his hands of any blame if it goes wrong.

greenpaper55
02-11-2013, 08:29 AM
And you believe that? Petrie just let somebody else decide and had nae input and/or the final say. Petrie is in charge at ER, naebody else. Funny isn't it that if there's anything tae crow about Petrie cannae wait tae put his smug puss about the palce, when anything goes wrong it's somebody else's fault.

To true, where was he after the 5-1 ?, they had a f..... party back at ER, where was he when the fans were baying for blood the other night ? nowhere to be seen, maybe the silence from him this time round means there are bigger changes on the way.

Saorsa
02-11-2013, 08:38 AM
To true, where was he after the 5-1 ?, they had a f..... party back at ER, where was he when the fans were baying for blood the other night ? nowhere to be seen, maybe the silence from him this time round means there are bigger changes on the way.Unless they're being made by Farmer, I doubt it. Petrie's ego certainly winnae let him take the blame, that's mair important tae him than Hibs. One **** up efter another but he just marches on untouched.

hibby rae
02-11-2013, 08:40 AM
If the man at the top delegates responsibility for an important task to those below him it doesn't mean that he can then wash his hands of any blame if it goes wrong.

Devil's advocate, should he not show faith in his colleagues abilities and trust his findings? We would all be quick to criticise him if we knew he'd delegated a job and then was found to be interfering and overturning their recommendations.

marinello59
02-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Devil's advocate, should he not show faith in his colleagues abilities and trust his findings? We would all be quick to criticise him if we knew he'd delegated a job and then was found to be interfering and overturning their recommendations.

Of course he should. But if that faith subsequently turns out to have been misplaced the buck still stops with the man at the top.

hibby rae
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Of course he should. But if that faith subsequently turns out to have been misplaced the buck still stops with the man at the top.

Perhaps. Just seems like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I suppose that's part of the job.

Beefster
02-11-2013, 08:56 AM

That's what we were led to believe by the public pronouncements. It conveniently ignores the fact that no-one farts at Hibs without Rodders authorising it in triplicate.

aunty joyce
02-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Is this poll closed because I don't seem to be able to vote (and yes I am signed in)? Incidentally my vote would be 'NO' to Petrie going - end of!!!

aunty joyce
02-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Let's not forget;

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GPyyqI9WjSQ

The Harp Awakes
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
The underlying yellow streak which has been at the heart of the Club for ages now can only be down to the 1 common denominator. Time for a fresh start at Board level with people coming in who can inspire others and who have the ambition to take the Club forward. Without a change at the top the managerial revolving door at Easter Road will go on forever and we will be continually rebuilding the squad every 18 months and serving up the same old mediocrity on the pitch.

Hainan Hibs
02-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I think only real change will come with complete change at the top. Fenlon made inroads into changing the culture at ER but IMO it is useless when we have the same guys at the top.

degenerated
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/02/nutynesu.jpg

J-C
02-11-2013, 10:22 AM
And you believe that? Petrie just let somebody else decide and had nae input and/or the final say. Petrie is in charge at ER, naebody else. Funny isn't it that if there's anything tae crow about Petrie cannae wait tae put his smug puss about the palce, when anything goes wrong he hides and it's somebody else's fault and they carry the can.

I'm pretty sure Petrie would have the final say Yes but only after Scott Lindsey had vetted the new manager and had given Rod assurances this was the right man, as CEO of the company Rod would've only signed the contract after the due process by Lindsey.

IWasThere2016
02-11-2013, 10:28 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/02/nutynesu.jpg

:greengrin

Just responding with some facts - no making assumptions about folk I ken heehaw aboot unlike Darlington :wink:

He's goan affy quiet..

RIP Bestie
02-11-2013, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3790933]Thats great, we have had 7 years of poor to proper dirge, and i have spent thousands watching that. I decide that enough is enough, and now i'm not allowed an opinion?

Of course i will wait on someone else making this decision, here's a wee secret, i will have no input whatsoever in who the new man will be. :faf: And here's another piece of information for you, i wont be back until I DECIDE, not you or anyone else.

And i will continue with the criticism or praise whenever i see fit, neither you or anyone else will stop me.[/QUOT
Thank **** for that

Thecat23
02-11-2013, 10:57 AM

Wrong.

Potter recommended Fenlon to PETRIE, as they were close from his days as Scotland manager. He may not have actually sat in an interview process but he did give the thumbs up.

--------
02-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Quoting Desperate Dan:

This should have signaled his last involvement

REPENTANT Rod Petrie last night said sorry for making Colin Calderwood Hibs boss. On Sunday, the board decided Colin was no longer the man to take the club forward

Sorry,I thought you said.....

Last night, Easter Road chairman Rod Petrie described his arrival as a major ‘coup’ :hilarious and insisted the new man, who has penned a three-year contract and cost Hibs a six-figure sum :bitchy: to release him from his St James’ Park contract, is the right choice for the club. :hilarious

Aye, what a ****in' choice right enough, what a coup.

Then he takes advice on the next manager from Harry ****in' potter, the worst Scotland manager ever and a four eyed, jakey, yam, tramp.

​Those quotes put it in a nutshell. Petrie screwed up BIG TIME in appointing Calderwood. He should have gone then, but stayed on - as chairman/CEO, in other words, the Big Boss.

Then he expects us to believe that he has no input or say in the appointment of Calderwood's successor. Aye, right!

Scott Lindsay and the board might have chosen Pat Fenlon and put his name forward, but Petrie would have been the guy who confirmed the appointment, presumably after consulting Farmer (providing, of course, Farmer's still interested enough in the club to want to know).

I'm not surprised PF has resigned - the stuff being posted on here was enough to turn anyone off, deserved or otherwise - but he's not the only person responsible for the state of the club right now. PETRIE has presided over the steady decline of Hibernian since the moment he took the chair. Right now the club is a joke - trust me, I meet Rangers. Celtic, Motherwell, Airdrie, even Albion Rivers fans regularly, and they all grin all over their faces when they see me. "How's that team of yours? Har-har-de-har-har ...."

Right now I feel as if I have no team. Petrie has reduced the club to a laughing stock. He's been responsible for the appointment of how many managers? And how many of those were successful according to any reasonable meaning of the word? So we have a beautiful stadium and a great training ground? Big Furry Deal. Those mean nothing without a decent team on the pitch and a good feeling among the fans on match-days. Who ENJOYS being a Hibee these days?

If Petrie and his board are still here to appoint yet another manager to fit in with their ideas and priorities, it'll be just another rotation on the downward spiral that Hibs have been on since Petrie took over.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing has changed, and nothing will change until Petrie has gone and Farmer as well.

Bad cess to both of them. :brickwall

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
I see the no vote is creeping up! unbelievable! :confused:

Do you really want to carry on with this idiot on the board?

Beats me how easy we are and just follow mediocrity like sheep!

--------
02-11-2013, 11:48 AM
I see the no vote is creeping up! unbelievable! :confused:

Do you really want to carry on with this idiot on the board?

Beats me how easy we are and just follow mediocrity like sheep!

Makes me wonder exactly who's all registered on this forum ... :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Makes me wonder exactly who's all registered on this forum ... :agree:

Seems like it's just another yam conspiracy then Doddie :wink:

neil7908
02-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Why do you think success only comes at a price? ICT, Motherwell, St J have all punched above their weight with no resources. All Hibs fans are asking for is to punch TO our weight. At this time, with the Huns and Yams out the way, that means finals, trophies and Europe - not bottom 6, crap football and getting pumped by the BDO Under 20s.

And the Board's job is not to appoint managers that the fans want. If they did, that in itself is a sign of weak management. They get well paid to appoint a manager who can do the job well. That's why they get paid and we don't.

I don't care if Mogga and McLeish appointments were lucky or inspired. They just need to start getting the important decisions right.

Agree with everything in this post 100%.

Nailrod
02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately Pat wasn't one of his signings though.Why would anybody with half a brain think it a good thing that the most powerful individual at the club knows so little about football that he had to disqualify himself from the single most important decision that a club ever has to take, having made a pig's ear of it on the last four occasions?

Paisley Hibby
02-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Why would anybody with half a brain think it a good thing that the most powerful individual at the club knows so little about football that he had to disqualify himself from the single most important decision that a club ever has to take, having made a pig's ear of it on the last four occasions?

I don't get this at all. Other clubs are going to the wall - Huns, Yams, Pars (and probably Killie next). So who would you rather see in charge at Hibs - Petrie or BDO?

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't get this at all. Other clubs are going to the wall - Huns, Yams, Pars (and probably Killie next). So who would you rather see in charge at Hibs - Petrie or BDO?

So are these the only options these days? :brickwall

Saorsa
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
So are these the only options these days? :brickwallYou must ken that by now, if Petrie goes we'll be doomed and bust. :agree: You have tae wonder how we still have any other teams tae play when they dinnae have him tae help them out, particularly with the appointment of their managers. Think some folk have been reading too much maggie thatcher, T I N A

Paisley Hibby
02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
So are these the only options these days? :brickwall

Didn't mean that to be taken literally. What I mean is that it's thanks to Petrie's management that we are safe from the likes of BDO. And as well as that, he's developed the club in a whole load of ways that we can be proud of. We just need to get the manager right - and that's not Petrie's job. What Petrie IS responsible for he's doing really well for us.

Pete
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Farmer wants Petrie x 100.

What's the alternative to Sir Tom?

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Didn't mean that to be taken literally. What I mean is that it's thanks to Petrie's management that we are safe from the likes of BDO. And as well as that, he's developed the club in a whole load of ways that we can be proud of. We just need to get the manager right - and that's not Petrie's job. What Petrie IS responsible for he's doing really well for us.

Nobody has a crap without him sanctioning it first.

Saorsa
02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Didn't mean that to be taken literally. What I mean is that it's thanks to Petrie's management that we are safe from the likes of BDO. And as well as that, he's developed the club in a whole load of ways that we can be proud of. We just need to get the manager right - and that's not Petrie's job. What Petrie IS responsible for he's doing really well for us.So it wisnae Petrie that appointed any of these managers, he's either sacked or who have walked? :faf:

Nailrod
02-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Didn't mean that to be taken literally. What I mean is that it's thanks to Petrie's management that we are safe from the likes of BDO. And as well as that, he's developed the club in a whole load of ways that we can be proud of. We just need to get the manager right - and that's not Petrie's job. What Petrie IS responsible for he's doing really well for us.Give me twelve million quids worth of free money and I absolutely guarantee to you that I will put any club in Scotland bar one - so that includes our jambo neighbours - on a 'sound financial footing'. And in the case of the SPL I fancy I could do it without turning any of them into bottom six fodder.

Liberal Hibby
02-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Give me twelve million quids worth of free money and I absolutely guarantee to you that I will put any club in Scotland bar one - so that includes our jambo neighbours - on a 'sound financial footing'. And in the case of the SPL I fancy I could do it without turning any of them into bottom six fodder.

That's just bollocks.

Malthibby
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Need a viable alternative before RP is replaced.

Albion Hibs
02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I voted no, in doing so I reference the two threads on .net have have the most views and posts - the hearts and rangers administration etc threads, further supplemented by the one on Dunfermline.

whiskyhibby
02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Petrie will be here longer than most people hope for and I for one am glad of that

Nailrod
02-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Petrie will be here longer than most people hope for and I for one am glad of thatI think you can assert with a fair degree of confidence that he'll be here longer than our next five managers.

skipster7
02-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Apparently its unbelievable that people have voted for Petrie in this poll, got to laugh really.

RIP Bestie
06-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Thats great, we have had 7 years of poor to proper dirge, and i have spent thousands watching that. I decide that enough is enough, and now i'm not allowed an opinion?

And i will continue with the criticism or praise whenever i see fit, neither you or anyone else will stop me.
Define "supporter". Here's a bit of information for you, if you paid for the privilege of criticising or praising your opinion may be worth something. Other than that I'd rather hear the opinions of the real supporters of this club and not your assumptions that everyone else is "deluded" if their opinion doesn't suit you

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Define "supporter". Here's a bit of information for you, if you paid for the privilege of criticising or praising your opinion may be worth something. Other than that I'd rather hear the opinions of the real supporters of this club and not your assumptions that everyone else is "deluded" if their opinion doesn't suit you

Stick me on ignore then and do us both a favour.

RIP Bestie
06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Stick me on ignore then and do us both a favour.
I'll decide

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll decide

Well you better get used to reading my posts then. :faf:

Golden Bear
06-11-2013, 01:35 PM
It would be helpful if he could keep his nose out of the real fitba' business (such as Managerial appointments) but over the piece I think he can be happy with his overall contribution to Hibernian FC.

We could have done worse (a lot worse) so I'll pass on this particular poll.

RIP Bestie
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Well you better get used to reading my posts then. :faf:

:faf: WTF????

WestEndHibee
06-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Give me twelve million quids worth of free money and I absolutely guarantee to you that I will put any club in Scotland bar one - so that includes our jambo neighbours - on a 'sound financial footing'. And in the case of the SPL I fancy I could do it without turning any of them into bottom six fodder.

This thread is beyond ridiculous now. This 12 million you talk of, is this the money made from transfers? I think you're a bit mistaken if you think it comes free. Lets not forget who actually made us this money! RP got pelters from the media for turning down £3 million joint deal for KT and SB, 6 months later he had made roughly £6.4 million with more to follow subject to performance. This coming from players who had handed in transfer requests (which can really devalue a player). Petrie is renowned for being a tough negotiator (sometimes to his detriment) and has made Hibs a lot of money that another chairmen would not have the ability to make.

You sound a bit like Mad Vlad rocking up claiming he can make Hearts Champions League winners using money that didn't even exist.

Its not his financial management that's in question, its more his football decisions. I'd be more than happy with Petrie in charge if we could get a footballing director in to make the footballing decisions.

IWasThere2016
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Just added my 'yes' vote .. nae sign of Darlington answering me above though :cb

The Modfather
06-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Petrie is renowned for being a tough negotiator (sometimes to his detriment) and has made Hibs a lot of money that another chairmen would not have the ability to make. .

Pure conjecture on your part. He deserves credit (as does, if not more so, Collins) for the money we made, but lets not pretend he can turn water into wine. The truth is there's people out there in the business world who can do what Rod has done, and maybe even do it better than him. That's not to say he does't deserve credit, but lets not pretend he is some sort of visionary doing what no one else in business has done before.

greenpaper55
06-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I just heard a wee bit on the BBC radio which said that John Collins suggested that TB could be a success at Hibs if he gets "no interference from above", wonder what he meant ?. I think Collins is part of the commentary team on the Beeb tonight so maybe we will hear more then ?.

jakeshibs
06-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Can't join in on this one. Has his faults but overall he does a good job.

:top marks

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2013, 02:34 PM
i would like to retract my 'YES' vote...to a 'NO' vote :)

should just about level the voting at 50%

wpj
06-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Voted no, if he were to go I would need to be totally convinced of the plans both on and off the pitch for Hibernian FC for whoever comes in to replace him.

Mikey
06-11-2013, 02:59 PM
It's a shame that so few have voted on this. Just over 300 have done so but 668 members (as of right now) have viewed the thread.

If you've got an opinion on it then give it :greengrin

Billy Whizz
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
It's a shame that so few have voted on this. Just over 300 have done so but 668 members (as of right now) have viewed the thread.

If you've got an opinion on it then give it :greengrin

Mikey, can't vote on my phone

Stevie Reid
06-11-2013, 03:05 PM
No from me. I can understand why he made the appointments that he did, and they've all been backed really well. He's far from perfect (the whole Calderwood 'bag of sweeties' nonsense and the daft statement around that time were ridiculous), but not calling for change.

pontius pilate
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Can't vote using my phone however I would've voted yes time for him to go.Time for new innovative ideas and fresh younger blood with fresh young new ideas to carry OUR club forward. The managerial disappointments aside this 5 year plan and targets etc etc why not tell us the people who spend thousands on the club what they are the lack of communication is deafening at times. Back to the managerial side if he stays he must stay out of the football side and let the manager have carte Blanche over all aspects of the footballing side

DarlingtonHibee
06-11-2013, 03:31 PM

If you are an FD- would you touch Hibs with a barge poll ?

WestEndHibee
06-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Pure conjecture on your part. He deserves credit (as does, if not more so, Collins) for the money we made, but lets not pretend he can turn water into wine. The truth is there's people out there in the business world who can do what Rod has done, and maybe even do it better than him. That's not to say he does't deserve credit, but lets not pretend he is some sort of visionary doing what no one else in business has done before.

Yeh that should have said "football chairman" and "might not have been able to make". I agree that there are business men out there who could probably do even more of a job business wise. However I believe that in the footballing world, especially Scottish Football, we have a real asset in business terms and if he were to go (depending on our selection process) we would have quite a slim chance of the new guy being better. Granted its not an impossible chance by some way but a slim one.

When you look at other fees paid to scottish clubs for top assets, its remarkable how much Hibs made.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Now more votes for him to stay than there is for him to go!

It was 60-40% in favour of him leaving a couple of days ago.

Very surprised by the outcome of this poll.

hhibs
06-11-2013, 05:34 PM

Same here,well at least till the next time.

J-C
06-11-2013, 09:46 PM

Think trying to get Butcher may have something to do with this.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Think trying to get Butcher may have something to do with this.

It's what happens after the manager is appointed that is the problem, not the actual appointment itself, in my opinion anyway.

There is a recurring theme happening here and it all points back to the board and, as chairman of that board, Rod Petrie is ultimately responsible.

GreenOnions
06-11-2013, 11:25 PM

Yes, well it's always easy to criticise but when people are also asked to consider whether there are any better alternative solutions sometimes opinions change.

I don't think Rod's got everything right. I think the appointments of Williamson, Calderwood and Fenlon were not the right calls at the time and I also think (unlike most supporters at the time) that Mixu should have been given more time. I'd also like more information about whether or not we could have pushed the boat out a little more for this player or that player. However, we are in a stronger position that almost any of our rivals should the right manager be appointed to benefit from the foundations that have been laid. Overall he has done well for the club I think.

KWJ
07-11-2013, 01:37 AM
It's a no from me. Think that overall he's been doing a good job and the managers have been given an opportunity, it's just been unfortunate that a few haven't worked out as we'd have hoped. Hopefully El Tel does.

A turnaround is required to get the fans behind the team on a fortnightly basis at ER and with that we could have some success. Patience, support and the rub of the green when required.

And then a couple of years down the line he moves somewhere bigger (maybe not with him in fairness) and it's back to the drawing board.

Fitba!

Dashing Bob S
07-11-2013, 04:55 AM
It's a no from me. Think that overall he's been doing a good job and the managers have been given an opportunity, it's just been unfortunate that a few haven't worked out as we'd have hoped. Hopefully El Tel does.

A turnaround is required to get the fans behind the team on a fortnightly basis at ER and with that we could have some success. Patience, support and the rub of the green when required.

And then a couple of years down the line he moves somewhere bigger (maybe not with him in fairness) and it's back to the drawing board.

Fitba!

I think it would be utter folly to get rid of Petrie who has done a magnificent job at Hibs. In difficult economic times I feel better knowing that the club is under the custodianship of somebody with his track record.

But keep him away from footballing matters. On that side he's been a dismal failure other than lucking out with Mowbray.

If any club needed a Director of football then it's Hibs. But to get rid of Petrie would be to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Yes, sometimes men like him need reminded that it's about what happens on the park, not on the balance sheet. But conversely fans like us need protected from our own impulse that more and better at all costs is everything. Otherwise you end up with no future or even losing your club.

hibbymick
07-11-2013, 05:12 AM
I think it would be utter folly to get rid of Petrie who has done a magnificent job at Hibs. In difficult economic times I feel better knowing that the club is under the custodianship of somebody with his track record.

But keep him away from footballing matters. On that side he's been a dismal failure other than lucking out with Mowbray.

If any club needed a Director of football then it's Hibs. But to get rid of Petrie would be to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Yes, sometimes men like him need reminded that it's about what happens on the park, not on the balance sheet. But conversely fans like us need protected from our own impulse that more and better at all costs is everything. Otherwise you end up with no future or even losing your club.

Am i right in thinking that Butcher is also the director of football at Inverness Caley ?

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 05:27 AM
If you are an FD- would you touch Hibs with a barge poll ?

Is that the best you can do for an apology? :faf:

IF? :faf: I've been a FD since 2006 - I was the youngest in my Sector in the country when appointed :wink:

Given the club's performance since 2007, I'd suggest it would be an ideal time for someone to come in and lift things. I suspect RP and STF know this too, and hence I believe RP will try to go out on a high whenever that may be next :wink:

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Is that the best you can do for an apology? :faf:

IF? :faf: I've been a FD since 2006 - I was the youngest in my Sector in the country when appointed :wink:

Given, the club's performance since 2007, I'd suggest it would be an ideal time for someone to come in and lift things. I suspect RP and STF know this too, and hence I believe RP will try to go out on a high whenever that may be next :wink:

STF has always said he will move on when someone comes to him with a business model that secures the long term future of our club.

Don't see a queue of people offering to do that ?

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 06:46 AM
STF has always said he will move on when someone comes to him with a business model that secures the long term future of our club.

Don't see a queue of people offering to do that ?

That's a very different thing to the subject of RP's leadership. Loyalty can be blind - I'd suggest that's where STF is.

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2013, 06:57 AM
That's a very different thing to the subject of RP's leadership. Loyalty can be blind - I'd suggest that's where STF is.

I'm sure if STF read's this he will take your comments on board.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Wow, you really are touchy.

You want an apology because someone called you an "expert"?

You're no more an expert on Hibs matters than anyone else regardless on how much you blow your own trumpet or how big the turnover of the company you work for is.

You've just got an opinion like everyone else.

Onion
07-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Clearly 7 years of horrendous football, poor manager appointments and terrible decisions not worthy of a Chief Executive are just not enough for some. More punishment please.

On a separate point, Butcher holds all the cards in his negotiations with Petrie. Petrie needs to deliver TB, but TB doesn't need Hibs. Because of the pressure on RP, this one's also going to cost the club more than it should.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Wow, you really are touchy.

You want an apology because someone called you an "expert"?

You're no more an expert on Hibs matters than anyone else regardless on how much you blow your own trumpet or how big the turnover of the company you work for is.

You've just got an opinion like everyone else.

Absolutely correct - making the cheap jibe from someone who does't know me uncalled for, unneccessary and worthy of an apology IMHO :aok:

PS - Size matters :wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm sure if STF read's this he will take your comments on board.

I sincerely doubt he's even remotely interested - he'll be too busy cloning another 99 Rods :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 09:21 AM

Exactly my point about RP leaving on a high. The 40:60 against was when PF was here (and fresh after another Derby defeat I think).

A few days on, PF gone and the Derby not so fresh in the mind and talk of TB coming in and it's 50:50

Win a (THE!) cup and it will swing in RP's favour - significantly. Fans really are that fickle! :agree:

Clearly 7 years of horrendous football, poor manager appointments and terrible decisions not worthy of a Chief Executive are just not enough for some. More punishment please.

On a separate point, Butcher holds all the cards in his negotiations with Petrie. Petrie needs to deliver TB, but TB doesn't need Hibs. Because of the pressure on RP, this one's also going to cost the club more than it should.

Good pooints Onion.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Far too many "yam" undercover muppets voting on this thread

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 10:29 AM

It matters not one jot.

It's not like the result of the poll has any significance.

RIP
07-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Am i right in thinking that Butcher is also the director of football at Inverness Caley ?

The Football Director at Inverness is Graeme Bennett, a former player

The Executive Chairman Kenny Cameron is a talented businessman - event management IIRC

IMO the make up of a football club board should have these skillsets. Would save Rod having to go outside the club to the likes of Levein

flash
07-11-2013, 11:15 AM

Voting which way?

Leishy1995
07-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Can't vote on my phone, but I'd vote no. He shouldn't be making decisions on the football side. He's a greT accountant but nothing more.

southsider
07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
I think we let TB have TOTAL control over all football stuff within the club and Rod to bean-count and provide and much money as possible for him.

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM

Wow - loyalty can be blind ?

That were STF has gone wrong, if he had taken your comments on board he could have been a multi - millionaire, and even got a knighthood - but you can't beat an FD....

WestEndHibee
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM

It really spoils a witch hunt when the other villagers don't all grab their pitchforks! :wink:

WestEndHibee
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
The Football Director at Inverness is Graeme Bennett, a former player

The Executive Chairman Kenny Cameron is a talented businessman - event management IIRC

IMO the make up of a football club board should have these skillsets. Would save Rod having to go outside the club to the likes of Levein

:agree: IMO his is how a club should be made up. You need both skillsets but you also need a good understanding from both sides so that middle ground can be met.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Wow - loyalty can be blind ?

That were STF has gone wrong, if he had taken your comments on board he could have been a multi - millionaire, and even got a knighthood - but you can't beat an FD....

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2013, 03:30 PM

No worries - I'm sure you've got some filing to do.

Mikey
07-11-2013, 03:38 PM

No worries - I'm sure you've got some filing to do.

I have a feeling that you two aint going to agree. Wouldn't it be best just to leave it at that :wink:

Mikey
07-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Point out who they are and we'll sort them out.

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2013, 03:46 PM
I have a feeling that you two aint going to agree. Wouldn't it be best just to leave it at that :wink:

Mikey, good for me, but I won't have an office worker slagging off STR / RP, with no alternatives - as far as I'm corncerned I'm done

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Mikey, good for me, but I won't have an office worker slagging off STR / RP, with no alternatives - as far as I'm corncerned I'm done

Mikey, sorry quick re-phrase - not office worker - FD.

Keith_M
07-11-2013, 04:54 PM
I wasn't sure about which way to vote but if he manages to get Butcher in, it'll be a definite NO from me.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Yet there's another dig from elsewhere .. Wonder if I'd been pro-RP if my comments and insults would go unchecked.

#doublestandards :wink:

Sir David Gray
07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Exactly my point about RP leaving on a high. The 40:60 against was when PF was here (and fresh after another Derby defeat I think).

A few days on, PF gone and the Derby not so fresh in the mind and talk of TB coming in and it's 50:50

Win a (THE!) cup and it will swing in RP's favour - significantly. Fans really are that fickle! :agree:

It was 60-40 in favour of him going on Monday of this week.

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Can't vote on my phone, but I'd vote no. He shouldn't be making decisions on the football side. He's a greT accountant but nothing more.

I fully agree with Leishy. His role should be confined to money matters alone.

DarlingtonHibee
07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Yet there's another dig from elsewhere .. Wonder if I'd been pro-RP if my comments and insults would go unchecked.

#doublestandards :wink:

Lets call it a draw - we are both Hibs supporters

IWasThere2016
07-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Lets call it a draw - we are both Hibs supporters

I think I pummelled ye, and ye snatched a point with a dodgy offside 93rd minute deflected sklaff though! :wink: :greengrin :aok: