View Full Version : Attendance against Hearts

HappyHibby93
01-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Just curious as to what the attendance was on Wednesday? Didn't say on BBC

Keith_M
01-11-2013, 02:33 PM

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Just curious as to what the attendance was on Wednesday? Didn't say on BBC16,797, about 13,200 of them kicked in the teeth again.

HappyHibby93
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
16,797, about 13,200 of them kicked in the teeth again.

Okay doke, very true

Spike Mandela
01-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Just out of interest does anyone know how many games we have played since the new stand was built that actually needed the extra capacity it provided. Must be able to count it on one hand surely?

ehf
01-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Just out of interest does anyone know how many games we have played since the new stand was built that actually needed the extra capacity it provided. Must be able to count it on one hand surely?

None

Tynie01011973
01-11-2013, 05:16 PM

Pretty sure the East Stand has been sold out twice now - against the backdrop of having a hugely dissapointing team on the park to watch.

Also, ER seems to be the chosen neutral venue by SFA for Cup Semi's ( Hertz v ICT in consecutive years ), Diddy Cup Final for Raith v THE Tax Dodgers FC and occasional Scotland game so we are bringing in extra funds because we spent money on the infrastructure.

Most games tend to have bigger gaps in the Upper Tier of the FF Stand than the East Stand IMHO.

Hibs were more or less forced to build the new East Stand before the planning permission expired - as it was unlikely we would have got an extension period due to the new flats being built behind it.

Just need to get a successful team now !

:whistle:

Jack
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Pretty sure the East Stand has been sold out twice now - against the backdrop of having a hugely dissapointing team on the park to watch.

Also, ER seems to be the chosen neutral venue by SFA for Cup Semi's ( Hertz v ICT in consecutive years ), Diddy Cup Final for Raith v THE Tax Dodgers FC and occasional Scotland game so we are bringing in extra funds because we spent money on the infrastructure.

Most games tend to have bigger gaps in the Upper Tier of the FF Stand than the East Stand IMHO.

Hibs were more or less forced to build the new East Stand before the planning permission expired - as it was unlikely we would have got an extension period due to the new flats being built behind it.

Planning permissions could have easily been renewed or extended. The folk behind the stand would only have had grounds for objections if the plans for the stand were different from those already approved. Even then there's no certainty their objections would have been successful.

It was built when it was more because the recession had created a mini freak situation where steel was very cheap as was labour and building companies desperate for work.

Spike Mandela
01-11-2013, 05:51 PM

I know the East stand has been sold out a couple of times but was really asking how many times has the attendance been bigger than the previous stadium attendance which was 17,500 if memory serves?

The_Exile
01-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Not sure we've ever got over 17500 since the new stand? With regard to needing to build it, don't think we needed to build it, but as mentioned, planning permission was about to expire and the material costs were incredibly low at the time so it was a no brainer really. I think if we were to build it now it would cost a hell of a lot more than it cost when we did get it done.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Just a thought but I am guessing that Cup game revenue is not budgeted for? Does that mean that between the gate receipts and the TV money, we have the severance package for Pat Fenlon?

JeMeSouviens
01-11-2013, 06:17 PM
I know the East stand has been sold out a couple of times but was really asking how many times has the attendance been bigger than the previous stadium attendance which was 17,500 if memory serves?

Once. The "Vaz Te" derby.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2013, 06:39 PM

Unless it's six although you could always ask a Jambo to do it for you :greengrin

tamig
01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Just a thought but I am guessing that Cup game revenue is not budgeted for? Does that mean that between the gate receipts and the TV money, we have the severance package for Pat Fenlon?
He resigned.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2013, 08:42 PM
He resigned.

But in reality there must be a pay off in the background?

tamig
01-11-2013, 09:12 PM
But in reality there must be a pay off in the background?

Not necessarily. I guess we'll have to guess on that one but his contract was up at the end of this season in any case.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I know the East stand has been sold out a couple of times but was really asking how many times has the attendance been bigger than the previous stadium attendance which was 17,500 if memory serves?Think 17,500 is right. If the figures on the Hibs site are right then gone over that twice by a couple of hundred that I can see.