PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance of Failure

JCHibby
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Would other clubs accept the poor level of performance we have had to suffer over the last few years?

I step back and look at Sunderland as an example, Di Canio given money to spend, didn't work and support pretty quick to make the club aware this was not acceptable standards.

Do we as supporters accept the poor application and standards that have been set to easily?

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Would other clubs accept the poor level of performance we have had to suffer over the last few years?

I step back and look at Sunderland as an example, Di Canio given money to spend, didn't work and support pretty quick to make the club aware this was not acceptable standards.

Do we as supporters accept the poor application and standards that have been set to easily?

Yes it's the nature of football, expectation levels are rarely met never mind exceeded.

We may as well start singing "we're **** and we know we are!

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 03:21 PM

We'll only really know at the next home game. If there are still 9000 or so there then the board will see that as a green light to soldier on with Fenlon.

Craig_in_Prague
01-11-2013, 03:24 PM
No but the board does,
Coz we are 'on average' a mid table side, that's all our board expect.
Complete lack of vision, accountability and drive for reasonable entertainment and success, said for years Hibs are fur coat, no knickers. I.e we might look ok on the outside (nice stadium, training centre, good finance etc) but we are missing the basics, acceptable product on the pitch, no apparent scouting network, regression in youth players..

We are not hungry for success at the top, which leads all the way down.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
No but the board does,
Coz we are 'on average' a mid table side, that's all our board expect.
Complete lack of vision, accountability and drive for reasonable entertainment and success, said for years Hibs are fur coat, no knickers. I.e we might look ok on the outside (nice stadium, training centre, good finance etc) but we are missing the basics, acceptable product on the pitch, no apparent scouting network, regression in youth players..

We are not hungry for success at the top, which leads all the way down.

And fans dumb enough to keep paying for it all.

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM

When have we, or Sunderland, or Newcastle United, or Hearts ever been successful?

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Easy to critise, but do actually have any ideas on improving things ?

Stevie Reid
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
And fans dumb enough to keep paying for it all.

Are you including yourself in that, or having a pop at others?

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM

Nah, everyone is totally stumped on how things could be improved. If only there was something obvious the club could do today to make things better. Any ideas? Anyone?

LeithBoozy
01-11-2013, 03:37 PM

No they would not accept it, especially getting outfought by your biggest rivals every time you play them. If any manager cant get his team up for a derby, he should be shown the door. Almost every time we play the yams they seem to be more up for the game, Fenlon has brought us nothing but record breaking embarrassing results that no other club would accept, its a results driven business so why he is still here I don't know. :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Are you including yourself in that, or having a pop at others?

Absolutely including myself. I'm probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to saying I'm not going back then being there at the next game. Not this time though. I'm determined not to be made a fool of this time.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Nah, everyone is totally stumped on how things could be improved. If only there was something obvious the club could do today to make things better. Any ideas? Anyone?

So you don't have any ideas ?

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Absolutely including myself. I'm probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to saying I'm not going back then being there at the next game. Not this time though. I'm determined not to be made a fool of this time.

Don't go - your option not to support your club

Geo_1875
No they would not accept it, especially getting outfought by your biggest rivals every time you play them. If any manager cant get his team up for a derby, he should be shown the door. Almost every time we play the yams they seem to be more up for the game, Fenlon has brought us nothing but record breaking embarrassing results that no other club would accept, its a results driven business so why he is still here I don't know. :rolleyes:

That's because they are more up for it. They know that if they can beat Hibs their fans will accept mediocrity in all other things. I wouldn't accept that from Hibs.

Unfortunately, the board only care about financial results

Ozyhibby
So you don't have any ideas ?

You got me, I can't make out if your at the wind up or not. Good work.

Stevie Reid
01-11-2013, 03:46 PM

Fair enough. I'll be back no doubt, but it's far from an enticing prospect.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2013, 03:47 PM
You got me, I can't make out if your at the wind up or not. Good work.

No wind up - what would you change at Hibs ?

monktonharp
01-11-2013, 03:56 PM

yes, it is very easy to criticise, on the back of a bad result but many on here have done so on the back of victories. others have ,over the last 2 years tried to give the current manager a bit of leeway, dare I say encouragement but it has now got to breaking point and a large number will be voting by their feet. Rod Petrie may have been behind the most recent moves to try and bring fans closer to the club by having informal meetings/forums with selected groups. this is all very well, but not getting to the real problem and that is that very few Hibernian fans ever hear him ,or see him in front of the cameras explaining anything. he needs to come to the front, and tell us that the current board really are trying to take the club forward. we have waited for years, and we have been the laughing stock of certain members of the press, and many of the gorgie mob because we never turn up.

monktonharp
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
forget what I just said.FENLON SACKED

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Fair enough. I'll be back no doubt, but it's far from an enticing prospect.

Ha ha, thinking about going to Motherwell now.