PDA

View Full Version : Collum

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Got to be said it was so ironic that the same referee who had missed :rolleyes: two stick on Yam red cards in recent derbies was the one sending off James McPake on Wednesday. Given McPake was the victim in both the previous incidents must have been more than a little frustrating I would have thought.

HFC 0-7
01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
What are you saying? Mcpakes was a red definately.

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
What are you saying? Mcpakes was a red definately.

I am saying the same ref ignored 2 yam reds both against McPake and it was ironic he was the one sending him off. It was a red so were the other 2 which both happened in the first half in games we drew.

Holmesdale Hibs
01-11-2013, 12:21 PM
McPakes red card was so blatant, any ref would have given it.

Stevenson's lunge on McPake was bad, and a definite red, but IIRC, it wasn't right on front of the ref so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Can't remember the other 2 footer, when was it?

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 12:31 PM
McPakes red card was so blatant, any ref would have given it.

Stevenson's lunge on McPake was bad, and a definite red, but IIRC, it wasn't right on front of the ref so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Can't remember the other 2 footer, when was it?

Sorry he had a perfect view of Stevenson's one. The other one was Templeton kicking McPake a yard and a half from him.

Bighoose
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
The other thing that hacked me off about Collum's performance the other night was the amount of injury time.

What was it? A minute at the end of the first half and 3 minutes at then end of the second. That was after, 2-3 lengthy injury stoppages, a sending off and half a dozen substitutions. Not to mention him warning at least 5 hearts players for time wasting.

Probably was told by BBC Scotland they were running late for next programme, so cut down on injury time.

500miles
01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
He done well to ignore the two footed challenge, just as bad as McPake's, on Robertson by Hammill on 0.32 of the bbc highlights.

In the box, penalty and red card.

SkintHibby
01-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Here we go again (yawn).

Hibs getting beat was nothing to do with the ref ffs!!!

500miles
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Here we go again (yawn).

I would suggest that denying a penalty and keeping the opposition's best player on the pitch is a fairly influential decision.

SkintHibby
01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
I wondered how long it would take for the weekly pishy thread about the ref.

Collum is agood ref and done ok.

500miles
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
I wondered how long it would take for the weekly pishy thread about the ref.

Collum is agood ref and done ok.

Nothing you say in the rest of this thread can be taken seriously after the bit in bold.

SkintHibby
01-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Nothing you say in the rest of this thread can be taken seriously after the bit in bold.

Funny how people on here never complain about the refs when we win eh?

Thecat23
01-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Personally thought the ref had a good game. Wouldn't mind him being in charge of future derbies.

On a side note though, The 4th official is a die hard Jambo! He's a good lad though and I'd even be happy with him doing it as he's a very fair ref.

basehibby
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
The other thing that hacked me off about Collum's performance the other night was the amount of injury time.

What was it? A minute at the end of the first half and 3 minutes at then end of the second. That was after, 2-3 lengthy injury stoppages, a sending off and half a dozen substitutions. Not to mention him warning at least 5 hearts players for time wasting.

Probably was told by BBC Scotland they were running late for next programme, so cut down on injury time.

:agree: Just another in a long line of unprofessional wallopers to don the whistle in Scotland.

Decisions like that make no sense whatsoever and it's utterly astonishing that these guys who get paid c. £700 a game(!) can get these things SOOOO wrong with seemingly no comeback whatsoever.

The Yams' goal even came following some very dodgy refereeing - Collum gave them a very iffy looking free kick about 5 yards INSIDE their penalty area - then, along with his "assistant referee", completely ignored the Yams keeper taking the kick from 5 yards OUTSIDE the area!!! It maybe didn't seem that significant at the time but was mind-blowingly blatant cheating and less than a minute later the ball was in the back of our net - giving that 10 yards so amateurishly donated by the men in black enormous significance.

Things like that and glaringly obvious deficiencies in time added on don't even get a mention in the media though - so accustomed are we to amateuristic standards from the (very well paid) refereeing establishment in Scotland.

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Here we go again (yawn).

If you actually read the opening post there was no mention of him having anything to do with the result of this game however he has definitely affected the results of two other recent derbies and not in Hibs favour.

Stevie Reid
01-11-2013, 02:05 PM
If you actually read the opening post there was no mention of him having anything to do with the result of this game however he has definitely affected the results of two other recent derbies and not in Hibs favour.

:agree:

Just seems to be another of those Edinburgh derby things that never go in our favour. Those two reds and the Griffiths goal (not Collum, I know) not being awarded were big moments in the games last year.

SkintHibby
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
The thing is, I've been a supporter for a longgggggg time and the quality of refereeing in Scotland is undoubtedly a lot better than it used to be.

Also, there seems to be a lot less of the masonic, Rangers supporting refs going about these days.

I remember being told about Bobby Tait being invited to and being a speaker at Rangers do's whilst he was STILL a referee!!!

Don't care what anyone says but Willie Collum was good on Wednesday.:agree:

SkintHibby
01-11-2013, 02:16 PM

Apologies, I thought you were inferring that's the reason we lost the match.