PDA

View Full Version : Why the silence??

mcfly
01-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Yet again after yet another disgraceful result for our club silence from hibs fc.

Silence from the board, no leadership on the pitch.

I won't be back till there is change.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Maybe he's (Petrie) away hiding again or working on the flannel for another question and nae answer session

Wilson
01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Yet again after yet another disgraceful result for our club silence from hibs fc.

Business as usual. Game to prepare for and all that.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Would anything the board said be listened to let alone bought right now (if ever)?

That said communication was something we were told the board acknowledged they needed to address. So watch this space I'd imagine. I'd rather they got a coherent plan and statement rather than shooting from the hip which serves no one.

Re-timing of statements when was a statement on Malmö made?

Diclonius
01-11-2013, 08:13 AM
They're either preparing to make a statement regarding Fenlon's dismissal or going to the Winchester and waiting for all this to blow over.

Steve20
01-11-2013, 08:14 AM
There is no point in saying anything unless it's to say that Fenlon is gone. And I think that would have happened by now, if they were going to get rid of him.

1068gary
01-11-2013, 08:17 AM
What can they say, "We're 100% behind the manager, because we're too tight to pay him off until his contract expires" Why communicate with the fans?, all they want is our money!

SlickShoes
01-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Same as last time, silence is all we will get, Sunday's game will come and go and a new week will start with the same people in charge of the club and the same problems too.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
all they want is our money!

That ship has sailed for me until he's gone. Not a single penny more.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 08:35 AM
What can they say, "We're 100% behind the manager, because we're too tight to pay him off until his contract expires" Why communicate with the fans?, all they want is our money!Then they'll get their answer next time they ask!

Brightside
01-11-2013, 08:37 AM
He's going nowhere - therefore nothing to report or comment on via the board.

Gatecrasher
01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
They're either preparing to make a statement regarding Fenlon's dismissal or going to the Winchester and waiting for all this to blow over.

:thumbsup:

kennyh
01-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Same as last time, silence is all we will get, Sunday's game will come and go and a new week will start with the same people in charge of the club and the same problems too.

Agreed ~ but with less and less walk up fans and many ST holders not taking their seats this will be a disastrous season when in theory we should be looking ahead to a bright future. With PF in charge there is no light at the end of the tunnel, now is the time to change things and try and kick start the season or at least give us half a chance of beating them before they are relegated. How crap will it be if we fail to beat them in a year when they have the worst team ever put out against us and are certainties for life in the First Div for a year or two.

Moon unit
01-11-2013, 08:48 AM
It's all quiet on the Eastern front...General Petrie has begun his vow of silence,whilst Private Fenlon refuses to budge! Will Major Tom break ranks this time and flush them out of the bunker?...meanwhile the Hibs troops are waiting for change!!!!...in place of the white flag raised at 09:00 hrs on Wednesday,the Troops are waiting for the raising of the...:flag:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 08:52 AM
I know this will be unpopular, but i'd advocate a boycott of one match. Now personally i'm not bothering anymore now so its easy for me to say this.

Yet i have heard the arguments for and against this before, and understand why folk cant walk away.

What i'm suggesting is for one game, turning up giving blind faith is not working.

I'd make it a game where its televised, that would mean you could still see the game, but the ground would be empty.

The tv company would hate it, they would mention just why there had been a boycott and the board would hopefully be embarrassed by it.

Good idea or bad, i don't really know but what else can we do, turning up in huge numbers is certainly not working?

As i said before id does not affect me now, what do you folk who go every week rain or shine say?

Billy Whizz
01-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Maybe telling the players 1st.
When are they in this morning?

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 08:56 AM
When are they in this morning?Maybe having another day off? :dunno:

Pretty Boy
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Into the bunker until the storm blows over.

We are customers to the club, no more and no less.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2013, 08:58 AM

Not a chance. The only reason there is silence is because he's going nowhere.

JustSimplyHibs
01-11-2013, 09:00 AM
I know this will be unpopular, but i'd advocate a boycott of one match. Now personally i'm not bothering anymore now so its easy for me to say this.

Yet i have heard the arguments for and against this before, and understand why folk cant walk away.

What i'm suggesting is for one game, turning up giving blind faith is not working.

I'd make it a game where its televised, that would mean you could still see the game, but the ground would be empty.

The tv company would hate it, they would mention just why there had been a boycott and the board would hopefully be embarrassed by it.

Good idea or bad, i don't really know but what else can we do, turning up in huge numbers is certainly not working?

As i said before id does not affect me now, what do you folk who go every week rain or shine say?

It's been going on too long, therefore I'M in... although i would rather boycott ER and put the problem at East Mains... having a couple of thousand people attending EM rather than ER would cause problems to club officials, police and traffic congestion etc not only that but if you fancy a wee carry out while watching Hibs - naebody is gonna stop you... would give the youngsters a massive boost to see a couple of thousand folk backing them.

What the hell why not do both!!!!!

Hermit Crab
01-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Was told this morning there was talks that went on late last night with Petrie and Fenlol. Source someone who has a connection inside ER.

B.Wilson
01-11-2013, 09:08 AM

you only hear from them at the start of each season urging you to support the manager,support the team by buying a season ticket and then they fall silent until the next big game when you are urged to buy a ticket,support the team etc,

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Was told this morning there was talks that went on late last night with Petrie and Fenlol. Source someone who has a connection inside ER.Hopefully they were discussing who was going tae hold the door open for who on the way out.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Hopefully they were discussing who was going tae hold the door open for who on the way out.

Heres hoping DD. However sacking him today won't make me go to Motherwell.

smurf
01-11-2013, 09:19 AM
No need for a boycott as it is already started. Existing season ticket holders handing it back and many more letting it be known they won't be back.

I myself was a season ticket holder for 19 years and didn't renew this year. I find our style of playing the game brutal to watch and as the results confirm it isn't even effective.

Last season was all about the brilliance of Leigh Griffiths creating goals out of nothing. Note how very few of his goals was on the end of a passing movement....

The club are silent because they've nothing to say and are bereft of leadership starting at the very top.

I'm glad though that apathy is at long last being replaced by anger within the support.

Moulin Yarns
01-11-2013, 09:21 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, the next home game scheduled to be televised is the New Year Derby. Now wouldn't that look good/bad depending on your point of view.

bingo70
01-11-2013, 09:22 AM

Nelson said on Twitter that gym work done now got rest of the day to himself, if they were told fenlon was away I doubt he'd have tweeted that.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Nelson said on Twitter that gym work done now got rest of the day to himself, if they were told fenlon was away I doubt he'd have tweeted that.

Is he not back home doing his rehabilitation

SlickShoes
01-11-2013, 09:25 AM

He's injured and not in training with the team, the doctors only told him yesterday he can start training himself, so I assume he was just doing a normal gym session local to where he is.

The Modfather
01-11-2013, 09:28 AM

What about a protest for the first 20 or so minutes of the match, wait outside, then all go in. Sure I've read about teams doing that on the continent (or I'm more than likely slavering). That way there's a clear message being conveyed while the folk that don't agree with a boycot can still attend the game.

tamig
01-11-2013, 09:30 AM

You really expect a Board statement every time we get beat?

Onion
01-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Was told this morning there was talks that went on late last night with Petrie and Fenlol. Source someone who has a connection inside ER.

Wouldn't surprise me. Hibs always do things by the book so unless Fenlon walks away, Petrie will be negotiating a severance/mutual consent deal.

Petrie and his expensive personal PR machine will also be figuring how they can distance Petrie from this latest failed appointment and how to save Petrie's neck. This Calderdud II.

Onion
01-11-2013, 09:34 AM
You really expect a Board statement every time we get beat?

What ?

tamig
01-11-2013, 09:37 AM
What ?
re-read the OP and my reply. Why would there be anything other than silence? Unless it was to announce PFs departure. :rolleyes:

bingo70
01-11-2013, 09:38 AM
He's injured and not in training with the team, the doctors only told him yesterday he can start training himself, so I assume he was just doing a normal gym session local to where he is.

If the players were getting told he was away I'm sure he would have been called into the meeting.

IMO he isn't going anywhere, well not today anyway

bingo70
01-11-2013, 09:39 AM
re-read the OP and my reply. Why would there be anything other than silence? Unless it was to announce PFs departure. :rolleyes:

Because it was a significant defeat to our local rivals and caused a protest after the game.

This wasn't just losing any old game

GreenCastle
01-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Why the silence ?

Because they are clueless and out of touch with reality! :furious:

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2013, 09:42 AM
The board holding out for a paper over the cracks result against Motherwell no doubt.

matty_f
01-11-2013, 09:44 AM
The Chairman today apologised for the club's defeat in the Communities Cup and insisted this is a time to stick together. "Of course, we're all hurting in the wake of the defeat to Hearts on Wednesday night. It should be remembered that away from the result, the team dominated the game and on another night could have been toasting a comfortable and handsome victory."
"Pat Fenlon has our support, and we need everyone's support to get back on track for our next game against Motherwell on Sunday, in the SPFL."
"I understand the depth of the supporter's feelings, and I'm sorry that we have endured another disappointment. Nobody wants to exit a cup competition, least of all to our city rivals."
"Together we are stronger, and I ask everyone to get behind the team and management."

**advert at foot of page for hospitality/half season tickets/etc**

There's absolutely no point in putting a statement out, unless it's telling us something has changed. The status quo is unacceptable. Out of the only cup we've entered this season to date, finished the first quarter of the season in a bottom 6 position, and playing the sort of football that would turn you to Saturday shopping instead. We've not moved on from last season, if anything it feels like we're going backwards. I can't remember a manager that's survived so many embarrassing results in such a short period of time.

When was the last time we scored more than 2 goals in a top flight match?

The silence doesn't bother me other than it means nothing is changing. I don't want to hear a statement designed to pacify us. Just f***ing sort it, Hibs.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 09:51 AM
The Chairman today apologised for the club's defeat in the Communities Cup and insisted this is a time to stick together. "Of course, we're all hurting in the wake of the defeat to Hearts on Wednesday night. It should be remembered that away from the result, the team dominated the game and on another night could have been toasting a comfortable and handsome victory."
"Pat Fenlon has our support, and we need everyone's support to get back on track for our next game against Motherwell on Sunday, in the SPFL."
"I understand the depth of the supporter's feelings, and I'm sorry that we have endured another disappointment. Nobody wants to exit a cup competition, least of all to our city rivals."
"Together we are stronger, and I ask everyone to get behind the team and management."

There's absolutely no point in putting a statement out, unless it's telling us something has changed. The status quo is unacceptable. Out of the only cup we've entered this season to date, finished the first quarter of the season in a bottom 6 position, and playing the sort of football that would turn you to Saturday shopping instead. We've not moved on from last season, if anything it feels like we're going backwards. I can't remember a manager that's survived so many embarrassing results in such a short period of time.

The silence doesn't bother me other than it means nothing is changing. I don't want to hear a statement designed to pacify us. Just f***ing sort it, Hibs.

Thought that was real for a minute. Nearly horsed the iPhone out the car window.

smurf
01-11-2013, 10:28 AM

Well said.

However, if the board are still clinging to the belief that Fenlon is the man to sort it then they really are a not fit for purpose board. They need to get their heads out of the sand and terminate this absolute disaster and appoint - even if only on an initial short term basis - a manager to get the best out of these players, who on SPL terms, has been a not insignificant investment.

The Falcon
01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Was McPake not slated for avoiding folk on Wednesday night but given pelters for being on Twitter the next day?

matty_f
01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Well said.

However, if the board are still clinging to the belief that Fenlon is the man to sort it then they really are a not fit for purpose board. They need to get their heads out of the sand and terminate this absolute disaster and appoint - even if only on an initial short term basis - a manager to get the best out of these players, who on SPL terms, has been a not insignificant investment.

:agree:

I can't think what purpose refraining from making the change now would serve. Fenlon's patently not going to have his contract extended (one would hope, at least) so why delay it? It makes the rest of this season a complete waste of everyone's time, effort, and money.

Get the new manager in now, give him time to assess the squad and identify targets for the upcoming transfer window, and give us a chance of finishing on a high.

All that postponing that process does is further alienate an already disengaged support, make attending Easter Road an uncomfortable experience for everyone involved (let's face it, none of us want to watch what we're seeing presently, we don't want to hear the abuse towards players/managers/the board/other fans, we don't want to see protests), and has a real danger of hampering the new manager's budget because people simply won't renew their season tickets to watch another season of this garbage.

There is no good reason (that I can see) for not making the change, and in that case there is no reason not to make the decision now.

smurf
01-11-2013, 10:54 AM
:agree:

I can't think what purpose refraining from making the change now would serve. Fenlon's patently not going to have his contract extended (one would hope, at least) so why delay it? It makes the rest of this season a complete waste of everyone's time, effort, and money.

Get the new manager in now, give him time to assess the squad and identify targets for the upcoming transfer window, and give us a chance of finishing on a high.

All that postponing that process does is further alienate an already disengaged support, make attending Easter Road an uncomfortable experience for everyone involved (let's face it, none of us want to watch what we're seeing presently, we don't want to hear the abuse towards players/managers/the board/other fans, we don't want to see protests), and has a real danger of hampering the new manager's budget because people simply won't renew their season tickets to watch another season of this garbage.

There is no good reason (that I can see) for not making the change, and in that case there is no reason not to make the decision now.

Spot on. Rod is no idiot. He must surely recognise this?

Billy Whizz
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Spot on. Rod is no idiot. He must surely recognise this?

Maybe trying to line someone up, before Fenlon departs

smurf
01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Maybe trying to line someone up, before Fenlon departs

I think it is wrong if Pat takes another game as our manager. But I hope you are right.

Moulin Yarns
01-11-2013, 11:33 AM
:tin hat:

I know of a manager who had his team 11th, 2nd, 11th and 13th in his first 4 seasons in charge, and he wasn't sacked despite the fans calling for his head on the block

manager (http://www.mufcinfo.com/manupag/managers/mangers_pages/ferguson_alex.html)

:devil:

Treadstone
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
:tin hat:

I know of a manager who had his team 11th, 2nd, 11th and 13th in his first 4 seasons in charge, and he wasn't sacked despite the fans calling for his head on the block

manager (http://www.mufcinfo.com/manupag/managers/mangers_pages/ferguson_alex.html)

:devil:

Can't remember PF winning the cup winners cup against Real Madrid.

Keith_M
01-11-2013, 11:50 AM
It's called keeping your head down and hope it all blows over.

I for one hope it doesn't blow over. I'm actually really frustrated that I'm unable to do anything because of geographical remoteness. I'd love to at least make my voice heard.

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM

Why not? We never hear anything from the board at all these days, even when they appoint a new manager, it's along the lines of: 'Hibernian are proud to announce the appointment of Pat Fenlon as manager of the club,'

They've long lost any interest they had, but don't seem to want to step aside, or more accurately, there is nobody to pick up the reigns.

Beefster
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Can't remember PF winning the cup winners cup against Real Madrid.

Ferguson earned a bit of space and time with a second place finish in his first full season too. Fenlon finished seventh.