PDA

View Full Version : Start all over again

rcarter1
31-10-2013, 08:36 PM
....what do you do next?

I think at last there is enough people resigned to the fact that Fenlon isnt the answer. The board as well have demonstrated complete incompetence in guiding the club for the last 5 or 6 years. I honestly would prefer it for Farmer to liquidate the club, and we started from absolute scratch, than scrape on as we are.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I think at last there is enough people resigned to the fact that Fenlon isnt the answer. The board as well have demonstrated complete incompetence in guiding the club for the last 5 or 6 years. I honestly would prefer it for Farmer to liquidate the club, and we started from absolute scratch, than scrape on as we are.

Deary me.

woody0-7
31-10-2013, 08:40 PM

Scary!

nonshinyfinish
31-10-2013, 08:53 PM

Aye, of course you would.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2013, 08:56 PM

Liquidate the Club? Interesting concept:devil:

Carheenlea
31-10-2013, 09:05 PM

:hilarious

Bronson
31-10-2013, 09:13 PM

What a ridiculous post, you'd rather throw away 140 years of history and start again scrapping in the lower divisions with no garuntee of making it back than to try and work things out?

I'm seriously struggling to work out if that is serious or a wind-up, lost for words at how over-the-top that is.

Plus i fail to see how that scenario would improve anything.

sleeping giant
31-10-2013, 09:49 PM

You CAN'T be serious. Has someone hacked your account?

McHibby
01-11-2013, 01:50 AM

I am almost glad that you posted this. Because as gutted as I am about Hibs at the moment, I would never want them not to be here. This comment has put things into perspective for me. Yes, we're mince. And yes it's soul destroying to go through this season after season. But yes, I would choose scraping on as we are over liquidation.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 01:51 AM

giggle giggle :faf:

matty_f
01-11-2013, 01:57 AM

Never post on an empty head.

rcarter1
01-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Never post on an empty head.

This is about where Im at. Understand the responses to my somewhat reactionary comment. The sentiment behind it is that we seem to have got to a point where from top down the club could do with a clean slate. My head is empty as to how to achieve that without drastic measures. But for the record I absolutely dont want Hibs to cease to exist, just that the current existence is so bogging. :ill:

Beefster
01-11-2013, 06:49 AM

When the missus overlooks the steak, I'm all for getting a divorce, putting the kids up for adoption and selling the dug before starting all over again so I totally get where you're coming from.

Mr White
01-11-2013, 07:11 AM
When the missus overlooks the steak, I'm all for getting a divorce, putting the kids up for adoption and selling the dug before starting all over again so I totally get where you're coming from.

:tee hee:

rcarter1
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM

Well once would be forgivable. Repeatedly overlooked steaks and I am heading straight to my lawyer. :greengrin

jakeshibs
01-11-2013, 07:48 AM

WTF you are kidding

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2013, 07:57 AM

Surely only a Yam could spin liquidation as a GOOD idea?

rcarter1
01-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Surely only a Yam could spin liquidation as a GOOD idea?

Ach, Im as well putting my head on the block. It was a sh*te comment, but the sentiment still holds. Major restructure of the club required. Unless we buy the club ourselves, which would take years, Im not sure how we get a new board/management in if they refuse to budge.

southsider
01-11-2013, 08:09 AM

We dont have to liquidate. Farmer and Petrie just walk away and we live within our means (just as now) but we get people on the board that understand football and understand the fans. If they all left tomorrow i would not be soon enough.

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
We dont have to liquidate. Farmer and Petrie just walk away and we live within our means (just as now) but we get people on the board that understand football and understand the fans. If they all left tomorrow i would not be soon enough.
Here here great post!! Forever greatful to STF for saving us in our hour of need...but we are now going backwards under him and Petrie...time for change

rcarter1
01-11-2013, 08:36 AM

That would be ideal, but I presume we are needing a buyer, and thats what Im less confident about. I would pay a small monthly sum to aim for a part fan owned situation, on the understanding that it would take quite a few years.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 08:46 AM
I think at last there is enough people resigned to the fact that Fenlon isnt the answer. The board as well have demonstrated complete incompetence in guiding the club for the last 5 or 6 years. I honestly would prefer it for Farmer to liquidate the club, and we started from absolute scratch, than scrape on as we are.http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/crazycraker42069/crack_pipe.jpg

Treadstone
01-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Some admins must be yams. Needless threads created and others thrown together are truly head scratching at times.

I despair.

Sudds_1
01-11-2013, 08:53 AM

If she did, that would be your fault mate......................

................mine's too well trained now to forget the steak :cb:greengrin:devil:

#FromTheCapital
01-11-2013, 08:54 AM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/crazycraker42069/crack_pipe.jpg

:faf::faf::faf:

rcarter1
01-11-2013, 08:58 AM
If she did, that would be your fault mate......................

................mine's too well trained now to forget the steak :cb:greengrin:devil:

When it comes to the missus thats standard policy. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2013, 08:59 AM

Are you letting disappointment cloud your thinking. I don't think there's much logic in what you say.

southsider
01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
That would be ideal, but I presume we are needing a buyer, and thats what Im less confident about. I would pay a small monthly sum to aim for a part fan owned situation, on the understanding that it would take quite a few years.

Why should we need a buyer ? He has enough money (£80m ?). Just leave us too it. We have good people, real supporters with enough finnancial brains for us to live within our means but can attract a proper manager who would never work under Petrie.

B.Wilson
01-11-2013, 09:38 AM

ok we are pish but that is bollocks,