PDA

View Full Version : Levein reveals just how much he hates the Hibs....

WellingtonHibby
01-11-2013, 12:44 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/levein-reveals-he-helped-pat-fenlon-get-hibs-job-1-3168397:rolleyes:

Baader
01-11-2013, 12:56 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/levein-reveals-he-helped-pat-fenlon-get-hibs-job-1-3168397:rolleyes:

Any recommendation from Potter should have been endorsement enough to stay well clear...

McHibby
01-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Scenario: Hibs are at the stage of considering candidates for the manager's position, and want further information about one of them.
And some genius thought, "I know! I'll get the opinion of someone who has achieved the square root of ****-all in football, and whose blood flows with the colour of our arch rivals, and who has absolutely zero professional knowledge about the candidate in question having never worked with him, ever".

Great.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Scenario: Hibs are at the stage of considering candidates for the manager's position, and want further information about one of them.
And some genius thought, "I know! I'll get the opinion of someone who has achieved the square root of ****-all in football, and whose blood flows with the colour of our arch rivals, and who has absolutely zero professional knowledge about the candidate in question having never worked with him, ever".

Great.

i heard LeVain on the radio driving in on wednesday night, and i read yesterday that it was him doing the SF draw at hampden y/day...i honestly just don't get it WHY !!!

McHibby
01-11-2013, 02:06 AM
i heard LeVain on the radio driving in on wednesday night, and i read yesterday that it was him doing the SF draw at hampden y/day...i honestly just don't get it WHY !!!

I honestly don't understand why. It's not even as if he's some sort of larger-than-life character or has a scintillating personality - the guy's voice could be utilized as a drug-less anesthetic for safer surgical procedures!

adhibs
01-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Why are hibs asking that useless hearts ****? Unbelievable

greenpaper55
01-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I see it was Agent Levein who had a hand in the appointment of PF !, i wonder who it was from Hibs that spoke to him ?.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/levein-reveals-he-helped-pat-fenlon-get-hibs-job-1-3168397

bawheid
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM
If this is true (big if btw) then the decision makers at Hibs need shot. Why would we ask a dyed in the wool, maroon blooded Hibs hater about what is good for Hibs?

Doesn't ring true to me, and probably more ****-stirring by the Bathgate led Hearts fanzine.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 08:17 AM
If this is true (big if btw) then the decision makers at Hibs need shot. Why would we ask a dyed in the wool, maroon blooded Hibs hater about what is good for Hibs?

Doesn't ring true to me, and probably more ****-stirring by the Bathgate led Hearts fanzine.It's been mentioned before and it was before that was printed.

bawheid
01-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Bizarre then.

Part/Time Supporter
01-11-2013, 09:09 AM

Doesn't ring true to me, and probably more ****-stirring by the Bathgate led Hearts fanzine.

Dundee United identified Fenlon as their preferred successor to Levein when he got the Scotland job, but they couldn't agree compensation with Bohemians. Levein was involved in that process. Petrie is SFA vice president and Levein was Scotland manager when the Hibs job last came up. It's fairly obvious that Petrie would have asked Levein about Fenlon given those connections.

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Dundee United identified Fenlon as their preferred successor to Levein when he got the Scotland job, but they couldn't agree compensation with Bohemians. Levein was involved in that process. Petrie is SFA vice president and Levein was Scotland manager when the Hibs job last came up. It's fairly obvious that Petrie would have asked Levein about Fenlon given those connections.asking that four eyed, jakey, yam tramp who was the worst Scotland manager in history for advice on who should be should get the Hibs managers job should be enough tae see him walk, beyond ****in' belief.

khib70
01-11-2013, 09:18 AM
It's hardly surprising, given the eye-bleeding similarity in the football their teams play. Potter clearly saw a man after his own heart there....

JustSimplyHibs
01-11-2013, 09:38 AM
I see it was Agent Levein who had a hand in the appointment of PF !, i wonder who it was from Hibs that spoke to him ?.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/levein-reveals-he-helped-pat-fenlon-get-hibs-job-1-3168397

They should be named and shamed!!!!!

That is an unforgivable act in my eyes, asking one of THEM for advice!!!! How low can this club go?

LeithBoozy
01-11-2013, 10:50 AM
I thought someone was at the wind-up, Craig ( no strikers) Levein recommended him because, wait for it, he was a character. f*&^%$£" well unbelievable, the directors or whoever approached him for advice, should be emptied out of ER forthwith. :confused:

BoltonHibee
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Its true unfortunately

adhibs
01-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Id woke up quite calm this morning and put Wednesday down as a freak result after watching the highlights. Thats ****in unbelievable though, petrie needs hung. No wonder the clubs a disgrace. Just shows how out of touch the board are

TowerHibs
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Its true unfortunately

:agree::agree:
i was told a while ago about Levein recommending Fenlon. Levein had Petrie's ear at the SFA and certainly got things rolling. I was told on here that i was talking nonsense but there you go.

Very worrying just out of touch RP seems to be with the supporters on so many things. Did he not watch hearts with CL about, does he not know what his footballing philosophy is compared to a "hibs" philosophy???

Another thing i heard about Levein is that a certain journo has information on him regarding his gambling expliots. CL's relationship with certain media went out the window and journo is now sitting on this story for a rainy day

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Petrie's office at Hampden was next door to Potter's. Potter's agent was also the same agent for Fenlon.....

Coincidental stuff:devil: Yet we are told RP never had a say in the appointment of PF:cb

Saorsa
01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Petrie's office at Hampden was next door to Potter's. Potter's agent was also the same agent for Fenlon.....

Coincidental stuff:devil: Yet we are told RP never had a say in the appointment of PF:cbI cannae believe anybody really believed that. Did they?

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I cannae believe anybody really believed that. Did they?

Nope......(I hope not)

silverhibee
01-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I wonder who recommended billy (dumbo) brown to Hibs. ?

IWasThere2016
01-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Coincidental stuff:devil: Yet we are told RP never had a say in the appointment of PF:cb

Yup - utter bollox!

Bostonhibby
01-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Levein hates Hibs?
It's mutual, and true of just about every other Scots teams fan I met when he was manager. Definitely something that united us. Best experience of that mutual dislike I had was with the hundred or so fans in belgium who stayed in the pub next to the ground singing anti levein songs but weren't going into games whilst he was manager.he is yam class and won't get another job unless its there.