PDA

View Full Version : First half performance

JimBHibees
31-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Wasnt at game last night (coach a kids team) watched the very disappointing second half on the box however just watched back the first half and to me that was as good as this team has played in ages. It was confident, full of pace and excellent movement and energy and exactly what we have been looking for IMO. Such a shame we didnt score when on top and the goal out of the blue undoubtedly changed the game. Our reaction was poor however there was to me alot of good things in that performance.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Wasnt at game last night (coach a kids team) watched the very disappointing second half on the box however just watched back the first half and to me that was as good as this team has played in ages. It was confident, full of pace and excellent movement and energy and exactly what we have been looking for IMO. Such a shame we didnt score when in top and the goal out of the blue undoubtedly changed the game. Our reaction was poor however there was to me alot of good things in that performance.

I think it disproves the recent fashion on here for the style to be more important than the result.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 07:33 PM
We were playing the worst and most inexperienced team in the SPL. One that Killie apparently should have horsed by about five goals on Saturday.

If we were turning in 26 minutes of that even semi-regularly against other teams, I'd buy into it meaning something but it doesn't.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I think it disproves the recent fashion on here for the style to be more important than the result.

I think folk wanted the performance for 90 minutes, not 26.

JimBHibees
31-10-2013, 07:34 PM

Especially against Hearts.

hibeedonald
31-10-2013, 07:38 PM
That's because IMO we have a much better team and some decent players, so naturally we dominated them. When they scored there was no plan B. The manager has to take responsibility for that, it's his job to get the best out of the players and he failed.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 07:40 PM
That's because IMO we have a much better team and some decent players, so naturally we dominated them. When they scored there was no plan B. The manager has to take responsibility for that, it's his job to get the best out of the players and he failed.again

lapsedhibee
31-10-2013, 07:40 PM
We were playing the worst and most inexperienced team in the SPL. One that Killie apparently should have horsed by about five goals on Saturday.

If we were turning in 26 minutes of that even semi-regularly against other teams, I'd buy into it meaning something but it doesn't.

What happened after 26 minutes? :confused: I saw us being totally dominant straight from kick off right up until Tattoo Man scored his freak goal at 34 mins. 34's not 90 anymore than 26 is, but people who're saying we were good for 20mins etc are wrong imo - it would be fairer to say most of the first half we were rampant. Yams were certainly pish, but we were definitely playing properly good fitba in the first half.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:41 PM
That's because IMO we have a much better team and some decent players, so naturally we dominated them. When they scored there was no plan B. The manager has to take responsibility for that, it's his job to get the best out of the players and he failed.

Not naturally at all really. I just hear about us not trying to win games and playing defensive football.

Which other teams have destroyed Hearts incidentally?

And why did we need to change a plan that a break away goal aside was serving us okay?

I think the crowd had more effect on what the players did after the goal than any tactics.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 07:44 PM
I think the crowd had more effect on what the players did after the goal than any tactics.

I can't remember if you've used that one before or not. "It wasn't Fenlon, it was the fans".

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Not naturally at all really. I just hear about us not trying to win games and playing defensive football.

And why did we need to change a plan that a break away goal aside was serving us okay?

I think the crowd had more effect on what the players did after the goal than any tactics.apart from you obviously.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:46 PM
apart from you obviously.

Nah I'm sure a few of us didn't boo every sideways or backwards pass.

Cropley10
I had to pinch myself twice during that incredible 26mins it was like watching Brazil or Barcelona.

:rolleyes: - shows how far we've slumped that there's this creaming over a few chances. Both Vine and Collins didn't do anything, we were playing a bunch of kids devoid of confidence not Malmo.

Saorsa
I can't remember if you've used that one before or not. "It wasn't Fenlon, it was the fans".I thought you'd ken by now, it's always the fans :agree:

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 07:47 PM

I had hoped to come on here tonight to read that you'd finally taken the scales from your eyes.

Have now decided you never will.

Your obsession with deflecting all criticism away from the manager, over the months and on dozens of threads, marks you out for what you are.

:troll:

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I thought you'd ken by now, it's always the fans :agree:

No I gather it's always Fenlon.

Hibby 2005
31-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Style for 90mins and you will win far more than you lose.

The players reverted to hoofball once Hearts went ahead and there was only going to be one winner once that happened.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I had hoped to come on here tonight to read that you'd finally taken the scales from your eyes.

Your obsession with deflecting all criticism away from the manager, over the months and on dozens of threads, marks you out for what you are.

Expected a bit more from you for some reason. Ah well.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Style for 90mins and you will win far more than you lose.

The players reverted to hoofball once Hearts went ahead and there was only going to be one winner once that happened.

They never.

blackpoolhibs

Complete bullsheite, you wont find one post on this site saying they'd rather play decent football and lose in any derby game.

Yer mans a ****in dud, and its about time you got pissed again as that's the only time recently you have let your guard down over the clueless buffoon.

Saorsa
No I gather it's always Fenlon.at least you've admitted it now :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
First 25 mins we had hearts bricking it, after they scored, they had us ****ting it. Thats how i saw it anyway!

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Complete bullsheite, you wont find one post on this site saying they'd rather play decent football and lose in any derby game.

Yer mans a ****in dud, and its about time you got pissed again as that's the only time recently you have let your guard down over the clueless buffoon.

So it's just derby games? League position doesn't matter. I get it.

DaveF

You are Pat Fenlon and I claim my £5

Beefster
What happened after 26 minutes?

We stopped playing well and Fenlon clapped his hands a bit in response?

HUTCHYHIBBY
3 clean sheets for Hearts this season, the other one was v Dundee United, says it all really.

Hibby 2005
31-10-2013, 07:53 PM
They never.

They did.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2013, 07:54 PM

You know very well there are certain games it makes no difference whatsoever how we play, its the result that matters.

Although for crowds to grow and people wanting to be at easter road they need to feel they are getting something they enjoy.

Your man has failed in both, but you know all this anyway.:rolleyes:

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 07:54 PM
You are Pat Fenlon and I claim my £5Well done Dave. :thumbsup: I always thought he was Rod Petrie. :agree:

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Well done Dave. :thumbsup: I always thought he was Rod Petrie. :agree:

Aye you're a brave crowd.

DaveF
31-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Aye you're a brave crowd.

What's wrong Andy. Sense of humour bypass?

sleeping giant
31-10-2013, 07:59 PM

That's a terrible post jonnyboy. Not like you .
Shocking.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Then you'll be disappointed. Just as I mam in you when you deflect all blame away from a manager that is clearly out of his depth

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 08:02 PM
That's a terrible post jonnyboy. Not like you .
Shocking.

Just telling it the way I see it SG.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2013, 08:06 PM

We have witnessed some horrendous league performances too Andy....Tynie, home to Ross Co, away to Inverness & Partick (albeit we beat Partick), and home to Aberdeen......It is not knee jerk on the back of last night, it is what we are being served up continually

TheFamous1875
31-10-2013, 08:06 PM
No one should be able to dispute style over result. But a better style would lend it's hand to abetter result!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 08:07 PM
I think folk wanted the performance for 90 minutes, not 26.

Simple. As . That.

Thecat23
31-10-2013, 08:16 PM

Andy reading through you're posts I'm going to be totally honest and say you are trolling.

I also think you either like the attention this brings or you really are so blinded by loyalty that I feel sorry for you. I just can't tell which.

You pick random points to defend him yet you point blank refuse to see where he is failing. Where are after first round of fixtures? 7th and out of the cup to the worst hearts team in Christ knows how long.

So sit down and think hard to what you are trying to defend, Pat the person or Pat the manager? Either way I'd still fire both.

You are our very own Barry Anderson. #AllisAndy

DaveF
31-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Andy reading through you're posts I'm going to be totally honest and say you are trolling.

I also think you either like the attention this brings or you really are so blinded by loyalty that I feel sorry for you. I just can't tell which.

You pick random points to defend him yet you point blank refuse to see where he is failing. Where are after first round of fixtures? 7th and out of the cup to the worst hearts team in Christ knows how long.

So sit down and think hard to what you are trying to defend, Pat the person or Pat the manager? Either way I'd still fire both.

You are our very own Barry Anderson. #AllisAndy

Cruel, but funny :greengrin

sleeping giant
31-10-2013, 08:40 PM
We turn on the owner , the chairman , the manager and players. Now we are turning on a long term poster who has been on this site longer than most folk on this thread.
It's the Hibs way .

DaveF
31-10-2013, 08:43 PM
We turn on the owner , the chairman , the manager and players. Now we are turning on a long term poster who has been on this site longer than most folk on this thread.
It's the Hibs way .

Oh, stop being a drama queen.

Andy holds a view that is at odds with around 98% of the posters on here. Of course, he's going to get a hard time.

I'm pretty sure he can handle the replies and gentle teasing.

BarneyK
31-10-2013, 08:45 PM
They did.

To be fair to Andy, they didnae resort to hoofball. They just didnae have a clue how to break down the yams defence and instead passed the ball around aimlessly.

JimBHibees
31-10-2013, 08:46 PM
We have witnessed some horrendous league performances too Andy....Tynie, home to Ross Co, away to Inverness & Partick (albeit we beat Partick), and home to Aberdeen......It is not knee jerk on the back of last night, it is what we are being served up continually

We have no doubt been poor and we are very negative at times however I was pleasantly surprised by how good we were admittedly for 30 mins or so. The movement and passing and tempo was much better than we usually are. The goal was like pricking a balloon though and the lack of belief was palpable in both the players and the crowd from there on which was surprising given we were playing against a hard working but limited team. I admit that getting the players playing again is a managers job however we have a number of experienced pros playing last night that IMO should have led a bit better when the chips were down.

sleeping giant
31-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Oh, stop being a drama queen.

Andy holds a view that is at odds with around 98% of the posters on here. Of course, he's going to get a hard time.

I'm pretty sure he can handle the replies and gentle teasing.

Pretty sure he can Dave but calling folk a troll is a tad extreme in my opinion. Would rather read his posts than some of muppets posting on this thread.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Pretty sure he can Dave but calling folk a troll is a tad extreme in my opinion. Would rather read his posts than some of muppets posting on this thread.

That'll be aimed at me then SG. My definition, and I accept there's probably a formal one, of a troll is someone who continually posts contrary arguments while failing to actually address valid points and questions raised by others.

I've no regrets about using that term and you've been aware of me long enough to know I didn't decide to do it lightly.

For my money, anyone who blindly supports Fenlon is either a Jambo or a troll. I chose the latter

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2013, 08:53 PM
We have no doubt been poor and we are very negative at times however I was pleasantly surprised by how good we were admittedly for 30 mins or so. The movement and passing and tempo was much better than we usually are. The goal was like pricking a balloon though and the lack of belief was palpable in both the players and the crowd from there on which was surprising given we were playing against a hard working but limited team. I admit that getting the players playing again is a managers job however we have a number of experienced pros playing last night that IMO should have led a bit better when the chips were down.

You have to remember who we were playing, they are the worst hearts team in living memory, an absolute sheite team with 2 or 3 average players.

All they had to do was be fairly organised and that was enough to completely nullify our ponderous planks.

We'd have been better sitting back as we usually do, and hitting them on the break. :rolleyes:

Pete
31-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Wasnt at game last night (coach a kids team) watched the very disappointing second half on the box however just watched back the first half and to me that was as good as this team has played in ages. It was confident, full of pace and excellent movement and energy and exactly what we have been looking for IMO. Such a shame we didnt score when on top and the goal out of the blue undoubtedly changed the game. Our reaction was poor however there was to me alot of good things in that performance.

It was exactly what we have been looking for and I think it took a lot of people by surprise. You could say it was a poor hearts team but the quality was such that most teams in the SPL would have second best against us. I think everyone knew we were capable of such play and the frustration comes from us never showing it.

People say that when a manager loses the dressing room, there's no recovery. In this instance, the team has lost the crowd because of Fenlons' cautious approach. It was a treat to watch but when the goal happened here was a collective deflation. The negative cycle started up when players got nervous and tried to rush things resulting in crowd impatience. It's finished and won't end until Fenlon is removed.

If Pat is staying until the end of the season then he has to gamble. He has nothing to lose so from now on he has to tell the team to take the reins off and simply attack like in the first half against hearts. He has to motivate them so they come out with confidence which enables them to take risks and maybe make that run. The crowd are eventually going to get hacked off under normal Fenlon conditions so why not?
Doing this will be the only way to give fans a bit of hope and the players are more than capable. The sad thing is that if the players had been motivated and used like they were against hearts from the very start of the season I'm not sure we'd be having all of these conversations and we'd all be a lot happier.

Tyler Durden
31-10-2013, 09:49 PM

It's not "the recent fashion" on here though is it? A handful of posters said after the Partick game they'd rather play in an entertaining manner than focus on results. A handful.

Most people just complained about the brutal football we are regularly subjected to. But you have conflated those points to suit your own argument, which is what exactly?

If Fenlon produced a team that were poor to watch but got good results it would be difficult to criticise. He hasn't produced such a side. He has presided over disaster after disaster.

Bostonhibby
31-10-2013, 09:58 PM
If it was the effect of the fans reaction that's to blame we can look forward to weeks of continuous improvement as the stadium gradually empties in the weeks to come.
FWIW, I think the players lack of belief after the goal went in rubbed off on the crowd, god knows what went on at half time though because we were awful after that.

monktonharp
31-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Wasnt at game last night (coach a kids team) watched the very disappointing second half on the box however just watched back the first half and to me that was as good as this team has played in ages. It was confident, full of pace and excellent movement and energy and exactly what we have been looking for IMO. Such a shame we didnt score when on top and the goal out of the blue undoubtedly changed the game. Our reaction was poor however there was to me alot of good things in that performance.we done enough in the first 25 mins, to win 2 derby games. we lost though, because they got lucky as usual, at a crucial time and we then reverted to being the same old Hibs, in a derby, thinking we'll somehow get back into it. the 2nd half performance and tactics is what lost us the chance. some of our players(a lot) just did not and cannot seem to care or realise the importance of it all, when it comes to the fans.the opposition were a very poor team, playing the game out at every opportunity, and our men should have been prepared to go that extra mile as the clock ticked on. Hammil got away with standing on the ball at times! and their goalie was never pushed,or rushed to play any pass backs he received. I was gutted at the lack of response to loads of things like that in the game! other things, like challenging for high balls from them switching the play from one side to the other, when those balls were obviously going out, our players jumped,headed, and it was a throw in to them. those were basic mistakes, totally unavoidable, and the opposition lapped it up. schoolboy stuff!

Sir David Gray
31-10-2013, 10:06 PM
The first half performance was good, or rather the first half of the first half was good. After Hearts scored we pretty much stopped playing and barely troubled them again, with the exception of the chance that Craig had in the second half.

We should have had the game wrapped up after 25 minutes, we didn't score when we were on top, they scored against the run of play and then did what they had to do to preserve their lead.

Sadly football is all about putting the ball in the back of the opposition's net. Sure it's nice to see pretty passing and moving etc but at the end of the day, if you can't score goals, the most you're going to get is a 0-0 draw.

We don't score enough goals, that is the main issue and it needs to be addressed.

greenlex
31-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I demand that level of performance at the weekend. We can do it. We showed we can.

monktonharp
31-10-2013, 10:19 PM
The first half performance was good, or rather the first half of the first half was good. After Hearts scored we pretty much stopped playing and barely troubled them again, with the exception of the chance that Craig had in the second half.

We should have had the game wrapped up after 25 minutes, we didn't score when we were on top, they scored against the run of play and then did what they had to do to preserve their lead.

Sadly football is all about putting the ball in the back of the opposition's net. Sure it's nice to see pretty passing and moving etc but at the end of the day, if you can't score goals, the most you're going to get is a 0-0 draw.

We don't score enough goals, that is the main issue and it needs to be addressed.of course scoring is the be all end all, but to lose such an important game after walking all over them for most of the first half, then fail to really pressurise them for most of the 2nd, was a disgrace.we allowed them to play balls over the pitch, into the corners, back to their goalie with no real hassle at any time in the 2nd half.

monktonharp
31-10-2013, 10:20 PM
I demand that level of performance at the weekend. We can do it. We showed we can.prepare to be disappointed. I've almost gave up.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2013, 10:44 PM
I demand that level of performance at the weekend. We can do it. We showed we can.

Aye but we wont play another team this season anywhere near as bad as that lot. They really are a very poor team, its no surprise we had so much of the ball, but also no surprise we couldn't do anything with it.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Aye but we wont play another team this season anywhere near as bad as that lot. They really are a very poor team, its no surprise we had so much of the ball, but also no surprise we couldn't do anything with it.

:agree: I said last night to my mum, as I was sitting watching us battering them in the first 25 minutes, that regardless of how the game ended, they were absolutely horrendous and were certainties to go down. I wasn't surprised with the end result last night but Hearts really are woeful.

It's just unfortunate for them that they can't play us every week.

Gustavo Fring
31-10-2013, 10:51 PM
i cant think of that many derbys where weve ripped into them the way we did in the 1st half , every time we went forward we were makin chances . never heard a peep out of their lot until the goal . we outplayed them , out-sang them and their 1st attack results in a goal . unbelievable really

davhibby
31-10-2013, 11:00 PM
What that did was show how we can play. Like someone's already said on this thread, Fenlon needs to have the team going at games like that all the time now. Don't think he'll be gone any time soon unless things go terribly in the next few games

Sir David Gray
31-10-2013, 11:03 PM
i cant think of that many derbys where weve ripped into them the way we did in the 1st half , every time we went forward we were makin chances . never heard a peep out of their lot until the goal . we outplayed them , out-sang them and their 1st attack results in a goal . unbelievable really

Is it really though?

Hearts have been doing that to us for years.

I stopped looking forward to derbies ages ago, they're too predictable and the end result is usually always the same.

hibsbollah
01-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Is it really though?

Hearts have been doing that to us for years.

I stopped looking forward to derbies ages ago, they're too predictable and the end result is usually always the same.

Yes it was unbelievable. Hearts have scored against the run of play in previous derbies, but Wednesday's 33rd minute thievery took that to a whole new level. Ive never seen anything like it. We absolutely battered them.

BH Hibs
01-11-2013, 06:05 AM
I blame myself I went for a leak and barely got to the toilet when the twat scored so it's my fault guys

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2013, 06:17 AM
That'll be aimed at me then SG. My definition, and I accept there's probably a formal one, of a troll is someone who continually posts contrary arguments while failing to actually address valid points and questions raised by others.

I've no regrets about using that term and you've been aware of me long enough to know I didn't decide to do it lightly.

For my money, anyone who blindly supports Fenlon is either a Jambo or a troll. I chose the latter

There is a third alternative JB, maybe Andy bleeds green and the world is a very green place. Think we've all been there before when it comes to defending the indefensible with Hibs. Think folks should maybe cut him a bit of slack.

bawheid
01-11-2013, 06:24 AM

I'm more of a reader than a poster these days JB.

I would say Andy is one of the few guys on either side of the now skewed anti/pro Fenlon divide who puts his point across in a fair and relatively constructive manner. He usually answers most of the points put to him as far as I can see, and there's none of the nastiness you would associate with trolling. Don't think he's a Jambo either! He just disagrees with the majority, but that's fine.

RIP
01-11-2013, 07:12 AM
I've met Andy when he was involved in LWT in the Vision group. As someone who carried out most of the initial invites my goal was to get a wide spread of opinion. We started off a lot of board critics and people that ran 'Petrie Out' campaigns. Even today you still get people who want to keep Fenlon, a large majority who have respect from club management / board (They are all dyed in the wool Hibbies) and even one person that still believes everything Rod says :wink: So whether a Hibs.Net poster is a 'Back Him' or 'Sack Him' it disnae make you any less a Hibby

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I've met Andy when he was involved in LWT in the Vision group. As someone who carried out most of the initial invites my goal was to get a wide spread of opinion. We started off a lot of board critics and people that ran 'Petrie Out' campaigns. Even today you still get people who want to keep' Fenlon, a large majority who have respect from club management / board (They are all dyed in the wool Hibbies) and even one person that still believes everything Rod says :wink: So whether a Hibs.Net poster is a 'Back Him' or 'Sack Him' it disnae make you any less a Hibby

:agree:

Hibby 2005
01-11-2013, 07:40 AM
It was exactly what we have been looking for and I think it took a lot of people by surprise. You could say it was a poor hearts team but the quality was such that most teams in the SPL would have second best against us. I think everyone knew we were capable of such play and the frustration comes from us never showing it.

People say that when a manager loses the dressing room, there's no recovery. In this instance, the team has lost the crowd because of Fenlons' cautious approach. It was a treat to watch but when the goal happened here was a collective deflation. The negative cycle started up when players got nervous and tried to rush things resulting in crowd impatience. It's finished and won't end until Fenlon is removed.

If Pat is staying until the end of the season then he has to gamble. He has nothing to lose so from now on he has to tell the team to take the reins off and simply attack like in the first half against hearts. He has to motivate them so they come out with confidence which enables them to take risks and maybe make that run. The crowd are eventually going to get hacked off under normal Fenlon conditions so why not?
Doing this will be the only way to give fans a bit of hope and the players are more than capable. The sad thing is that if the players had been motivated and used like they were against hearts from the very start of the season I'm not sure we'd be having all of these conversations and we'd all be a lot happier.

It's not in Pat's nature to get the players playing the way we did for the first 20mins or so against Hearts so I'm guessing the consistently negative style we usually play was ditched as a result of the backlash from supporters, media, etc.

When we lost the goal you could see the players retreat into the usual safety first, side passing, hit and hope style of play they've been doing for months.

khib70
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM

:top marks There are none so blind........

Davy Mac
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
I've met Andy when he was involved in LWT in the Vision group. As someone who carried out most of the initial invites my goal was to get a wide spread of opinion. We started off a lot of board critics and people that ran 'Petrie Out' campaigns. Even today you still get people who want to keep Fenlon, a large majority who have respect from club management / board (They are all dyed in the wool Hibbies) and even one person that still believes everything Rod says :wink: So whether a Hibs.Net poster is a 'Back Him' or 'Sack Him' it disnae make you any less a Hibby

I wonder what qualifies you for a bit of respect from the management/board - nodding heads, someone who used to stop your feet in the old North stand and enjoys a glass of wine?

I don't know, these people who are running our pathetic club at the moment are not football men, all in my opinion of course.

Tyler Durden
01-11-2013, 08:08 AM
I think people are getting a bit carried away with how good we were first half. There was an excellent bit of interplay between Collins and Robertson which created our best chance.

Otherwise our approach was for McGivern to cross from 40 yards out and a succession of free kicks put in the box from anywhere in their half. Hanlons chances came from poor punching by Macdonald and Robertsons volley came from an assist by Holt or Robinson.

Have I missed all the well worked moves by Hibs? It was a good tempo and the team moved the ball quicker - for me that's the least we should expect and that should happen for 90 minutes every game!

matty_f
01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
I don't really care that we were good for 35 minutes. I'm annoyed that after we went a goal behind we tested their keeper once.
When football is played over 35 minutes instead of 90 then I'll be happy with what we saw on Wednesday.
For me, we were nowhere near good enough for the majority of the game. 1 shot on target in about an hour of football against the worst team to play at easter road this season sums us up perfectly.

Hibby 2005
01-11-2013, 08:15 AM
I think people are getting a bit carried away with how good we were first half. There was an excellent bit of interplay between Collins and Robertson which created our best chance.

Otherwise our approach was for McGivern to cross from 40 yards out and a succession of free kicks put in the box from anywhere in their half. Hanlons chances came from poor punching by Macdonald and Robertsons volley came from an assist by Holt or Robinson.

Have I missed all the well worked moves by Hibs? It was a good tempo and the team moved the ball quicker - for me that's the least we should expect and that should happen for 90 minutes every game!

Good post. I actually watched that first 20mins or so again on tv and it wasn't so much great moves we were making but the tempo was so much better. That's what surprised people.

khib70
01-11-2013, 08:15 AM

:agree:That's what I saw. It was nevertheless pretty good to watch and simultaneously frustrating as we failed to take our chances.

Past experience, not just with Hibs games, shows that when a team dominates for a spell and fails to capitalise on it, the sucker punch is never far away. What a good manager does is react to that, and set up to re-establish dominance. What Fenlon did was resort to the same old rubbish we've been forced to watch for two years, with the predictable result that we got bogged down playing passes that went nowhere. Hearts, with the goal advantage, could just sit back and watch, knowing they had a good chance of mopping up the eventual inevitable hump up the park, and possibly go on the counter attack.

It was as clear a demonstration of Fenlon's ineptitude as anyone (well nearly everyone) could want. I won't be back until he's gone. Endof.

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 08:37 AM
we done enough in the first 25 mins, to win 2 derby games. we lost though, because they got lucky as usual, at a crucial time and we then reverted to being the same old Hibs, in a derby, thinking we'll somehow get back into it. the 2nd half performance and tactics is what lost us the chance. some of our players(a lot) just did not and cannot seem to care or realise the importance of it all, when it comes to the fans.the opposition were a very poor team, playing the game out at every opportunity, and our men should have been prepared to go that extra mile as the clock ticked on. Hammil got away with standing on the ball at times! and their goalie was never pushed,or rushed to play any pass backs he received. I was gutted at the lack of response to loads of things like that in the game! other things, like challenging for high balls from them switching the play from one side to the other, when those balls were obviously going out, our players jumped,headed, and it was a throw in to them. those were basic mistakes, totally unavoidable, and the opposition lapped it up. schoolboy stuff!

Agree with all of that good summary. Someone should definitely have fronted up Hamill and Stevenson should have been tackled hard early doors to check how good hie knee was. Neither happened which a team determined to win would have done.

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
You have to remember who we were playing, they are the worst hearts team in living memory, an absolute sheite team with 2 or 3 average players.

All they had to do was be fairly organised and that was enough to completely nullify our ponderous planks.

We'd have been better sitting back as we usually do, and hitting them on the break. :rolleyes:

Agree with that however I have seen us playing similar or worse teams where we didnt play with anywhere near the quality we did in the first 30. How good the first part was actually made the second half rollover even more galling.

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 08:46 AM
I don't really care that we were good for 35 minutes. I'm annoyed that after we went a goal behind we tested their keeper once.
When football is played over 35 minutes instead of 90 then I'll be happy with what we saw on Wednesday.
For me, we were nowhere near good enough for the majority of the game. 1 shot on target in about an hour of football against the worst team to play at easter road this season sums us up perfectly.

Dont disagree at all the second half was torture and lost count of the number of times Hibs players lost control of the ball near the edge of the Hearts box in good positions. Alot of the players bottled it big time. We needed experienced heads to be running the show and being as patient as possible a playing as we had first half as chances would have come however for some reason that never happened.

lord bunberry
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM

But calling folk a muppet is acceptable?

sleeping giant
01-11-2013, 09:56 AM
But calling folk a muppet is acceptable?

Fair play. No its not.

Brightside
01-11-2013, 10:04 AM

Jesus Andy!!! If we had actually kept up that standard we would have won...that the whole point that people have been banging on about for months. We are capable of some great football.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM

There is a third alternative JB, maybe Andy bleeds green and the world is a very green place. Think we've all been there before when it comes to defending the indefensible with Hibs. Think folks should maybe cut him a bit of slack.

I'm more of a reader than a poster these days JB.

I would say Andy is one of the few guys on either side of the now skewed anti/pro Fenlon divide who puts his point across in a fair and relatively constructive manner. He usually answers most of the points put to him as far as I can see, and there's none of the nastiness you would associate with trolling. Don't think he's a Jambo either! He just disagrees with the majority, but that's fine.

Right, I know Pat's now away and so views have moved on so I apologise for bringing this thread back to the top.

It's been niggling away at my conscience all day that I called Andy a Troll and used the dreaded smilie. For that, I apologise to Andy and hope he'll accept it as it is offered in good faith.

I still believe that at times his blind support for a failing manager was totally out of proportion to what we were all witnessing week in week out. I also accept however that Andy often posts what I term good reads and so for me to focus only on those posts that irritated the life out of me was unfair on him.

I hope we can move on and do 'battle' over who comes in next