PDA

View Full Version : If Pat leaves will you come back?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 04:41 PM
If Pat gets the sack or does the right thing and walk, will you come back? Or are we still too hurt and embarrassed to go back so soon? Thoughts please.

southern hibby
31-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Yes

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Without a doubt.

Nevi_SOL
31-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes

zitelli62
31-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Yesssssssssssss

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes.

It might not solve every problem but it would deal with the most pressing one.

Thecat23
31-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes.

lord bunberry
31-10-2013, 04:50 PM
I won't be walking away. I've been following hibs for nearly 30 years and people like fenlon come and go, the only constant is us the fans. The best place to let the manager and the board know how you feel is easter road, either during the game or in a protest after the game. Its our club not theirs.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Of course but not until.

Joe
31-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Yes. I can't see Fenlon getting the sack anytime soon. If Fenlon goes then Petrie surely has to follow and Petrie knows this.

Steve20
31-10-2013, 04:57 PM
He's going nowhere anytime soon.

GreenCastle
31-10-2013, 04:57 PM
While I want to say yes - not sure - depends on quality of replacement. Got a ST and they have my money..so it's my choice but the attitude and quality of play seriously has to improve. I'm not to keen going along to watch Vine attempt to impersonate a professional footballer for 90 mins anymore.

Still deeper issues than the manager - people need to realise that!!

Pete
31-10-2013, 04:58 PM
If Pat gets the sack or does the right thing and walk, will you come back? Or are we still too hurt and embarrassed to go back so soon? Thoughts please.

I don't think anyone is choosing not to attend because they are "hurt and embarrassed".

Apathy, frustration and a sense that non attendance will effect change are more accurate reasons.

.Sean.
31-10-2013, 04:59 PM
If he's sacked before Sunday, i'll be at the Motherwell game. If not, i'll work instead and won't even bother watching it. Won't be attending another game while he's still the manager.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 04:59 PM
He's going nowhere anytime soon.

Looks like a lot of us wont be returning anytime soon then, Gillette Soccer Saturdays it is then.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Looks like a lot of us wont be returning anytime soon then, Gillette Soccer Saturdays it is then.

Or we could all arrange to meet up at the under 20s games?

Could be a good laugh seeing a couple of thousand pitch up at East Mains.

.Sean.
31-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Could be a good laugh seeing a couple of thousand pitch up at East Mains.I'd be up for that, giving support to the younger lot. The current first team and management have had all they're getting from me for the foreseeable.

Last Minute
31-10-2013, 05:06 PM
yes will be back in a heartbeat if he goes

Leithenhibby
31-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I support Hibernian FC, always have, always will....

PF ain't going anywhere, any time soon....... I'll follow my team "regardless", until the day I drop :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 05:08 PM

Sounds like a plan, i'd be up for that:agree:

cocopops1875
31-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Hope the fans that were coming back when we voted for sporting integrity come back this time too, maybe they were just held up

WhileTheChief..
31-10-2013, 05:30 PM
First game after a new appointment is always exciting. Gives you hope that things can turn around.

Can't come soon enough :thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Why is there not an option for turning up and not booing and not demonstrating outside the West, but at same time make it obviously clear that you are seriously not happy with the product?

Cropley10
31-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Will be back in a flash. Might even spend some money in the Hibs shop.

greenpaper55
31-10-2013, 06:19 PM
yes, with three others who have vowed to stay away after the Malmo fiasco.

kentao
31-10-2013, 06:25 PM

Great idea would certainly send a message to the fuds in charge.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 06:28 PM

PF ain't going anywhere, any time soon....... I'll follow my team "regardless", until the day I drop :wink:

Agree

I wasn't a fan of a range of managers from Miller to Williamson to Calderwood but I went to support my team regardless.

BoltonHibee
31-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I and I know many others from down this way will do everything we can to go, if that little **** is dispensed with

Andy74
31-10-2013, 06:33 PM
I and I know many others from down this way will do everything we can to go, if that little **** is dispensed with

Classy

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes.

It might not solve every problem but it would deal with the most pressing one.

Yes, this is where I'm at.

MoscowHibs
31-10-2013, 06:56 PM

This.:agree:

Leithenhibby
31-10-2013, 06:57 PM

Nae need.

We are all frustrated, but to get personal is just wrong....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Nae need.

We are all frustrated, but to get personal is just wrong....

This. Personal abuse is too far!

Col2
31-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Yes. Will be back once the change is made. And will encourage others to come back who have disappeared recently.

Not before then.

carnoustiehibee
31-10-2013, 07:20 PM
@ScotFootBlog: Rumour from Easter Road this evening: Roderick spent the day talking Fenlon out of resigning. Surely a lot of nonsense. Surely.

stevejordan
31-10-2013, 07:23 PM
The fenlon years have been hard to take we are no better than when CC Left us we have the best stadium outside old firm and best Academy Perie got that right but this man has to go

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 07:24 PM
@ScotFootBlog: Rumour from Easter Road this evening: Roderick spent the day talking Fenlon out of resigning. Surely a lot of nonsense. Surely.

That has to be a lie. Has to be.

Weststandwanab
31-10-2013, 07:25 PM
I won't be walking away. I've been following hibs for nearly 30 years and people like fenlon come and go, the only constant is us the fans. The best place to let the manager and the board know how you feel is easter road, either during the game or in a protest after the game. Its our club not theirs. Me too

PF ain't going anywhere, any time soon....... I'll follow my team "regardless", until the day I drop :wink: Well said.

BSEJVT
31-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Not sure to be honest

The last few years have totally sucked the interest out of me to the extent I barely watch a English match on the telly either.

I guess I would go to see what changed, but whether I would go back every week or not ............

I have wanted rid of PF for well over a season and he absolutely has to go, but the thought of hiring another misfit and watching another team dismantled and re-assembled and the various pro and anti factions for the new manager and his players tearing us further apart doesn't really fill me with much joy either.

The internet and to a lesser extent Hibs Net are great tools, but you don't half have to wade through buckets of **** to find a shilling.

And yes I recognise that some of the **** is spread by me.:greengrin

Its a lot less hard work discussing the situation with your own mates where positions are a bit less polarised and the debate far more civilised

Its perfectly reasonable that people have different perspective's on situation's but that doesn't make one a ****wit and the other a ****er!

Andy74
31-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Mind and form a queue behind all those who'd have come back if Ranges were dealt with etc etc.

Hibby 2005
31-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Mind and form a queue behind all those who'd have come back if Ranges were dealt with etc etc.

Who are Ranges?

jakeshibs
31-10-2013, 08:01 PM

they wont come back as just excuses, look at the "they best sigh McPake , so we do and they just look for reasons to be absent !!!

jakeshibs
31-10-2013, 08:02 PM
exactly !!!

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2013, 08:14 PM

Ive never bought this "I'll never be back UNTIL..." stuff. Maybe falls on deaf ears to those of the Miller generation. I recently ran a poll to try and tease out whether folks of eras stuck with the team or took a time out. Unfortunately I missed out the Yogi and Mixu eras but I would suggest that by and large folks that start watching in an era maintain their following throughout.
So either Hibs.net folks are a more "stick through thick and thin" or the folks that bail didn't respond or I asked the wrong question ;)

My gut feel is that folks that say they won't be back just find other things to do and don't return to a significant proportion of the games they previously attended, regardless of change in managers.

DaveF
31-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Ive never bought this "I'll never be back UNTIL..." stuff. Maybe falls on deaf ears to those of the Miller generation. I recently ran a poll to try and tease out whether folks of eras stuck with the team or took a time out. Unfortunately I missed out the Yogi and Mixu eras but I would suggest that by and large folks that start watching in an era maintain their following throughout.
So either Hibs.net folks are a more "stick through thick and thin" or the folks that bail didn't respond or I asked the wrong question ;)

My gut feel is that folks that say they won't be back just find other things to do and don't return to a significant proportion of the games they previously attended, regardless of change in managers.

It's pretty simple really.

I watched the miller era and went to every game, home and away. I was young, had spare cash and used it to follow the team no matter what.

Now, I have a family, no spare cash and while a Hibby till i die, I won't put up with the current nonsense. All I'm asking for is semi decent football and a glimmer of hope we might do something.As that is not forthcoming at the moment, I'm out for the time being under Fenlon.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2013, 08:49 PM

I watched the miller era and went to every game, home and away. I was young, had spare cash and used it to follow the team no matter what.

Now, I have a family, no spare cash and while a Hibby till i die, I won't put up with the current nonsense. All I'm asking for is semi decent football and a glimmer of hope we might do something.As that is not forthcoming at the moment, I'm out for the time being under Fenlon.

I can relate having a young family myself and cash strapped - it is hard to justify. For me when my youngest was born it was a time of life and circumstances that kept me from attending regularly rather than the football on display my son was born a few days before the 07 cup final (which I missed :( ) maybe I'm blinded by that (ie. the folks I'm thinking of it was not a family issue).

Finances and family sharpens things into focus no doubt but would that not be the case regardless of our performance?

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Good post :agree:

DaveF
31-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I can relate having a young family myself and cash strapped - it is hard to justify. For me when my youngest was born it was a time of life and circumstances that kept me from attending regularly rather than the football on display my son was born a few days before the 07 cup final (which I missed :( ) maybe I'm blinded by that (ie. the folks I'm thinking of it was not a family issue).

Finances and family sharpens things into focus no doubt but would that not be the case regardless of our performance?

Not really, as while I'm hardly awash with money, I can still afford a ST. Right now, I'll spend it on something else come renewal time if the board don't get their act together.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Makes no difference to me.

If Hibs are playing and I'm not working then I'll be there.

I would watch Hibs play in the east of Scotland amateur league if I had to.

It's up to individual choice but having a poor team on the pitch has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I'll be in attendance.

Going to watch Hibs whenever I can is just what I do.

Nevi_SOL
01-11-2013, 12:13 AM

I think this is different as this is fans with season tickets rather than folk just wanting to get a good read of a paper

fatbloke
01-11-2013, 12:47 AM

Fabulous idea I am up for this as would many others. Bring it on. Let's be honest many of las nights 13 will not be here in 2 years time whereas the u20's and others will be.

KingFranck
01-11-2013, 12:39 PM

I suggested this way back when the first protests were discussed. Lets get it organised folks can't make tomorrows game but when is the next U20s at East Mains that clashes with a first team game ?

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Makes no difference to me.

If Hibs are playing and I'm not working then I'll be there.

I would watch Hibs play in the east of Scotland amateur league if I had to.

It's up to individual choice but having a poor team on the pitch has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I'll be in attendance.

Going to watch Hibs whenever I can is just what I do.

we might just end up there :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
I suggested this way back when the first protests were discussed. Lets get it organised folks can't make tomorrows game but when is the next U20s at East Mains that clashes with a first team game ?

neither can i.........and i'm not going on sunday either :)

lucky
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm still angry losing to them again. I stayed loyal after the 2 cup finals went to Malmo home and away. I'm just sick of Hibs. I would normally regard myself amongst the happiest of happy clappers bit I'm totally sickend. If PF goes I'll be back until then my ST will be unused

HappyHibby93
01-11-2013, 01:10 PM
There is no doubt that there is a real lack of unity between to fans and the club. If PF goes and someone like Mowbary came back, i think a lot of fans would be on there way back. I'm not saying that this is the only reason to get a new manger, but, for me there is no doubt that it would really re-engage the club with its biggest assets, the supporters. Finally, I'll never stop following Hibs, whether the Hibs manager is Sir Alex Ferguson, or Bob the Builder. :cb

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Looks like we will all be back next home game then:greengrin

SkintHibby
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
That has to be a lie. Has to be.

Looks like it was the truth!:agree:

Hermit Crab
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Looks like we will all be back next home game then:greengrin

Even though he's gone I'm not changing my mind about Motherwell. I'm not going and will watch on tv.

California-Hibs
02-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Well, are you all going to keep your word and return?

brydekirk
02-11-2013, 06:03 AM
I'm not going back until u get emptied.

ALF TUPPER
02-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Yes. :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
02-11-2013, 06:41 AM
I was back before he left to be honest, can't really keep away

Golden Bear
02-11-2013, 06:45 AM
But of course.

Happy days are here again.

Crossgates Hibs
02-11-2013, 07:32 AM
But of course.

Yes feel for Pat very dignified resignation total respect to him. He wasn't for us but I would imagine he leaves with nearly everyone's best wishes. No matter who comes in let's get behind him be it Kenny Shiels or somebody unknown and give them our support. I remember feeling flat at TM appointment and he turned out well so let's give the new guy whomever a chance. For those claiming they are done if Kenny Shiels gets the gig no matter how he does then I can't see you being missed if the rest of us are watching decent football. I'm sure with Hearts going down and if we kick on we will gather a fair few new fans.:flag:

Judas Iscariot
02-11-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm not going back until u get emptied.

:top marks:aok:

malagahibby
02-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Looms like the ICT game will be a sell out .
11k max.
Too many people on keyboards on sat afternoon .
Seriously to boo our own team in a derby is a disgrace .

Judas Iscariot
02-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Looms like the ICT game will be a sell out .
11k max.
Too many people on keyboards on sat afternoon .
Seriously to boo our own team in a derby is a disgrace .

To get pumped twice from THAT Hertz team in a derby is the only disgrace....

Stantons Angel
02-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Well now the dust is settled and he is gone where will you all be tomorrow at 12.30pm?

Sitting in front of the television behind your keyboard commenting on the game or will you be out there in the cold and rain supporting your team?

To me the answer you give goes a long way in carving out just what the rest of our season is going to mean to us?

Its all very well protesting on here about the inabilities of the managers over the past few years and their failures. BUT what are you going to do now? As individual supporters how are you going to back your team now you have got what you wanted?

A lot of you said you wouldnt be back till Fenlon was gone, he now is so cant we start to show the team and the club we are behind them?

There are loads of posts giving suggestions on a new manager. Any decent manager would be looking at the situation at Hibs and the way the last few managers have left and think twice about taking the job if supporters are as negative as has been. You have even resorted to physically harrassing them as was witnessed after the game on Wednesday?

If we are to attract a decent name we have to show loyalty to the club and work towards restoring Hibs to the club they where! That cant be done from behind a computer keyboard in front of the tele or from reading newspaper reports of the game.

SlickShoes
02-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I will be sitting in my house watching the game on TV, have fun judging me from your ivory tower.

I am also not "happy" about anything Hibs related, Pat was out of his depth and he is gone but I am not "happy" by any stretch of the imagination.

Baldy Foghorn
02-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Well now the dust is settled and he is gone where will you all be tomorrow at 12.30pm?

Sitting in front of the television behind your keyboard commenting on the game or will you be out there in the cold and rain supporting your team?

To me the answer you give goes a long way in carving out just what the rest of our season is going to mean to us?

Its all very well protesting on here about the inabilities of the managers over the past few years and their failures. BUT what are you going to do now? As individual supporters how are you going to back your team now you have got what you wanted?

A lot of you said you wouldnt be back till Fenlon was gone, he now is so cant we start to show the team and the club we are behind them?

There are loads of posts giving suggestions on a new manager. Any decent manager would be looking at the situation at Hibs and the way the last few managers have left and think twice about taking the job if supporters are as negative as has been. You have even resorted to physically harrassing them as was witnessed after the game on Wednesday?

If we are to attract a decent name we have to show loyalty to the club and work towards restoring Hibs to the club they where! That cant be done from behind a computer keyboard in front of the tele or from reading newspaper reports of the game.

Think you are being a little unfair saying the fans have been negative. We have had some really shocking results, and performances along the way. The time was right for PF to go.....

Hibernia Na Eir
02-11-2013, 10:05 AM
I will be sitting in my house watching the game on TV, have fun judging me from your ivory tower.

I am also not "happy" about anything Hibs related, Pat was out of his depth and he is gone but I am not "happy" by any stretch of the imagination.

agreed mate.

will the likes of Butcher REALLY turn hibs around? we shall see. My worry is that the problem lies at a higher level.
Good luck Pat. Top top man.

offshorehibby
02-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm not happy but i'm not going to greet ma self to sleep because Pat's away. I liked Pat and until recent week always wanted him to turn things round, but he just wasn't getting there.

I think he has brought some decent players to the club and i think somebody with a bit of tactical scene and a plan B & C could have this squad playing well.

Carheenlea
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Hopefully a bumper travelling support will make the short trip to Fir Park. Now that Pat Fenlon has gone, it is vital that we back the team in large numbers in our managerless situation at present. A win would be terrific, and it is important that we don`t fall back down the way as the search for the new man takes it course, and instead keep our sights set on the top end of the table.

Magnifique
02-11-2013, 10:18 AM

I don't think any manager will look at the Hibs fan and think they are the problem, lots would love the passion and support we bring.

One or two may well look at the board and see problems there however and it's maybe the way the club is run which may put them off coming.

Hedlund12
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Think you are being a little unfair saying the fans have been negative. We have had some really shocking results, and performances along the way. The time was right for PF to go.....

BF I totally agree with SA comment that fans have been negative.

(Whilst I totally appreciate some of their frustrations.... negative is defo a word that can be used to describe some of the fans/posts)

So much so that I stopped coming on .net I couldn't stomach the negativity on it - it was depressing to read.

shagpile
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM

I will be at Fir Park having travelled 190 miles to be so. I forgot to add, I will also have to travel 190 miles to get home after the game. I have done journeys like this for 35 years. I do hope this exonerates me.

You ****ing arse.

Keith_M
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
No, I'm not happy yet. For one thing, we are only part of the way to getting in a manager that can bring the crowds back.

I've voiced the opinion on here quite a lot that I didn't think Pat was the man to take Hibs forward. However, I take no pleasure from the fact that a decent man had to lose his job. Neccessary, yes, but not happy about that fact. I'm also not happy that we're now looking for our sixth manager since Mowbray left seven years ago. Surely a large part of the blame for that has to be attached to those running the club.

That said, I'd encourage everybody to get behind Hibs in any way they can now the club need us. Let's back Jimmy for as long as he's caretaker/manager and get behind the players. We should consider this a new start and back the team in the numbers and volume we've shown so often in the past.

TornadoHibby
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Hmmm....yet another "carefully worded" teaser hoping to split the fans yet again on one of the most visited Hibs fans message boards! :na na:

Realistically, I imagine that no-one will have changed their position unless and until a new Manager is appointed. :agree:

Such a guy must have decent experience of performing well at (at least) SPFL standard and (at least) Hibs "scale" club management, have excellent man management and team building qualities and experience, and doesn't tolerate "wasters" either amongst the playing staff particularly but also the coaching, scouting and support staff. :blah:

He must be tactically aware and able to see when strategic, tactical and player changes are necessary during a match to improve the team's prospects of achieving the best outcome possible during any and all matches and must communicate well to all stakeholders, particularly the players, but also the support as regularly as necessary to maintain positive strategic and performance direction. :blah:

There are other requirements but, these for me are the most important ones to enable the new guy to start making improvements from his very first day! :agree:

Having met Pat Fenlon a couple of times socially and found him to be a decent and honest personable kind of guy, I wish him the very best in everything he does in his life from now on including whatever footballing work he gets involved in!

He will have learned loads from his time at Hibs about the game at a better level than he was used to, about how to effect change within the playing, training, coaching and scouting side of a bigger and perhaps more structured club than he has been used to in the past and all of that will stand him in good stead going forward. :agree:

Unfortunately, he let himself down with his inexperience tactically, especially in big games but generally always when a game required a strategic tactical change when he either didn't make the necessary changes or did so when it was to late for them to be effective! :rolleyes:

His final TV interview following his resignation showed the personal character of the man IMO and let him leave showing everybody that he knew it was time for change and wasn't prepared to hang on until he got pushed! Not many people do that in any walk of life! :agree:

Well done Pat, you deserve all of our admiration and respect for that! :agree:

WhileTheChief..
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Much more likely to get the fans back when a new appointment is made and the game's at ER.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2013, 10:43 AM

Its possible to maintain the same level of support as you generally always do over a season whoever the manager is, I have been doing it for decades - it's also possible to simultaneously voice your opinions over a supporters forum, via a keyboard. I do it, have been doing it for years, and you are doing it now with this thread. I often read good positive comments but the type of post is understandably driven by what's just happened.

I won't be going to Motherwell but like many I wasn't anyway whether Pat stayed or went - I have done my 700 miles 13 hour round trip and my entire months "leisure" money in on yet another disappointing trip on Wednesday. It has been like that for such a long time generally that I probably would have felt comfortable deciding to watch it on telly even if I had the money.

I see any change as an opportunity for improvement, so I will be back as soon as I am able but will continue to say what I think via the forum whether I am at the next match or not. I have to admit if Pat had still been there, with the same offering on the pitch I might have stayed away as it really is becoming one of the very few things the board will notice.

As regards Pat himself I take no great pleasure in his going but it had to happen - managers come and go, Hibs are my constant. That doesn't mean attending every game any more, nor does it mean not expressing my views on the days that I don't go to games.

Do not agree at all with the physical harrassment you mention, I can't abide any abuse of players wearing the jersey and I never leave before the end of a game but its been more tempting in the last 3 or 4 years.

lord bunberry
02-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Are you honestly suggesting that a potential manager is going to turn down the hibs job because the fans are to negative? I hate it when individual players are singled out for abuse, it's totally self defeating but any manager who comes in is going to fancy their chances of turning things around and avoid any negativity from the crowd. Imo the main thing a manager will look at is his budget and his salary, he will look at the potential of the club and know if he gets it right at hibs then a big job will come his way. Hibs fans are amongst the most loyal in the country but some on here would have you think that the fans are the reason for us not performing on the pitch.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm working Sunday so won't be at Well. I hope earning a living isn't too negative for the holier than thou brigade.

I'll be at ER next week, time to look forwards and get behind the new man.

Alfred E Newman
02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
But of course.

Your car next week? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
02-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Well, are you all going to keep your word and return?

A lot of the people who weren't going back until he left will be the same people who promised they would come back if Rangers were voted out of the SPL. Basically people will always have reasons for not going and the one thing will guarantee people coming back is if we start winning games.

Nothing else.

--------
02-11-2013, 12:17 PM

I haven't got what I want yet. Petrie has to go too, and Farmer needs to waken up and either delegate to someone competent and effective in all aspects of the CEO's job, or move over and let someone else take things forward.

I'll consider coming back when Petrie's gone, not before. And that's conditional on who Farmer appoints as his successor.

PatHead
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I can't go due to other commitments. If it had been today at 3.00pm I would have been there whereas I wouldn't have made the journey if Pat had been manager. I do however wish him every success in the future and liked him as a person. It took a lot of balls to admit you were not up to the job and resign. I will always admire him for that.

Alfred E Newman
02-11-2013, 04:10 PM
A lot of the people who weren't going back until he left will be the same people who promised they would come back if Rangers were voted out of the SPL. Basically people will always have reasons for not going and the one thing will guarantee people coming back is if we start winning games.

Nothing else.

Expect " not the man for the job, no going back till the new boy is oot, it's too cauld, it's too dear " blah blah

Andy74
02-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Nothing else.

Only if the winning is done in the style if Brazil 1970.

greenlex
02-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm working Sunday so won't be at Well. I hope earning a living isn't too negative for the holier than thou brigade.

I'll be at ER next week, time to look forwards and get behind the new man.Apart from Blackpool. Hes going down swinging.

Nailrod
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Not me. PF was (yet again) the symptom not the disease.

I expect a new man to be brought in to another fanfare of hope and optimism, and eighteen months down the line we'll be looking at another squad that bears no resemblance to the current one as we bumble around the top half of the bottom six.

brian6-2
02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I mind reading at some point on that million page thread about the huns going bust that alot of people who still post on here claimed they/alot of folk would renew/buy season tickets if rangers were punished. anyway they were and did they all come flooding back? no.

some folk are all talk, esspecially on here.

Saorsa
02-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I mind reading at some point on that million page thread about the huns going bust that alot of people who still post on here claimed they/alot of folk would renew/buy season tickets if rangers were punished. anyway they were and did they all come flooding back? no.

some folk are all talk, esspecially on here.quite a lot of sanctimonious and holier than thou types as well but that's life.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
I think in the race to claim some sort of moral high ground quite a few people have spectacularly missed the point.

A lot of the people who said they wouldn't be going back until Fenlon was away were ST holders and regular attenders. I think that is who the OP was aiming his question at as opposed to regular stay away fans.

Still another chance for some to paint us as the most terrible fans in the world isn't to be missed.

Bronson
07-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Just a question for those who said they wouldn't be back at ER this season or at least until Fenlon was gone.

Are you planning on going on saturday since he has resigned and Butcher could possibly be in place very shortly, or will you still be avoiding the game?

Not a dig at anyone, I was personally planning on going regardless of the situation, i'm just trying to figure out if we could be looking at the lowest home attendance we've had for a saturday 3pm k.o in years. Really hope this isn't the case cause the atmosphere makes ER so much more enjoyable. Credit to Sect 43 for last season (not sure if they're back or what?) but they really made some horrific games worthwhile.

But aye, where do we stand in terms of attendance, will you be there?

Jones28
07-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Won't be at the Caley game, but definitely plan on going once more before Chrimbo :flag:

Said I would only be back once Fenlon was gone after the Derby and I stand by it.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2013, 10:33 PM
i'm going now :)

Pretty Boy
07-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I'll be there on Saturday.

Fresh start and time for a new manager to bring fresh ideas.

lucky
07-11-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm a ST holder but won't be going due work commitments.

kaimendhibs
07-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Have a season ticket but can't go because I'm working.

Sent from my iphone

Sir David Gray
07-11-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm a season ticket holder who won't be there on Saturday due to work.

Absolutely nothing at all to do with our managerial situation.

If I wasn't working, I would have been there on Saturday, regardless of whether Fenlon had still been there or not.

Barring the appointment of someone like Craig Levein, who our manager is makes very little difference to whether or not I'll be in attendance.

Bronson
07-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Good to hear, i sympathise with the work commitments, i have the same issue myself quite often.

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Have a season ticket but can't go because I'm working.

Sent from my iphone

Fire in a lieu day, pal! The export won't last forever :wink::thumbsup:

Hibercelona
08-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Can't make it to the game this weekend. But will be heading up north for the game against County.

frazeHFC
08-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Can't make the game as off to Geordie land, next games County in the cup looking forward to it!

Craig_HFC
08-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I said that I wouldn't be back until Fenlon was gone, so I'll stand by that and be at the game on Saturday.

:greengrin