PDA

View Full Version : Get Out Clause in Fenlons Contract Next Month?

andy1875
31-10-2013, 03:20 PM
I read an article on the Scotsman earlier which detailed a reporter seemingly asking if there was any truth that there was a clause in Fenlons contract that allowed the contract to be mutually terminated after 2 years i.e next month.

Fenlon said it was his and the clubs business and wouldn't comment.

Sorry I can't post the link on my phone.

Very interesting if true.

JimBHibees
31-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I read an article on the Scotsman earlier which detailed a reporter seemingly asking if there was any truth that there was a clause in Fenlons contract that allowed the contract to be mutually terminated after 2 years i.e next month.

Fenlon said it was his and the clubs business and wouldn't comment.

Sorry I can't post the link on my phone.

Very interesting if true.

Is next month tomorrow?

TamHibs
31-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Is next month tomorrow?

I would imagine it would be the 27th, exactly 2 years to the day he joined us.

Jones28
31-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Please, please, please let there be something in this.

JimBHibees
31-10-2013, 03:35 PM
I would imagine it would be the 27th, exactly 2 years to the day he joined us.

Ok cheers that seems like about 3 years away given last nights result. :greengrin Given he was coming from Ireland IMO any compensation in his last year surely cannot be in any way a significant amount I wouldnt have thought.

Velma Dinkley
31-10-2013, 03:36 PM
The contract can be mutually terminated at any time

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 03:36 PM
There should be a new 'get out clause' added to his contract.

A get the **** out and don't ever come back clause.

brog
31-10-2013, 03:37 PM
The contract can be mutually terminated at ant time

Any contract can be mutually terminated!

andy1875
31-10-2013, 03:39 PM
The contract can be mutually terminated at any time

I suspect this clause may allow Hibs to say thanks, but cheerio without having to pay compo.

Just guessing though.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2013, 03:39 PM
If that's the case, I'd hope RP could negotiate one month early and pay PF a month's pay to do one.

Failing that, let us pray that there is a clause and - importantly - RP has the sense to use it! :aok:

Velma Dinkley
31-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Any contract can be mutually terminated!

Well done lol ;)

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Could be the reason he was given more time after malmo knowing no compo needed to get rid November. Hope so. Needs to go and deserves no reward

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Some boy in the boozer last night before the game was telling me Pat was on his way back to Ireland no matter what the outcome of last nights game. Shelbourne rings a bell, but I could hardly hear what he was saying! :-)

I hope he is right though!

marleyhib
31-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Is there a get out clause in my season ticket if he stays?

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 03:54 PM
If the clause exists and it is on the basis of two years from the anniversary of his appointment date, then that is up at the end of this month.

If the board have decided or decided in the next few days they want him to go, I can't see them or Fenlon quibbling over three or four weeks salary. Even Petrie would pay that up.

Get the impression, with Fenlon's contract up at the end of the season, both him and Petrie were happy to toddle along and see how the season goes before discussing his future beyond May. Our run of one defeat in 9, especially the wee six game spell where we won four and drew two directly after, following the derby defeat in August bought him until now. It'll take another similar run to keep him in his job. The next bad defeat could see him gone.

I think the next 72 hours could be interesting and depending on the result on Sunday, Monday could be a telling day.

Haymaker
31-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Some boy in the boozer last night before the game was telling me Pat was on his way back to Ireland no matter what the outcome of last nights game. Shelbourne rings a bell, but I could hardly hear what he was saying! :-)

Shamrock Rovers iirc mate.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Shamrock Rovers iirc mate.

I'll settle for that!

southern hibby
31-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Is there a get out clause in my season ticket if he stays?

Went to Easter Road today and handed my season ticket back to Hibs. Really was hard to do but got to the point I can't stand what's happening to the team I love with every fibre of my being.

If someone thinks I'm over dramatic ( toys out the pram syndrome) that's fine but at least I'm trying to improve Hibs with action rather than words. However I do not think 1 solitary season ticket handed back will achieve anything but maybe just maybe Petrie might take notice.

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Went to Easter Road today and handed my season ticket back to Hibs. Really was hard to do but got to the point I can't stand what's happening to the team I love with every fibre of my being.

If someone thinks I'm over dramatic ( toys out the pram syndrome) that's fine but at least I'm trying to improve Hibs with action rather than words. However I do not think 1 solitary season ticket handed back will achieve anything but maybe just maybe Petrie might take notice.

Was there any reaction or was it meekly accepted without comment?

Hibby70
31-10-2013, 04:28 PM

Unless you handed it to Rod Petrie I'm not sure your action will have had any impact at all (apart from stopping you getting in again when Leigh signs in January and Alex Ferguson takes over from Fenlon)

InterviewLoI
31-10-2013, 04:28 PM

Pat is managing a bohs xi in a testimonial in november against shels. that could be it

southern hibby
31-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Was there any reaction or was it meekly accepted without comment?

Lady that took it actually asked for my number and said she would try and get someone to phone me back. Seemed genuinely concerned until I said can you get Rod or paddy to phone me back. Was then informed would pass my request to Rods PA. GGTTH

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Lady that took it actually asked for my number and said she would try and get someone to phone me back. Seemed genuinely concerned until I said can you get Rod or paddy to phone me back. Was then informed would pass my request to Rods PA. GGTTH

You should take the opportunity to ask if you can get a refund for the first 3 months of the season. There must be something in the Trades Description Act or Consumer Protection legislation to cover the acceptance of money without providing a satisfactory standard of service!

:wink:

hibee_nation
31-10-2013, 11:23 PM

He noticed alright, it's up for sale on ebay. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
01-11-2013, 05:49 AM

:faf:

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2013, 07:06 AM

:faf: