PDA

View Full Version : Togetherness

31-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Firstly, i'd just like to start off by saying that I, like every other hibs supporter, is bitterly disappointed about last nights result. There is no way we should be getting beat off that *****. And, well as for their truly vile, smug fanbase who again showed their true colours last night on the street of Easter road when a group of them started shouting "fenion *******s" at a group of young hibs guys. I HATE loosing to them, it's an absolute sickner because in their position we really should be beating them easily but as usual they turn up with a better attitude.

However, we can't just let everything completely fall apart because of one game. Yes, we are all disappointed and frustrated and a lot of that has been vented in the last wee while. The fans have absolutely every right to vent their anger and frustration towards the board, the team and the manager as once again we have been subjected to another humiliation and been badly let down. The fans as usual turned up but the team never delivered - the usual story! But we need to keep some kind of unity. IMO if things compeltely combust from here as a result of last night and thousands of fans turn their backs, abuse the players etc. then to me thats an even bigger victory for the jambos than last nights result. They are in a terrible mess themselves and would love if they brought us down into a mess aswell. They've got their win, it might keep them smug for a wee while but it'll soon be back to reality for them.

I'm not happy with the current situation but we need to keep together and make this better - lets put last nights disappointment behind us and support the club we love.

GGTTH

SlickShoes
31-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm 30 and have seen some horrible hibs teams, there has always been something there to make me want to come back.

The club has called on the fans to come out in full force since we started struggling a few years ago, so I did, I bought 3 half season tickets for the last few season, I went to the cup run that led to THAT 5-1 drubbing, I went to the cup run that led to us not turning up against Celtc, I went to the Malmo game to get behind the team and manager and we got cuffed 7-0.

It's beyond depressing now, I can't emphasize enough how BAD this hearts team is, they are awful, I have never seen a worse Hearts team, they are 15 points a drift at the foot of the SPL, they will be relegated, they won't come back up, they are THAT bad. We are worse, yet somehow have points on the board.

The amount of money it costs to support hibs in comparison to what people earn just now makes going to watch this utter drivel one of the worst investments a person could make.

People feel used, people don't care, we support the team and things get worse and worse and worse, there comes a time when there is nothing left to give. We have reached that point, I am done spending money on hibs until things changed, I won't be blackmailed by a chairman telling us we need to support the team or the manager has no money, the media get on the fans back for booing, the board blames us, the players and management think we are unreasonable but we have seen this all before too many times.

it's just not worth it.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm 30 and have seen some horrible hibs teams, there has always been something there to make me want to come back.

The club has called on the fans to come out in full force since we started struggling a few years ago, so I did, I bought 3 half season tickets for the last few season, I went to the cup run that led to THAT 5-1 drubbing, I went to the cup run that led to us not turning up against Celtc, I went to the Malmo game to get behind the team and manager and we got cuffed 7-0.

It's beyond depressing now, I can't emphasize enough how BAD this hearts team is, they are awful, I have never seen a worse Hearts team, they are 15 points a drift at the foot of the SPL, they will be relegated, they won't come back up, they are THAT bad. We are worse, yet somehow have points on the board.

The amount of money it costs to support hibs in comparison to what people earn just now makes going to watch this utter drivel one of the worst investments a person could make.

People feel used, people don't care, we support the team and things get worse and worse and worse, there comes a time when there is nothing left to give. We have reached that point, I am done spending money on hibs until things changed, I won't be blackmailed by a chairman telling us we need to support the team or the manager has no money, the media get on the fans back for booing, the board blames us, the players and management think we are unreasonable but we have seen this all before too many times.

it's just not worth it.

:top marks

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 03:16 PM
However, we can't just let everything completely fall apart because of one game.

GGTTH

I think you'll find that is NOT what's happening, if it helps.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Togetherness- sounds like Petrie's next s**** advertising campaign.

flash
31-10-2013, 04:06 PM
It's not even the worst Hibs team this decade never mind ever. It's the fact that the manager can't get out of them what he should.

Get a new guy in and the place could be lifted again. Fail to act and the future doesn't bare thinking about.

steakbake
31-10-2013, 04:12 PM
More false dawns than a Tatooine sunrise. (Star Wars folk ken whits goin oan)...

Fans have been promised and the club hasn't delivered. Fans have been patient - number of times h:net posters insist on not judging a manager until he's got a full team picked by him is testament to that. The team have been hammered and humiliated more times in the last two/three years than you care to remember.

If things don't improve, I worry that the decline will be irreversible. Petrie can only cry wolf so often before people lose interest.

hibbeedavid
31-10-2013, 04:19 PM
You could potentially argue that last night the hibs fanbase couldn't have been more together, the poll on here suggests 97% want Fenlon gone, if that's not a fanbase pulling together in the same direction I don't know what is? The problem is the board won't admit yet another managerial appointment disaster and since when did they care about us fans anyway!

truehibernian
31-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Rod Petrie standing down would have me doing cartwheels - he's a huge part of the malaise and has presided over failure for over 5 years. Every other industry has a revamp, a rebranding, a refresh - not Hibernian Football Club - still the stale old suits that walk around the place.

The place needs invigorated top to bottom. Starting with Roderick :agree:

And I want that wee lad on here (Irish lad) to do Hibs TV interviews or be employed by Hibs - we are losing young fans but off the pitch that wee lad has more energy than the whole Hibs team - small details make a big difference and he always puts a wee smile on my face and spring in my step when I watch his stuff online...............absolute flying off tangents I know :greengrin but Hibs, give that boy a job and get rid of the lad who sounds like he is trying to sell timeshare !! :aok:

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 04:25 PM

it's just not worth it.

This.

Especially the part about being used.

The fact Mr Nice Guy is still in a job is proof for me that the board are taking the piss.

**** them.

chrisski33
31-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Firstly, i'd just like to start off by saying that I, like every other hibs supporter, is bitterly disappointed about last nights result. There is no way we should be getting beat off that *****. And, well as for their truly vile, smug fanbase who again showed their true colours last night on the street of Easter road when a group of them started shouting "fenion *******s" at a group of young hibs guys. I HATE loosing to them, it's an absolute sickner because in their position we really should be beating them easily but as usual they turn up with a better attitude.

However, we can't just let everything completely fall apart because of one game. Yes, we are all disappointed and frustrated and a lot of that has been vented in the last wee while. The fans have absolutely every right to vent their anger and frustration towards the board, the team and the manager as once again we have been subjected to another humiliation and been badly let down. The fans as usual turned up but the team never delivered - the usual story! But we need to keep some kind of unity. IMO if things compeltely combust from here as a result of last night and thousands of fans turn their backs, abuse the players etc. then to me thats an even bigger victory for the jambos than last nights result. They are in a terrible mess themselves and would love if they brought us down into a mess aswell. They've got their win, it might keep them smug for a wee while but it'll soon be back to reality for them.

I'm not happy with the current situation but we need to keep together and make this better - lets put last nights disappointment behind us and support the club we love.

GGTTH
Is that you pat?

Jones28
31-10-2013, 04:56 PM

GGTTH

It isnt one game though is it? This is merely the tipping point in what has been a pretty ****ty past 3-4 years.

Reality for them is that they are going to get out of this malaise and be back to normal within 4-5 years.

We have done our part, it's up to the club to deliver for us, rather than us doing our bit in blind faith.