PDA

View Full Version : New Hibs Manager

Pages : [1] 2

Speedway
31-10-2013, 09:36 AM
The overwhelming view on the board is that Pat's time is up and the press speculation is that there's an out in his contract that can be triggered today.

Also news gossip claiming that Tony Mowbray has been spotted in Edinburgh this morning.

Who would you like as the new Hibs Manager from the most likely choices?

ScottB
31-10-2013, 09:43 AM
For me, give Ian Murray a go. There's no way he'd have presided over a nonsense like last night. He's on an upward trajectory career wise (hopefully anyway) and we could keep Nichol around to offer experience. Also getting Boozy more involved in the set up would be nice too.

Mowbray, no thanks, far too chequered a career since he left and the pressure would be enormous, no thanks to Sheils either, too much baggage.

nribs
31-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Archibald from Partick Thistle.

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Butcher. But it won't happen. He has too much common sense.

Speedway
31-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Whoever we get, I bet we play whatever club Fenlon is in charge of next and I bet they win.

Makaveli
31-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Don't want Nicholl and unsure about Zod, but any of the rest.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Jimmy Calderwood would be my first choice, after that I say just about anyone else would be a step up from Fenlon.

J-C
I voted Mowbray because he's available asap for no compensation, Butcher would be my number one pick, he's a no nonsense manager, can spot a player and is able to gel his squads quickly every year, also plays a good brand of football but we'd have to pay too much to get him.

Finbar
The more I think about it the more I want Mowbray back. We've got a decent squad of players, he'd get them playing.

hibseleven
31-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Terry Butcher, Stuart McCall, or as we wouldn't have to pay a penny Mowbray.

NatureBoy
31-10-2013, 09:55 AM
For me Mowbray. He wasn't great at Boro but also not terrible, just look at the current SPL managers who performed a lot worse than Mogga in England Butcher, Mcinnes and McCall! SPL should prove an easier stomping ground for him to navigate and he'd he loads of the right connections.

scoopyboy
I voted for Kenny Shiels, but I only want it to be til the end of the season.

Then review the situation.

Thecat23
Terry Butcher, Stuart McCall, or as we wouldn't have to pay a penny Mowbray.

This.

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Has it not occured to the board that if we splash out on a proper manager, we'd get away with squandering less on players wages?

We could bring in somebody like Butcher or McCall and bring player in on half the amount of wages as this sorry lot and the football would still be considerably better.

SlickShoes
31-10-2013, 09:57 AM
I voted for Mowbray simply because no other SPL manager on that list would benefit from coming to Hibs, they are already doing well in the SPL becoming manager of our shambles is a stupid career move.

IFONLY
31-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Butcher. But it won't happen. He has too much common sense.
I am of the opinion that Butcher is a shoe in to be the manager at Ibrox once the currants get back in the Premier League

TowerHibs
31-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Peter Grant is getting too much media attention at the minute for it to be a coincidence

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Peter Grant is getting too much media attention at the minute for it to be a coincidence

Please no! :boo hoo:

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 10:00 AM
As mentioned on another thread, we should look at Jackie McNamara. He'd cost but so would letting crowds drop to 5000.

GavinHarris 10
31-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Is Alex mcleish free? Quite a big chance he wouldn't come back! What about letting Nicholl have a chance for a few weeks and see how he'll do, if fenlon goes now

Treadstone
31-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Whoever we get, I bet we play whatever club Fenlon is in charge of next and I bet they win.

No chance. Fenlon has went as high in the football ladder and failed miserably. Back to Ireland soon and his UK management career is over.

Totally lived up to his underwhelming appointment.

kdhibees1
31-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Haha. Would not surprise me!!

GreenCastle
31-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Butcher and McCall quite possibly will be at Ibrox sooner rather than later.

MON is a national manager so we missed that boat.

Mowbray while he has his flaws at least would get us playing football - but 2nd time around and would he really want to come back?

Archibald isn't ready for this job yet.

Shiels - would bring passion but his record isn't that great except a cup win - 30% win ratio. Fenlon is 36% right now!

I still believe it doesn't matter who we appoint - they will fail due to the club structure and lack of leadership / vision from above.

Squealing pig
31-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Think fenlon will do a wotherspoon, improve greatly on leaving hibs, and pis us of even more....

hibseleven
31-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Think fenlon will do a wotherspoon, improve greatly on leaving hibs, and pis us of even more.... I'm quite happy to take that chance.

offshorehibby
31-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I've went for with Butcher in the poll but i think he has a settled life up in Inverness and it would take a lot to prize him away and i don't mean money.

Sheils, i'm not sold on at all

Mowbray would not be a hit second time round and the golden generation helped his career immensely.

Ian Murry, if we were looking at an up and coming manager Ian seems to be learning fine with Dumbarton, is it to early for him.

Speedway
31-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Butcher is in the lead - why?

Coventry - Sacked Win % 33
Sunderland - Sacked Win % 30
Motherwell - Resigned Win % 34
Sydney FC - Sacked Win % 39
Brentford - Sacked Win % 21
Scotland - Sacked
ICT - Relegated then promoted now mediocre since 2009. Win % 40 (Lost more than he's won in the SPL)

Average Win % 36

Fenlon Win % 53 (At Hibs 36%)

Why is Butcher the right man?

ScottB
31-10-2013, 10:33 AM
I've went for with Butcher in the poll but i think he has a settled life up in Inverness and it would take a lot to prize him away and i don't mean money.

Sheils, i'm not sold on at all

Mowbray would not be a hit second time round and the golden generation helped his career immensely.

Ian Murry, if we were looking at an up and coming manager Ian seems to be learning fine with Dumbarton, is it to early for him.

Our two best managers in recent times had less managerial experience than Ian has now...

Speedway
31-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Mowbray by the way, has won more than he's lost at every club he's been at.

DanHFC1875
31-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I've genuinely jacked it for a good while.
Goodbye and good luck.

Hibercelona

Scotland - Sacked
ICT - Relegated then promoted now mediocre since 2009. Win % 40 (Lost more than he's won in the SPL)

Average Win % 36

If ICT are what you consider to be mediocre right now, for a club of its size. Where does that place us?

hibIBZ
Ian Murray for me. Has shown that he can get the best out of players, played at a high level himself and understands what it means to play fir the hibs

Speedway
31-10-2013, 10:39 AM
If ICT are what you consider to be mediocre right now, for a club of its size. Where does that place us?

It places us as terminally crap, why?

offshorehibby
31-10-2013, 10:48 AM

Scotland - Sacked

Average Win % 36

Mowbray by the way, has won more than he's lost at every club he's been at.

While i went with Butcher i have an open mind. In Scotland today TB has excelled at Inverness over the last couple of seasons. He has an eye for a player and seems to have some good contacts with some of the players he has plucked from nowhere.
People say that a lot of managers have a club that they excel at and maybe Inverness is that club for TB.

I'm guessing Mowbray is your choice. personally i think he'd be a disaster second time round. If not Mowbray who else is on your list.

yekimevol
31-10-2013, 11:21 AM
1) Tony Mowbray
2) Ian Murray
3) Kenny Shiels

Would really like to seem some proper football at ER, All these manager believe in getting the ball down and playing attacking football.

TRC
31-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Ole Gunnar Solskjær,

Leishy1995
31-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Ole Gunnar Solskjær,

We wish.

Biggie
31-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I'd like to see ian murray take on the gig....knows what it means to us

Benny Brazil
31-10-2013, 11:39 AM
John Collins as Head Coach - Neil Warnock as Director of Football.

lucky
31-10-2013, 11:39 AM
We are not going to get McLeish, Mogga, Butcher or McCall due to wages/compensation. It will cheap an. Cheerful. So its between Shields , Jimmy Calderwood or Ian Murray

nribs
31-10-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd like to see ian murray take on the gig....knows what it means to us
So did Yogi and Mixu

Leithenhibby
31-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Until Pat Fenlon leaves/ gets the sack, we can wish for who we like.

Right now it ain't happening :rolleyes:

sadtom
31-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I am of the opinion that Butcher is a shoe in to be the manager at Ibrox once the currants get back in the Premier League

Butcher slated the huns for their bigotry in his book. He is not to popular with the orcs because of it. So there may be a groundswell of hun opinion against him.
Equally, if he and it would appear his missus, (as it was she that pointed out to him that he had been getting sucked into the sectarian quagmire) may not be to keen on going through it all again.
He does seen happy in Scotland so maybe the next biggest option (potentially) Hibs or the sheep would allow for his home/lifestyle here and a a bigger club with better infrastucture/potential may be of interest to him.
Wouldnt dismiss out of hand. Shy bairns get nowt.

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2013, 11:52 AM

Scotland - Sacked

Average Win % 36

Is this silly thread of the day???

LeithBoozy
31-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Billy Brown, only joking. :cb

bingo70
31-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I'd like us to go for a foreigner that puts a big emphasis on playing football the right way and has a lot of contacts outwith Britain and Ireland.

I don't have any names though.

ehf
31-10-2013, 11:58 AM

Don't see us playing in the Connemara District Under 5s league any time soon...

The Modfather
31-10-2013, 12:12 PM
John Collins for me. Finish what he started in actually transforming our club from top to bottom and changing our culture. Not a few things aesthetically, and talking a good game, like Fenlon but no real substance to the claims.

Get him a proper number 2 with contacts and experience (an example of a relationship being David Dein and how he used to steer Wenger/push him to do things that his natural stubbornness might blind him to) and get Farmer to be the one to buy in to this. IMO this is the key component (but sadly also the least likely outcome) in everything, get Farmers buy in and Petrie becomes an irrelevance not an insurmountable hurdle.

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Archibald from Partick Thistle.

Good shout

Big Sexy Dave
31-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Collins, Mowbray, Shiels in that order. At this moment in time I'd take Zippy and Bungle to be honest.

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2013, 12:25 PM

Scotland - Sacked

Average Win % 36

Good point, well made. It's about results and Butcher is actually pretty poor. I can't understand the love-in with him on this board. But when did cold, hard facts ever get in the way of decisions like these?

TheReg!
31-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I would love to say John Collins and Ian Murray as his No2 but this ain't gonna happen.

Alex McLeish, Tony Mowbery or Ian McCall.

Petrie IMHO needs to go, he has had his time and has to fall on his sword for any real progress to be made on the park.

harvthehibee
31-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Voted for Mowbray speaking realistically hes available with no compensation. Butcher simply would be mad to leave ICT to manage us and I think its never gonna happen as he knocked back the chance to go down south. So I say its Mowbray, did well in his last spell and at least the style of football would almost certainly change. Part of me can see us giving Jimmy Nic until the end of the season and all. One thing is for sure we cannot afford to give Fenlon another transfer window if he's not going to be here next season.

Fed up of being so disappointed every time a big game comes up they crumple like a house of cards.

12AlbionPlace
31-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Collins, Mowbray, Shiels in that order. At this moment in time I'd take Zippy and Bungle to be honest.

Would there not be a compo issue with Z and B, are they still under contract at ITV.

1875STEVE
31-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Ive voted Butcher, but my first choice would be Paul Sturrock.

If I had to give a shortlist of 5:

Paul Sturrock
Terry Butcher
Tony Mowbray
Stuart McCall
Michael O'Neill

Outside of that, Ian Murray is still a couple of seasons away from being ready IMO.

Jimmy Calderwood could be worth a punt. plenty experience.

Maybe we should look abroad??? outside the SPL goldfish bowl??? I duno.

nribs
31-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I would love to say John Collins and Ian Murray as his No2 but this ain't gonna happen.

Alex McLeish, Tony Mowbery or Ian McCall.

Petrie IMHO needs to go, he has had his time and has to fall on his sword for any real progress to be made on the park. Hopefully you meant Stuart McCall on not rhe Sh*t in the shoe Ian McColl

VPHIBEE
31-10-2013, 12:56 PM
John Collins for me. Finish what he started in actually transforming our club from top to bottom and changing our culture. Not a few things aesthetically, and talking a good game, like Fenlon but no real substance to the claims.

Get him a proper number 2 with contacts and experience (an example of a relationship being David Dein and how he used to steer Wenger/push him to do things that his natural stubbornness might blind him to) and get Farmer to be the one to buy in to this. IMO this is the key component (but sadly also the least likely outcome) in everything, get Farmers buy in and Petrie becomes an irrelevance not an insurmountable hurdle.

As I have said before, the 2007 team won the cup despite him not because of him. A terrible man manger. Just the guy to replace our incumbent inept manager who can't motivate a team right enough!

Never ever please.

ScottB
31-10-2013, 01:04 PM
We need a young coach in the mould of the likes of Laudrop and others that are just starting to make their mark on the game, someone who likely hasn't had a top job yet, maybe they are a coach at a bigger club, or just someone with all the right ideas. Someone who will reinvent the way we do things with real modern thinking.

I don't believe experience is required, at least not as a manager, it's whether the guy has the right ideas, the right approach, the right network etc.

But that requires a vision and depth of thinking our Board seems to lack. Ian Murray is the closest I can think of to that approach that we will be likely to go for. Not interested in any of the current crop of Premiership managers, because the ones we can get aren't good enough and the good ones have nothing to gain by coming to us.

GreenCastle
McLeish / Shiels are the only ones who I seriously think would consider it - mainly being out of work.

Peter Grant - have seen him do some coaching sessions and was impressed with his manner - style - no nonsense etc. But has limited experience at management.

Others to consider - David Unsworth - was doing work with the Scottish FA but I think he's now down at Everton U21's

Paul Sheerin - done well with limited resources at Arbroath - but maybe too big a jump for him.

I would also seriously consider Collins - he's around Edinburgh still - but doubt he would come back with RP involved.

As already stated this constant changing of mangers and style doesn't help - Fenlon needs to go but you either bring in someone who can manage and coach the 1st team and over see the youths etc or bring in a Director of Football who oversees and works with the coach of the 1st team of the whole process. Then even if the manager/coach has to leave the next person who comes in slots into the style / work already been put in place. The DOF and Manager / Coaches relationship is crucial though - along with that with our useless board.

sadtom
Voted for Mowbray.
Would be happy enough with any one of TM, Butcher, McLeish or McCall.

Would like to see Ian Murray come into the coaching staff under any of the above and trained up for the job further down the line. Try and create a sort of 'boot room' conveyor belt.

The Green Goblin
31-10-2013, 01:07 PM
General Zod for me. Absolute self-belief in his cause, knows what he`s supposed to do, does it and even when he loses, at least him and his team`ll go down fighting to the last breath.

The Green Goblin
31-10-2013, 01:09 PM
General Zod for me. Absolute self-belief in his cause, knows what he`s supposed to do, does it and even when he loses, at least him and his team`ll go down fighting to the last breath.

Although I suspect Petrie would soon negociate all those qualities out of him.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Voted for Mowbray.
Would be happy enough with any one of TM, Butcher, McLeish or McCall.

Would like to see Ian Murray come into the coaching staff under any of the above and trained up for the job further down the line. Try and create a sort of 'boot room' conveyor belt.

Ian murray is a manager in his own right, why would he give up the freedom to make his own choices himself just to then go back to being a coach under some other guy ? maybe he's quite happy being a manager himself

J-C
31-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Ian murray is a manager in his own right, why would he give up the freedom to make his own choices himself just to then go back to being a coach under some other guy ? maybe he's quite happy being a manager himself

Maybe as an assistant then

nribs
31-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Jimmy Nicholl 4/1 favourite with Jimmy Calderwood next at 8's

Big Sexy Dave
31-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Would there not be a compo issue with Z and B, are they still under contract at ITV.
Think we could force them out of retirement, failing that I'd go for Bono and Midge Ure.

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Nothing in the papers about him resigning or being sacked. His interviews still suggest he's going nowhere.

He thought Hibs were 'unlucky' last night and deserved to win, which doesn't sound like a man that thinks he's doing anything wrong.

Incidentally, what is this alleged get out clause?

southsider
31-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Would have Butcher or McCall in a heartbeat but failing that how about Ian Holloway ?

Andy74
31-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Would have Butcher or McCall in a heartbeat but failing that how about Ian Holloway ?

Inverness are fairly muscular and direct even though they get a fair bit of success and score some nice goals out of it, how would that go down? Recent away from has been a bit iffy.

A McCall team lost to Aberdeen last night having played against 10 men for 77 minutes. That's worse than we were against them wasn't it?

I'm not sure either of these will fit the bill in terms of the criticisms of the current one.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe as an assistant then

i honestly can't think of any manager that has stood down from a managers role just to be an understudy for a manager at another club(in club football) :confused: might be the odd exception possibly, but it does sound like a step backwards/downwards :dunno:

Peevemor
31-10-2013, 01:38 PM
i honestly can't think of any manager that has stood down from a managers role just to be an understudy for a manager at another club(in club football) :confused: might be the odd exception possibly, but it does sound like a step backwards/downwards :dunno:

Derek Adams?

The Sea-gull

Is the fact that Sash (Jimmy Nic) is already there being taken into account that Tango (Calderwood) could join him. They did ok at Aberdeen but there is something about Jimmy Calderwood I just can't take to. Also heard that he has been approached a couple of times before but nothing came of it and I seem to remember him mouthing off about Petrie not being keen on him.

Trouble is, it seems that Petrie is not an easy man to work with and this is known hence his track record of appointing soft "yes" men and anyone who will stand up to him (Collins, Mixu and Yogi) being punted.

For example, was told Craig Brown was approached before we appointed Calderwood and he said he would otherwise have taken it as he thought we were a good club but turned it down as he had heard that managing Hibs was a dififcult job due to "an overbearing input from upstairs".

nribs
Derek Addams?

Beefster
I don't want a new manager selected from a list of the same old suspects. I want a bit of research into who is actually available within and outside the UK and the next guy selected because he fits into the way Hibs want to do things.

J-C
31-10-2013, 01:39 PM

we're talking about Dumbarton, not a top team, Hibs assistant would be a big step up for him

Andy74
31-10-2013, 01:39 PM

Derek Adams did.

If Ian Murray was offered an Assistant Manager's job at an SPFL team he'd bite their hand off I'd imagine.

Anyway, no idea why he'd currently be considered for any job at Hibs at this stage.

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Derek Adams did.

If Ian Murray was offered an Assistant Manager's job at an SPFL team he'd bite their hand off I'd imagine.

Anyway, no idea why he'd currently be considered for any job at Hibs at this stage.

Still backing Pat Andy?

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Ian Murray should be left where he is and given time to develop as a manager without throwing him into the Lion's Den at Easter Road.

I can't believe some people have learned so little about the 'fans favourite' choices of ex-Hibbies.

p.s. I'll say it again, I've seen nothing to suggest that Fenlon is going anywhere anytime soon.

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Still backing Pat Andy?

Give the guy a break

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Tango and Sash at Hibs. It justs get better.

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Give the guy a break

Just asking a question, don't see the problem with that.

Andy74
31-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Still backing Pat Andy?

I think its obviously very difficult for him now.

I thought earlier in the week that if we managed to lose to Hearts on top of showing that we are a fair bit off Aberdeen that I'd probably be thinking that with his contract up for renewal anyway, that it would probably be best to look elsewhere. I actually think we were pretty close to destroying them last night although the hour that followed their goal was pretty dissapointing. So, I'm not convinced that I'm looking for him to go now, nor am I going to be too fussed about defening him either until we show a bit more progress in being able to attack. I think we are trying to, but it's just not happening.

So, yes and no. :greengrin

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Just asking a question, don't see the problem with that.

Sorry, he gets a lot of stick on here (been guilty myself) and I presumed you were just at it.

He's answered you already quite eloquently so let's leave it at that :wink:

truehibernian
31-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Tango and Sash at Hibs. It justs get better.

Awww paco mate, thank you buddy :greengrin that made me laugh out loud that post (the partnership description).

Fair brightened up my mood mate :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Derek Adams?

Derek Addams?

we're talking about Dumbarton, not a top team, Hibs assistant would be a big step up for him

Derek Adams did.

i did say the odd exception......name a few other names please :greengrin

ditto, imo the Hibs manager's job needs/requires an old head...and a lot of experience, Ian murray will keep...for at least another two seasons

ekhibee
31-10-2013, 01:52 PM
General Zod for me. Absolute self-belief in his cause, knows what he`s supposed to do, does it and even when he loses, at least him and his team`ll go down fighting to the last breath.This. Efficient, get's the job done. We need stability, so maybe if we got Darth Vader as his assistant?

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 01:54 PM
This. Efficient, get's the job done. We need stability, so maybe if we got Darth Vader as his assistant?

Only if we get to rename Easter Road "The Death Star"

truehibernian
31-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Only if we get to rename Easter Road "The Death Star"

Keekaboo, Luke f***ing Skywlaker hit the target on yon Death Star with his only shot on target too.........it's a no from me :greengrin

silverhibee
31-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I voted Mowbray because he's available asap for no compensation, Butcher would be my number one pick, he's a no nonsense manager, can spot a player and is able to gel his squads quickly every year, also plays a good brand of football but we'd have to pay too much to get him.

Pretty sure his contract runs out at the end of the season,ie Butcher, so it wouldn't really cost that much, just like it won't cost much to get rid of Fenlon.

Big Sexy Dave
31-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Was Derek Adams ever an assistant?

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I think its obviously very difficult for him now.

I thought earlier in the week that if we managed to lose to Hearts on top of showing that we are a fair bit off Aberdeen that I'd probably be thinking that with his contract up for renewal anyway, that it would probably be best to look elsewhere. I actually think we were pretty close to destroying them last night although the hour that followed their goal was pretty dissapointing. So, I'm not convinced that I'm looking for him to go now, nor am I going to be too fussed about defening him either until we show a bit more progress in being able to attack. I think we are trying to, but it's just not happening.

So, yes and no. :greengrin

I was actually beginning to soften towards him until the Aberdeen game. To me that was a huge marker. We are two similar sized clubs who have had similarly poor times of late but they just seemed to have more belief and desire about them. I am talking about their fans and their employees. They have something to buy into and I want that so much for Hibs whether it is under Pat or someone else but I just don't see it happening for Pat.

We tried so hard to murder Hearts last night. For half an hour our attitude and performance was spot on and nobody, not even the most ardent Jambo, would have grudged us being 3-0 up in that time frame. We were so unlucy and if it was just about luck in isolation then it would be easier to take but there is a bigger picture and it don't look great. We didn't handle losing the goal well. Understandably it broke our momentum but against poor opposition a better team should be able to get their momentum back. We never really looked close to getting anything like it back.

One of the chances that hits the woodwork goes in, McDonald doesn't make one of his saves, their defender misses the block at McPakes feet after Robertson's shot is beat away, Hanlon keeps his shot down or even if Craig had shown a bit more composure, things could have been so so different. That's football though, the line is so fine sometimes and in isolation last night is not so bad but given who it was against, the state they are in and all of the other bad results that have happened under Fenlon, it is difficult to see a future for him.

He has come through some bad stuff already but I think this may be bridge too far.

J-C
31-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure his contract runs out at the end of the season,ie Butcher, so it wouldn't really cost that much, just like it won't cost much to get rid of Fenlon.

Unfortunately you know how this board works, all on the cheap, they'll never pay 2 lots of compensation.

Peevemor
31-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Was Derek Adams ever an assistant?

Apart from at Hibs?

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Sorry, he gets a lot of stick on here (been guilty myself) and I presumed you were just at it.

He's answered you already quite eloquently so let's leave it at that :wink:

No problem. I know he gets quite a lot of stick on here and I have been guilty of niggling him a bit too. I don't feel bad though as he's not shy in being condecending when he disagrees with something someone says!!!!

Andy is passionate about his club as well all are and has been quite forth right in his opinions on Pat. He is largely recognised as Fenlon's biggest fan and one of the only ones who has continually backed him so just though it would be interesting to know his thoughts.

truehibernian
31-10-2013, 02:18 PM

The TV money from last night would pay off Pat SH - but let's not kid ourselves, we are owned by a multi millionaire so getting rid of Pat is chicken feed if we really want to - do they want to though.

Pat's strengths for me - he is stubborn, strong willed, doesn't walk away from critics and faces them - and he backs his players. He is a wee fighter.

His weaknesses - footballing wise, far too negative, can't seem to spot pace/creativity and plays players out of coached positions - expecting it to fall into place. He is indecisive in games and I've noticed players don't listen to him when instructions are passed - most recently at the Celtic game and Tudur Jones and Robbo blanking him - only Lewis and KT listened and passed on his instructions.

Here's a wee insight too which I found both amusing but telling - Neil Lennon, a few minutes after Hibs had scored, turned to Joe Ledley, a well paid international and good player, and shouted 'what the **** are you lot doing, away and ******* warm up' - without so much of a moan/grumble, all the 'Tic subs went and warmed up for 10 minutes - Ledley looked like a frightened lamb.

Our subs throughout the game laughed, joked and one or two went down the tunnel a few times to check the highlights - for me, I know it's maybe pedantic and silly, but it's telling.

Lennon and his players are true 'winners' - down to the finest detail. Hibs are not.

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Keekaboo, Luke f***ing Skywlaker hit the target on yon Death Star with his only shot on target too.........it's a no from me :greengrin

Well, I wouldn't care as I'd be too busy discussing intimate details of Gold Bikinis with Princess Leia.

Craig_in_Prague
31-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Just home, he still ain't gone?
Ffs.

CB_NO3
31-10-2013, 02:43 PM

Scotland - Sacked

Average Win % 36

Well going by your theory, no one is right for the job.
Mourinho sacked by Chelsea, could not hack it in Spain.
Avram Grant - sacked
Scolari - sacked
Mancini - sacked
Ancelloti - sacked.
The fact is Butcher has took a mini SPL team and turned them into a top 6 team with a shoe string budget. He signed 7 non league players at the start of the season and is in a semi final again and sitting well in the league.

Anyway Mogga for me.

Leighonel
31-10-2013, 02:44 PM
People that I think should be considered: Mixu, Ian Murray, Boozy, James McDonaugh.

I dont think mixu was ready first time round but I seem to remeber after he left us he went round quite a few big clubs to observe training coaching techniques and ended up doing well with Kilmarnock.

Ian Murray would be a bit riskier but he has a vision of how football should be played. He understands the needs and wants of the fans. Could be too early though.

Boozy is more of a suggestion as a coach. I seem to remember reading a couple of times that he has been doing well. Another who supports the club too.

James McDonaugh purely based on the way the u20's play or try to play. I dont know if others have noticed but when the young players come into the team they try and play properly that seems to be 'coached' out of them though. The way caldwell and handling link up when played together is evidence of this.

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Well going by your theory, no one is right for the job.
Mourinho sacked by Chelsea, could not hack it in Spain.
Avram Grant - sacked
Scolari - sacked
Mancini - sacked
Ancelloti - sacked.
The fact is Butcher has took a mini SPL team and turned them into a top 6 team with a shoe string budget. He signed 7 non league players at the start of the season and is in a semi final again and sitting well in the league.

Anyway Mogga for me.

Yep exactly.would take mcleish before mowbray

GoldenEagle
31-10-2013, 02:56 PM
We'll have a first team coach and a DoF type set up IMO.

leggeto
31-10-2013, 03:01 PM
There is no way the tash will sack him he will not pay compo its as simple as that he is here til the seasons end,but prob Stuart McCall for next season

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 03:07 PM
There is no way the tash will sack him he will not pay compo its as simple as that he is here til the seasons end,but prob Stuart McCall for next season

McCall might be a good shout but I'm slightly wary as the last few Motherwell managers have all been head hunted away and then crashed and burned. It may be that there is a really good structure there than managers/coaches succeed in.
Might be an idea to try and get Leanne Dempster in as CEO first.

truehibernian
31-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Well, I wouldn't care as I'd be too busy discussing intimate details of Gold Bikinis with Princess Leia.

The wee Ewoks would treat Rowan Vine as some kind of God :greengrin

ScottB
31-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Here's a wee insight too which I found both amusing but telling - Neil Lennon, a few minutes after Hibs had scored, turned to Joe Ledley, a well paid international and good player, and shouted 'what the **** are you lot doing, away and ******* warm up' - without so much of a moan/grumble, all the 'Tic subs went and warmed up for 10 minutes - Ledley looked like a frightened lamb.

Our subs throughout the game laughed, joked and one or two went down the tunnel a few times to check the highlights - for me, I know it's maybe pedantic and silly, but it's telling.

Lennon and his players are true 'winners' - down to the finest detail. Hibs are not.

Telling stuff, Celtic's players obviously have respect, and perhaps just the right amount of fear of Lennon. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that our players don't have any fear or respect for Pat.

jdships
31-10-2013, 03:23 PM
I did not vote for the simple reason the list provided is just a "KNEE JERK" and not one of those named would I believe be right for us at this moment in time
Please please please Petrie/Farmer/whoever do take some time before choosing .
We are not just at a " cross roads" we are on the slide yet again .
Who the blame lies with - Board/manager/players is incidental it has to be sorted PROPERLY
I remember Alex Miller saying to me :
" As far as football managers are concerned the Man must fit the Club and the Club must fit the Man "

Surely ion our case this is spot on :agree:

Andy74
31-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Telling stuff, Celtic's players obviously have respect, and perhaps just the right amount of fear of Lennon. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that our players don't have any fear or respect for Pat.

The same Celtic players that got a late draw against us?

The gulf between us and them financially and resource wise is vast. I don't think the wee story was very telling about anyhting.

brog
31-10-2013, 03:35 PM
I was actually beginning to soften towards him until the Aberdeen game. To me that was a huge marker. We are two similar sized clubs who have had similarly poor times of late but they just seemed to have more belief and desire about them. I am talking about their fans and their employees. They have something to buy into and I want that so much for Hibs whether it is under Pat or someone else but I just don't see it happening for Pat.

We tried so hard to murder Hearts last night. For half an hour our attitude and performance was spot on and nobody, not even the most ardent Jambo, would have grudged us being 3-0 up in that time frame. We were so unlucy and if it was just about luck in isolation then it would be easier to take but there is a bigger picture and it don't look great. We didn't handle losing the goal well. Understandably it broke our momentum but against poor opposition a better team should be able to get their momentum back. We never really looked close to getting anything like it back.

One of the chances that hits the woodwork goes in, McDonald doesn't make one of his saves, their defender misses the block at McPakes feet after Robertson's shot is beat away, Hanlon keeps his shot down or even if Craig had shown a bit more composure, things could have been so so different. That's football though, the line is so fine sometimes and in isolation last night is not so bad but given who it was against, the state they are in and all of the other bad results that have happened under Fenlon, it is difficult to see a future for him.

He has come through some bad stuff already but I think this may be bridge too far.

I think that's a fair assessment. With exception of St M game we probably played better last night, in parts, than at any time this season. We had more shots last night than in last 3 games put together. Unfortunately PF has to be judged on more than last night & much though I think he's a fine man he doesn't convince as a manager.

JimBHibees
31-10-2013, 03:37 PM

The gulf between us and them financially and resource wise is vast. I don't think the wee story was very telling about anyhting.

Other than demonstrate how much of an erse Lennon is. :greengrin

ScottB
31-10-2013, 03:41 PM

I would say the difference between having a manager whose instructions are followed without question, and having one that players openly ignore and disobey is pretty telling.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with budget.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Alex McLeish for me.

No more promising young managers or guys who have managed at one step above the highland league.

We need a manager who has done well at a good level and who knows not only Scottish Football but how to play football. For me thats McLeish. He left Hibs for more money and European football. Not the first or last Hibs manager who will do that. He did well at rangers before becoming Scotland manager which is never an easy gig.

From there to Birmingham City where he got them promoted to the EPL and also won the league cup. From there to Villa, where as an ex Birmingham manager he would probably have needed to win the league to be accepted and from there to Forest where he left after less than 2 months ?

77 Scotland caps
SPL winners medals
Scottish cup winners medals
League cup winners medals
Cup Winners Cup medal

Non of it as an OF player.

Has won things as a manager and took Hibs to 2001 cup final .. where he was unlucky with an injury to Frank and had the guts to drop Latapy .... though as the years go by I wish he hadnt.

As a player and manager he has seen it and done it ....... This is just the guy we need.

No compensation required. The only problem might be if he is looking for a job with more money and he has the temerity to ask Petrie for anything which might resemble a budget.

The_Horde
31-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Mixu round 2 with Murray as assistant. Please.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Shiels until the end of the season for me then assess from there.

marleyhib
31-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Voted Butcher, wanted him when we got rid of Calderwood. It's too late now there's no chance he'll come.

Will Petrie pick the next manager? he's made an erse of the last 2 appointments (if not more).

Fenlon aint the answer

GreenCastle
31-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Alex McLeish for me.

No more promising young managers or guys who have managed at one step above the highland league.

We need a manager who has done well at a good level and who knows not only Scottish Football but how to play football. For me thats McLeish. He left Hibs for more money and European football. Not the first or last Hibs manager who will do that. He did well at rangers before becoming Scotland manager which is never an easy gig.

From there to Birmingham City where he got them promoted to the EPL and also won the league cup. From there to Villa, where as an ex Birmingham manager he would probably have needed to win the league to be accepted and from there to Forest where he left after less than 2 months ?

77 Scotland caps
SPL winners medals
Cup Winners Cup medal

Has won things as a manager and took Hibs to 2001 cup final .. where he was unlucky with an injury to Frank and had the guts to drop Latapy .... though as the years go by I wish he hadnt.

As a player and manager he has seen it and done it ....... This is just the guy we need.

No compensation required. The only problem might be if he is looking for a job with more money and he has the temerity to ask Petrie for anything which might resemble a budget.

:aok:

The only main weakness he has is that he seems to leave clubs in a bad state just before he leaves them. He is out of work right now and has been helping the SFA out with coaching courses etc so would be a good fit.

He must have a good amount of contacts and it would be interesting to see the No 2 he would bring in - time up for JN also along with Fenlon?

Regarding Mixu - is he not still Finland National Team manager ? A better job than Hibs and although he loves Hibs couldn't see him back after the way he left.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 03:56 PM
:aok:

The only main weakness he has is that he seems to leave clubs in a bad state just before he leaves them. He is out of work right now and has been helping the SFA out with coaching courses etc so would be a good fit.

He must have a good amount of contacts and it would be interesting to see the No 2 he would bring in - time up for JN also along with Fenlon?

Regarding Mixu - is he not still Finland National Team manager ? A better job than Hibs and although he loves Hibs couldn't see him back after the way he left.

No way would Mixu come back.

It still amazes me that a guy who gave me so many great memories as a player got more abuse than Fenlon is getting now.

The way some fans turned on Mixu was shocking, it was Mixu ffs. If i was him and Hibs approached me i'd laugh then tell them to shove it.

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 04:02 PM
;3787590']Mixu round 2 with Murray as assistant. Please.

Mixu and Murray were good pals. Two stumbling blocks:-

1. Are we big enough for Mixu to leave an international job for? The only thing may be if he is tired of the travelling and misses the day to day stuff.

2. Don't get the impression Mixu and Petrie got on that great and parted on the best of terms. Though people can make up and work together again.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Voted Butcher, wanted him when we got rid of Calderwood. It's too late now there's no chance he'll come.

Will Petrie pick the next manager? he's made an erse of the last 2 appointments (if not more).

Fenlon aint the answer

i think everyone knows the answer to that one, he can deny it all he wants...but we know better

brog
31-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Is the fact that Sash (Jimmy Nic) is already there being taken into account that Tango (Calderwood) could join him. They did ok at Aberdeen but there is something about Jimmy Calderwood I just can't take to. Also heard that he has been approached a couple of times before but nothing came of it and I seem to remember him mouthing off about Petrie not being keen on him.

Trouble is, it seems that Petrie is not an easy man to work with and this is known hence his track record of appointing soft "yes" men and anyone who will stand up to him (Collins, Mixu and Yogi) being punted.

For example, was told Craig Brown was approached before we appointed Calderwood and he said he would otherwise have taken it as he thought we were a good club but turned it down as he had heard that managing Hibs was a dififcult job due to "an overbearing input from upstairs".

I have been a long time critic of RP but, other than sanctioning transfers he plays no part in what happens on the pitch at ER. No manager has ever complained about interference in their affairs. As for Craig Brown, he was working without a contract at Well & walked out to join Dons. If we had approached him he'd have been at ER before the phone went down!

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Alex McLeish for me.

77 Scotland caps
SPL winners medals
Cup Winners Cup medal

Wouldn't say no to McLeish but I think he would say no to us. He's still too big for us just now and probably not desparate enough just yet as will be looking for a bigger job. He needs to fail a couple more times before he would even look at us. Doubt he needs to take something for financial reasons.

Say we do get him and he does quite well, quite quickly. First sign of a better offer and he'd be off. I know the smae could be said for any manager but with McLeish's stock he'd be likely to get that offer quicker than others we could go for.

ScottB
31-10-2013, 05:09 PM
BBC Football Gossip page today has McLeish after the Palace job.

Think it's pretty unlikely he'd come back here.

Leithenhibby
31-10-2013, 05:17 PM
The overwhelming view on the board is that Pat's time is up and the press speculation is that there's an out in his contract that can be triggered today.

Also news gossip claiming that Tony Mowbray has been spotted in Edinburgh this morning.

Who would you like as the new Hibs Manager from the most likely choices?

I'd have Franck Sauzee at the top of my shopping list... :sauzee:

Northernhibee
31-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Ian Murray.

Talks of the need of a plan B and plan C when playing football, has Dumbarton way, way overachieving and is doing a fantastic job with them. Knows what it means to be a Hibee.

Confident that he'd be a signing of Mowbray proportions.

calmac12000
31-10-2013, 06:24 PM
What person in their right mind would want the bloody job?

SanFranHibs
01-11-2013, 08:49 AM
I would take back Mowbray.

He might not win much in the way of titles and silverware but if Hibs as a club are honest we are not looking to win the league. So what are we really looking for? In my opinion, a manager who will have a well organized team who play attractive football, win more games than they lose, be positive in their approach irrespective of opponent, aim for the upper end of the table every year and I don't mean 6th, hopefully get more decent cup runs and maybe most importantly instil a sense of self belief in our players.

however, I say Mowbray out of the choices given. McCleish I would welcome back as her has proved capable of inspred signings on our meagre budget.

Shiels does not inspre me. Butcher has done a great job at ICT but I am sure he is always keeping an eye on vacancies down south. Why would he need to prove again that he can steer a SPL team into the top 4 or 5 of our league and into europe? (Same could be said of Mowbray).

The rest do not inspre me and frankly I doubt would inspre the majority of fans.

However, to repeat myself, only my opinion from the names provided. Whatabout 'none of the above'?

Weststandwanab
01-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Don't see us playing in the Connemara District Under 5s league any time soon... Nice drop of stuff though !

Get him a proper number 2 with contacts and experience (an example of a relationship being David Dein and how he used to steer Wenger/push him to do things that his natural stubbornness might blind him to) and get Farmer to be the one to buy in to this. IMO this is the key component (but sadly also the least likely outcome) in everything, get Farmers buy in and Petrie becomes an irrelevance not an insurmountable hurdle. Great post and I agree.

offshorehibby
01-11-2013, 09:29 AM
I would take back Mowbray.

He might not win much in the way of titles and silverware but if Hibs as a club are honest we are not looking to win the league. So what are we really looking for? In my opinion, a manager who will have a well organized team who play attractive football, win more games than they lose, be positive in their approach irrespective of opponent, aim for the upper end of the table every year and I don't mean 6th, hopefully get more decent cup runs and maybe most importantly instil a sense of self belief in our players.

however, I say Mowbray out of the choices given. McCleish I would welcome back as her has proved capable of inspred signings on our meagre budget.

Shiels does not inspre me. Butcher has done a great job at ICT but I am sure he is always keeping an eye on vacancies down south. Why would he need to prove again that he can steer a SPL team into the top 4 or 5 of our league and into europe? (Same could be said of Mowbray).

The rest do not inspre me and frankly I doubt would inspre the majority of fans.

However, to repeat myself, only my opinion from the names provided. Whatabout 'none of the above'?

I'm sorry, at the start every season i am expecting to win the league and 2 cups. We should be challenging at the top end of the league every season.

I can't see Mowbray being able to manage on a small budget. You're saying Butcher would have one eye on a move down south. Mowbray would be off at the first decent job that came up.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2013, 09:34 AM
What person in their right mind would want the bloody job?

As ScottB has said McLeish has expressed interest in the Palace job, looks like he is thinking bigger than the SP. I have a bad feeling that none of the managers in the league will be looking to sup frae the poisoned chalice.

Having said that like many I am a fan of the way the lad at Partick Thistle has his team playing. Would have humped us about 3 - 0 the other week if they had been less profligate in front of goal. Too soon perhaps, but he might bring the two lads at right & left back who both appear to know how to cross the half way line.

Aldo
01-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry, at the start every season i am expecting to win the league and 2 cups. We should be challenging at the top end of the league every season. I can't see Mowbray being able to manage on a small budget. You're saying Butcher would have one eye on a move down south. Mowbray would be off at the first decent job that came up.

The will and want to win everything should be drummed into the players from the off. This is what we should be aiming for every season not just Top 6 and maybe a semi final.

Ambition should come from the top.

CB_NO3
01-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry, at the start every season i am expecting to win the league and 2 cups. We should be challenging at the top end of the league every season.

I can't see Mowbray being able to manage on a small budget. You're saying Butcher would have one eye on a move down south. Mowbray would be off at the first decent job that came up.
Ill admit, never in my life have I expected Hibs to win the league.

offshorehibby
01-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Ill admit, never in my life have I expected Hibs to win the league.

Why.

At the start of a season you should be full of expectation that we can achieve anything. I don't see the point of supporting a team if we haven't got that expectation.

sleeping giant
01-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Why.

At the start of a season you should be full of expectation that we can achieve anything. I don't see the point of supporting a team if we haven't got that expectation.

I agree. What's the point if you can't even dream ?

matty_f
01-11-2013, 10:05 AM
I said after the Malmo game that I'd like to see us look for a manager from Europe. Scottish football is stale, and the thought of another one from the managerial merry go round just doesn't appeal to me. Get someone fresh, with modern ideas and thinking, and push the club on.

hibsmad
01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I agree. What's the point if you can't even dream ?

We all dream. Expecting is something different altogether.

hibsmad
01-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Ian Murray.

Talks of the need of a plan B and plan C when playing football, has Dumbarton way, way overachieving and is doing a fantastic job with them. Knows what it means to be a Hibee.

Confident that he'd be a signing of Mowbray proportions.

Good post.

I hadn't voted on this poll yet because I simply don't know. I pointed out in another thread how disappointed I was when Mowbray was given the job, and then equally how happy I was when Hughes, Calderwood and Fenlon (after hearing his initial comments about what was required) were given the job. With this record my opinion would probably be completely wrong anyway.

You have just summed things up very simply though. When Mixu and Hughes were in the job, there stubbornness not to change things drove me absolutely mental. Calderwood was just hopeless on every level, and now Fenlon, although he changes little things here and there, ultimately has us playing the same boring football every week.

It has been ages since we have had a manager with a plan B!

**** it you've convinced me, Murrays the man! Somebody get his name up there so I can vote!

offshorehibby
01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Always the downside of a young successful manager is that if he's any good he'll only be here for a couple of seasons. I'd still rather have that and leave the footie on a Saturday with a smile on my face ans some positives to discuss in the pub after.

sleeping giant
01-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Think it was TrueHibernian who mentioned Duncan Ferguson ! That interests me !

01-11-2013, 10:52 AM
For me, I think Ian Murray is a good manger and he's a hibs fan so would certainly not lack passion and desire to win. Ian Murray will at one stage in his managerial career manage hibs i'm sure but for me now is not quite the right time. I'd like him to come to hibs once he has a bit more managerial experience under his belt so for me atm, I would have someone like Mowbray back in. Didn't quite go that well for him down south but he has plenty of experience and I think he would get the best out of the group of players we have.

I have to say, this is the first time that I've actually been in the "Fenlon must go" camp. Up until wednesdays defeat, I was still in the minority (although perhaps maybe slighty starting to sway) and was happy to keep Fenlon in charge. But i'm afraid now I feel that it's time up for him as I just no longer feel he is the right man to take this club forward. We don't have a terrible group of players but Fenlon just doesnt seem to be getting the best out of them. Fenlon was brought to the club with the main objective to simply keep us in the league after Calderwood left us in a terrible mess, that objective was met. We then had a cup final v hearts which god knows how we actually got to but we were nowhere near ready or able to cope with a game of that magnitude. I don't blame Fenlon for 5-1, It was Calderwoods team, Fenlon hadn't had any opportunity to shift out the utter garbage Calderwood brought in and bring in the players he wanted.

However, he built his own team which was certainly stronger than the team he was left behind but still not good enough and IMO if it wasn't for Griffiths last season, he would have been gone before now. Don't get me wrong, there have been great moments under Fenlon, Aberdeen semi final at hampden, knocking hearts out the SC, Falkirk semi final (second half anyway!), hearts at tynie etc. but i'm afraid there are too many lows that out weigh them and he will always be the manger that was in charge of so many utter humiliations.

Sorry Fenlon, your a lovely guy and I wish you all the best, but please for the sake of the club, stand down and let someone else have a go.

LancsHibs
01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Ian Holloway? Would have won that game playing his attacking style

PatHead
01-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Up until this week I really wanted PF to succeed and prove us all wrong. I couldn't see his "vision" and where he wanted us with regard to style. Perhaps the first half hour is where he wants us. Unfortunately he is not up to the job and has to go. Not sure who we will get, I have voted for Terry Butcher. What I do want more than anything though is a manager who will continue to play in the style our U20s/ Youth teams etc play so that we have a consistency throughout the club. It is important that the people in charge of the coaching set up more than Petrie and Co are involved in the appointment.

ekhibee
01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm sticking with General Zod. It's about time we had some discipline at the club, none of this nights out in George Street nonsense.

HappyHibby93
01-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Tony Mowbary is the man for me, No danger we'd get Butcher, and to be honest i don't particularly want. Kenny Shiels is a non starter, average manager with an ego that would do more harm than good.

SneakersO'Toole
01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I said after the Malmo game that I'd like to see us look for a manager from Europe. Scottish football is stale, and the thought of another one from the managerial merry go round just doesn't appeal to me. Get someone fresh, with modern ideas and thinking, and push the club on.

Bang on the money Matty.

Can we not think outside the box for once instead of going for the easy choices all the time, e.g. Mowbray, Murray. We, as a club, are so guilty of looking back all the time with little thought on innovative ways to move forward.

Shiels, Mowbray, Murray, Butcher - absolutely nothing inspiring about that lot IMO.

Keith_M
01-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm sticking with General Zod. It's about time we had some discipline at the club, none of this nights out in George Street nonsense.

I know I'm missing something obvious here but who the h*ll is General Zod?

:greengrin

DJ HIBBY
01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Finally the board have acted and sacked Fenlon :thumbsup:

As others have suggested I would like us to do more research and appoint an up and coming European manager who will change the structure of the club from top to bottom, having style of plays from the youths all the way to the first team. Similar to Roberto Martinez.

However, I can see Kenny Shiels being appointed at least until the end of the season. Something strikes me with his attendance this season that he has been waiting in the wings and lined up by the board. Although not against Kenny Shiels, I think he did do well with very limited resources at Killie, had the playing right way and won them a trophy along with a series of other impressive results.

The next managerial decision has to be the right one and I wouldnt be against appointing Shiels until the end of the season, giving him the opportunity to prove himself but also at the same time giving the board to do their research in the background for alternatives to find the right man.

Nevi_SOL
01-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Mark Venus

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
My top 5

Jimmy Calderwood
Tony Mowbray
Alex Mcleish
Jackie McNamara
Kenny Sheils (end of the season trial basis)

Really don't care though as long as they are successful.

DJ HIBBY
01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Finally the board have acted and sacked Fenlon :thumbsup:

As others have suggested I would like us to do more research and appoint an up and coming European manager who will change the structure of the club from top to bottom, having style of plays from the youths all the way to the first team. Similar to Roberto Martinez.

However, I can see Kenny Shiels being appointed at least until the end of the season. Something strikes me with his attendance this season that he has been waiting in the wings and lined up by the board. Although not against Kenny Shiels, I think he did do well with very limited resources at Killie, had the playing right way and won them a trophy along with a series of other impressive results.

The next managerial decision has to be the right one and I wouldnt be against appointing Shiels until the end of the season, giving him the opportunity to prove himself but also at the same time giving the board to do their research in the background for alternatives to find the right man.

Forgot to add, the manager should be the most expensive investment we should make and should have 100% power over all football matters at the club. Failing that a manager & director of football combination should be put in place.

MartinfaePorty
01-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Not a Shiels fan, I'm afraid. To be honest, I have no idea except to say I have a soft spot for big Eck, especially as he used to come into Mathers in Broughton St with the coaching squad after every home game, where I used to drink. However, sometimes you shouldn't go back, so someone with a bit of success inBritish football, possibly Scotland, would be good for me. Owen Coyle-type, albeit not necessarily him.

SlickShoes
01-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Lothar Matthaus, I'll throw that name in before one of the papers beat me to it as usual.

Paperboy
01-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Gutted Jurgen Klopp just signed an extension earlier this week. Dortmund must have been bricking it!

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Gutted Jurgen Klopp just signed an extension earlier this week. Dortmund must have been bricking it!

Or spewing they acted too quickly now that Pat Fenlon is available.

Aldo
01-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Ha ha we'd stand a better chance if getting wee jock poo pong mcploop. :-D
(I'll get ma coat)

Berwickhibby
01-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Thinking slightly outside the box, but how about Mark Venus with Jimmy Nicholl and Pat Nevin as assistants
:flag:

sesoim
01-11-2013, 03:33 PM
My choices would be:

1) Darren Ferguson
2) McCall
3) Butcher
4) Shiels
5) Mowbray
6) Nicholl (short term to see how he does)

My NO-NOs would be:

Peter Grant (why is he even being mentioned?), Billy Stark (same), Gary McAllister (hopeless), Collins (do we need another batch of rubbish signings like he inflicted on us last time?), and any other guy that is a "highly rated" coach. We need a proven manager this time, someone who can get teams high up the SPL on a limited budget (ie less than Hibs).

TheFamous1875
01-11-2013, 03:34 PM
We should be spending £200,000 on a manager, not a striker who doesn't suit our style of play. Hopefully we can suit him now though that Pat's gone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gustavo Fring
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
iv got a feeling were gonnae end up with kenny shiels . i wouldnt mind him gettin the rest of the season to see what he can do

Keith_M
01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Lothar Matthäus would be an interesting choice, if only for a chance to see his missus 'in the flesh', so to speak :wink:

LioNeilMessi
01-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Ian Holloway :agree:

NatureBoy
01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
I personally don't get the Collins love in, he inherited a great team from Mowbray. We were on a one way downward spiral under him. Some of his signings were truly woeful.

That's football I suppose boring if we all had the same opinion.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 03:48 PM
i've got a funny feeling the new manager is already employed at ER...

step forward Tam McCourt

cad
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Who`s going to pick Hibs next boss is the biggest question of all , ,Rods had enough chances , Lindsay and no strikers Levien made a James of it with Pat .
I ask in all sincerity WHO HAS THE REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE TO PICK OUR NEW BOSS ????? because I don't think we have anyone up to it .

Hibs7
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Just heard Butcher has turned down a new contract at ICT ...... Get in there Rod !!!!

BoltonHibee
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Mixu and Murray were good pals. Two stumbling blocks:-

1. Are we big enough for Mixu to leave an international job for? The only thing may be if he is tired of the travelling and misses the day to day stuff.

2. Don't get the impression Mixu and Petrie got on that great and parted on the best of terms. Though people can make up and work together again.

Mixu is the Finland manager, but does miss the day to day of club football. Not sure if Hibs would be the club to tempt him away. He does still live in Edinburgh though....

Speedway
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
just heard butcher has turned down a new contract at ict ...... Get in there rod !!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Speedway
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
The new man has just given his first interview to Andrew at Hibernian TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yat55ZLaDe0

Hibs7
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why ??

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24776959

Manager Pat Fenlon has resigned from his post at Hibernian, saying it was "100% my decision".

pacorosssco
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
think shiels has set his stall out for hibs . why has he been at games? given the last years form suggests another donkey

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
no idea who this Zod fella is...but get him in for a shot

Ricky Bobby
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Alex McLeish for me.

77 Scotland caps
SPL winners medals
Cup Winners Cup medal

Exactly how i see it.
It is obvious that we have players that are not going to perform under an inexperienced manager, Mcleish has been there and done it.

TRC
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
mate just posted on FB Wee Russell I laughed at first but then thought him and boozy with someone over seeing them with more experience. surely be some pretty attacking teams

nribs
01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Csaba laslo

Speedway
01-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Why ??

Look at his record as manager. Fenlon has the better win % in the SPL.

One Day Soon
01-11-2013, 04:16 PM
mate just posted on FB Wee Russell I laughed at first but then thought him and boozy with someone over seeing them with more experience. surely be some pretty attacking teams

Could we afford the night club bills?

Andy74
01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
What are the list of managers who play successful fast flowing attacking football ? I'll bet its short.

Hibs7
01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Look at his record as manager. Fenlon has the better win % in the SPL.

I find that hard to believe ... Especially after their performances this season ..

Andy74
01-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I find that hard to believe ... Especially after their performances this season ..

The year they got relegated might skew it.

Anyhow , Inverness are powerful and direct. Not really what we say we want at this stage? How would he do without the unique team spirit they talk about there with them being a bit isolated ?

SneakersO'Toole
01-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Butcher is not the answer IMO.

Some people are just suited to certain clubs and I think this applies to Butcher and Inverness.

Chris.igoe
01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I would like big mixu back or Ian holloway

davieh
01-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Billy Brown as interim?

(only kidding!)

Billy Whizz
01-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Can't believe this butcher love in

TheFamous1875
01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
I would like big mixu back or Ian holloway

Ian holloway? Would he take the 'step down'? I'm still annoyed about missing Steve Bruce, tbh haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Some remarkable choices so far, Mowbray? never! he will jump ship first chance he gets to go back down south, just like the last time!

Fergus52
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I've genuinely jacked it for a good while.
Goodbye and good luck.

:bye:

Fergus52
01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
My choices would be:

1) Darren Ferguson
2) McCall
3) Butcher
4) Shiels
5) Mowbray
6) Nicholl (short term to see how he does)

My NO-NOs would be:

Peter Grant (why is he even being mentioned?), Billy Stark (same), Gary McAllister (hopeless), Collins (do we need another batch of rubbish signings like he inflicted on us last time?), and any other guy that is a "highly rated" coach. We need a proven manager this time, someone who can get teams high up the SPL on a limited budget (ie less than Hibs).

Can't argue with that, although would all of your listed six want to come to us?

inglisavhibs
01-11-2013, 04:38 PM

Scotland - Sacked

Average Win % 36

How hard do you think it is to manage Inverness in the SPL with very little money? Keeping clubs like Ross County and Inverness in the top league is an achievement in itself.

davieh
01-11-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't want a 'proven manager' if that just means one of the revolving door faces from Scottish football.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Ally McCoist is doing great things in the lower leagues with a newly formed club, surely he would jump at the chance to manage in the top division! :greengrin

SteveHFC
01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Ally McCoist is doing great things in the lower leagues with a newly formed club, surely he would jump at the chance to manage in the top division! :greengrin

Always thought he was a decent manager. ;)

The Tubs
01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Some remarkable choices so far, Mowbray? never! he will jump ship first chance he gets to go back down south, just like the last time!

Would make a change from sacking managers.

TRC
01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Roland Nilsson
unemployed think he'd be a good shout

HibbyAndy
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Stuart Mcall.

Jim44
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Mowbray for me, on condition that he came for the long haul.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Theres a guy out there who has just retired and is probably looking for a hobby.

Step forward Sir Alex Ferguson.

Handy too because when we win the Champions League there wont be any need to knight him :thumbsup:

HiBremian
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Theres a guy out there who has just retired and is probably looking for a hobby.

Step forward Sir Alex Ferguson.

Handy too because when we win the Champions League there wont be any need to knight him :thumbsup:

Aye, and if the Tache is still in charge, he'd have something to prove - success without cash ;-)

Gustavo Fring
01-11-2013, 05:14 PM
what about di canio

Hal Jordan
01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
what about di canio

Nessun fascisti al mio club, grazie.

Beefster
01-11-2013, 05:24 PM
If we have to go Scottish, Rodders should go to Aberdeen and offer McInnes as big a salary as we can afford and carte blanche to run the football side as he sees fit.

johnrebus
01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
If we have to go Scottish, Rodders should go to Aberdeen and offer McInnes as big a salary as we can afford and carte blanche to run the football side as he sees fit.

Like Bristol City did you mean?

Dunderhall
01-11-2013, 05:36 PM
He could bring Jim Traynor with him without compo as well. :cb

Cameron1875
01-11-2013, 05:46 PM
The Malmo manager? :dunno:

Realistically though, Tony Mowbray or possibly Gary Mcallister?

snooky
01-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Don't want Mogga - grrrrrrrrrrr
Don't want GJP - grrrrrrrrrrr
Don't want P Grant - grrrrrrrrrrr
Don't want Jackie Mac Jnr - no ta
Don't want Michael O'Neal - no ta

I want Alex Ferguson (or David Copperfield :idea:)

Billy Whizz
01-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Anyone think our under 20 coach, James Mcdonaugh has a chance?
Seems highly rated

Glesgahibby
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Tony Mowbray and Ian Murray (NAP):wink:

Gustavo Fring
01-11-2013, 06:09 PM
craig levein got a mention on the news . that canny happen , no way would he ever be welcome at easter road

nribs
01-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Has to be Chick Dung with Billy Dodds, Richturd Gordon and Preston as his assistants. With the knowledge they have of Scottish Football and how the game should be played, how could it possibly go wrong??

Shields Hibee
01-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I went for Mogga as he's recently out of work & wouldn't mean a compensation fee. It didn't work out for him at Boro but then again, McInnes and McCall didn't have the best time in England either yet seem to be doing ok in SPL.

As for Fenlon, unless he is desperate to remain in Scotland & doubt he is, cannot see him getting a job soon this side of the Irish Sea. Think he'll know himself that LOI is about all he can hack but in saying that, Fenlon struggled with the Derry job before landing at Bohemians.

Swedish hibee
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Terry Butcher will never come to Hibs. He'll go to Rangers when Fat Sally gets the chop. And really you think Alex McLeish will wanna come to Hibs :rolleyes: I actually don't care who we get, but the Hibs support need to get behind whoever we get. Whether you wanted this person or not.

BenjiOscar
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Neil Warnock for new manager.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2013, 07:17 PM
I"d really like McCall.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Butcher turned down jobs down south to commit to ICT in the summer, I can't see him deciding that coming to hibs during the season would be a good idea, and Mowbray will have far bigger ambitions than hibs. I can see the board going for the easier option of nicol till the end of the season.

bingo70
01-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Butcher turned down jobs down south to commit to ICT in the summer, I can't see him deciding that coming to hibs during the season would be a good idea, and Mowbray will have far bigger ambitions than hibs. I can see the board going for the easier option of nicol till the end of the season.

It will only be the easy option if he starts well as caretaker manager, if he does that then it might make sense to give him the job till the end of the season.

Has anybody mentioned Stuart Baxter yet?

hibby rae
01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
I voted for JC. Similar footballing philosophy to Mogga but I see him as being more of a disciplinarian and think the players at the club would react in a positive manner towards his methods (unlike his last tenure).

Hiber-nation
01-11-2013, 07:51 PM

Maybe RP will think of this as an ace up his sleeve. Don't appoint a new manager now in case he's gash, announce it when STs go on sale, make it someone the fans want and hey presto, we get much needed dosh and we're back to 10,000+ crowds again....:wink:

Earl of Currie
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
A couple of other names , just to add to the list ,

Uwe Rosler

Danny Wilson (not the Jambo or 80's band from Dundee)

Alan Curbishley

Martin Allen

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2013, 08:09 PM

Uwe Rosler

Alan Curbishley

Martin Allen

Danny wilson is a decent shout imo:agree:

johnrebus
01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Out of all those named, the only realistic option is Shiels

But it won't be because Petrie does not have the bottle to go for someone who will stand up to him.

:no way:

SunshineOnLeith
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Checked odds earlier and Shiels was odds on, with next closest 5/1. Bookies aren't often that wrong.

GreenCastle
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Craig Brewster ?

Shiels I believe could be interesting - I would feel more confident with him against the yams.

But his record isn't that great...did he ever finish about Hibs?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Craig Brewster ?

Shiels I believe could be interesting - I would feel more confident with him against the yams.

But his record isn't that great...did he ever finish aboveHibs?

Aye, the season we survived relegation he finished above us.

IberianHibernian
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Watch Pat Fenlon`s dignified interview after he`d been hounded out and some are suggesting Kenny Shiels who was in trouble for putting his foot in it loads of times at Killie . Do we really want name of club sullied like that ?

trev the hat
01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
I"d really like McCall.

A realistic & should be sought after option IMO

Hibeesmad
01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Peter Houston. Watch this space

Hiber-nation
01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Peter Houston. Watch this space

:rotflmao:

stantonhibby
01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Not keen on managers returning - Mowbray , McLeish
Mowbray was the right man at the right time not convinced it would work 2nd time around. McLeish I think will have his eyes on bigger jobs.

too soon for Ian Murray I think.

Butcher I think for some reason suits being at ICT - could flop elsewhere ( as he has done before) same with Adams at Ross Co.

Levein/Hartley - just no - would have the shortest honeymoon periods ever.

Ian Holloway would be ambitious but probably will pick up another Championship job soon enough.

Alan Irvine perhaps - been mentioned before - currently in charge of Everton's academy.

Michael O'Neill - board I think will be wary of using League of Ireland as a measure of success again.

Have a feeling it may be Shiels until end of season. Seems odd that he has been to a few games recently ?

JimBHibees
01-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Uwe Rosler

Alan Curbishley

Martin Allen

Mad dog that would be funny.

The Green Goblin
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I know I'm missing something obvious here but who the h*ll is General Zod?

Zod is Superman`s nemesis. Here is a quote:

General Zod: I exist only to protect Krypton. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people.

My vote for him as the next Hibs manager stands :greengrin

The Green Goblin
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Here`s another:

Jor-El: What are you doing Zod? This is madness!

General Zod: What I should have done years ago. These lawmakers with their endless debates, have led krypton to ruin!

Jor-El: And if your forces prevail? You'll be the leader of nothing!

General Zod: Then join me, help me save our race. We'll start a new, we'll sever the degenerative bloodline that led us to this state.

Disclaimer: I imply no connection between the above quote and Hibernian Football Club. Any conclusions drawn are those of the reader alone. :greengrin

In Zod we Trust!!

S4uzee
01-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Neil Warnock for new manager.
Good shout, been covering SPFL games on BT if I remember

Hibby
01-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Posted this on the Bounce too. Not as if Scotland is full time! He might want to bring his one eyebrow mate though!!

Jim44
01-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Not keen on managers returning - Mowbray , McLeish
Mowbray was the right man at the right time not convinced it would work 2nd time around. McLeish I think will have his eyes on bigger jobs.

too soon for Ian Murray I think.

Butcher I think for some reason suits being at ICT - could flop elsewhere ( as he has done before) same with Adams at Ross Co.

Levein/Hartley - just no - would have the shortest honeymoon periods ever.

Ian Holloway would be ambitious but probably will pick up another Championship job soon enough.

Alan Irvine perhaps - been mentioned before - currently in charge of Everton's academy.

Michael O'Neill - board I think will be wary of using League of Ireland as a measure of success again.

Have a feeling it may be Shiels until end of season. Seems odd that he has been to a few games recently ?

He probably goes to a lot of games in an attempt to keep up to speed with who is where and the scene in general. It suggests he is still up for a job in the SPFL and now that a job has come up at ER, he will almost certainly be interested. The fact he has been to ER as part of this preparation doesn't necessarily mean he specifically had his eyes set on the job.

JeMeSouviens
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Out of that list, I'd take Butcher. On the condition he brings his chief scout with him.

Not on the list, Ian Murray.

AlbertK86
01-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Paulo Sergio mentioned on odds thread

would take him... and the jambos would be going balistic !

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Dont think Ian Murray is ready IMO.

hibees 7062
01-11-2013, 09:23 PM
George Elder Burley :duck:

Sir David Gray
01-11-2013, 10:58 PM
craig levein got a mention on the news . that canny happen , no way would he ever be welcome at easter road

Cannot believe that would even cross Petrie's mind.

If Craig Levein becomes the next Hibs manager, I won't be back.

Gus Fring
01-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Canny be hooped reading the previous 8 pages but has Jimmy Calderwood been mentioned?

Holmesdale Hibs
01-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Who is General Zod?

hibees 7062
02-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Who is General Zod?

Who is Craig Levein ?
Houston ( a didnae realise what he wanted no 51 for ) as assistant :no way:

sambajustice
02-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Alan Maybury?

The Green Goblin
02-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Who is General Zod?

posts 228 and 229

The Beastie Bus
02-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Has Jimmy Calderwood been mentioned?

HoboHarry
02-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Eric Black anyone? Tries to play the right way at least.....

IberianHibernian
02-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Alan Maybury?Could be a good shout . With McPake as assistant ? Certainly better than Shiels . Lots of other possibilities . Ex Raith player manager Antonio Calderon has a lot of managerial experience and contacts in Scotland , Calderon`s ex teammate in Spain José Gónzalez who played in China and Spain before becoming manager , Lawrie Sánchez , Brian Kerr ( ex Ireland and Faroes ) , ...

southern hibby
02-11-2013, 01:48 AM

Marty, I think we should go for the Malmo manager. Had them playing fast, wide and they looked to pass forward run with the ball and interested. Imagine the players / contacts he would have.

Not only that but I think the crowds would come back to Easter Road to watch this style of play. GGTTH

KiddA
02-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Eric Black anyone? Tries to play the right way at least.....

Been linked before http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Now+Hibs+chase+Eric.-a0116164179

I think he would be a great choice :agree:

sadtom
02-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Here`s another:

Jor-El: What are you doing Zod? This is madness!

General Zod: What I should have done years ago. These lawmakers with their endless debates, have led krypton to ruin!

Jor-El: And if your forces prevail? You'll be the leader of nothing!

General Zod: Then join me, help me save our race. We'll start a new, we'll sever the degenerative bloodline that led us to this state.

Disclaimer: I imply no connection between the above quote and Hibernian Football Club. Any conclusions drawn are those of the reader alone. :greengrin

In Zod we Trust!!

Ahh! So ye mean Di Canio.

Onion
02-11-2013, 03:44 AM
IMHO we should be looking for an experienced manager who's on the way down. Most of our successful managers have been on the rise (McLeish & Mowbray) and merely used us as a quick springboard to bigger things. That's fine for players but we need some stability at Hibs after years of transition and change. The type of man we need will have managed at a higher level than Hibs, made their money, still have drive to succeed, but are not sought after by the Celtic's and English clubs. We'll not get him but Strachan falls into that list. McLeish and Mowbray also probably fit the bill.

Not saying these guys are right, but too often when we get a little success the manager is off.

HKhibby
02-11-2013, 03:46 AM

I think you are right, Butcher is probably a dead cert move to Ibrox once Rangers are back in the SPL and it wont be long now the new set up is in place!, so if he went to Easter Road it would only be 2 seasons maximum, and i think he is doing well enough with Inverness for them all to be watching him at Ibrox, as i think McCoist will go once back in the SPL.

I would personally go for one of the following, although i would like Butcher but i dont think it will happen, McLeish, Mowbray or McCall, Shiels a maybe but like others have said only to the end of the season to see if there is a good performance and he manages to stay out of trouble, then maybe offer him something longer term!

But whatever happens and whoever is appointed, Hibs have to take a long hard look for a change and not bring in in-experienced nobodys like Fenlon from the LOI, and if they have to for a change, spend just that little bit more on the right man, and give him a budget to work with!