PDA

View Full Version : Archibald -Partick Thistle

nribs
31-10-2013, 10:27 AM
If Fenlon's time is up then this is the guy i'd give the gig to. Young manager and has Thistle playing some lovely football.

kentao
31-10-2013, 10:35 AM
I would tend to agree. been really impressed with the way Thistle play football considering they are a newly promoted team and are sitting mid table with us with a worse squad and resources, He has thistle playing the hibs way and attacking teams. Would be happy with that appointment

Brightside
31-10-2013, 10:37 AM
I would tend to agree. been really impressed with the way Thistle play football considering they are a newly promoted team and are sitting mid table with us with a worse squad and resources, He has thistle playing the hibs way and attacking teams. Would be happy with that appointment

Thistle are just continuing to play the way Jackie set them up to play.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2013, 10:39 AM
If Fenlon's time is up then this is the guy i'd give the gig to. Young manager and has Thistle playing some lovely football.

Nope for me. Nothing against the guy and he may turn out a good Manager in time but he's a rookie. We need a Manager with a track record who knows the SPL and can hit the ground running. No surprise that Derek McInness is doing a good job at Aberdeen.

nribs
31-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Nope for me. Nothing against the guy and he may turn out a good Manager in time but he's a rookie. We need a Manager with a track record who knows the SPL and can hit the ground running. No surprise that Derek McInness is doing a good job at Aberdeen.
Somebody like Bobby Williamson?

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Somebody like Bobby Williamson?

BW seems to be doing alright for himself these days, but not for me:wink: I'd go for McLeish. He had a decent record against the jambos and his appointment would give the whole Club a lift.

Geo_1875
31-10-2013, 03:05 PM

That'll be the Partick Thistle who got beat 1-0 at home to the terrible team and tactics of Pat Fenlon's Hibs?

Do you sense the irony in your statement?

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 03:08 PM
A reasonable shout but such is the turmoil within OUR club right now, would the guy see us as too much of a risk at this stage of his Managerial career?

Craig_HFC
31-10-2013, 03:13 PM
If Fenlon goes (which he should) then Kenny Shiels is a stick on for the job.

nribs
31-10-2013, 03:13 PM
That'll be the Partick Thistle who got beat 1-0 at home to the terrible team and tactics of Pat Fenlon's Hibs?

Do you sense the irony in your statement?No please explain it to me.

Thistle battered us that day and every time I have seen them they have played great football. A newly promoted team who lost a few of their better players in the summer. Neil Lennons celtic got undone by a dreaful Morton team. Allan Moore anyone?

Aldo
31-10-2013, 03:14 PM
No please explain it to me. Thistle battered us that day and every time I have seen them they have played great football. A newly promoted team who lost a few of their better players in the summer. Neil Lennons celtic got undone by a dreaful Morton team. Allan Moore anyone?

No an no. Only been a manger for a short time. To big a step up.

Geo_1875
31-10-2013, 04:00 PM
No please explain it to me.

Thistle battered us that day and every time I have seen them they have played great football. A newly promoted team who lost a few of their better players in the summer. Neil Lennons celtic got undone by a dreaful Morton team. Allan Moore anyone?

Well I've only seen them against Hibs and short highlights of other games. They look like a team of keen youngsters who probably won't go down so have no weight of expectation on their shoulders. When they've stayed up a couple of seasons and handled the tougher times will show whether their manager is our next messiah.

Jones28
31-10-2013, 04:46 PM
No, experience needed.