PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hartley

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Worth a shout? Done well so far as a manager with back to back promotions.
He would do for me.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 08:57 AM
well he wouldnae do for me, ****in' h****s *******

Beefster
31-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Wouldn't work. He'd get absolutely no time with the support and some folk would never take to him.

That's ignoring the fact that he's a fat ugly mess.

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 09:01 AM
if hes a nice guy he should get it.

Brightside
31-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Is this a joke?

The_Horde
31-10-2013, 09:04 AM
I'd take him in an instant.. to the plastic surgeon. ugly hearts mutant ****

pacorosssco
tin hat i think hed do a job. big appointment to make but id rather gary mckay than pat fenlon. couldnt get beat of hearts 1-5 and lose in europe 0-7 if he tried

scoopyboy
He would do for me.

He can f*** right off for me, IMO Ian Murray has done equally as well.

Shiels to get the gig until the end of the season, hopfully starting later on today.

No compo for Rod to pay and gives Shiels a platform. Win / Win.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 09:06 AM
I know I would rather have an up and coming manager than the useless fud we have in charge now.

Couldn't give a **** that he played for Hearts, some fans need to look at the bigger picture.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 09:09 AM
I know I would rather have an up and coming manager than the useless fud we have in charge now.

Couldn't give a **** that he played for Hearts, some fans need to look at the bigger picture.I'll decided what picture I need tae look at and it winnae be one with that **** in it.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I'll decided what picture I need tae look at and it winnae be one with that **** in it.

Why?

lord bunberry
31-10-2013, 09:13 AM

Couldn't give a **** that he played for Hearts, some fans need to look at the bigger picture.

Aye let's have levein as his assistant and robbo as first team coach.

KeithTheHibby
He can f*** right off for me, IMO Ian Murray has done equally as well.

Shiels to get the gig until the end of the season, hopfully starting later on today.

No compo for Rod to pay and gives Shiels a platform. Win / Win.

Not factually true.

Saorsa
Why?see post number 2

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Aye let's have levein as his assistant and robbo as first team coach.

Don't be a dick pal, that's not what I meant and you know it.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 09:16 AM
see post number 2

Incredibly narrow minded.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Incredibly narrow minded.yep

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 09:20 AM
No thank you.

Lets not make another daft mistake with the next appointment.

New man should have recent experience of the SPL and a track record of doing well. Fact. End of.

But then up until fairly recently there was a sizeable number of posters on here who sneered at the thought of having Butcher, McCall, McInnes, Adams, Shiels et al over Fenlon. Experts eh. Don't you just love them.

Christ, I would have Peter bloody Houston in right now.

Billy Whizz
31-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Don't like the guy, but he's exactly what we need. A young up and coming manager who will give some of our promising youngsters a chance. Also think he wouldn't take and nonsense from Petrie

lord bunberry
31-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Don't be a dick pal, that's not what I meant and you know it.

Well it is what you meant, your saying some fans need to look at the bigger picture. If the bigger picture involves levein or anyone else then we should look at it. Hartley did his best to wind us up and loved scoring against us, fair play to him, but it rules him out of ever getting a job at hibs for me. I honestly think some people want to take the rivalry out of football.

#FromTheCapital
31-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Wouldn't want that mutant tramp anywhere near us and I'm sure he feels the same about us.

Thecat23
31-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I want a manager who has a winning mentality. One who wants to win games every week no matter who we play. A leader to others and a strong man management style. Not one from a ****ing part time league like the LOI.

If Hartley can do that fine by me. He was a winner on the park. Couldn't care less who he played for. But the next appointment must be the right one, no more cheap options get a guy who knows the game inside out.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 09:36 AM
I want a manager who has a winning mentality. One who wants to win games every week no matter who we play. A leader to others and a strong man management style. Not one from a ****ing part time league like the LOI.

If Hartley can do that fine by me. He was a winner on the park. Couldn't care less who he played for. But the next appointment must be the right one, no more cheap options get a guy who knows the game inside out.

That's exactly my opinion. If Paul Hartley could get is winning again then I'd have him in by the end of the day.

Judas Iscariot
31-10-2013, 09:37 AM
He would do for me.

I'd rather self harm my willy than see that stinking wee Hamilton gypsy rat faced prick back at ER

The_Horde
31-10-2013, 09:40 AM
ltyf

Onion
31-10-2013, 09:42 AM
He would do for me.

Billy Brown all over again. He'll **** up the Hibs and then move to the Yams as soon as they come calling. Are you mad ?

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Billy Brown all over again. He'll **** up the Hibs and then move to the Yams as soon as they come calling. Are you mad ?

Maybe just desperate.

Billy Whizz
31-10-2013, 09:46 AM
If not Hartley, we should break the bank to get Jackie McNamara

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 09:58 AM
If not Hartley, we should break the bank to get Jackie McNamara

Also worth a shout. It's time we showed some real ambition.

scoopyboy
31-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Not factually true.

You are correct, Ian Murray has kept his side in the second top tier of Scottish football, from a seemingly impossible position when he got the gig.

Paul Hartley hasn't.

Was that what you were meaning?

hibsmad
31-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Think we really need to have more respect for our club.

He played in a successful Hearts team.

He scored a hat-trick against us at Hampden and LOVED doing so because it was against us.

He rubbed our noses in it when he returned by signalling three fingers to the fans.

He does not like Hibs!

Every clubs fans have players/managers who they dislike, with the feeling usually being mutual in the opposite direction. Can you imagine Liverpool going for Gary Neville for their next manager? Or how about Celtic going for McCoist?

Should not even be considered in my opinion.

J-C
31-10-2013, 10:09 AM
No one connected to Hearts should ever be working at Hibs in any coaching/managerial capacity end off.

jdships
31-10-2013, 10:17 AM
He would do for me.

Nothing to do with his jambo connection or disrespect to the man himself - that is irrelevant - but surely we must have greater ambition re a manager than him .
We have flaffed about with second raters for long enough surely it is time to GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flag:

GreenCastle
31-10-2013, 10:20 AM
He would do for me.

1. He hates Hibs
2. He loves the yams
3. Although he got promotion - he really isn't a good coach.
4. Scrapped the Alloa youth team to save money
5. Billy Brown part 2
6. He will be found out as manager / coach soon - big fish in little pond in lower leagues.

lapsedhibee
31-10-2013, 10:22 AM
the next appointment must be the right one, no more cheap options get a guy who knows the game inside out.

In times of trouble - which today certainly is - we could do worse than look to our history.

In 1963 we'd escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. We poached a new manager from East End Park. First season finished halfway up the league and season after that challenged at the top. Could this route work for us again? :dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2013, 10:23 AM
He would do for me.

FFS, Billy Brown as his assistant aye?!!

rcarter1
31-10-2013, 10:24 AM
1. He hates Hibs
2. He loves the yams
3. Although he got promotion - he really isn't a good coach.
4. Scrapped the Alloa youth team to save money
5. Billy Brown part 2
6. He will be found out as manager / coach soon - big fish in little pond in lower leagues.

Indeed its a bad idea all round.

I think given our last few managers, that we need to change tack, go for a manager at a higher level than we are at, put a lot of resources into his wage. Getting this right is so important I would rather lose a bit of our wage 'advantage' to hit the nail on the head.

Killiehibbie
31-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Why not coax Ferguson out of retirement? Since we're talking about things very unlikely to happen.

brian6-2
31-10-2013, 10:33 AM
no

Cabbage East
31-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Nah you're alright.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Well it is what you meant, your saying some fans need to look at the bigger picture. If the bigger picture involves levein or anyone else then we should look at it. Hartley did his best to wind us up and loved scoring against us, fair play to him, but it rules him out of ever getting a job at hibs for me. I honestly think some people want to take the rivalry out of football.

Even if he was the best man for the job? Would you boo him if appointed? Would you protest?

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 12:01 PM
You are correct, Ian Murray has kept his side in the second top tier of Scottish football, from a seemingly impossible position when he got the gig.

Paul Hartley hasn't.

Was that what you were meaning?

Paul Hartley has won 2 back to back promotions and has his team sitting comfortably mid table in the first division.

Ian Murray hasn't.

Disappointed in your argument Scoop, thought you were better than that.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I reckon the posters of hibs.net should pick the new manager going by some of the expert opinions on this thread.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 12:03 PM
No one connected to Hearts should ever be working at Hibs in any coaching/managerial capacity end off.

Even if they were exceptional in their chosen area? Do you know how stupid you sound?

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I reckon the posters of hibs.net should pick the new manager going by some of the expert opinions on this thread.Does that include you and your expert opinion?

number 27
31-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I reckon the posters of hibs.net should pick the new manager going by some of the expert opinions on this thread.

Oh no, we should definitely stick with the experts who have done so well up until now.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Does that include you and your expert opinion?

I at least am willing to take the blinkers off and not rule someone out because of their background unlike you.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 12:25 PM

I wish Hearts had a policy like that regarding players who had played for us when they signed Hartley.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 12:28 PM
I at least am willing to take the blinkers off and not rule someone out because of their background unlike you.How very open minded of you.

If that h****s ******* got a job as the tea lady at ER I'd send my ST back

hibee92
31-10-2013, 12:30 PM
He would do for me.

Jesus Christ you're just embarrassing pal.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 12:32 PM
How very open minded of you.

If that h****s ******* got a job as the tea lady at ER I'd send my ST back

Good, you wouldn't be missed trust me with an attitude like that.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Good, you wouldn't be missed trust me with an attitude like that.away 'n' bile yer heid :aok:

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 12:34 PM
away 'n' bile yer heid :aok:

No unless I bile yours first:greengrin

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Jesus Christ you're just embarrassing pal.

Last night was embarrassing. Me? I'm just looking for solutions wherever they may be.
You? Just launching personal insults or do you have anything constructive to add?

GreenCastle
31-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Ridiculous thread - he's 100% not ever going to manage Hibs - that's from the guys own mouth. Thread closed...

bandylegs_jLeighton
31-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I am open minded with regards to the identity of our next manager.

However you can't pick a former hearts player who wound up our support more than the average player simply because it alienates a large portion of the support.

Rightly or wrongly, as soon as things were anything other than perfect there would be derision from the stands (worse than usual). That's if people turned up in the first place. Such an appointment encourages failure and would be stupid IMO.

scoopyboy
31-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Paul Hartley has won 2 back to back promotions and has his team sitting comfortably mid table in the first division.

Ian Murray hasn't.

Disappointed in your argument Scoop, thought you were better than that.

I do understand where you are coming from but it's not Ian Murray's fault he started two leagues higher than Paul Hartley and Alloa.

Alloa would have been a good bet to win their first promotion as they were one of the few clubs down there to show ambition whether it be Hartley or not. The second promotion is definitely more praiseworthy.

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Think we really need to have more respect for our club.

He played in a successful Hearts team.

He scored a hat-trick against us at Hampden and LOVED doing so because it was against us.

He rubbed our noses in it when he returned by signalling three fingers to the fans.

He does not like Hibs!

Every clubs fans have players/managers who they dislike, with the feeling usually being mutual in the opposite direction. Can you imagine Liverpool going for Gary Neville for their next manager? Or how about Celtic going for McCoist?

Should not even be considered in my opinion.

Matt Busby played for Liverpool

WhileTheChief..
31-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Another hearts fud that I don't want anywhere near ER

Cammy
31-10-2013, 12:56 PM
I at least am willing to take the blinkers off and not rule someone out because of their background unlike you.

Judging by your previous comments I don't think you can see past Hartley because of your blinkers!

I would never rule anyone out but Hartley has not done anything to warrant this amount of attention. Neither he or Ian Murray are ready to manage Hibs. We should be looking at someone with more experience as well as playing football the right way. As someone already mentioned Kenny Sheils until the end of the season would make sense to see if this team can play football with the ball on the deck and Sheils would fit in quickly with Nicol already here.

lucky
31-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Can't believe so many have bitten

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I do understand where you are coming from but it's not Ian Murray's fault he started two leagues higher than Paul Hartley and Alloa.

Alloa would have been a good bet to win their first promotion as they were one of the few clubs down there to show ambition whether it be Hartley or not. The second promotion is definitely more praiseworthy.

Fair comment Scoop.:agree:

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Judging by your previous comments I don't think you can see past Hartley because of your blinkers!

I would never rule anyone out but Hartley has not done anything to warrant this amount of attention. Neither he or Ian Murray are ready to manage Hibs. We should be looking at someone with more experience as well as playing football the right way. As someone already mentioned Kenny Sheils until the end of the season would make sense to see if this team can play football with the ball on the deck and Sheils would fit in quickly with Nicol already here.

Haha fair point, suppose it was beginning to look like that!

Listen I despised Hartley as much as the next Hibs supporter however you cannot argue that he has done an exceptional job at Alloa in what was his first gig as manager. If he wasn't an ex yam I reckon we would be looking at a guy like this more favourably however his background probably means he will never be accepted which is disappointing and smacks of smallville mentality.

FWIW anyone from Shiels, Mowbray, McLeish, Butcher or McCall would do for me.

lord bunberry
31-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Even if he was the best man for the job? Would you boo him if appointed? Would you protest?

I wouldn't set foot in easter road if he was appointed hibs manager, that goes for Levein as well.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't set foot in easter road if he was appointed hibs manager, that goes for Levein as well.

Agree with you on Levein, Hartley not so much. Unless Skacel was his assistant.:wink:

JMac
31-10-2013, 01:22 PM
No way, Grade A ****

lord bunberry
31-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Agree with you on Levein, Hartley not so much. Unless Skacel was his assistant.:wink:

You need to look at the bigger picture mate skacel could be the next big thing in management :wink:

hibsmad
31-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Matt Busby played for Liverpool

So?

Did you even try to take in what my post was about?

A quick search on Google tells me that Busby played for Liverpool for a total of three years. I don't even think he won anything while there. Do you have any knowledge to suggest that the United fans hated him or that he hated United?

Hartley is a Hearts legend who hates Hibs.

My point stands and would be interested if you can provide any genuine examples that suggests it could work.

Not simply an example of a player/manager moving from one club to their rival, of which there are plenty examples.

Liverpool would NEVER hire Neville

Celtic would NEVER hire McCoist

Rangers would NEVER hire Lennon

We should never even contemplate hiring that Hearts prick.

Cammy
31-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Haha fair point, suppose it was beginning to look like that!

Listen I despised Hartley as much as the next Hibs supporter however you cannot argue that he has done an exceptional job at Alloa in what was his first gig as manager. If he wasn't an ex yam I reckon we would be looking at a guy like this more favourably however his background probably means he will never be accepted which is disappointing and smacks of smallville mentality.

FWIW anyone from Shiels, Mowbray, McLeish, Butcher or McCall would do for me.

I would be happy with any of those. :agree:

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 03:22 PM
So?

Did you even try to take in what my post was about?

A quick search on Google tells me that Busby played for Liverpool for a total of three years. I don't even think he won anything while there. Do you have any knowledge to suggest that the United fans hated him or that he hated United?

Hartley is a Hearts legend who hates Hibs.

My point stands and would be interested if you can provide any genuine examples that suggests it could work.

Not simply an example of a player/manager moving from one club to their rival, of which there are plenty examples.

Liverpool would NEVER hire Neville

Celtic would NEVER hire McCoist

Rangers would NEVER hire Lennon

We should never even contemplate hiring that Hearts prick.

Nothing in life is a given and because Hartley was a Hearts Legend doesnt mean he cant do well as Hibs manager if he was interested. Willie Ormond Hibs legend managed Hearts. I think it would be a hard appointment to make and that there are better managers with less baggage available to Hibs but I dont think he couldnt manage Hibs because of his past.

Jones28
31-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Good god no, we wouldn't want him and he wouldn't want us. Besides, we don't want someone in their managerial infancy. We want someone with experience in the SPL.

hibsmad
31-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Nothing in life is a given and because Hartley was a Hearts Legend doesnt mean he cant do well as Hibs manager if he was interested. Willie Ormond Hibs legend managed Hearts. I think it would be a hard appointment to make and that there are better managers with less baggage available to Hibs but I dont think he couldnt manage Hibs because of his past.

I guess that its all about opinions/attitudes towards a specific situation.

Someone like Hartley could absolutely come in and do a good job at ER. Anyone could - we simply wouldn't know until they came in and gave it shot.

It is my opinion/attitude that someone who has humped Hibs in a massive game, rubbed our noses in it afterwards, and by all accounts isn't afraid to share his dislike towards our club, should not be the one who is given that opportunity.

I personally find it impossible to predict who would be a good appointment anyway. I was happy when Hughes was given the job, I was happy when Calderwood was given the job and I was happy when Fenlon was given the job. Yet I thought "what the ****" when Mowbray got the job!

Hermit Crab
31-10-2013, 03:34 PM
He would do for me.

No. He's a hearts ****. Never forget his celebration when he scored his first in that semi final.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2013, 03:54 PM
You need to look at the bigger picture mate skacel could be the next big thing in management :wink:

15-15:wink:

Sir David Gray
31-10-2013, 11:40 PM
No thanks.

Don't want him anywhere near the Hibs job.