PDA

View Full Version : Post your e-mails to the board

VPHIBEE
31-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Dear Sirs

I am not a season ticket holder, I rarely even come to Easter Road these days, and that is not going to change in any way until you do what you should have done some time ago. Replace Pat Fenlon.

Pat, although I hear is a very nice man, is clearly out of his depth. As well as not seeming to have our team ready and suitably motivated for games. When things are not going our way in a game, he seems to lack the skill/knowledge/awareness on how to change things to counter the other team. These I beleive are fundamental tasks of any football manager.

Do the right thing for once. Empty him now. Caretaker until the end of the season, which gives you time to find someone who can do these fundamental things. Please also involve the fans in the process of appointing the new manager in some small way, instead of alienating them with arrogance as normally happens.

I love our club, whether I am sitting in the stand or not, but the capitulations on the pitch I have witnessed under Pat Fenlon have hurt me and every other Hibs supporter greatly. I don't need to quote the games I am referring to. These games are now sadly part of our club history.

I would like a response to my communication.

Yours very frustrated and disappointed

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Dear Sirs

Sack the ****ing manager. Perhaps also consider your own positions as well you useless *****. Anyone who has managed to appoint our last 2 managers has serious issues. If you are happy watching this total pish then fire away, a few thousand St holders not renewing might finally prompt action (or you could hold another meeting as a pr excercise).

In conclusion: thank you for killing my passion for my club you absolute ****ing useless *****.

Yours

A seriously ****ing pissed off fan

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Your statement of intent might carry more weight if you explained your previous relationship with Hibs.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Dear Lord Rodders,

WTF?

Yours etc,
Beefster

chrisski33
31-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Emailing the board wont make a difference maybe a near empty stadium would though

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Emailing the board wont make a difference maybe a near empty stadium would though

all of this, without a doubt

cocopops1875
31-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Would prefer the board were using their time more wisely looking for a new incumbent, than wading through all of these self indulgent emails

number 27
31-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Would prefer the board were using their time more wisely looking for a new incumbent, than wading through all of these self indulgent emails

Maybe they could get Pat to answer the emails since he obviously isn't doing anything else to improve matters?

Greenblood70
31-10-2013, 08:31 AM

A boycott of home games is the only way to make your feelings obvious to the board. The useless ****ing ***** have ignored everything else. Season ticket will not be renewed regardless by me next season, ****ing sick of the *****.

truehibernian
31-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Dear Rod,

Instead of hiding behind your office door, and instead of meeting niche fan groups (very occasionally), come out in the Scottish media with a clear statement of intent, a clear direction and tell the fanbase that the malaise will not be allowed to continue and that the Board will actively pursue players who they feel, as well as the manager, will entertain and bring excitement to the club.

Explain that the quality of player brought to the club is a worry - in the sense that there appears to be no motivation towards signing players with pace, creativity or width - and that there is a concern that there are players that offer far too much of the 'same'.

Then explain to the supporters that players such as Tim Clancy, James McPake and other injury prone players will be told they have x amount of time to prove fitness or their contracts will not be renewed - then explain that players like Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson, players who have been at the club for the last 5 tortuous seasons, and have not progressed at all in that time on a playing level, will be allowed to leave so that players with genuine belief in themselves and will to win at all costs can be brought to the club (or played if there are youngsters there with more ability) - Hibernian's 'nice tag' is no more and there is a ruthless streak being implimented around the club to identify the weak links......

Oh, and clear your desk please and let someone younger, more vibrant, more dynamic, more decisive and more football orientated take your place :agree::aok:

TH

:rolleyes: If only eh..........................

VPHIBEE
31-10-2013, 09:21 AM

If the board get 5,000 e-mails stating your concern, worry and disgust at the current situation. The may be forecd to listen. If people such as yourself discourage others from raising their concerns, and they only end up with 500 e-mail's they could explain that away as a minority and ignore it again. I am not suggesting everybody e-mailing the board will fix things, but combined with fan protests, people voting with their feet etc, this can't do any harm. This is not self indulgent, this is my attempt to do something for the club I love.

andrew70
31-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Dear Sir

It is with deep regret that I write to you in this manner but I feel like I have to let the board know my feelings.

As custodians of the club it is now time to do the right thing and remove Pat Fenlon from his position as manager of Hibernian Football Club. This is simply not good enough.

Last night was the final straw in what has already been a difficult season. We should not be getting beat by a dying club, especially not our rivals, never mind being defeated by them twice within the matter of months. Nothing has improved since we played Hearts the last time.

The soul of our once great football club is being ripped out bit by bit.

I appreciate all the good work that Pat Fenlon has done whilst he has been at the club and I believe that he doesn’t get the credit that he deserves for his hard work and I’d like to use this email as a way of extending my gratitude to Mr Fenlon for steadying the ship. He has helped us to move away from relegation, taken us to two cup finals(albeit ending disappointingly) and improved attitudes within the club. For there to be further improvement though, there needs to be a change and Mr Fenlon must be removed.

We started well last night in fact had we got a goal we quite possibly would have went on and won comfortably alas the goal did not arrive and when Hearts got the breakthrough everything fell apart. We looked like a side with no shape, no organisation. A side devoid of any creativity, any plan b and also one with absolutely no confidence. Our captain, James McPake, let his team mates and the fans down, both in terms of his stupid header in the lead up to the winning goal and his reckless and needless sending off.

Last night though was just the tip of the iceberg for many Hibs supporters following on from last season. We have, I believe, as a group shown great tolerance levels to mediocrity of late but that stops now and as a board of directors I hope you recognise the seriousness of the situation before it is too late.

I will not be attending the game on Sunday, as the club visit Motherwell. You might think that I am turning my back on them but in my view I am doing my best as a supporter to invoke change, as it is change that we really need. Stop papering over the cracks with pointless statistics and look at the real deal, Hibs are going nowhere fast and we must change that.

The Malmo debacle followed hard on the heals by two defeats to an Administration hit Hearts side should be enough to see the end of Mr Fenlon as Hibernian manager, if it is not then you can start waving goodbye to the most loyal and tolerant set of supporters within the Scottish game.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
A

andrew70
31-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Dear Sir

It is with deep regret that I write to you in this manner but I feel like I have to let the board know my feelings.

As custodians of the club it is now time to do the right thing and remove Pat Fenlon from his position as manager of Hibernian Football Club. This is simply not good enough.

Last night was the final straw in what has already been a difficult season. We should not be getting beat by a dying club, especially not our rivals, never mind being defeated by them twice within the matter of months. Nothing has improved since we played Hearts the last time.

The soul of our once great football club is being ripped out bit by bit.

I appreciate all the good work that Pat Fenlon has done whilst he has been at the club and I believe that he doesn’t get the credit that he deserves for his hard work and I’d like to use this email as a way of extending my gratitude to Mr Fenlon for steadying the ship. He has helped us to move away from relegation, taken us to two cup finals(albeit ending disappointingly) and improved attitudes within the club. For there to be further improvement though, there needs to be a change and Mr Fenlon must be removed.

We started well last night in fact had we got a goal we quite possibly would have went on and won comfortably alas the goal did not arrive and when Hearts got the breakthrough everything fell apart. We looked like a side with no shape, no organisation. A side devoid of any creativity, any plan b and also one with absolutely no confidence. Our captain, James McPake, let his team mates and the fans down, both in terms of his stupid header in the lead up to the winning goal and his reckless and needless sending off.

Last night though was just the tip of the iceberg for many Hibs supporters following on from last season. We have, I believe, as a group shown great tolerance levels to mediocrity of late but that stops now and as a board of directors I hope you recognise the seriousness of the situation before it is too late.

I will not be attending the game on Sunday, as the club visit Motherwell. You might think that I am turning my back on them but in my view I am doing my best as a supporter to invoke change, as it is change that we really need. Stop papering over the cracks with pointless statistics and look at the real deal, Hibs are going nowhere fast and we must change that.

The Malmo debacle followed hard on the heals by two defeats to an Administration hit Hearts side should be enough to see the end of Mr Fenlon as Hibernian manager, if it is not then you can start waving goodbye to the most loyal and tolerant set of supporters within the Scottish game.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
A

In reply to the above I have just received a phone call from Mr O'Hagan to say thanks very much for a well constructed email and that I should be proud of what I wrote. He has assured me that my points along with several others will be well discussed throughout today. I feel that was very good of Garry to give me a call in what can only be a very hard time for the board of directors. I trust, the board aren't everyones favourites but I thank him for his phone call.

DaveF
31-10-2013, 10:12 AM
In reply to the above I have just received a phone call from Mr O'Hagan to say thanks very much for a well constructed email and that I should be proud of what I wrote. He has assured me that my points along with several others will be well discussed throughout today. I feel that was very good of Garry to give me a call in what can only be a very hard time for the board of directors. I trust, the board aren't everyones favourites but I thank him for his phone call.

Before he filed it in the bin.

We've been here before. **** all will change.

matty_f
31-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I can't see how the board can come to any other decision than to sack Fenlon.

He's not going to get a new contract, so why persevere any longer than we have done. He's going to go, let him go now.
Fenlon thinks that we're playing well. If that doesn't set alarm bells ringing, I don't know what will.
As Fenlon thinks we're playing well, we're not going to change. See above about alarm bells.
Fenlon has almost completely lost the backing of the support, it was already at the point where wins were almost grudged by a lot of folk, and defeats send others into complete rage. It's not going to get any better for Pat, so why subject us all to it?
Our first round of games saw us finish in the bottom 6, it's not exactly inspiring confidence for a high placed finish this season either. There's a lot of football to be played between now and the split, so get someone in who can make a difference.
On almost every possible opportunity to impress and win back fans in our big games, Fenlon's lost and more often than not, lost in a way that has completely embarrassed the club and the support.
Getting a new manager in now gives him time to assess the squad and identify targets for the January window. The more time he has to do that, the better.

I've racked my brains to think of a reason why they would give him longer, and I'm stumped. Stability is only worthwhile if we're good and stable. Being stable and being pish is just brutal and stupid.

andrew70
31-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Before he filed it in the bin.

We've been here before. **** all will change.

I am not saying anything will change but I appreciated his phone call and thought I'd let the forum know that he took the time to do this. The board are often the targets of much anger and disappointment, so they deserve credit where credit is due. He could have easily sent me a generic email and then deleted it. In this case a member of the board, for me, has surpassed expectations. Lets hope the rest of the board surpass expectations and relieve Mr Fenlon of his duties.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2013, 11:51 AM
The board will have seen the reaction at full time last night and also the protest outside the west stand after it. They can't deny that fenlons time is up with Hibs. They need to remove him now or risk losing a very large part of the support in the coming months. Rodders must also be considering his position as he's been on last chance saloon since he appointed Fenlon. I'm at my wits end now and have just lost all faith in the board, players and of course the manager. Get him out now.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 11:54 AM
The board will have seen the reaction at full time last night and also the protest outside the west stand after it. They can't deny that fenlons time is up with Hibs. They need to remove him now or risk losing a very large part of the support in the coming months. Rodders must also be considering his position as he's been on last chance saloon since he appointed Fenlon. I'm at my wits end now and have just lost all faith in the board, players and of course the manager. Get him out now.His last chance should have been colin deadwood.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2013, 12:14 PM
His last chance should have been colin deadwood.

It's an east decision for Petrie to make. Announce the termination of Fenlons contract swiftly followed by another statement stating that he is also to leave the club. Job done.

Hibernianinc
31-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Here's my eMail -

Last Night

Dear Board,

Utterly, utterly unacceptable.

You will have a raft of these, so I know I'm just adding to the pile, but last night was another new low.

The business model at Hibs is right, but the output is hopelessly wrong. What we, the customers, would like is simple -

1) Entertain us (results will follow)
2) Beat hearts

There is no reason in the current footballing environment why both of these should not be achieved.

I took my 10 year old to his first Hibs/hearts match last night. With 70 minutes gone, he wanted to go home. That is your future customer base. I've done my part, you are failing in yours.

Please start with sacking the manager. Pat may be a nice chap, but he is hopelessly off the pace with meeting customer needs 1 and 2.

Thereafter, spend money on consultants to review root and branch processes, invest in sports coaches and psychologists, do whatever you think is required. But Hibs are currently broken and you need to fix it.

Cheers,

Paul.

I'll let you know what reply I get.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Here's my eMail -

Last Night

Dear Board,

Utterly, utterly unacceptable.

You will have a raft of these, so I know I'm just adding to the pile, but last night was another new low.

The business model at Hibs is right, but the output is hopelessly wrong. What we, the customers, would like is simple -

1) Entertain us (results will follow)
2) Beat hearts

There is no reason in the current footballing environment why both of these should not be achieved.

I took my 10 year old to his first Hibs/hearts match last night. With 70 minutes gone, he wanted to go home. That is your future customer base. I've done my part, you are failing in yours.

Please start with sacking the manager. Pat may be a nice chap, but he is hopelessly off the pace with meeting customer needs 1 and 2.

Thereafter, spend money on consultants to review root and branch processes, invest in sports coaches and psychologists, do whatever you think is required. But Hibs are currently broken and you need to fix it.

Cheers,

Paul.

I'll let you know what reply I get.

Nicely put. As for a reply I wouldn't hold your breath.

Casey1875
31-10-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm glad you received such a good response, as it is a fantastic email. One which I wholeheartedly agree with.

At The Edge
31-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Maybe they could get Pat to answer the emails since he obviously isn't doing anything else to improve matters?

ahhh but that would involve emails being forwarded and at present time Hibs don't do the forward motion very well right now, sideways and backwards in bucket loads though:wink: