PDA

View Full Version : Positive post

SouthamptonHibs
31-10-2013, 03:31 AM
Only 56 days till Christmas, 63 days till transfer window opens. In my wish list I'd like to start with

1. A new manager = someone who will try and entertain the fans and can motivate the players
2. New Right back to replace Lewis ie a proper RB
3. At least one winger will real pace
4 & 5 two proper strikers to replace Vine and Collins
5. Another centre half to replace McPake

Here's hoping

Hail Hail

Pete
31-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Only 56 days till Christmas, 63 days till transfer window opens. In my wish list I'd like to start with

1. A new manager = someone who will try and entertain the fans and can motivate the players
2. New Right back to replace Lewis ie a proper RB
3. At least one winger will real pace
4 & 5 two proper strikers to replace Vine and Collins
6. Another centre half to replace McPake

Here's hoping

Hail Hail

2. Tim Clancy
3. Harris
4&5. Heffernan and if people get off their backs then Vine or Collins might be number five.
6. Forster AND Nelson!

I doubt any of those answers will cheer you up though.:rolleyes:

rcarter1
31-10-2013, 06:03 AM
2. Tim Clancy
3. Harris
4&5. Heffernan and if people get off their backs then Vine or Collins might be number five.
6. Forster AND Nelson!

I doubt any of those answers will cheer you up though.:rolleyes:

1.Agree with new manager. We cant carry on with the lack of an attacking game plan that we struggle with.
2.Stevenson may have limitations but hate seeing him singled out, nonetheless if Clancy were to be fit, it would be sensible to try him there.
3.Harris will be a welcome sight, but relying on one outlet for pace and drive is hiding the fact that the Hibs players seem almost to a man to have no confidence actually running at players (or have been told/trained not to).
4/5. Im not entirely sure about Vine, but Collins was a good player who seems to be losing confidence fast. Lack of service tends to do that to a striker (and hes not a Griffiths do it on your own kind of guy). Watch the Hibs TV interview with Collins and he doesnt exactly seem enamoured with his team mates.
6. The centre of defence really hasnt been our main problem. McPake/Hanlon were doing really well until the team started to fold. Some criticism of these two seems based on their attacking limitations - which really paints the picture that we are in - no one takes responsibility in midfield for getting the ball and driving forward.

Took 3 non regulars yesterday, one neutral. In the space of 90 minutes this was their assessment:

1st 30 minutes: Hibs are doing well.. Hearts are honking.

Goal and next fifteen: Hibs have frozen a bit, Hearts gaining confidence

1st 25 of second half: Have the Hibs players ever been told to hit the byeline(?), Hearts are still for the taking.Players starting to lose confidence.

Final 20 minutes: What has happened to Collins, Vine, McPake? Oh I forgot about Craig until he missed the sitter. Why arent they shooting?

Assessment at the end from a 'part time' Hibs fan (but avid watcher of football at all levels) who hasn't watched a Hibs game in ages.

"The players showed no reaction after the goal, I couldnt see what we were even trying to do after that. We used to be a good passing side, whats happened - its like we are now a long ball side. Hibs have lost their identity. ------ pause to think ------- Thats down to the manager."

I wish Fenlon well, but he doesnt get this club, and having steadied the ship should exit stage left. :brickwall