PDA

View Full Version : mentality

davym7062
30-10-2013, 11:54 PM
beating hibs means everything to them, they don't care how,why or where. its been that way for as long as I can remember,they have died in the wool hearts men in charge, hibs don't have that and until we change our way of thinking itll never change.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 12:08 AM
losers mentality at ER, accepted by those at the top and accepted by too many fans

Kiddo
31-10-2013, 12:25 AM
If we went to tynie with a side as scared as they were in the first 20/30 minutes, we'd get destroyed. Why can't we do it to them? Kills me to say it but we're owned by that *****. No matter how bad they are they beat us. Will never step foot in a stadium we play in again til Fenlons gone. Not missed a game in ten years but tonights the line for me.

joe breezy
31-10-2013, 03:09 AM
'we are owned"

I will never understand that mentality, maybe it's because I was a Hibs casual but I cannot comprehend thinking that being Hibs and measuring your self worth comes down solely to the fortunes of 11 journeymen or whoever is playing for Hibs at the time. I find it bizarre.

We are Hibs and to say Hearts own us or are better than us in any way is laughable. The Hibs football team at the moment aren't very good but Hibs will always be superior, as was the case in the 80s.

SouthamptonHibs
31-10-2013, 03:23 AM
We are losers, we are Hibs! We just need to get used to it under Petrie and Pat. Hopefully 6,000 at the ICT game will send the message to the board that things must change

Pete
31-10-2013, 05:50 AM
'we are owned"

I will never understand that mentality, maybe it's because I was a Hibs casual but I cannot comprehend thinking that being Hibs and measuring your self worth comes down solely to the fortunes of 11 journeymen or whoever is playing for Hibs at the time. I find it bizarre.

We are Hibs and to say Hearts own us or are better than us in any way is laughable. The Hibs football team at the moment aren't very good but Hibs will always be superior, as was the case in the 80s.

:agree:

There's no harm in a bit of reflection but it's went too far in some cases.

They could win the champions league while we go out of business...But I'll still consider hibs to be greater than hearts in every way and be proud of my identity.

There's no losers here, just people who want answers.

SkintHibby
31-10-2013, 05:56 AM
'we are owned"

Nope, Hearts had the upper hand in most off the 80's. The only time Hibs have held the upper hand 80's onwards was the Sauzee era.

SkintHibby
31-10-2013, 05:58 AM
:agree:

There's no harm in a bit of reflection but it's went too far in some cases.

They could win the champions league while we go out of business...But I'll still consider hibs to be greater than hearts in every way and be proud of my identity.

There's no losers here, just people who want answers.

Exactly. No matter how many humiliations I have to endure, I'll always be glad I CHOSE Hibs over the bigots in Glasgow and the bigots in Gorgay.

500miles
31-10-2013, 05:59 AM
The problem is, there are too many Hibs fans concerned with Hearts. Like the Hearts support, Hibs season revolves around four or five encounters with some no mark team of no consequence across the city. If that had been the equally gash Killie or St. Mirren last night, there would have been no protest, and the majority of folk would have simply walked away, scratching their heads, wondering how we managed to lose despite such dominance.

We were the better team on the night, for the WHOLE 90 minutes. It wasn't easy to get a final ball into the box when Hearts kept 8 men in the last 30 yards of the park, but we still pressed, had the possession, and got into a number of excellent positions.

Tyler Durden
31-10-2013, 06:38 AM
The problem is, there are too many Hibs fans concerned with Hearts. Like the Hearts support, Hibs season revolves around four or five encounters with some no mark team of no consequence across the city. If that had been the equally gash Killie or St. Mirren last night, there would have been no protest, and the majority of folk would have simply walked away, scratching their heads, wondering how we managed to lose despite such dominance.

We were the better team on the night, for the WHOLE 90 minutes. It wasn't easy to get a final ball into the box when Hearts kept 8 men in the last 30 yards of the park, but we still pressed, had the possession, and got into a number of excellent positions.

You are either trolling or you simply don't get it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2013, 06:39 AM
The fact that barring a huge catastrophe, we will finish above Hearts, almost means that the target for this season has been achieved.

rcarter1
31-10-2013, 07:06 AM

Not true, if we lose to any poor side people get hacked off. The fact it is Hearts makes it worse because its a derby - same all the world round.

Better team.

Yes we had a better team last night. However it is plain to see that we are not able to change our game plan when required. The performances of many of the players really started to plummet after Hearts scored, and we have a complete lack of conviction in driving forward. The style and reaction of the team to going 1-0 down was deeply flawed. We didnt hit the byeline, and we didnt get people running into the box (which wins penalties etc). The manager even if he cant see it, has structured us and trained us in a certain style, but its painful to watch - and I think is directly leading to the loss of confidence of our attack minded players. Fenlon has now proved to me that he has backed himself into a corner regarding how we play, and while I was prepared to give him time to build on our progress, seems to have lost his way.

We had possession and 'pressed' because Hearts allowed us the ball to do so. It is how we pressed and used the possession that lacked a game plan. Hence only one real dangerous shot on goal in the 60 minutes after they scored.

R'Albin
31-10-2013, 07:10 AM

Hearts were very, very lucky tonight. Their goal came from one of the few defensive lapses from us all night, and the player who scored it basically admitted that it was a complete fluke. Apart from that, they had one shot on goal which my six year-old sister would have saved.

It's hardly even worth stating that we had a great first half hour tonight, that seems to be the one thing that all Hibs fans can agree unanimously on tonight. We could have easily tucked away three of four of those chances on another day.

However, my main problem lies with the ridiculously negative attitudes of the players. The second Hearts got their goal you could tell from the players' body language that we weren't going to get one back. Williams was desperately trying to get the players to lift their heads up, Vine seemed to make a half hearted attempt to do the same, and that was it. The rest just looked like they wanted the game to end there and then.

Yeah, we were probably the better side in the second half as well, but Hearts are pretty much a first division quality side, it's the least I would expect. The players clearly didn't believe they could score, and that's what pisses me off. Sure, we did have a lot of possession, but apart from a Craig's chance we didn't really have any clear cut goal scoring opportunities after that first half hour. IMO, the reason for that is because we're so weak minded as a side. Both the players and Fenlon have to take responsibility for that.

31-10-2013, 07:19 AM
If we went to tynie with a side as scared as they were in the first 20/30 minutes, we'd get destroyed. Why can't we do it to them? Kills me to say it but we're owned by that *****. No matter how bad they are they beat us. Will never step foot in a stadium we play in again til Fenlons gone. Not missed a game in ten years but tonights the line for me.

Exactly, we should have had them out of sight in the first half hour. But the fact is we had two absolute donkeys Vine and Collins up front who I personally think are absolutely stinking!

Beating us means everything to them, their entire season practically revolves around it. Every other team in the league has beat them this season and just when their skanky vile little club hits rock bottom, oh here come hibs to lift them back up again! It's a ****ing shambles!