PDA

View Full Version : Highlights - Unbelievable

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 10:08 PM
This board is wild, but I genuinely don't understand how we didn't give them a doing tonight! So one sided I was left thinking "How?" when they went ahead.

That first half hour we looked superb, chance after chance. Absolutely deflated with the outcome.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/24752700

gaz1875
30-10-2013, 10:16 PM
This board is wild, but I genuinely don't understand how we didn't give them a doing tonight! So one sided I was left thinking "How?" when they went ahead.

That first half hour we looked superb, chance after chance. Absolutely deflated with the outcome.

Good post :top markstheir keeper had an outstanding save from Robertson and some bad luck it could have been 3 or 4 at halt time. Our trouble was we went back into our shells after they scored.

500miles
30-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Good post :top markstheir keeper had an outstanding save from Robertson and some bad luck it could have been 3 or 4 at halt time. Our trouble was we went back into our shells after they scored.

It wasn't even a case of going back into our shells, it was snatching at chances, or not pulling the trigger quickly enough.

In terms of general performance, it was our best Derby in YEARS.

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 10:21 PM
It wasn't even a case of going back into our shells, it was snatching at chances, or not pulling the trigger quickly enough.

Watching the match earlier I never noticed Robertson when Craig got one on one....surely you just roll it to him for the tap in.... hindsight eh?

GlenrothesHibee
30-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Good post :top markstheir keeper had an outstanding save from Robertson and some bad luck it could have been 3 or 4 at halt time. Our trouble was we went back into our shells after they scored.Finally somebody with a clear head and a bit of sense. In all my time watching derbys that first half was as one sided as ive seen to the point it was embarrassing. You just knew they would score out of nothing. Fair play to them. If they can survive that onslaught maybe they can stay up.

leggeto
We were shot shy,why do we try and walk it in when a shot is clearly on ,Collins had plenty balls in the box and not on the end of any and as for vine well no comment on him

Makaveli

Of course it was, look at the shadow side we were up against.

Yet we still conspired to get beat.

Emerald

Really doesn't matter what the media say, its what we do. We murdered them for half an hour and if we had scored we would have thrashed them. We went a goal down against the run of play and had no idea how to break them down after that. For two seasons people have stood up for Fenlon but the only reason his witless managerial tenure has gone on was Leigh Griffiths, he made and scored his own goals. Fenlon is as clueless now as he was when he arrived from part time football in Ireland.

18Craig75
30-10-2013, 10:25 PM
How did Liam Craig miss? Why didn't be slide it to Roberston??

500miles
30-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Of course it was, look at the shadow side we were up against.

Yet we still conspired to get beat.

It happens. Look at folk on this board creaming over Partick Thistle. You can't moan about beating them in the manner we did, and then complain about how our superior overall performance doesn't mean anything.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2013, 10:27 PM
The difference is that if Hearts should have been 3 up after 30 mins off a derby they would have been.

We weren'r and we paid the price.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2013, 10:29 PM
It happens. Look at folk on this board creaming over Partick Thistle. You can't moan about beating them in the manner we did, and then complain about how our superior overall performance doesn't mean anything.

We were superior for about 20 mins max.

The majority of the games was 2 pish teams playing pish football, at least 1 had an excuse.

FitbaFolkKen
Really doesn't matter what the media say, its what we do. We murdered them for half an hour and if we had scored we would have thrashed them. We went a goal down against the run of play and had no idea how to break them down after that. For two seasons people have stood up for Fenlon but the only reason his witless managerial tenure has gone on was Leigh Griffiths, he made and scored his own goals. Fenlon is as clueless now as he was when he arrived from part time football in Ireland.

I hate when people say this about managers. The only reason the manager has kept his job is because one of the players he signed has performed well enough to get results that are deemed to be acceptable? That's his job or am I missing something?

That said doesn't make tonight's, or some of the previous results this season acceptable.

theScientist
In a results driven business the performance doesnt matter. I've stood by Fenlon for a long time now but last straw was today. Fenlon OOOT!

GreenCastle

At the game I was surprised how poorly they were set up and the space they gave us. Yes we should have been about 3v0 up in 25/30 mins but football is about scoring and we didn't do that (did anyone watch Vine attempt to score in the warm up?! He was useless!).

The problem we have had this season is starting quickly - we actually did that tonight - what we failed to do was defend properly then adjust to the yams just sitting in and resorted to poor final passes.

No plan B - not even sure what plan A was...

The balance of the team is wrong once again picked by a clueless manager.

The yams are toiling and played to their strengths with a limited game plan - we had no idea what to do and resulted in less chances being created as the game went on - embarrassing to say the least.

FENLON / THE BOARD MUST GO!

Makaveli
30-10-2013, 10:31 PM

No one "moaned about beating" Thistle. It was the nature of the performance.

But of course our performance tonight means nothing. Papped out the cup at home by that Hearts side. Who gives a flying one if we dominated?

Andy74
30-10-2013, 10:36 PM
No one "moaned about beating" Thistle. It was the nature of the performance.

But of course our performance tonight means nothing. Papped out the cup at home by that Hearts side. Who gives a flying one if we dominated?

I agree but the last few weeks I've been reading countless posts saying that they would rather see us dominating games, trying to win and creating chances than winning whilst not playing well.

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Finally somebody with a clear head and a bit of sense. In all my time watching derbys that first half was as one sided as ive seen to the point it was embarrassing. You just knew they would score out of nothing. Fair play to them. If they can survive that onslaught maybe they can stay up.

i wouldn't put any bets on that, there's not another benevolent team like this Hibs team in the league, by **** i bet the yamboids wish they could play us every fizzing ******* week, whenever a club/team are down on the luck...the best cure/pick-me-up is a game against Hibs :aok: and it's been like that for at least three decades, unfortunately Pat Fenlon has decided to turn Easter Road into some charity-giving ground(which certainly has NOT been the case for decades) Easter Road was a ground no team relished visiting, and that includes the old squirm, has anyone got figures on just exactly how many games we have won at ER in the last 3/4 seasons ? i bet it makes absolutely shocking reading

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 10:37 PM

Not sure why you're doing it but you are on the wind up are you not?

Emerald
30-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I hate when people say this about managers. The only reason the manager has kept his job is because one of the players he signed has performed well enough to get results that are deemed to be acceptable? That's his job or am I missing something?

That said doesn't make tonight's, or some of the previous results this season acceptable.

That's not my point and you know it. Griffiths papered over all the cracks and Pat Fenlon got away with it because of him (not our player). LG is gone and PF has no more get out of jail cards.

hibee_nation
30-10-2013, 10:41 PM
In a results driven business the performance doesnt matter. I've stood by Fenlon for a long time now but last straw was today. Fenlon OOOT!

Course yeh have. GTF. :na na:

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 10:47 PM
That's not my point and you know it. Griffiths papered over all the cracks and Pat Fenlon got away with it because of him (not our player). LG is gone and PF has no more get out of jail cards.

Regardless whether he was our player or not, Fenlon worked with him for a year and a half and the player that left ER was worlds apart from Griffiths that we loaned initially. Pat worked hard on Leigh when it may well have been easier to just send him back to Wolves and make a statement that his conduct was unacceptable. He deserves credit for Leighs improvement and if Leigh is prepared to give him that then who are we to doubt it. Yes our team was built around one man but to an extent it worked. It also backfired as it resulted in wolves wanting to keep him.

I don't think Pat should remain our manager but results show that alone, theres no need to belittle his role in previous seasons work.

Hibby 2005
30-10-2013, 10:56 PM
I agree but the last few weeks I've been reading countless posts saying that they would rather see us dominating games, trying to win and creating chances than winning whilst not playing well.

We didn't dominate the game tonight unless you think a game lasts 20-30mins.

Leithenhibby
30-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Watching the match earlier I never noticed Robertson when Craig got one on one....surely you just roll it to him for the tap in.... hindsight eh?

:agree:

The same with Collins against the Dons, square it to Craig and it's 1-1... :rolleyes:

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 11:01 PM
:agree:

The same with Collins against the Dons, square it to Craig and it's 1-1... :rolleyes:

Was thinking that when I was typing, is it lack of composure, confidence.... or just terrible decision making. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were aware of their teammates position....

Leithenhibby
30-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Was thinking that when I was typing, is it lack of composure, confidence.... or just terrible decision making. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were aware of their teammates position....

For me it's the "i" in team syndrome... Or just not good enough..

Emerald
30-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Regardless whether he was our player or not, Fenlon worked with him for a year and a half and the player that left ER was worlds apart from Griffiths that we loaned initially. Pat worked hard on Leigh when it may well have been easier to just send him back to Wolves and make a statement that his conduct was unacceptable. He deserves credit for Leighs improvement and if Leigh is prepared to give him that then who are we to doubt it. Yes our team was built around one man but to an extent it worked. It also backfired as it resulted in wolves wanting to keep him.

I don't think Pat should remain our manager but results show that alone, theres no need to belittle his role in previous seasons work.

I have never belittled Pats's role in LG's progress, my point is that without Leigh we would have been in big sh$te long before now. That was one player that PF has the world to thank for or he would have been long gone by now without him!

BH Hibs
30-10-2013, 11:14 PM

Pish. Leigh Griffiths always had talent or Wolves wouldn't had bought him in the first place. He has said Fenlon helped him out so credit to him there but I donr think he developed him one little bit

LancashireHibby
30-10-2013, 11:14 PM
We were superb for the first 20 minutes, no doubting about that. The issue is the complete lack of ideas from Fenlon as to even have a sniff of getting back in to the game.

Emerald
30-10-2013, 11:19 PM

We had go for 25 minutes and they scored against the run of play. After that we had no clue what to do but you think this is OK. Are you on here just to wind folk up or are you a genuine Hibs fan? People say black and you say white, you are an infuriating wind up merchant. Loads of people on here are pissed of with your constant nit picking, so have some diplomacy.

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Pish. Leigh Griffiths always had talent or Wolves wouldn't had bought him in the first place. He has said Fenlon helped him out so credit to him there but I donr think he developed him one little bit

Pish? This is what I mean about belittling Fenlons role in his development, you disregard it with "Pish". Whereas Leigh says “I’ve said it before that Pat has been massive for developing my career. He helped me settle down and got me concentrating on football again." Just having talent isn't enough. Look at Riordan out the game at the moment.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leigh-griffiths-delighted-things-are-looking-up-for-pat-fenlon-1-3137431

Results are bad but it doesn't mean everything he has done at the club is bad. I still don't want him as manager but it doesn't mean you have to make things up to suit your agenda.

Hibercelona
30-10-2013, 11:27 PM
The thing that bothered me was all these angled crosses (or chips) into the box, whenever we came within 20 yards of their box.

We need players who can take LBs and RBs on, get to the byline and cut it back. We seem to be lacking in that department.

greenlex
30-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I think once the dust settles folk will see that wasn't as bad a performance as we think relatively speaking. They had two shots on target. One in the pokey and the other a feeble effort my Granny could gave saved. Not saying the second half was great but even then we created chances to level it. Disappointing result. Better performance.

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 11:29 PM
The thing that bothered me was all these angled crosses (or chips) into the box, whenever we came within 20 yards of their box.

We need players who can take LBs and RBs on, get to the byline and cut it back. We seem to be lacking in that department.

I agree, I think a right footed right back is a necessity as Stevenson just physically cannot overlap.

Craig tends to drift inside but McGivern likes to get down the line. It looks like they are clearly being told to angle the ball in from 30-35 yards as opposed to driving past. Possibly because of the lack of apce in the team to recover if we get caught out?

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 11:30 PM
I think once the dust settles folk will see that wasn't as bad a performance as we think relatively speaking. They had two shots on target. One in the pokey and the other a feeble effort my Granny could gave saved. Not saying the second half was great but even then we created chances to level it. Disappointing result. Better performance.

Too soon for common sense...too soon

Hibercelona
30-10-2013, 11:35 PM

To be honest, I only really felt that we done well for the first 25 minutes. Everything beyond that, I just wish I could erase from memory.

Hearts were never going to look great. But we allowed them to stiffle us and frustrate us for the rest of the game. That's whats most disappointing.

We took our foot off the pedals and we were made to pay for it.

The Voice Of Reason
30-10-2013, 11:44 PM

We don't have any pace in the team.........after the first 25 mins Hearts coped relatively comfortably. No plan B.

ballengeich
30-10-2013, 11:45 PM

Some parts of the performance were ok and McDonald made several very good saves.

The whole game tonight looked like playing against a lower division team set up to defend in depth and hoping to score on the break. Unfortunately they succeeded - occasionally it happens. However it shouldn't blind us to familiar deficiences. PF always fields two defensive midfielders who contribute next to nothing in attack, and there isn't anyone wide who takes on full backs and swings in crosses. That makes us easy to plan against. In 9 home games this season we've scored 9 goals - 5 were against Stranraer.

Hearts played against us in the way we did against Celtic - defend in depth and hope it's your lucky day.

Shields Hibee
30-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Had Robertson put his chance away it may have been a different outcome as for the first 20 mins, Hearts were really poor. I can't believe how Craig didn't put his chance away to level it as could have changed the game and given us the springboard to win. Zoubir should have been on a lot sooner to give us the chance of getting back in the game as Taiwo's petulance in the 2nd half seemed to suggest he's as frustrated as us lot are at what's going on at ER. As for the McPake sending off, how many times do players need to be told that 2 footed challenges off the ground will generally mean seeing red. Disappointing that he's only come back from injury and done something like that.

It just annoys me that we can play for 20-25 mins at best and look like the team that will win the game to suddenly get hit by the sucker punch then fold into our shells as our manager has no plan b in how to change games for the better.

Hibby 2005
30-10-2013, 11:47 PM
We were fantastic for 20-30mins and then predictably we went behind. After that, I and probably more than a few others, knew that Pat's famous lack of a Plan B would ensure a fairly comfortable win for Hearts.

Hibercelona
30-10-2013, 11:53 PM
We don't have any pace in the team.........after the first 25 mins Hearts coped relatively comfortably. No plan B.

The thing is, even in the first 25 minutes when we had those chances. They came from midfield players. Vine and Collins offered nothing at all.

They both should have been hooked at half time. How Vine lasted the full game, puzzles me to no end.

Caldwell and Handling should have been stripped up and brought on. They couldn't have possibly offered any less.

FastEddieFelson
30-10-2013, 11:53 PM

The majority of the games was 2 pish teams playing pish football, at least 1 had an excuse.

that sums it up for me. completely humiliating.

Pete
31-10-2013, 12:07 AM

I agree to a point. The first half hour was actually very good and I've not seen us play like that for a long time. We took the game to them, got in their faces and bossed the game. We definitely should have killed them off and I thought the 81% was going to be surpassed.

The way we reacted after the goal was more important though and demonstrates that it will never work. Our heads went down and we stopped doing what we were doing before. Confidence was low from them on and nothing the manager or crowd could do would effect it.

I believe a football team is made up of three elements: the team, the management and the supporters in the stand who all feed off each other, creating a positive environment. Ive tried weighing up the progress we have made against the bad defeats but tonight has tipped the scales. Bad results and bad football have taken its toll.

The relationship is ruined beyond repair as far as I'm concerned and going any further with him is pointless. It's like a couple who carry on after an indiscretion: something will always be missing and there are one too many bad memories.

WE need something fresh to help us move on and it would probably be the best for Pat too as we'll end up hating each other when there is no need. He's tried his best but it's definitely time for a new manager.

500miles
31-10-2013, 05:50 AM
We were superb for the first 20 minutes, no doubting about that. The issue is the complete lack of ideas from Fenlon as to even have a sniff of getting back in to the game.

What do you mean "get back in the game"? We were always the attacking team.

The only things that changed was the mood of the fans - therefore how they chose to interpret what they saw, and Hearts stuck 8 men in defence, which made getting that right final ball more difficult, and we had to probe more.

We set up entirely right last night, but we just had one of those nights in front of goal.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 05:55 AM

Maybe those folk had been drinking before they posted?

IWasThere2016
31-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Finally somebody with a clear head and a bit of sense. In all my time watching derbys that first half was as one sided as ive seen to the point it was embarrassing. You just knew they would score out of nothing. Fair play to them. If they can survive that onslaught maybe they can stay up.

A clear head would see that we'd an hour to equalise against a group assembled with the little they have and bairns playing (who otherwise would not be) and they are a side that can barely win a game.

We are rotten. A few results have papered over the cracks but are football is pedestrian and the manager has had 4 windows and countless signings. We played well for 30 minutes - a clear head knows a game last 90.

He has to go.

500miles
31-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Cracking two footed challange on Robertson in the first minute of the highlights by Jamie Hammill. No red card though. Exactly the same challange as McPake.

SkintHibby
31-10-2013, 06:02 AM

I truly despair.:rolleyes:

500miles
31-10-2013, 06:05 AM

I thought it was a pretty decent performance after all, and had the scores been reversed, people would be talking about the best performance in a derby since 06/07.

Tyler Durden
31-10-2013, 06:15 AM

The only things that changed was the mood of the fans - therefore how they chose to interpret what they saw, and Hearts stuck 8 men in defence, which made getting that right final ball more difficult, and we had to probe more.

We set up entirely right last night, but we just had one of those nights in front of goal.

We had a few decent bits of play from Collins and Robertson in the first 25 minutes. Otherwise our chances came from McGivern crossing the ball from 40 yards or free kicks from anywhere inside Hearts half. Our "set up" was no different from any other game, a joke. No options for 2 central midfielders, no great attempt to get full backs forward. Other than first half hour we couldn't get Craig or Robertson into the game much as they struggle wide. So we revert to hoofs which from McPake and Hanlon.

Same tactics we saw vs Motherwell, Utd, Aberdeen. You think our general play was good?

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2013, 06:17 AM

Thats how i saw it as well.they were awful but we were lost after they scored

500miles
31-10-2013, 06:26 AM
We had a few decent bits of play from Collins and Robertson in the first 25 minutes. Otherwise our chances came from McGivern crossing the ball from 40 yards or free kicks from anywhere inside Hearts half. Our "set up" was no different from any other game, a joke. No options for 2 central midfielders, no great attempt to get full backs forward. Other than first half hour we couldn't get Craig or Robertson into the game much as they struggle wide. So we revert to hoofs which from McPake and Hanlon.

Same tactics we saw vs Motherwell, Utd, Aberdeen. You think our general play was good?

Can we firstly drop this lie about Craig struggling out wide? He's spent the majority of his career there.

Robertson had a good game as well, he didn't struggle to get into anything.

We were entirely dominant. There were a few long balls, but I would argue that the majority of play was passes rolled along the deck. In the second half, Craig should have scored, Caldwell should have scored, but his touch let him down, and Vine should have scored possibly twice. Taiwo should have done better to get to a ball in the middle of the Hearts box to, because the only place the ball could go would have been in the back of the net.

That's just off the top of my head. We were far superior. Go watch the game again in the cold light of day, without grinding any axe, and try and tell me different.

Tyler Durden
31-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Can we firstly drop this lie about Craig struggling out wide? He's spent the majority of his career there.

We were entirely dominant. There were a few long balls, but I would argue that the majority of play was passes rolled along the deck. In the second half, Craig should have scored, Caldwell should have scored, but his touch let him down, and Vine should have scored possibly twice. Taiwo should have done better to get to a ball in the middle of the Hearts box to, because the only place the ball could go would have been in the back of the net.

That's just off the top of my head. We were far superior. Go watch the game again in the cold light of day, without grinding any axe, and try and tell me different.

Craig struggled last night. Robertson has never played wide right in his life until signing for Hibs. What did Robertson contribute after the first 30 minutes?

Neither Caldwell or Vine had chances. Taiwo should have done better to cross a ball? Really, cos creativity and assists are his strength are they? You are clutching at straws. Hibs played well for 25 minutes. We were not superior after that.

Fenlon is not capable of producing a good footballing side. He's not capable of a dull side that get results either. Locke has now won as many derbies in 2 months as Fenlon has in 2 years.

Weststandwanab
31-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Really doesn't matter what the media say, its what we do. We murdered them for half an hour and if we had scored we would have thrashed them. We went a goal down against the run of play and had no idea how to break them down after that. For two seasons people have stood up for Fenlon but the only reason his witless managerial tenure has gone on was Leigh Griffiths, he made and scored his own goals. Fenlon is as clueless now as he was when he arrived from part time football in Ireland.Difficult to argue against

In a results driven business the performance doesnt matter. I've stood by Fenlon for a long time now but last straw was today. Fenlon OOOT! Reluctantly you may be correct.

I have never belittled Pats's role in LG's progress, my point is that without Leigh we would have been in big sh$te long before now. That was one player that PF has the world to thank for or he would have been long gone by now without him! Spot on.

Pish. Leigh Griffiths always had talent or Wolves wouldn't had bought him in the first place. He has said Fenlon helped him out so credit to him there but I donr think he developed him one little bit I agree.

Had Robertson put his chance away it may have been a different outcome as for the first 20 mins, Hearts were really poor. I can't believe how Craig didn't put his chance away to level it as could have changed the game and given us the springboard to win. Zoubir should have been on a lot sooner to give us the chance of getting back in the game as Taiwo's petulance in the 2nd half seemed to suggest he's as frustrated as us lot are at what's going on at ER. As for the McPake sending off, how many times do players need to be told that 2 footed challenges off the ground will generally mean seeing red. Disappointing that he's only come back from injury and done something like that.

It just annoys me that we can play for 20-25 mins at best and look like the team that will win the game to suddenly get hit by the sucker punch then fold into our shells as our manager has no plan b in how to change games for the better. I am not sure he has a plan A currently.

Gatecrasher
31-10-2013, 06:42 AM
The first 20 mins were the exeption rather than the norm, the rest of the game was a typical Pat Fenlon Hibs Performence. tip tap ****in hoof. Once again on the big occasions we are shown up for what we really at the moment, weak.

BarneyK
31-10-2013, 06:54 AM
The first 20 mins were the exeption rather than the norm, the rest of the game was a typical Pat Fenlon Hibs Performence. tip tap ****in hoof. Once again on the big occasions we are shown up for what we really at the moment, weak.

:agree: You can see the team are trying to play football but there is no-one in the final third prepared to take a chance, no quality there at all. Most of the chances last night came from crosses into the box and that's never been our strength. Until the players grow a pair and learn to take a chance, to play the wee triangles at the edge of the box, we are always going to struggle to score goals. For all the admirable spirit in the first 30 minutes - they fought like lions - thereafter it was a pussy cat performance.

matty_f
31-10-2013, 06:59 AM

We weren't dominant after they scored. We had a lot of the ball but the Yams were happy to let us have it. Their keeper made one save after we went behind.

It was, for an hour, a typical unimaginative, uncreative, ineffective Fenlon's Hibs performance.

DaveF
31-10-2013, 07:02 AM

No we didn't. Craig missed the sitter which wasn't created, it bounced off someone and he looked offside anyway. Care to name these other chances as apart from a Vine trundler past the near post and Collins shooting (or crossing) miles wide I don't recall any?

The opening 20 minutes were decent. We haven't played as well in years, but look at what we were up against. Bossed by Jamie Hamill :rolleyes:

Paisley Hibby
31-10-2013, 07:20 AM

Surprised nobody else has said it so I will. Calderwood brought Griffiths to Hibs, not Fenlon.

31-10-2013, 07:33 AM
The difference is that if Hearts should have been 3 up after 30 mins off a derby they would have been.

We weren'r and we paid the price.

Exactly. If we had been at tynecastle and they had been as all over us as were to them last night then they would have absolutely hammered us!

greenlex
31-10-2013, 08:02 AM
No we didn't. Craig missed the sitter which wasn't created, it bounced off someone and he looked offside anyway. Care to name these other chances as apart from a Vine trundler past the near post and Collins shooting (or crossing) miles wide I don't recall any?

The opening 20 minutes were decent. We haven't played as well in years, but look at what we were up against. Bossed by Jamie Hamill :rolleyes:
You just named two Dafty.:rolleyes:
There were several other opportunities where either the wrong decision was made trying to pass the ball in their box or on the edge or shots blocked.

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2013, 08:17 AM
We weren't dominant after they scored. We had a lot of the ball but the Yams were happy to let us have it. Their keeper made one save after we went behind.

It was, for an hour, a typical unimaginative, uncreative, ineffective Fenlon's Hibs performance.

Spot on Matthew. :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
31-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Ok, so I've slept on that result and performance. I still feel Pat Fenlon needs to do the honorable thing and walk away. He has a team that cannot do the basics in football and Fenlon himself unable to alter tactics from plan A. We should not be losing to that Hearts team, who in themselves fought for each other and took their chance. The fundamental skills are not there, or at least not consistently - basic football skills that I would expect a professional footballer to be able to execute with their eyes shut.

Ball control,
Touch,
3 yard pass (to a team mate),
Pass and move,
Holding a ball up,
Composure.

it aint hard, is it?

DaveF
31-10-2013, 08:30 AM
There were several other opportunities where either the wrong decision was made trying to pass the ball in their box or on the edge or shots blocked.

If you class them as chances (they were nowhere near the target) then you're possibly the biggest straw clutcher on here.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 08:31 AM

Exactly. There was that time Hanlon headed the ball over the half-way line. That must count as a chance too.

DaveF
31-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Exactly. There was that time Hanlon headed the ball over the half-way line. That must count as a chance too.

You might be onto something. The Hibs twitter feed even had to audacity to report "McGivern shot deflected for a corner". That'll be the shot from 40 yards which was heading for the cemetery.

TowerHibs
31-10-2013, 08:37 AM

tbf i agree with u.

however, the manager said of tuesday that all that matters was winning. we lost. to come out after the game and praise the first 25 mins performace and not say anything about losing goes against everything he said on tues. in fact it stinks of despiration

LancashireHibby
31-10-2013, 08:41 AM
We were losing 1-0.

I'm not sure punting aimless balls forward to be returned ad infinitum could be deemed as 'attacking' either.

Brightside
31-10-2013, 08:44 AM

The first 25 mins or so was exactly how most fans want to see us play. We are more than able to play in that style and the fans were loving it. THEY scored following a daft clearance from McPake and suddenly we went right back into our shell again. That is when the manager shows what he is made of, picks the team up and get them attacking again, attacking like its the last 10 mins of the game. It is also when the Captain should prove his worth. BOTH of them let us down last night and not for the time. McPake and Fenlon are now Hearts heros. BOTH should do the decent thing.

truehibernian
31-10-2013, 08:53 AM
tbf i agree with u.

however, the manager said of tuesday that all that matters was winning. we lost. to come out after the game and praise the first 25 mins performace and not say anything about losing goes against everything he said on tues. in fact it stinks of despiration

To be honest Kev I don't think John Barnes (I think it was him) gave Pat it tight enough and let him off the hook - the interview was never going to be easy straight after the game but Pat's beginning to crack in front of the media and they can sense it - hence the wee taunts on Monday and Tuesday from Robbo and Tom English saying 'well the pressure is back on Pat if they lose'.......they know that having a go at Locke is unwise because they use the money, kids and 'situation' as a reason for any defeats.......

What Pat said in the interview is unforgivable and makes a mockery of the fans - every team has a portion of the game where they create a chance or two - but to say for a quarter of the game we were 'brilliant' yet neglect to answer the glaring definciencies of the other 65 minutes beggars belief - and shows Pat up for what he is - very very out of his depth at present.

Still, we've assembled a great backroom staff according to our captain - because backroom teams win games, cups and points of course eh :wink:...well nah, they see us 7th, pumped out Europe badly, pumped out the League Cup to our rivals and playing the most industrial football I've seen at ER in decades, also sees us only scoring one goal against any of our top 6 rivals (Utd, Dons, ICT and Well) and gives us just two home wins in the year to 'enjoy'........away back into that skip of a Vengabus and away and talk to a mirror James eh :aok:

If the game was played on Twitter we'd be playing Real Madrid for the Champions League trophy though :cb

greenlex
31-10-2013, 09:21 AM

You might be onto something. The Hibs twitter feed even had to audacity to report "McGivern shot deflected for a corner". That'll be the shot from 40 yards which was heading for the cemetery.Look Im not getting drawn into this. The inference was we passed the ball back more than forward. Yes we did do it too often but we did create chances. Dave you are being harsh on the McGivern shot too by the way.Beefster you are just being a dick as usual. Fenlon isnt going to take us forward and wont get a new contract but the negativity is grinding a bit. I mean leaving with 20 mins to go when only 1-0 down?????

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Look Im not getting drawn into this. The inference was we passed the ball back more than forward. Yes we did do it too often but we did create chances. Dave you are being harsh on the McGivern shot too by the way.Beefster you are just being a dick as usual. Fenlon isnt going to take us forward and wont get a new contract but the negativity is grinding a bit. I mean leaving with 20 mins to go when only 1-0 down?????

We'd have all been as well leaving as soon as Hearts scored, because bugger all of note happened after that.

greenlex
31-10-2013, 09:34 AM
We'd have all been as well leaving as soon as Hearts scored, because bugger all of note happened after that.This is exactly what I mean. Negative in the extreme and with that Im out before I slit my wrists.

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 09:43 AM
This is exactly what I mean. Negative in the extreme and with that Im out before I slit my wrists.

You're right. It was negative in the extreme. It's just a shame that a crowd of over 17,000 had to bare witness to it!

Beefster
31-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Beefster you are just being a dick as usual.

Ouch. Never mind the football this season and the game last night, you've properly ruined my day now.