PDA

View Full Version : Ross Caldwell..

California-Hibs
30-10-2013, 09:13 PM
ABSOLUTE PISH! Granted Collins wasn't having the best of games, but he still had a few decent bits of play in the first half, forced Mcdonald into a decent save aswel, and although he dropped out abit in the 2nd, he was still winning a few flick-on's.

As soon as I saw Ross coming on I thought 'oh no, here we go again' and AGAIN, he produced exactly what I thought he would - NOTHING!

This guys has done veeeeery very little in a Hibs shirt in every appearance he's had. He simply is not good enough for this standard of football, and anyone who thinks he is is kidding themselves on and being caught in the 'he's a young player, give him time' blind faith category.

He's murder and the sub should have been Zoubir, instead of giving him just 14 minute's, that was criminal and a complete insult!

Prof. Shaggy
30-10-2013, 09:16 PM
The game was gone long before Ross stepped on the pitch.

stokesmessiah
30-10-2013, 09:18 PM
ABSOLUTE PISH! Granted Collins wasn't having the best of games, but he still had a few decent bits of play in the first half, forced Mcdonald into a decent save aswel, and although he dropped out abit in the 2nd, he was still winning a few flick-on's.

As soon as I saw Ross coming on I thought 'oh no, here we go again' and AGAIN, he produced exactly what I thought he would - NOTHING!

This guys has done veeeeery very little in a Hibs shirt in every appearance he's had. He simply is not good enough for this standard of football, and anyone who thinks he is is kidding themselves on and being caught in the 'he's a young player, give him time' blind faith category.

He's murder and the sub should have been Zoubir, instead of giving him just 14 minute's, that was criminal and a complete insult!

Sorry but are you taking the piss, he has been ignored all season and we threw him on to save the game.

California-Hibs

A full 30 minutes to go?! Nonsence the game was gone!

SkintHibby
How you can single out Ross Caldwell after that is quite shameful.

Out of order.:agree:

Judas Iscariot
30-10-2013, 09:19 PM
You're a slavering arse

Caldwell did more positive things in 5 minutes than that tlt Collins did the whole time he was on

California-Hibs
Sorry but are you taking the piss, he has been ignored all season and we threw him on to save the game.

In the games he's started/came on as a sub, tell me things he's done that have been worthy of note. He got a cracker last season against them, yes, but other than that he shows nothing whatsoever. He won't make it at Easter Road/the SPL, you watch.

Scottie

Crap

The game was never over before he came on it was only 1-0 right up to the last second

agree though he is mince

Hiber-nation
30-10-2013, 09:20 PM

Behave, he's hardly had more than 5 minutes all season. Blame 1. the manager and 2. the 2 imposters starting up front.

stoneyburn hibs

Pish Thread

O'Rourke3
You're a slavering arse

Caldwell did more positive things in 5 minutes than that tlt Collins did the whole time he was on

This - he created the only chance we had post Stevenson's goal. He should have been on much earlier

Thecat23
Thought he was poor when he came on. Can see why he's been pied all season.

California-Hibs
You're a slavering arse

Collins registered a save from Mcdonald. Please tell me these positive things Caldwell did in 5 minutes, I'm dying to know!!

Prof. Shaggy
30-10-2013, 09:21 PM
A full 30 minutes to go?! Nonsence the game was gone!

Long gone.

EH6 Hibby
30-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Do you honestly think it was Ross Caldwells fault we lost tonight?

He'd be the last person I'd blame for that pathetic performance.

leither17
30-10-2013, 09:22 PM

How about a winner a tynecastle when is the next time we will see one of them

3pm
30-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Thought he was poor when he came on. Can see why he's been pied all season.

Need a pass mate.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Ross should not be singled out for tonight but he is mince. There is a fair chance he won't make it.

No idea why he featured tonight after hardly featuring so far, another special decision by fenfail.
Same goes with Tudor jones how did he make the bench, we hardly needed cover for centre mid tonight, surely with only 4 outfield subs we should have had others.

Smiggy 7-0
30-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Ross Caldwell was no worse than anyone else tonight

IFONLY
30-10-2013, 09:25 PM

He hasnt been quoted for weeks....not even on the bench, but Fenlon decides to pitch him in tonight....cant really understand the logic

Cropley10
30-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Step away from the keyboard son.

California-Hibs
30-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Do you honestly think it was Ross Caldwells fault we lost tonight?

He'd be the last person I'd blame for that pathetic performance.

Of course it was not his fault we lost tonight, but he certainly didn't help the matter. I'm just highlighting while we're all getting our frustrations out tonight that Caldwell is not good enough to make it at this level, and that Zoubir should have been the change. The performance that Caldwell gave in that 30 minutes is almost identical to every other sub apperances he's made. If you want to be included in the starting 11 you have to make an impact and show why you should be starting. Caldwell, has never done this for me and it's very frustrating that we keep persisting with wasting our time with him. Won't be for much longer though!

California-Hibs
30-10-2013, 09:30 PM
He hasnt been quoted for weeks....not even on the bench, but Fenlon decides to pitch him in tonight....cant really understand the logic

And theres a reason he hasn't been quoted for weeks!!

oconnors_strip
30-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Of course it was not his fault we lost tonight, but he certainly didn't help the matter. I'm just highlighting while we're all getting our frustrations out tonight that Caldwell is not good enough to make it at this level, and that Zoubir should have been the change. The performance that Caldwell gave in that 30 minutes is almost identical to every other sub apperances he's made. If you want to be included in the starting 11 you have to make an impact and show why you should be starting. Caldwell, has never done this for me and it's very frustrating that we keep persisting with wasting our time with him. Won't be for much longer though!

Did you see zoubir's poor performance against Aberdeen? Again tonight he looked scared to take a man on and try to beat him.

Leighonel
30-10-2013, 09:34 PM

'As soon as I saw Ross coming on I thought 'oh no, here we go again' and AGAIN, he produced exactly what I thought he would - NOTHING!'

Maybe that is your problem, you are expecting him to fail. I dont understand how you have managed to pick out his performance for such harsh criticism when there were plenty others which managed to give less to the team in 90 mins.

I thought he did ok when he came on, he won quite a bit in the air or at least forced the hearts player to make a mistake.

Robinho08
We're all a bit gutted, but there is some crazy posts going up the now.

EH6 Hibby

Nothing you have said here is wrong in my opinion. I just personally think Caldwell is the least of our problems. To single him out after that nonsense is unfair.

reidy
30-10-2013, 09:36 PM
I thought he done ok when he came on, didn't really do anything wrong except 1 or 2 bad touches

IFONLY
30-10-2013, 09:36 PM
And theres a reason he hasn't been quoted for weeks!!

He would IMO improve given a run in the team.I think he would be better than the two imposters that we had up front tonight as for Zoubir.........have a word

theonlywayisup
30-10-2013, 09:38 PM

I don't rate Caldwell, but your post is totally out of order. Tonight's loss is not the fault of Caldwell.

Billy Whizz
30-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Layoff Caldwell. Hasn't had a lot of football, but looked eager to get involved when he came on. Maybe never came off, but I thought he worked hard

Jones28
30-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Scored the winner against hearts last season, put himself about more than either of the other 2 strikers we had, touch and heading better than the other 2.

**** off

Bourne_Hibs
30-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Very harsh to single out Caldwell. I think we are better than turning on our younger players. He is probably wondering why he does not get a game ahead of Vine. He has been largely overlooked this season and then thrown on with half an hour left, hardly the best preparation for him. I think he will be decent but just needs gradual game time.

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Layoff Caldwell. Hasn't had a lot of football, but looked eager to get involved when he came on. Maybe never came off, but I thought he worked hard

I reckon the OP checked out all the thread titles and picked a player no-one had used yet.

greenlex
30-10-2013, 09:46 PM
You're a slavering arse

Caldwell did more positive things in 5 minutes than that tlt Collins did the whole time he was onName me one.:confused:

Itsnoteasy
30-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Did you see zoubir's poor performance
against Aberdeen? Again tonight he looked scared to take a man on and try to beat him.

And he was ***** against celtic to

Billy Whizz
30-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I reckon the OP checked out all the thread titles and picked a player no-one had used yet.

Jonnyboy, I think its just frustration on the part of Hibs supporters. Lets just knock everyone we can. There were a few decent performers tonight, but there were more sub standard

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Jonnyboy, I think its just frustration on the part of Hibs supporters. Lets just knock everyone we can. There were a few decent performers tonight, but there were more sub standard

OK. Two stewards in the East were useless. Never did a thing all night. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
30-10-2013, 10:45 PM

The only criminal and insulting thing to happen tonight was to us the fans!

Ranting your head of a Caldwell is unjust to the laddie we all know he would have given that back four a good run for their money. He was brought on too late really to do anything and when that rest of his team are pitter pattering around each other rather than taken the ball forward he had no chance to change things at all.

You really are scraping the barrell here trying to pin your undoubted frustration on a player that was only on the park for 20mins the rest had been there all night and warranted being taken off altogether!!!

Caldwell is young and can only get better but writing garbage like that helps no one !

Stantons Angel
30-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Name me one.:confused:

eh from my recollection he beat two player and got a corner out of it? More than we had in the previous half hour!!!!

Emerald
30-10-2013, 10:52 PM
How any one could give RC abuse for that is beyond me. You are a prize tube.

lucky
30-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Caldwell is not good enough but shows how bad a manager PF is to bring on a player that has been nowhere near the first team in weeks.

greenlex
30-10-2013, 10:54 PM
eh from my recollection he beat two player and got a corner out of it? More than we had in the previous half hour!!!!
Ok I'll give you that. That's a positive. :aok:

leithsansiro
30-10-2013, 10:55 PM

This. I'm surprised no one's laid into the shocking standards of the ball boys tonight...

Jones28
30-10-2013, 10:55 PM
There are about 50 things I would apportion blame to for tonight's loss before even thinking about Caldwell. And even then he would only be at fault for not decking Vine and running on to take his place.

Emerald
30-10-2013, 10:56 PM
There are about 50 things I would apportion blame to for tonight's loss before even thinking about Caldwell. And even then he would only be at fault for not decking Vine and running on to take his place.

:thumbsup:

greenlex
30-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Ross Caldwell was no worse than anyone else tonight
This is true but he wasn't any better either.

R'Albin
30-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Based on today's performances I think Caldwell deserves a start up front alongside Heffernan against Motherwell. Vine and Collins have both had horrendous starts with us; they're either too low on confidence/too pish to be playing for us at the moment. Caldwell struggled at first but then had a really strong end to last season, so why he isn't deemed worthy of more game time baffles me considering how poor our strikers have been.

Jones28
30-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Based on today's performances I think Caldwell deserves a start up front alongside Heffernan against Motherwell. Vine and Collins have both had horrendous starts with us; they're either too low on confidence/too pish to be playing for us at the moment. Caldwell struggled at first but then had a really strong end to last season, so why he isn't deemed worthy of more game time baffles me considering how poor our strikers have been.

This. Abso-****ing-lutely

ForeverHibs93
30-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Not a huge Caldwell fan but really? After the performances of Vine and Collins.. I'd rather play with a traffic cone up top than those two ****ing impostors

MrRobot
30-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Don't think he's good enough for Hibs.

The Voice Of Reason
30-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Don't think he's good enough for Hibs.

Neither does Pat.......as he hasn't even been in the squad of late. Yet he puts him on tonight and leaves Handling on the bench !

The "Irish Magician" strikes again.

Oh Pat......

Leishy1995
30-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Neither does Pat.......as he hasn't even been in the squad of late. Yet he puts him on tonight and leaves Handling on the bench !

The "Irish Magician" strikes again.

Oh Pat......

A fan tweeted handling saying he was shocked he wasn't brought on, and was more shocked when Danny told him he was fit, no injury and was just not included.

WellingtonHibby
30-10-2013, 11:44 PM
You're a slavering arse

Thats is utter baws,..

BH Hibs
30-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Good to see the drugs in California are still freely available. Ross Caldwell has scored more goals against those Hearts defenders than anyone else in the team. Why Fenlon has refused to play him all season is a more pertinent question imho