PDA

View Full Version : A change of manager wont change our fortunes

SneakersO'Toole
30-10-2013, 10:06 PM
History suggests this. And that Petrie couldn't pick a good manager if it slapped him in the face.

This club needs an overhaul. We've been saying it for a while now. But the club will replace the manager and think everything will be rosy again in a couple of weeks.

The problems at this club go a lot deeper than the manager.

S.sct
30-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Aye ok but we can't continue with Fenlon. Can't be bothered to list his shortfalls, I shouldn't need to.....You could have put a team out to beat that bunch of crap fi Gorgie tonight but he couldn't. Na getting him out is enough for me tonight.

Maybe I'll agree more with your more measured thoughts tomorrow but no the night.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

tamig
30-10-2013, 10:23 PM
History suggests this. And that Petrie couldn't pick a good manager if it slapped him in the face.

This club needs an overhaul. We've been saying it for a while now. But the club will replace the manager and think everything will be rosy again in a couple of weeks.

So tell me why a half decent manager with some tactical nous couldn't turn around our fortunes with this squad?

easty
30-10-2013, 10:25 PM
A change of manager would make a difference.

Bourne_Hibs
30-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I think you start with removing Fenlon and getting a new manager in that is not tactically naive and can take these team forward. I think a few players need to be binned/dropped. I don't even know why a league of Ireland manager was recruited.

There are deeper problems with the club and that stems from the board and Rod, they can't and won't be removed overnight.

Crossgates Hibs
30-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Aye ok but we can't continue with Fenlon. Can't be bothered to list his shortfalls, I shouldn't need to.....You could have put a team out to beat that bunch of crap fi Gorgie tonight but he couldn't. Na getting him out is enough for me tonight.

Maybe I'll agree more with your more measured thoughts tomorrow but no the night.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Agree if Fenlon isn't sacked or left by tomorrow then Petrie should join him. It's 100% the managers fault he is useless I wont be back whilst he is at the club.

WhileTheChief..
30-10-2013, 10:29 PM
A change of manager is exactly what we need.

leithsansiro
30-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I think you start with removing Fenlon and getting a new manager in that is not tactically naive and can take these team forward. I think a few players need to be binned/dropped. I don't even know why a league of Ireland manager was recruited.

There are deeper problems with the club and that stems from the board and Rod, they can't and won't be removed overnight.

Yes, of course there are. To be fair to Pat, although he's given us some awful experiences over his tenure, he has also done a load of stuff behind the scenes - stuff that the paying punters don't notice or care about. Who says so? The players themselves

IberianHibernian
30-10-2013, 10:32 PM
IMO changing manager now would not be a good move but I realise that many here dont agree ( some were bursting to give opinion after a defeat tonight ) . A new manager ( it probably wouldn`t be new anyway , it would be Jimmy Nicholl until someone could be found to improve things etc etc ) might get better results for a few weeks though things would return to normal ( draws , odd goal defeats or wins agaisnt other teams in same división ) soon after .

mcfly
30-10-2013, 10:36 PM

A change of manager is needed now!!

Watch his interview on bbc - apparently from the dugout we dominated the whole game. Not the same view I had in the east. We were good for 1st 30 mins then we ran out of ideas.

His signings are not good enough, there is no pace or width.
Finally two words Rowan Vine!!!!!!!

Baldy Foghorn
30-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Sacking Fenlon is a must, however we need a Board that delivers......We have no leadership in my opinion, and changes must be made at this level.....

Steve20
30-10-2013, 10:39 PM
I can't believe there is any Hibees who think Fenlon should still be Hibs manager. The guy proves time and time again that he is useless. Get him out now.

IberianHibernian
30-10-2013, 10:40 PM

There are deeper problems with the club and that stems from the board and Rod, they can't and won't be removed overnight.He was recruited because he had a record of winning trophies in Ireland in the League of Ireland , a league which is more or less the same level as league Hibernian play in now . Two Scottish Cup finals in two seasons after 90 years without successive finals suggests we might be about to make history in SC this season .

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-10-2013, 10:48 PM
From my seat in the East, the technical input during the game from the Manager seemed to be limited to clapping his hands?

Stringer
30-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Pat has lost the fans and he got out managed by Locke and Brown. We need a change and fast.

green.and.white
30-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Pat has lost the fans and he got out managed by Locke and Brown. We need a change and fast.

This. Outsmarted by Gary ****ing Locke and Bily Brown. What an embarrassment.

Bourne_Hibs
30-10-2013, 10:58 PM
He was recruited because he had a record of winning trophies in Ireland in the League of Ireland , a league which is more or less the same level as league Hibernian play in now . Two Scottish Cup finals in two seasons after 90 years without successive finals suggests we might be about to make history in SC this season .

Really? I don't think so.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Said this on another thread already, changing the manager will achieve nothing when you have a board that could not pick a decent manager if they tried. We need changes a lot higher up the ladder than just the manager. The club is stale, has been for a long time now and needs a new direction.

Anyone who thinks a new manager coming in is the solution to all of our problems is, in my opinion, sorely mistaken.

Aldoo
30-10-2013, 11:04 PM
The OP is partially right. There are deeper rooted problems at our club however I'm not convinced Pat is the a guy a want in charge anyway if we are to aspire to where we see ourselves.

However any new manager would have to work to some restrictions and under the same conditions that have got our club geared only for mediocrity at best and we'd be in the same position again in a year or two moaning that the manager has to go.

IMO the deep rooted problems the OP mentions are our lack of high standards within the club, we don't seem to be demanding much from those that play a role in any capacity at hibs. This shows up on the playing side of things in our performances which lack heart when it is needed most because we don't breed or drill the importance of representing hibs into our staff.

How many times over the years have you read a post on here with the words - spineless, gutless, etc to describe one of our performances??

Say what you want about that lot across the city but they get the importance of playing for hearts into their players whether they be youngsters through their academy or some foreign signing here for the (until recently grossly inflated) wages.

As fans of hibs we are constantly being let down by the wide gap between our desire and love for hibs compared to what the vast majority of our team shows hence our frustration and said adjectives above. That gap is sadly much narrower in Gorgie, how else do you describe their constant raising of their game against us. The hearts team that plays the rest of the league is not the same team that turns up against us., it's drilled into them what playing for hearts means and it's not hard for them to dig deep to find it when it matters most ie the two derbies this season.

#FromTheCapital
30-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Hibs are going to have to do more than change manager to get me and, I suspect, other fans back. We are a shambles through and through and swapping fenlon for (insert other ***** manager) isn't going to cut it.
Its got to the point where a new manager needs almost instant success to have any chance of fan approval. Fenlon has assembled a half decent squad but has proved beyond doubt that he's incapable of taking us forward.

GreenCastle
30-10-2013, 11:17 PM
The OP is partially right. There are deeper rooted problems at our club however I'm not convinced Pat is the a guy a want in charge anyway if we are to aspire to where we see ourselves.

However any new manager would have to work to some restrictions and under the same conditions that have got our club geared only for mediocrity at best and we'd be in the same position again in a year or two moaning that the manager has to go.

IMO the deep rooted problems the OP mentions are our lack of high standards within the club, we don't seem to be demanding much from those that play a role in any capacity at hibs. This shows up on the playing side of things in our performances which lack heart when it is needed most because we don't breed or drill the importance of representing hibs into our staff.

How many times over the years have you read a post on here with the words - spineless, gutless, etc to describe one of our performances??

Say what you want about that lot across the city but they get the importance of playing for hearts into their players whether they be youngsters through their academy or some foreign signing here for the (until recently grossly inflated) wages.

As fans of hibs we are constantly being let down by the wide gap between our desire and love for hibs compared to what the vast majority of our team shows hence our frustration and said adjectives above. That gap is sadly much narrower in Gorgie, how else do you describe their constant raising of their game against us. The hearts team that plays the rest of the league is not the same team that turns up against us., it's drilled into them what playing for hearts means and it's not hard for them to dig deep to find it when it matters most ie the two derbies this season.

100% deeper problems than just the clown of a manager.

Serious change is needed or Hibs will be playing in a 20,000 seater stadium with 6,000 crowds max.

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I agree with up to a point, but I now think Fenlon has to filed under Calderwood as a man who just isn't up to the job. His record speaks for itself.

Hearts are having the season from hell, and the only two high spots have been provided by us.

He's decimated a proud European record - from 2-4 v Altafini's Juventus to 0-7 v nobody's Malmo is more than a descent into mediocrity, it's a collapse into a footballing abyss.

The deeper malaise is obviously boardroom related, with STF and Petrie. That should be pretty much indisputable by now, given their terrible record.

But they've picked two real turkeys on the trot, guys who just haven't delivered the sort of results that even a club of very, very modest ambitions would find utterly embarrassing.

One Day Soon
30-10-2013, 11:27 PM
He was recruited because he had a record of winning trophies in Ireland in the League of Ireland , a league which is more or less the same level as league Hibernian play in now . Two Scottish Cup finals in two seasons after 90 years without successive finals suggests we might be about to make history in SC this season .

What the actual F?

He is getting us epically humiliated.

Caroline Hibby
30-10-2013, 11:42 PM
It's not just Fenlon it's the whole structure that's gone. We employed this guy as well as Collins Hughes and Calderwood. We gave them all money. Problem is we can't get a team. Tonight ... Collins Vine Mcgivern Hanlon ... but most of all Thompson were horrendous. So for that Fenlon must go. And while I'm on it Thompson is a prick and needs to get a wake up call. He'll be with Murray at Dumbarton next year

chrisski33
30-10-2013, 11:47 PM

Your having a laugh? We wont make history in the sc this season.

Hibby 2005
31-10-2013, 12:35 AM
McInness (sp?) at Aberdeen has done more in 6 months than Fenlon has done in 2-3 years so a good managerial appointment matters. Aberdeen are a shambles behind the scenes whereas we have a great infrastructure by all accounts, we just can't seem to get the most important thing right.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 12:44 AM
alas, me thinks it's now time for Mr petrie to get downgraded to groundstaff, he must have absolutely **** all to do with taking on another manager(although i have a funny feeling any new manager is actually already employed at ER) manager after manager after manager.....groundhog day every single time

Baader
31-10-2013, 12:53 AM
A change of manager can definitely make a difference. The thing is it needs to be the right manager - for years now we've appointed duds. Fenlon can't have any complaints about not being backed by the board - something that shows up their own lack of judgement - as again we have backed the wrong horse. The current board should admit their failings and walk with fenlon.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 01:41 AM

The problems at this club go a lot deeper than the manager.Nail, hammer heid. Rotten from top tae bottom. Loser mentality, anything will do, always been the same, we'll never be anything else, why expect anything else etc, etc.

SneakersO'Toole
31-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Said this on another thread already, changing the manager will achieve nothing when you have a board that could not pick a decent manager if they tried. We need changes a lot higher up the ladder than just the manager. The club is stale, has been for a long time now and needs a new direction.

Anyone who thinks a new manager coming in is the solution to all of our problems is, in my opinion, sorely mistaken.

Thank you. Someone who actually read my post properly and understood the point being made. Which is that just changing the manager is not enough! History suggests that JUST bringing another man in will only serve to ensure that we are having the same discussions on here in 18months time.

Changes must come from the very top!

SneakersO'Toole
31-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Ok, Spell them out then. What exactly are the problems at the club?

Where to begin...

An absent owner who sits in an ivory tower and doesn't say a peep when his club is in crisis
An untouchable chairman who is in an unsackabale position thanks to relationship with said owner regardless of his failings
A current boardroom which just oozes a quiet comfort zone for all.
A thriving culture of mediocrity and accepting 2nd best throughout the club.
No big game mentality which inevitably leads to the club losing the games the fans crave victory the most
A general lack of accountability and general feeling of 'job for life' and 'pals act' at Hibs regardless of your role
A chairman who point blank refuses to state the ambitions/targets of the club because he is petrified of failure
Don't even get me started on our derby record.....

Shall I continue because I could go on for a long time.

oldbiker
31-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Having stewed on this overnight and watched countless Hibs teams over the years the consistent quality missing is leadership.

From Tom Farmer who must have a been a cracking leader to make Kwik Fit what it was to our captain who goes and get himself sent off for a stupid tackle on a ball that was going nowhere we dont have a leader.

Every successful organisation is now investing in their leadership programmes and developing leaders who know about the skills required and the organisation they are expected to lead.

Pat Fenlon does not look or act or react like a leader, like it or loathe it Locke and Brown kicked every single ball with their players and encouraged and sadly inspired every single player, I didnt see a negative response from their dugout even when we were hammering into them in the first half hour.

After they scored PF sat back and from what you could see his reaction was to clap or bury his head in his hands. No spit , no fire and no FFS get into them response and absolutely no inspiration.

The problems with our club go right through the structure and stem from the lack of a coherent and planned leadership programme, we should be identifying young players (Sam Stanton) now and setting them on the road to be the Captain and leader in ten years time instead of bringing in another James McPake.

Sad days but as usual we now get a couple of decent results due the cathartic effect of getting mugged and the leaderless board will accept middle of the road as good enough.

I used to think sometimes its hard being a hibby, tell you what most of the time now its hard being a hibby.

hibeesjoe
31-10-2013, 09:35 AM
A change of attitude towards hearts might help a bit. The hearts players hate hibs and you can see that when they play. Could do with a few hibs players feeling the same towards them