PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone really that surprised?

erskine-hibby
30-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm not at all surprised.

HibsNZ
30-10-2013, 08:05 PM
No when I watched the 2nd half it just had a feeling of inevitability. I'm not even disappointed as I've been here so many times.

Del Boy
30-10-2013, 08:06 PM
That's as embarrassing as anything that's gone before. Beat by worst ever Hearts team.

James70
30-10-2013, 08:09 PM
After the first 20 minutes I was surprised at Hibs domination but then thought that if Hibs scored first they would win but if Hearts scored against the run of play we were done for.

thefifer1959
30-10-2013, 08:13 PM
After the first 20 minutes I was surprised at Hibs domination but then thought that if Hibs scored first they would win but if Hearts scored against the run of play we were done for. done for come on that's being mild, they had no idea how to get back into the game. like always they try to walk the ball into the big box and stoke it home why not just hit it when u get sight of goal.

Franck Stanton
30-10-2013, 08:13 PM
For the past, what ? 30years, with a few exceptions, [Sauzee's years, McLeish era] Hearts could put out 11 traffic cones and as long as they had that turd-coloured strip on we would be unable to beat them. As for tonight's fiasco, we were far superior to them for first 25/30min and it appeared to only be a matter of time before we scored, and if we had, I am confident we would have scored quite a few, however......it is Hearts we were playing and all that goes out the windae. They scored with their first shot at goal and it was like my car getting a slow puncture as our performance became more and more deflated as the game wore on. As for Liam Craig ...ball at his feet, 12yds from goal near penalty spot and hit it like a big girl. To say I am gutted is an understatement. However, the only glimmer, and it is a very small consolation, is that they will be gubbed in the semi-final because lets face it, ALL the teams left in would want to be drawn against whoever won this game as they are/were the weakest left in the competition.

neil7908
30-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Yup, not surprised in the slightest, folk at work saying Hibs were a definite to win but after watching the Aberdeen game at the weekend I knew we'd be struggling massively for goals and all it would take was one lucky Hearts effort.Totally embarrassing stuff and to be honest, I'm genuinely beginning to question when I'll next be back at ER. Even with a new manager I just feel like the club have let us down so often in the last few years that I have no hope for the future even with someone new in charge and new faces in January.

hibee_girl
30-10-2013, 08:15 PM
It was obvious what was going to happen after we missed so many chances in the first 25 minutes.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-10-2013, 08:17 PM
For the past, what ? 30years, with a few exceptions, [Sauzee's years, McLeish era] Hearts could put out 11 traffic cones and as long as they had that turd-coloured strip on we would be unable to beat them. As for tonight's fiasco, we were far superior to them for first 25/30min and it appeared to only be a matter of time before we scored, and if we had, I am confident we would have scored quite a few, however......it is Hearts we were playing and all that goes out the windae. They scored with their first shot at goal and it was like my car getting a slow puncture as our performance became more and more deflated as the game wore on. As for Liam Craig ...ball at his feet, 12yds from goal near penalty spot and hit it like a big girl. To say I am gutted is an understatement. However, the only glimmer, and it is a very small consolation, is that they will be gubbed in the semi-final because lets face it, ALL the teams left in would want to be drawn against whoever won this game as they are/were the weakest left in the competition.

totally agree.
Hibs first XI would somehow struggle vs Hearts u17's. It's a mental thing. Definitely

hibees 7062
30-10-2013, 08:25 PM
That's as embarrassing as anything that's gone before. Beat by worst ever Hearts team.

Again :furious:

Coco Bryce
30-10-2013, 08:55 PM
We are utter utter garbage and tonights result comes asno great shock. Our club is rotten to the core. Everyone going on about the worst Hearts team ever. Lets not kid ourselves we are equally as bad.

Speedway
30-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Hearts were abysmal tonight and still too good for us.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-10-2013, 08:57 PM
I wasn't surprised by the slightest, hence why I never went tonight.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Had a feeling something like that would happen.

Coco Bryce
30-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Pat now on the radio. 'Cant fault the players for their commitment, thought we dominated the game' GTF out my club you clueless balloon.

1 shot on target in the 2nd half!!

Aldo
We are utter utter garbage and tonights result comes asno great shock. Our club is rotten to the core. Everyone going on about the worst Hearts team ever. Lets not kid ourselves we are equally as bad.

Gutted shocked - yes

Surprised- no

It's like the minute they scored that was it.

kdhibees1
I wasn't surprised by the slightest, hence why I never went tonight.
This, and for about 95% of Fenlon's time at Hibs. And I'm not ashamed to admit it!!

SkintHibby
30-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Not surprised in the slightest. Best comment on Hibs.net all day was about not being able to beat 11 maroon traffic cones. Sad but absolutely true.

joe breezy
30-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Not surprising but it's way beyond acceptable now

Cropley10
30-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Not surprised at all.

Onion
30-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Hearts were abysmal tonight and still too good for us.

:agree: They were garbage and played like a bunch of kids with 2 old codgers in support.... but still too good for the embarrassments in green jerseys.

30-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I predicted 1-0 hearts. Or 3-0 hibs.

If we had an effin striker the latter would have been correct, but, well, ....

Jim44
30-10-2013, 09:28 PM
For years now, I've expected us to be beaten by them in every game and rarely have my expectations been proved wrong. We just can't handle the pressure of a derby match. My fear for the remainder of the season is that the nine points we gift them are the ones which clinch their survival in the SPFL.

Billychaotic182
30-10-2013, 09:30 PM
When McDonald saved robertsons shot I had a feeling it was going to be this way

Albion Hibs
30-10-2013, 09:33 PM

Not surprised tbh. Saiid to a guy at my work we are two crap teams, we have only won two more games than they have this season, and scored two more goals. Said it would be 1 nil to either team.

Hibercelona
30-10-2013, 09:34 PM
When that final whistle went. I never said a word. I spent about 20 minutes walking back to the car, without saying a word.

Because I was speechless? Nope. But because I wasn't even shocked in the slightest. It just felt so standard, as if tonights events were always set in stone.

We often call THEM a laughing stock. But in the world of football, we'll be the biggest laughing stock tonight.

inglisavhibs
30-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Not surprised at all, any team that plays 4 slow central midfielders is not going to break down any decent defence. Add to that playing Stevenson at right back and you start to see the problems. We have no method of getting forward and never have had under Pat. His team (formation) in the Cup Final defeat to Hearts triggered huge doubts about Fenlon's ability to manage a football club. What's happened since has confirmed that doubt. He seems a decent bloke and people should not get personal in their attacks on him but the bottom line is that he does not have the ability to be a manager.

hhibs
30-10-2013, 09:47 PM
No winning spirit ,no will to win.

This is not the team,it is the entire club.

As has been said many times the club is rotten from the top down.Just how many shameful performances are we to take

.No desire,no confidence ,no spirt,no pride and just............................**** it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And..............breathe,for all his faults we have been the softest of touches since 2007 and the departure of JC.

Our Club has been turned into dead husk.:brickwall

cleanyman
30-10-2013, 10:54 PM
They beat us year on year

We can laugh at their current financial state but that's two games and two 1-0 defeats. We are without a doubt the easiest game of the season for them and we give them their yearly highlights.

Where did it all go wrong?

So disappointed again.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Hearts must wish they could play 38 derbies every season.

They would probably already be safe by now.

Jones28
30-10-2013, 10:56 PM
We did out bit as fans (again). It went wrong on the pitch, in board room and in the dug out.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm not surprised at all by what happened tonight.

It's just par for the course when it comes to Hibs and derbies.

Hope they go down for a few years and I can have a rest from them for a while.

Generally don't enjoy them at all.

Jones28
30-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Only surprise for me is that I was having a pish when they scored. I usually have to witness that kind of ***** first hand

The Voice Of Reason
30-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Surprised - no.

Disgusted - yes.

The manager and playing staff are a bunch of gutless, spineless losers. We pay their wages too..........disgraceful.

Cropley10
31-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Not surprised tbh. Saiid to a guy at my work we are two crap teams, we have only won two more games than they have this season, and scored two more goals. Said it would be 1 nil to either team.

The worst Hearts team in my lifetime but we've only scored TWO MORE League goals. And he's signed a boat load of players.

Enough is enough

It won't change.

He isn't getting another contract.

3pm
31-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Going back to the title of the thread, that's what is wrong.

The standards are so low that we are not surprised....and that's wrong.