PDA

View Full Version : Question Worst hibs number 9 ever? (Vine)

Scottie
30-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Take a boo son. ROWAN VINE. :grr:

Sorry to be so personal but can't remember a Hibs number 9 that was so bad.

Slow, uninterested and lacking in every department.

How our great club have fallen when a player so bad get's the number 9 shirt.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Take a boo son. ROWAN VINE. :grr:

Sorry to be so personal but can't remember a Hibs number 9 that was so bad.

Slow, uninterested and lacking in every department.

How our great club have fallen when a player so bad get's the number 9 shirt.

Youre about as late as he is ;)

Scottie
30-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Youre about as late as he is ;)

:greengrin :thumbsup:

staunchhibby
30-10-2013, 09:57 PM
He should be done under the trades description act.claiming to be a footballer

Waxy
30-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Hibs striker in recent years?

Vine? Collins? Kuqi?

How many goals have this lot scored at Easter road between them?

Any others that my memory refuses to let me remember?

East Coast Hibe
He should be done under the trades description act.claiming to be a footballer

He is awful. A light year away from what Griffiths offered last season

andy1875
This guy makes Hurtado look like a whizzkid.

He runs about the park like he's towing a caravan.

Totally gash.

Judas Iscariot
30-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Collins

Makes Kuqi look like Usain Bolt

****ing imposter

mca
30-10-2013, 10:02 PM
I Know it been Mentioned many Many Times.. But - Even the Wife Says he looks like an old-Man with That Face Fungus.. and he would maybe half a inch quicker with sleeker Facial Aerodynamics ... :agree:

keep the faith
30-10-2013, 10:03 PM
He offers more than Collins. Still not good enough mind.

Andy74
30-10-2013, 10:05 PM
I thought Vine played well tonight to be honest.

LaMotta
30-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Collins

****ing imposter

someone will come along in a minute and tell you you are watching the game with your eyes closed and that he just isnt getting the right service.....

the_ginger_hibee
Thought Collins was worse really.

Both were FC Honka Espoo however.

KeithTheHibby

You pished??? Have a word. He's ****ing gash.

Eyrie
30-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Surprised that he wasn't taken off when Caldwell came on. Vine achieved as little after that as he'd managed before, and that isn't good enough for Hibs.

Amit
30-10-2013, 10:11 PM

You should sign up for the Fringe next year...

eastterrace
30-10-2013, 10:11 PM

this is a wind up surely, he will never be a fitba player worse number 9 ever and ive seen a few .

3pm
30-10-2013, 10:13 PM

Really?

mcculloch1875
£200,000 grand for him is very worrying we'll be lucky to make anything back on him.

Johnny Clash
Uninterested, unfit and his lack of effort was appalling.

We need players who at least graft even when they are going through a bad spell.

Robertson wasn't too impressive when he first came here but he still grafted. Now he's one of our better players. He was the last player off the park tonight coz he wanted to signal to the support he was sorry.

I have no faith that Vine is even that bothered.

Dalianwanda
30-10-2013, 10:15 PM
I can't see how you thought he was uninterested? Pish yeah but he tried..

One Day
30-10-2013, 10:16 PM

this sums up everything that is wrong at hibs, I despair

Hiber-nation
30-10-2013, 10:17 PM

Please stop winding folk up. He was horrendous and Collins was worse. I know that they get no service from the flanks but both are as slow as a week in the jail and have the touch of an elephant.

eastterrace
yes i would agree he tried but he is just pure garbage will never ever be a fitba player worse no.9 ever for hibs.

Judas Iscariot
Vine was marginally better than Collins tonight but that isn't hard...

To think some of the "fans" at ER booed good Hibees like Colin Nish when he played for us!

I'd take the Nishy of 3-4 year ago back in a second in place of those 2 ****wits

Allant1981
£200,000 grand for him is very worrying we'll be lucky to make anything back on him.

Just as well we didnt pay that then

Albion Hibs
30-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I don't know who the worst is but I do think Nish, Riordan, o'connor, Doyle, agogo, and akpo would start ahead of both vine and Collins, that tells enough of a story as to the calibre of pat as a manager. We could still be playing and would not yet have scored, I genuinely believe that is true.

Allant1981
30-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Makes you wonder why he is so bad now but was half decent with st johnstone

WhileTheChief..
30-10-2013, 10:19 PM
You can't have watched many Hibs games if you think Vine is the worst striker we've ever had.

IberianHibernian
30-10-2013, 10:20 PM
What are folk expecting of Vine ? 20 goals a season ? He`s more of a midfielder than a striker and has probably scored more than our regular midfielders in their careers . Being realistic here , when you ( any Hibernian fan ) look at our current team we`d love to have better players in every position but reality is that attracting a Sauzee or Latapy or even a Claros ( we are really missing him ) is almost impossible so we`re stuck with players like Vine and hoping that some time there`ll be a good youngster . Vine ? Did well at St Johnstone and personally feel criticism of him here is not justified for a player who hasn`t started many games .

Holmesdale Hibs
30-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Kuqi was worse than Collins. Collins has already scored twice (in a worse team) FFS, no competition.

Hurtado was in a league of his own when it cam to ***** strikers.

500miles
30-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Hearts couldn't handle him. He just couldn't get it in the back of the net. Deserved a goal for his efforts.

Waxy
30-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Kuqi was worse than Collins. Collins has already scored twice (in a worse team) FFS, no competition.

Hurtado was in a league of his own when it cam to ***** strikers.Hurtado was one i must have blanked from memory.Must have been awful.The name rings a bell though, was his first name Nellie?

eastterrace
30-10-2013, 10:26 PM
You can't have watched many Hibs games if you think Vine is the worst striker we've ever had.

never said worst striker ever i said worst number 9, and ive watched loads of hibs games over my 50 years supporting them

DAVE1875
30-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Jonatan Johansson

Valdas Trakys

eastterrace
30-10-2013, 10:27 PM
What are folk expecting of Vine ? 20 goals a season ? He`s more of a midfielder than a striker and has probably scored more than our regular midfielders in their careers . Being realistic here , when you ( any Hibernian fan ) look at our current team we`d love to have better players in every position but reality is that attracting a Sauzee or Latapy or even a Claros ( we are really missing him ) is almost impossible so we`re stuck with players like Vine and hoping that some time there`ll be a good youngster . Vine ? Did well at St Johnstone and personally feel criticism of him here is not justified for a player who hasn`t started many games .

say what you like but he is still pish

Cropley10

What do you think he did well? Holding the ball up? Winning headers? Linking play? Getting his shots away?

Hiber-nation
Hearts couldn't handle him. He just couldn't get it in the back of the net. Deserved a goal for his efforts.

I've seen some hilarious posts on here but that tops the lot.

Hibercelona
30-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Out of the last severals years, we've perhaps signed 3 or 4 actual proper strikers out of about 50.

Dalianwanda
30-10-2013, 10:34 PM

Bourne_Hibs
30-10-2013, 10:34 PM
A bargain basement signing, probably made in a panic before the Malmo game as the Griffiths tug of war was being played out with Wolves and it was discovered they would not budge. Vine's signing would have been made even worse if Heffernan had not been signed and it was Collins and Vine every week. Looks miles away from the player that scored 2 against us last season. Looks overweight and some of his attempts of controlling the ball tonight were a laughable.

EastCalderHibby
30-10-2013, 10:40 PM

you must be joking he is the new (white ) nade UTTER PISH

Sir David Gray
30-10-2013, 11:48 PM
I don't like booing individuals during a game because it's not Vine's fault he isn't good enough and he never asked to be signed but he really should be nowhere near the first team.

Simply not acceptable.

hibee_girl
30-10-2013, 11:51 PM

:agree: in the first half

Also thought he was better than Collins tonight

leithsansiro
30-10-2013, 11:51 PM

I feel slightly odd at having admired him at St J...

SteveHFC
30-10-2013, 11:57 PM

:faf:

Malthibby
31-10-2013, 12:04 AM

You have to be kidding. He started badly and got worse & worse. He is meant to be a striker & looks like he could play until Xmas witohut scoring.
I actually thought it was cruelty on Fenlon's part to leave him on the pitch or the entire game.
Either that or he's Pat's love child.
I have said elsewhere that Fenlon has no Plan B, & one in which Vine is the answer suggests the question belongs in the halloween hamper.

green.and.white
31-10-2013, 12:11 AM

Purple patch. We are his 800th club for a reason - he is beyond dreadful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Vine

R'Albin
31-10-2013, 12:13 AM

I wouldn't say he played 'well' tonight, but I don't think he was as bad as the people on here are making him out to have been. I've been really disappointed by Vine since he's joined us, but, if I were to choose anyone, he certainly wouldn't be the one I'd be picking out for having a particularly terrible performance tonight.

Thecat23
31-10-2013, 12:16 AM

Andy please say you're joking? This isn't funny if you are. If not you need help ASAP!

ForeverHibs93
31-10-2013, 12:26 AM
You must be having a bubble? I expect someone who actually looks like a football player, he looks like he's carrying his shopping when he tries to run, that touch in the second half of both shins, christ me and my dad just about fell off our chairs laughing. THAT is not a professional footballer, the boy is gash. Worst Striker I've seen, give me Konte any day of the week.

Hurtado was in a league of his own when it cam to ***** strikers.
Interestingly that new league Hurtado made? Vine made another one, under it!!

That is a good one but I'm not gonna bite:wink:

ScottB
31-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Him falling over near the end instead of hitting a shot was pretty embarrassing

Boyle89
31-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Vine was gash tonight and i've yet to see him put in a performance which will suggest he will be a worthwhile signing. However, tonight, Collins was worse than Vine and that goes some way to explaining why we didnt score.

SouthamptonHibs
31-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Vine is shocking and a terrible footballer. I said that at the malmo game away and people said give him a chance, well another 11 or so games have passed since then and he has got worse imo, worst Hibs centre forward / number 9 ever, must never be allowed to play for us again

givescotlandfreedom
31-10-2013, 04:25 AM
Looked like a bloke out the pub sadly. Heff would've killed them.

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 04:29 AM

And Fenlons a fantastic manager. :agree:

GavinHarris 10
31-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Genuinely terrible and his performances deserve mention! #BringBackNishy

Hibernia Na Eir
31-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Collins

****ing imposter

Aston Villa youth product and probably still the level he is at.

Cropley10
31-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Looked like a bloke out the pub sadly. Heff would've killed them.

It's actually quite sad. I watched him a lot, when our midfield are in possession he was often standing behind a Hearts player, there was no line of sight for a pass. He stuck his arm up a lot wanting the diagonal ball but his attempts to control it or head were much like a man out of the pub.

In the second half he was on the edge of their box at a throw, he got past his man and without lifting his head just booted it into the box.

As I say sad that we have him wearing the number 9. A young man more interested in his appearance than his profession by the looks of it.

31-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Vine and Collins are ****ing atrocious! We could have played till midnight last night and those clowns still wouldn't have scored!

Thank **** we hav Heffernan

Jonny1875
31-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Him falling over near the end instead of hitting a shot was pretty embarrassing

Honestly sums him up so far this season.

Heisenberg
31-10-2013, 08:36 AM
He's guff. I'm not sure I've seen him connect properly with a shot since he signed.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Does he wear his boots on the wrong feet, does he even ****in' wear any, absolute ****in' dumplin'