View Full Version : Player ratings...

3pm
30-10-2013, 08:11 PM
0's all round.

Disgrace to the jersey.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-10-2013, 08:12 PM
0's all round.

Disgrace to the jersey.Easy, *****e all round.

PeterboroHibee
30-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I thought Stevenson and Robertson were okay (probably wont have much support in that though).

I agree the rest were atrocious though - the strikers and McPake deserve negative ratings!

hibee_girl
30-10-2013, 08:14 PM
I thought Stevenson and Robertson were okay (probably wont have much support in that though).

I agree the rest were atrocious though - the strikers and McPake deserve negative ratings!

I'd add Thomson to that too although some of his passing was a bit off at times.

Latapy1911
30-10-2013, 08:15 PM
I thought McGivern was good, rest were *****

Vault Boy
30-10-2013, 08:18 PM

Yup, Taiwo and Thomson both did their tidy jobs quite well but neither have what we are missing. Strikers were non existent and I'd probably add Craig to the negative marks list too. Atrocious approach play in the second half.

Scooter
30-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I thought hanlon mcgivern. We decent I also so thought 2 mistakes aside I though make had a good game

Piqué
30-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Stevenson did ok for being played out of position. So frustrating to watch when he is played at right back, we often broke down the right but he has to cut back as he has no right foot. Shame for him there is not an opening at left back.

Mixu62
30-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I'd add Thomson to that too although some of his passing was a bit off at times.

Sorry mate I can't agree. I just think he's a player we should expect a lot more from. Too many silly fouls that gave possession straight back to them when we were looking to press. But then I am rather angry at all of them right now. Thought Robertson was the only one to get pass marks, was more direct and won his battles,

loanheadhibby
30-10-2013, 08:20 PM
0s all round apart from James mistake -5 for that loser

HIBEETILLIDIE
30-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Stevenson and Robertson only ones to get pass marks, although Williams did nothing wrong, rest would not miss any of them if they left tomorrow, including Fenlon and Petrie!

QMU-1875
30-10-2013, 08:22 PM
The players have let Fenlon down. The chances we missed today were atrocious, should of been out of sight by 20 minutes.

neil7908
30-10-2013, 08:22 PM

Robertson was one of the few in a Hibs shirt that gains pass marks for me. He fought for every ball and was involved in pretty much all the chances we created in the game (cross for Hanlons header that hit the post, played a nice one-two with Collins when he shot and forced MacDonald into a save and hit the shot that McDonald pushed on to the bar).

The defence had absolutely nothing to do so I suppose they cant be faulted defensively with the exception of McPake for a stupid, stupid tackle. However we really need some attacking threat from our full backs. They offer virtually nothing going forward and with no natural wingers the team is embarrassingly narrow. Lewis gets some sympathy in my books for being a left footed midfielder playing as a right back but he is only ever going to be decent in that position, he'll never have the ability playing their to push the team on.

hibsbollah
30-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Hanlon and Williams pass marks. The rest? Im speechless.

Onceinawhile
30-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Scott robertson for the first half an hour was playing well. Then fell out of it a bit.

I thought lewis played ok. But he's now been playing right back for a few months, how can he not use his right foot yet? It makes it obvious that he's going to cut inside. Really riles me up.

Vine held it up well to start with but with the ball at his feet he was 'king terrible.

James mcpake can get to ****, sold the goal and tried to injure someone so he could get off the park. Hope to never see him in green and white again.

OsloHibs
30-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Collins and Vine. Words fail me.

PeterboroHibee
30-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Stevenson did ok for being played out of position. So frustrating to watch when he is played at right back, we often broke down the right but he has to cut back as he has no right foot. Shame for him there is not an opening at left back.

That is the frustrating thing about him at RB, it would be fine if we was two footed but he clearly isnt comfortable with his right. I think he shows slightly more composure than a lot of our players though, rather than just hoof it long he does at least try and pick out a pass.

Hibstrooper
30-10-2013, 08:28 PM
The players have let Fenlon down. The chances we missed today were atrocious, should of been out of sight by 20 minutes.

Fenlon then let the players down by not providing them any direction or tactical support and just let them struggle on pumping the ball forward devoid of ideas

davieh
robertson was outstanding, start to finish. everyone else, mediocre or boggin'. specially disappointed in 'senior' players who should have taken this game . and that bunch of jambo kids . by the scruff of the neck.

neil7908
Sorry mate I can't agree. I just think he's a player we should expect a lot more from. Too many silly fouls that gave possession straight back to them when we were looking to press. But then I am rather angry at all of them right now. Thought Robertson was the only one to get pass marks, was more direct and won his battles,

Your spot on about Thomson, he's done well for us this season in patches but in games where we should push forward and take the game to the opposition he gives very little going forward. Doesn't create a lot and sits in front on the back 4 very venturing within 30 yards of the opposition goal. Thats great against Celtic when we know we're not going to see a lot of the ball but tonight we need a midfield that can get forward, support the strikers and create/score goals. Thomson and Taiwo just dont have that. Both good players but never a midfield pairing in a game we are looking to dominate and win comfortably.

I'd love to actually see us start again with a midfield set up to really go at the opposition. Something like Zoubir, Robertson, Craig and Stanton/Cairney.

J-C
30-10-2013, 08:30 PM

Are you Andy74 ????

SunshineOnLeith
Robertson deserves a better team than us. I think he's the only one of them that actually feels embarrassed tonight, and he was by a distance the best footballer on show tonight.

Aldo
If we're being honest then Robertsons team mates let him down.

Craig and Collins we're very poor this evening and Vine not far behind.

McPake omg this guy is club capt and should lead by example woeful 2nd half.

Why was Craig not replaced instead of TT who had his best game in months.

New man required now.

loanheadhibby
30-10-2013, 08:32 PM

Crap, rank, hopeless, brutal, garbage, useless, pee, honking?

any of the above

Smiggy 7-0
30-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Pass marks (only just) to Stevenson & Robertson.........we are far too slow in build up play then lump it forward or poor passing lets us down. Pat's style, take it with you and F*** Off.

Bobo
30-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Stevenson tries but has nothing to offer as a starting player, his distribution is woeful, positioning, speed, tackling all below standard. Fenlon being the arse that he is persists in using Stevenson as he fits perfectly in to his negative game plan.

Fenlon really pushes Calderwood as the worst Hibs manager that I've seen in my lifetime and that goes a long way considering huddies like Mixu & Hughes were given the post before them!

GavinHarris 10
30-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Williams - 7 did nothing wrong that I can remember! Good goal scored against him!
Stevenson - 7 tried to play football! No doubt people will moan about him but he kept on going and was 1 of few who played for Jersey. Played a lot of short passes! Couldn't help that he was on right
Mcpake - 2 made 4 good slide tackles in the first half! Their goal? Terrible from an 'experienced player'. That tackle absolutely shocking. Had a stinker
Hanlon - 5 thought he did ok! Nearly scored twice! Not a stand out.
Mcgivern - 5 same as Hanlon! Quite a number of diagonal passes! Many unsuccessful! Never had a good game.

Craig - 3 that shot (pass back to keeper) was truly terrible! Never got into the game! Not much to say but a very uninspiring performance!
Taino - 5 tried to get the ball down and play football. Switched the ball a lot in first half! Was bypassed in the second by hoofball tactics we adopted.
Thompson - 5 another who played for Jersey. Wasn't a good game for him, started well with some nice passes and hard tackles but slowly disappeared as the game became punt and run.
Robertson - 4.5 IMO he played ok at best! First half looked bright but second half can't say he stood out for me! Linked up with tawio well iirc

Vine - 1 are words needed? Horrible first touch! Horrible shooting, couldn't tackle or go near someone without fouling, couldn't stay on his feet (always on his arse), that heard has to go, it's vile
Collins - 2 felt like asking pat if he would put me on instead of him at one point! Made some good moves in the first half! But beaten in the air and on the deck in the second, good pass for Craig's pass back but again uninspiring!

Subs:
Zoubir - 1 not enough time and hardly saw the ball! What he did with it wasn't great either
Caldwell - 4 tried hard! Never got many opportunities but should get more time in team after tonight's performance from the attackers

Fenlon - 4 played 442 as everyone has wanted! Played our strongest team - heff! I don't think he's the problem! He may be part but, why have the past 4 managers failed tragically? There are deep rooted problems at hibs which need to be sorted out!
(Sorry it's a bit long but felt like I had to give my opinion)

Hainan Hibs
30-10-2013, 08:41 PM
How you can give Katie more points than Robertson is beyond me.

LaMotta
30-10-2013, 08:45 PM
How you can give Katie more points than Robertson is beyond me.

:agree: Thomson was ganting tonight - gave the ball away, slowed the game down constantly and a stupid booking.

Aldo
30-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Williams - 7 did nothing wrong that I can remember! Good goal scored against him! Stevenson - 7 tried to play football! No doubt people will moan about him but he kept on going and was 1 of few who played for Jersey. Played a lot of short passes! Couldn't help that he was on right Mcpake - 2 made 4 good slide tackles in the first half! Their goal? Terrible from an 'experienced player'. That tackle absolutely shocking. Had a stinker Hanlon - 5 thought he did ok! Nearly scored twice! Not a stand out. Mcgivern - 5 same as Hanlon! Quite a number of diagonal passes! Many unsuccessful! Never had a good game. Craig - 3 that shot (pass back to keeper) was truly terrible! Never got into the game! Not much to say but a very uninspiring performance! Taino - 5 tried to get the ball down and play football. Switched the ball a lot in first half! Was bypassed in the second by hoofball tactics we adopted. Thompson - 5 another who played for Jersey. Wasn't a good game for him, started well with some nice passes and hard tackles but slowly disappeared as the game became punt and run. Robertson - 4.5 IMO he played ok at best! First half looked bright but second half can't say he stood out for me! Linked up with tawio well iirc Vine - 1 are words needed? Horrible first touch! Horrible shooting, couldn't tackle or go near someone without fouling, couldn't stay on his feet (always on his arse), that heard has to go, it's vile Collins - 2 felt like asking pat if he would put me on instead of him at one point! Made some good moves in the first half! But beaten in the air and on the deck in the second, good pass for Craig's pass back but again uninspiring! Subs: Zoubir - 1 not enough time and hardly saw the ball! What he did with it wasn't great either Caldwell - 4 tried hard! Never got many opportunities but should get more time in team after tonight's performance from the attackers Fenlon - 4 played 442 as everyone has wanted! Played our strongest team - heff! I don't think he's the problem! He may be part but, why have the past 4 managers failed tragically? There are deep rooted problems at hibs which need to be sorted out! (Sorry it's a bit long but felt like I had to give my opinion)

Sorry but anything good that we did as a team came from Robertson.

To give any player more than him and you've been watching the wrong game.

mcculloch1875
30-10-2013, 08:57 PM
KT was one of the worst players on the field tonight, complete inability to pass the ball forward.

GavinHarris 10
30-10-2013, 08:59 PM

Linked up well with tawio but fell out of the game second half due to ball being punted! Not his fault ball was being launched over the top! Can't give him a great rating if he didn't stand out to me

Pete
30-10-2013, 09:02 PM
KT was one of the worst players on the field tonight, complete inability to pass the ball forward.

Pass the ball forward to who?

All his mates were marked because a jersey was wasted on another bloody defensive midfielder.

Individual performances are irrelevant. I'm sorry Pat, you've tried to take us forward but you can't. Time to go.

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Linked up well with tawio but fell out of the game second half due to ball being punted! Not his fault ball was being launched over the top! Can't give him a great rating if he didn't stand out to me

Your opinion right. His first half performance was outstanding

GavinHarris 10
30-10-2013, 09:03 PM

Better to pass it forward to vine and Collins who couldn't kick themselves tonight than giving it back and keeping possession! I don't remember KT being a forward passer!

GavinHarris 10
30-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Your opinion right. His first half performance was outstanding

Don't know if I'm being incredibly dim or what but do you mean my opinion is right or like your drawing attention to it?

The Harp Awakes
30-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Hanlon, McGivern and particularly Robertson were decent. Williams had nowt to do. Stevenson put in his usual shift but the rest were poor. Vine and Collins were totally honking and must be the slowest forwards in the SPFL.

500miles
30-10-2013, 09:08 PM
What utter bollocks. We should have hammered them tonight, and if there was any confidence in Vine or Collins, we would have.

Unlucky tonight, but that's it. If our finishing matched our general play, we could have ended up with double figures.

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Stevenson tries but has nothing to offer as a starting player, his distribution is woeful, positioning, speed, tackling all below standard. Fenlon being the arse that he is persists in using Stevenson as he fits perfectly in to his negative game plan.

Fenlon really pushes Calderwood as the worst Hibs manager that I've seen in my lifetime and that goes a long way considering huddies like Mixu & Hughes were given the post before them!

Sorry Bobo but that comes across as pre-conceived BS IMO. Lewis was the best of a bad bunch tonight but I realise that doesn't fit in with your negative view

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Don't know if I'm being incredibly dim or what but do you mean my opinion is right or like your drawing attention to it?
Your opinion of players ratings and you gave others more than SR.

Who in my eyes was our best player (by a mile)

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:11 PM
:agree: Thomson was ganting tonight - gave the ball away, slowed the game down constantly and a stupid booking.

Tin hat on here. KT does that in most games. He slows the pace of an already pedestrian side and creates little or nothing. As an example tonight, on several occasions he knocked short free kicks to Craig or Taiwo, took the return pass and played the ball back to one of the back four.

Onion

a comedy duo, but no one's laughing

GavinHarris 10
Sorry Bobo but that comes across as pre-conceived BS IMO. Lewis was the best of a bad bunch tonight but I realise that doesn't fit in with your negative view

Couldn't agree more! Lewis tries his all for hibs! I'd rather have a team full of players who play for the jersey every week than have a team full of wasters like we did with CC or fenlons first season!

Pete
What utter bollocks. We should have hammered them tonight, and if there was any confidence in Vine or Collins, we would have.

Unlucky tonight, but that's it. If our finishing matched our general play, we could have ended up with double figures.

We done nothing in the second half when it mattered. Nothing.

500miles
30-10-2013, 09:17 PM
We done nothing in the second half when it mattered. Nothing.

That's nonsense. We refused to shoot at times in the second half. Hearts were full of last ditch clearances and scrambles in the second half, saved by awkward bounces of the ball etc., but we still missed some great chances. Liam Craig won't sleep well tonight, that's for sure.

It's a shame that Heffernan wasn't available. Would have had a hattrick tonight without breaking a sweat.

GavinHarris 10
30-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Your opinion of players ratings and you gave others more than SR.

Who in my eyes was our best player (by a mile)

Well that's your opinion and while I disagree with it slightly I still respect it. I must have been watching a different match to you! I agree that he played very nice football for first 25-30 minutes! Linking up with tawio well iirc! But in my eyes the punt and run tactic we were using forced him out of the game

QMU-1875
30-10-2013, 09:20 PM
What a load of crap is being posted here. Hibs dominated that game today. We should of hammered them. The finishing has let us down nothing else!

Bobo
30-10-2013, 09:23 PM

John, he may have been the best of a bad bunch but it's no claim to fame. I don't fault him for effort, never have but it's patently clear that he can't pass and is found wanting too often.

Maybe unfortunate for him he's viewed as a Jack of all trades but he's certainly a master of none. Never a starting player for me.... opinions eh.

easty
30-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Collins was so bad tonight. Nobody seems to know exactly what we paid for him, what is sure, is that it was too ****ing much! His movement tonight was horrendous, and I don't just mean for a pro footballer, those women taking the pens at half time moved about the pitch better!

Woody70x2
30-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Williams - had nothing to do other than pick the ball out the net
McPake - shocking tackle for sending off
McGivern, Thomson, Robertson - played well
Craig - what a miss (but exactly the type of player we need - always busy and looking for the ball)
Collins - looked like he was pulling a truck
Vine - have a shave

Nothing much to report on the rest.

Davy Mac
30-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Williams - 6 Worried he'll not sign a new contract under Pat 'nae plan' Fenlon

Stevenson - 6 Tried to play football, some neat passes but so terrified so push beyond the midfielder, tactically scared
Mcpake - 3 The good, the bad and the ugly - leader, friggin sold the jersey tonight
Hanlon - 6 Good header, comfortable all night and never really threatened from the manky mob
Mcgivern - 4 Could be such a good player, but lacks concentration

Craig - 2 How can a player with his talent be so honking tonight, thinks he's billy big time
Taiwo - 6 Got subbed when I thought he one of our better performers, want a lot of ball and spread the play a bit
Thomson - 5 Great player but let him emotions get to him rather than dictate the game, he's better than that
Robertson - 7 Best performer tonight, didn't deserve to be on losing side, seem to care and might benefit from being our new captain

Vine - 2 It's a sad day when our number 9 shirt has been given to this pathetic excuse of a forward
Collins - 2 Looked awful, body language suggests he is struggling, also looks unfit to me

Subs:

Zoubir - 1 How can he play football with a manager whom has no clue how to play him
Caldwell - 1 Not the best game to come back into action

Fenlon - 2 Ta, ta Pat, your negativity is killing this club, the first 30 minutes was a surprise to be honest but the next hour just convinced me you are a one tricky pony and your pish at that - do one and don't let the door bang your arse on the way out. Don't deserve the fans backing.

LaMotta
30-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Tin hat on here. KT does that in most games. He slows the pace of an already pedestrian side and creates little or nothing. As an example tonight, on several occasions he knocked short free kicks to Craig or Taiwo, took the return pass and played the ball back to one of the back four.

Totally agree Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:36 PM
John, he may have been the best of a bad bunch but it's no claim to fame. I don't fault him for effort, never have but it's patently clear that he can't pass and is found wanting too often.

Maybe unfortunate for him he's viewed as a Jack of all trades but he's certainly a master of none. Never a starting player for me.... opinions eh.

Indeed :wink:

Incidentally, best pass of the night came from Lewis when he steered the ball past a Hearts defender with a wee reverse pass to set Collins free in the box :wink:

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:38 PM
What a load of crap is being posted here. Hibs dominated that game today. We should of hammered them. The finishing has let us down nothing else!

No we didn't. We dominated for thirty minutes. After they scored we may have had a lot of the ball but how many saves did McDonald have to make. We went sideways and backwards after they scored. You might call that domination but I don't

LaMotta
30-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Collins was so bad tonight. Nobody seems to know exactly what we paid for him, what is sure, is that it was too ****ing much! His movement tonight was horrendous, and I don't just mean for a pro footballer, those women taking the pens at half time moved about the pitch better!

He's been like that since the start - not good enough at this level, constantly caught on the ball, running into trouble. He may have scored up at McDiarmid park but he his performance that day was horrific as well.

I keep reading on here that he is brilliant as well - I have no idea what anyone is seeing in him :bitchy:

Davy Mac
30-10-2013, 09:40 PM

Incidentally, best pass of the night came from Lewis when he steered the ball past a Hearts defender with a wee reverse pass to set Collins free in the box :wink:

Exactly what midfielders should be doing! smiley wink

LaMotta
30-10-2013, 09:40 PM
a comedy duo, but no one's laughing

:top marks

GreenCastle
30-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Said it since the start of the season - Thompson slows play down - he can't play alongside Craig - it affects Craig.

He sits in too deep and does the job the CH should be doing with the ball.

Play is predictable and slow - no movement.

Vine and Collins were poor again - not sure how Collins went off before Vine though?!

McPake - finished - usually makes a mistake and ends up covering for his own error through a slide tackle or stupid diving header. Basically shouldn't have made the mistake in the 1st place.

ZERO CREATIVITY from midfield OR A NATURAL FINISHER (possibly Heff but we got him by luck).

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Well that's your opinion and while I disagree with it slightly I still respect it. I must have been watching a different match to you! I agree that he played very nice football for first 25-30 minutes! Linking up with tawio well iirc! But in my eyes the punt and run tactic we were using forced him out of the game

GH I respect yours but sorry no other player in that team this evening did more than Robertson.

Agree re punt and run to an extent but that's what McPake brought to team. Every time he got it he punted it.

I still stand by what I say re Robertson being our best player

Bobo

Sure he never meant it, probably just trying to change feet at the time :wink:

Seriously though, if we had 11 players with Stevenson's application we'd be half way there but not with his ability.

cmcd
Would you rather he passed the ball forward or punted it up to the 2 forwards who couldnt control their water

leithsansiro
30-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Watching the game tonight as Hibs were chasing a goal with 10 minutes left, my 6 year old son casually enquired "Which way are Hibs shooting? Why are they going back all the time?" Obviously, i felt obliged to try to justify that perhaps they were trying to build an attack and move the ball around until a key pass could be made. One of the defenders then duly obliged with a pass back to Williams who punted it up to pitch. Without a hint of irony, my son then asked "Is that what you meant?"

:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Sure he never meant it, probably just trying to change feet at the time :wink:

Seriously though, if we had 11 players with Stevenson's application we'd be half way there but not with his ability.

Can't argue with that Bobo. Lewis is no world beater but I'd take eleven showing his commitment right now.

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Would you rather he passed the ball forward or punted it up to the 2 forwards who couldnt control their water

No, I'd rather he moved forward himself before passing it to a team mate. Defend him all you like but as long as he's the lynchpin of our midfield we'll create little and retreat a lot

Lang Toun hibby
30-10-2013, 09:58 PM

Thomson very poor thinks he is a better player than he is, one footed and slows the game down every time. Poor against Aberdeen as well. However those two up front are the worst combination I have ever seen in many years of watching Hibs. However I think the problems stem from the back, McGivern has not recovered from injury, Stevenson not a right back, McPake lasts 60 mins and slide tackles due to poor positioning and fitness, Hanlon is not my cup of tea, easily brushed aside and couldn't pass water.

lucky
30-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Stevenson , Williams and Robertson get pass marks. Craig , Mcgirven , Tawio and Hanlon tried but nit their night. Thompson needs to speed up or ship out.
Zoubir, Collins , Vine and Caldwell are clearly not good enough.

As for PF bye bye

TrinityHibs
30-10-2013, 10:17 PM

Have to agree JB. Lewis is played put of position but consistently puts in a shift. He was one of few who got any plaudits tonight.