HIBEETILLIDIE
30-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Pack your bags and **** off now!

LewisHFC
30-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Thomson?

Onceinawhile
30-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Thomson? Seems unfair. Thought he did alright.
also pjironhibee, any chance you're furious, embarrassed, enough, end of???

HIBEETILLIDIE
30-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Thomson?

Aye ****ing Thomson, he is useless, too slow, slows the game down, breaks up promising moves and never goes forward thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer, he is more like Fran & Anna-USELESS!!!!

Allant1981
30-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Thomson was probably our best player, thought he played ok

keep the faith
30-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Thomson??? Behave.

Hainan Hibs
30-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Always think my TV has a slow motion option when Katie is on the ball.

joe breezy
30-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Thomson's not in my top 4 of people that need to go but I agree with the overall sentiment

Del Boy
30-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Thomson is ordinary. Stands out cos rest of team is crap.

HIBEETILLIDIE
30-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Thomson was probably our best player, thought he played ok

Please tell me you are joking! Tell me one positive pass forward he made all night?

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-10-2013, 08:19 PM
And not McPake or Hanlon?

:confused:

easterhib
30-10-2013, 08:20 PM
..vine , collins , fenlon. bin.

IberianHibernian
30-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Good to see some players` names mentioned and I would certainly mention Thomson first . He`s one of the players who`s supposed to be making us better than the rest of the league except for Celtic and I haven`t seen it yet either in play or in influence on younger or new players . Thought it was a huge mistake to sign him last season and not convinced he was a good signing this season . Anyway , don`t like singling out players and time to move on to league games which are more important .

QMU-1875
30-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Vine? Thought he played better than most today! Smacks of jumping on the I hate vine bandwagon!

cmcd
30-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Aye ****ing Thomson, he is useless, too slow, slows the game down, breaks up promising moves and never goes forward thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer, he is more like Fran & Anna-USELESS!!!!
Which just goes to show what you know about football You can have an opinion but your comments are nonsense

Allant1981
30-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Please tell me you are joking! Tell me one positive pass forward he made all night?

No im not joking, if you think that getting rid of thomson is going to improve our team then you need a serious think to yourself, the guy is probably the best player at our club and one of the best midfielders in the country

Aldo
30-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Pack your bags and **** off now!

****ing really. Craig was up there with Collins and Vine so don't know what game you were watching

Allant1981
30-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Good to see some players` names mentioned and I would certainly mention Thomson first . He`s one of the players who`s supposed to be making us better than the rest of the league except for Celtic and I haven`t seen it yet either in play or in influence on younger or new players . Thought it was a huge mistake to sign him last season and not convinced he was a good signing this season . Anyway , don`t like singling out players and time to move on to league games which are more important .

Im guessing you havent watched many games then as he has had some really good games this year

Greenblood70
30-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I honestly wouldn't give a flying **** if I never saw any of that hibs squad again. They've been collectively responsible for some absolute humiliations.

cmcd
30-10-2013, 08:38 PM
No im not joking, if you think that getting rid of thomson is going to improve our team then you need a serious think to yourself, the guy is probably the best player at our club and one of the best midfielders in the country
KT did not have one of his better games tonight but is far ahead of any other midfielder we have at the moment What i dont understand is supporters booing the team for trying to keep the ball Pumping the ball into the air is no use with the forward players we have

CallumLaidlaw
30-10-2013, 08:42 PM
In my group, I'm not alone in thinking, Thomson constantly slows the game down. We will never ever ever catch a team on the break while it goes through Kevin Thomson

mcculloch1875
30-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Thomson had one of the worst games i've ever seen him play tonight, seemed to only be able to pass the ball backwards.

Hainan Hibs
30-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I honestly wouldn't give a flying **** if I never saw any of that hibs squad again. They've been collectively responsible for some absolute humiliations.

:agree:Not one of them deserves the jersey.

Beefster
30-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Vine? Thought he played better than most today! Smacks of jumping on the I hate vine bandwagon!

Vine was woeful. Slow, unfit and makes Caldwell look like he's Messi.

SunshineOnLeith
30-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Don't think Thompson deserves the title billing he's been given on this thread, but his performance tonight was pathetic.

He started well, and was really bossing things until they scored. After the goal, he was hiding, complete coward.

broon hut
30-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Vine is not cut out for football. He tries but he is embarrassing to watch, I despair! Time for a beer

cmcd
30-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Don't think Thompson deserves the title billing he's been given on this thread, but his performance tonight was pathetic.

He started well, and was really bossing things until they scored. After the goal, he was hiding, complete coward.
Complete and utter nonsense HIDING COWARD There may be some cowards who also hide but he is not one of them

Alfred E Newman
30-10-2013, 09:16 PM

Agree 100%

TornadoHibby
30-10-2013, 09:20 PM

You need to get straight to Soecsavers and get your spectacle prescription updated immediately!!

Vine is possible the worst CF that has ever played for Hibs and his "performance" tonight merely enhanced that assessment IMO!!

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:22 PM

It'd be easy to jump on if Vine was driving it :wink:

Paul Tosh
Jim Blair
Ally Scott

I could go on. They were all rank but Vine takes being rank to a new level

Joe
30-10-2013, 09:23 PM
James Collins is a poor man's Colin Nish, he is simply murder!

Billychaotic182
30-10-2013, 09:26 PM
**** off mate Thompson is our best player

Cropley10
30-10-2013, 09:35 PM
These big crowds have been scaring the players.

Lang Toun hibby
30-10-2013, 09:43 PM
These big crowds have been scaring the players.

Poor formation accommodating McGivern at left back (he was poor) and Stevenson always has to put on left peg and is eventually caught out. Hanlon and McPake will never make a good combination. Midfield Thomson had a poor game as against Aberdeen. Robertson faded and the front two are never forwards! Excellent crowd considering the poor fayre.

lucky
30-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Thompson slows the game down but to put in the same bracket as Vine, Zoubir, McPake and Collins is harsh

Jonnyboy
30-10-2013, 09:50 PM

We don't have anyone called Thompson. If you mean KT, even you as a fan of his must admit he was poor against the Dons and poor again tonight?

SunshineOnLeith
30-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Complete and utter nonsense HIDING COWARD There may be some cowards who also hide but he is not one of them

Until they scored he was bossing the game, after they scored he didn't contribute anything than a few classic "make it look like I'm trying really hard" fouls.

Coward.

Brightside
30-10-2013, 09:53 PM
McGivern played the whole game as a left winger without actually moving away from the side line. Vine is just a shocking footballer, and the fact that Fenlon picked him instead of a FULLY FIT Handling is enough of a reason for Fenlon to be launched.

KingFranck
30-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Agree Thomson had his worst game for us but did anyone notice he did twice as much work as Tom T tonight?

Spike Mandela
30-10-2013, 09:54 PM

You just like men with beards.

Brightside
30-10-2013, 09:55 PM
And not McPake or Hanlon?

:confused:

I'll bite. What did Hanlon do wrong?

Shore Thing
30-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Vine: remove the beard - hey presto, it's Colin Nish!

Hiber-nation
30-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Agree Thomson had his worst game for us but did anyone notice he did twice as much work as Tom T tonight?

Yep, he was a mile better than Taiwo but still could have done much much more.

AlbertK86
30-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Eh pinged the same diagonal ball into touch far too many times !!

Hesitant as ever

CB_NO3
30-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Thomson was the worst player on the park tonight. Not one positive. Complete change from the Celtic game.

Brightside
30-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Eh pinged the same diagonal ball into touch far too many times !!

Hesitant as ever

Bollix - that happened once. He completed about 8 of those long passes. Stayed on his feet the whole game and was enver beaten to a ball.. PLayed the ball out of defence and showed great composure time and time again.

IberianHibernian
McGivern played the whole game as a left winger without actually moving away from the side line. Vine is just a shocking footballer, and the fact that Fenlon picked him instead of a FULLY FIT Handling is enough of a reason for Fenlon to be launched.If you say Handling was fully fit I suppose you know him well ( or are the club doctor or you are Danny ) and you have also seen enough from Danny`s play to suggest he`s ready to make a massive difference in our results and performances when fit . So far I`ve seen nothing from Danny to suggest he deserves to be in starting 11 against any team in league or cup but I`sure fans here especially ones who have watched Under 20 games in last few years will be able to say if they think Danny deserves a place in Hibernian`s first team .

Itsnoteasy

Don't see anyone disagreeing with this post. Totally agree. If he disnae resign it is criminal. Bring back big Eck for me

Brightside
30-10-2013, 10:12 PM
If you say Handling was fully fit I suppose you know him well ( or are the club doctor or you are Danny ) and you have also seen enough from Danny`s play to suggest he`s ready to make a massive difference in our results and performances when fit . So far I`ve seen nothing from Danny to suggest he deserves to be in starting 11 against any team in league or cup but I`sure fans here especially ones who have watched Under 20 games in last few years will be able to say if they think Danny deserves a place in Hibernian`s first team .

He was fit and ready to play. Vine was picked. Ive seen nothing to suggest that Vine is even close to being fit.

CropleyisGod
30-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Not sure which suicidal thread to post on...the title of this one covers most of the bases so here goes.

For 25 mins we battered them and they fluked their way through. We lost a goal out of the blue that no-one could have foreseen. From then on we were sterile and largely incompetent.

Whether Pat is slowly pulling us up or a total imposter the bottom line is, apart from odd flashes, we lack guile, creativity and pace. Hardly a man in the team has the ability to take their defender on one to one. The further forward in the team you go, the less likely it is to happen. Moves grind to a halt and the ball starts coming back, back, back...

Add to that we have forwards with touches like elephants with leprosy and a defense that will almost certainly lose a goal at some point, we are generally in deep trouble after two years of 'steady progress'.

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Bollix - that happened once. He completed about 8 of those long passes. Stayed on his feet the whole game and was enver beaten to a ball.. PLayed the ball out of defence and showed great composure time and time again.

I know you like Hanlon but his attempted block for the goal was woeful. He spots the danger but tries to tackle from the side instead of putting himself between the ball and the goal. Really poor piece of defensive play from both centre halves.

ForeverHibs93
30-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Do you people even understand football? Kevin Thomson is now a dreadful central midfield player, never looks for the ball and when he does he just passes it backwards, no pace.. It's no wonder we always go wide there's nothing in the middle, The whole Hearts team were back by the time we get the ball forward.

Vine is worse than Konte, Hurtado, and Nade put together, my grandmother has more pace about her than that ****.

McPake is an embarrassment of a captain for that tackle.. Should never lead the team again after doing that in a derby. Stupid tackle would be an understatement.

Fenlon can just do one!

portyhibernian
30-10-2013, 10:24 PM
For me Thomson is pretty much the quintessential holding midfielder. Noticed an awful lot of people slating him for slowing the game down or not being brilliant in attack. Attacking has never been his game and never will be. If we played with any sort of shape or gameplan I expect he'd probably slot into a defensive midfield position comfortably and still be our best player.

IberianHibernian
30-10-2013, 10:25 PM
He was fit and ready to play. Vine was picked. Ive seen nothing to suggest that Vine is even close to being fit.

Glad to hear Danny`s fully match fit . Maybe Pat was keeping him for vital league match at Motherwell where he scored last season . Lets hope Danny gets and takes chance to show he`s ready for regular first team action . Pat Fenlon has certainly given him a lot of chances , now`s the time for him to show Pat has been right to give him so many chances .

ForeverHibs93
30-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Better than most? He has the first touch of a baby giraffe, and the pace of slug riding a snail, and the ability to jump of a man with no knees. Absolutely diabolical for a centre forward

How much have you had too drink? There is no a chance he is one of the best midfielders in the country lol, that's the funniest thing I've read this year lol!

Now that really does show how ****ing ***** we've become.

Lang Toun hibby
30-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Do you people even understand football? Kevin Thomson is now a dreadful central midfield player, never looks for the ball and when he does he just passes it backwards, no pace.. It's no wonder we always go wide there's nothing in the middle, The whole Hearts team were back by the time we get the ball forward.

Vine is worse than Konte, Hurtado, and Nade put together, my grandmother has more pace about her than that ****.

McPake is an embarrassment of a captain for that tackle.. Should never lead the team again after doing that in a derby. Stupid tackle would be an understatement.

Fenlon can just do one!

It's the formation of the team and the substitutes which annoy me and this is down to Fenlon he has a capable bunch of players (apart from Vine) which he continually play in the same way. New right back (replace left peg Stevenson-possibly use as a midfielder , centre half (replace unfit and positionally devoid McPake), Hanlon (too lightweight/poor passer), McGivern (not played well since injury-possibly replace with Stevenson), Taiwo (okish but not for me), Thomson (too slow), Vine (not at the required level). The rest could be used in a decent formation with Stanton, Forster and Handling getting more game time.

Feed McGraw
30-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Good to see some players` names mentioned and I would certainly mention Thomson first . He`s one of the players who`s supposed to be making us better than the rest of the league except for Celtic and I haven`t seen it yet either in play or in influence on younger or new players . Thought it was a huge mistake to sign him last season and not convinced he was a good signing this season . Anyway , don`t like singling out players and time to move on to league games which are more important . Really !! You think league games are more important than cup games ? Why ? What are Hibs gonna do in the league ? Europe ? Pah, not Europe as I knew it. Cups are only source of possible success IMHO.

SouthamptonHibs
31-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Think it's harsh to blame Thomson tonight thought he was Decent one of our better players, he will play more good games than bad.

31-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Very unfair to Thompson IMO, think hes one of our better players. Agree with the rest though.

Aldo
31-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Thomson was the worst player on the park tonight. Not one positive. Complete change from the Celtic game.

So he was worse than Collins, Vine and Craig. No sorry don't think so. Were you watching a different game.

Hibby 2005
31-10-2013, 07:49 AM
For me Thomson is pretty much the quintessential holding midfielder. Noticed an awful lot of people slating him for slowing the game down or not being brilliant in attack. Attacking has never been his game and never will be. If we played with any sort of shape or gameplan I expect he'd probably slot into a defensive midfield position comfortably and still be our best player.

Thomson may be a lot of things but one thing he can't do is defend as he has to catch the player first! IMO he slows everything down but he's not the problem.

Steven_Hibs
31-10-2013, 07:55 AM

The fact that the yams kept going "ee-aww" everytime Hanlon got close to them summed him up. An absolute lightweight. Worst player I've seen at CB for years. Why Forster doesn't get a game I'll never know.

southsider
31-10-2013, 08:01 AM

To ****** saft thats what.

SeanWilson
31-10-2013, 10:17 AM
In my group, I'm not alone in thinking, Thomson constantly slows the game down. We will never ever ever catch a team on the break while it goes through Kevin Thomson

100%:agree:

Speedway
31-10-2013, 10:22 AM

:agree: Whereas with Jorge and Cairney, the ball was getting pinged into the channels quickly.

J-C
31-10-2013, 10:23 AM

Do you not think it's due to the fact that there is zero movement in front of him, hence why he is slow in his distribution, pace and movement has been a constantly lacking at ER this season.

cmcd
31-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Better than most? He has the first touch of a baby giraffe, and the pace of slug riding a snail, and the ability to jump of a man with no knees. Absolutely diabolical for a centre forward

How much have you had too drink? There is no a chance he is one of the best midfielders in the country lol, that's the funniest thing I've read this year lol!

Now that really does show how ****ing ***** we've become.
You must have seen many wonderful players in your 20 years