PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Pat (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

pontius pilate
31-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Stayed away from posting last night as I like thousands if fellow hibby's were rightly furious at what we witnessed. What I can't get is there are still although in the minority of fans wanting Fenlon to stay. He has to go and the sooner the better. This is our club the last protest petered out in the build up to the last game and there were protests last night which I missed but wholeheartedly agree with. Farmer Petrie Fenlon have to go sell up and move on bring in others with the vision to take us forward. Some of the players getting stick don't deserve it but the majority do. For me no fault can be laid at Mcgivern Stevenson and Robertson the rest where shocking and didn't have the answers after they scored

Heisenberg
31-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Well after last night I've woken up to see more of what Pat was saying after the game and it dosent look like he will be leaving any time soon. He should have the balls to admit he's not good enough and walk away.

The_Exile
31-10-2013, 07:37 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/files/2009/02/sptbravestorbs64.jpg

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Emailing them is a waste of energy and bandwidth. They won't give a **** what the support thinks until it affects the bottom line.

Agreed.

When ST renewals are a disaster that's when they will get the message.

heretoday
31-10-2013, 07:43 AM
I suppose Hibs have to just keep plugging away with Pat. After all we can't afford to sack all the players and buy new ones in January. Not so long ago we were all saying Hibs had turned a corner. Now this. We should try and treat it as a painful episode and carry on. I've tried to think of a coach who could do any better with this squad and I don't reckon there's one available.

Peevemor
31-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Simple question

Pretty Boy
31-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Go go go go.

Steve20
31-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Go. It's a disgrace that he is being allowed to continue as manager.

LancsHibs
31-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Just woken up and still seething at that clueless gutless surrender I witnessed last night to Them! THIS HAS TO BE THE FINAL NAIL IN FENLON'S COFFIN.
it costs me (and a lot of other folk) a lot of time and money to come and support Hibs, full day off work, expense of travel & match, a 7 hour round trip sitting in a car, but it was agreed on the way back last night that that was the final straw we will not be back until Fenlon has gone:grr:
If he had anything about him he would resign today, but alas he is going to keep on going waiting for the pay off. I am beginning to despise him. Thankfully living miles away and won't see any Jambos today!

Judas Iscariot
31-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Go isn't strong enough

GTF

Steve20
31-10-2013, 07:50 AM
I've tried to think of a coach who could do any better with this squad and I don't reckon there's one available.

Every other manager in the league could do a better job than Fenlon.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 07:50 AM
It's patently clear that Fenlon won't walk and almost certain that Rodders won't sack him. He should have been told it was over after last night's game but he'll get plenty of other opportunities to drive supporters away and humiliate those that continue to go along some more.

Benny Brazil
31-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Times up - change is needed but I doubt its going to happen.

stormchild
Please go and take half the players with you

erskine-hibby
I suppose Hibs have to just keep plugging away with Pat. After all we can't afford to sack all the players and buy new ones in January. Not so long ago we were all saying Hibs had turned a corner. Now this. We should try and treat it as a painful episode and carry on. I've tried to think of a coach who could do any better with this squad and I don't reckon there's one available.

On the contrary i think there are plenty of managers out there that could do well with this squad. Infact I don,t think the squad is that bad (for this league) it's just that Pats tactics, or lack of, and the way he sets out the team and utilises the players makes us peesh. To 'just keep plugging away' is a tactic used by Hibs over many years and what has that got us? well apart from a manager that just...keeps plugging away.

LancsHibs
31-10-2013, 07:52 AM

Disagree, I think anyone would get better results & performances with this squad.

Coco Bryce
I wont put one foot in ER till this inept clown is removed from his position.

carnoustiehibee
Fenlon is the best manager hearts have ever had

southsider
31-10-2013, 07:53 AM
we lost a decent manager when Collins left because Petrie held a meeting with 'players' who did not like training twice a day. He was far from perfect but for the love of God, i would give almost anything to turn the clock back. We have got worse year after year and where to where we are now, a laughing stock. PF has to go by 10am today, followed at 10.30 by Petrie. I have been going since 1965 and that bunch are the worst i have ever seen. Thats me done until PF goes and (God i hope), Petrie too.

LancsHibs
31-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Go. Go now!

B.Wilson
31-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Please go and take half the players with you

go and take vine,collins,mcpake,zoubir,with you,

erskine-hibby
31-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Go now while we can still perhaps get anything from this season.

Killiehibbie
31-10-2013, 07:57 AM
I won't be back until he's gone.
I see Pat has voted:rolleyes:

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Gtf

LancsHibs
31-10-2013, 07:59 AM
we lost a decent manager when Collins left because Petrie held a meeting with 'players' who did not like training twice a day. He was far from perfect but for the love of God, i would give almost anything to turn the clock back. We have got worse year after year and where to where we are now, a laughing stock. PF has to go by 10am today, followed at 10.30 by Petrie. I have been going since 1965 and that bunch are the worst i have ever seen. Thats me done until PF goes and (God i hope), Petrie too.

Agree with what this man said:rolleyes:

Beefster
31-10-2013, 08:02 AM
There's always one…

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 08:03 AM
can we do a poll titled "how soon do you want PF out of ER"

1. today

2. tomorrow

Billychaotic182
31-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Is he gone yet?

1068gary
31-10-2013, 08:04 AM
just go!

hibeelady
31-10-2013, 08:07 AM
He has to go today!

1068gary
31-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Anyone know how much it would cost the club to get rid of this guy? Surely it's worth a few hundred grand to get rid!

Onion
31-10-2013, 08:09 AM
In all seriousness, what's the point of having another poll. We all know this will end up 90+% sack the man.

PeterboroHibee
31-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I thought he should have gone after the Malmo game, and my opinion hasnt changed since then. Its not so much about results (even though there have been a number of shockers), but the style of football and lack of ideas every single week is just unacceptable.

Winston Ingram
31-10-2013, 08:10 AM

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I'd imagine that all the Yam imposters on here will vote for him to Stay.

Says it all really.........

DaveF
31-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Those at the top of the club are taking the piss. All of them should go.

Greenblood70
31-10-2013, 08:13 AM
For the love of God go man. Massively outstayed his usefulness and should have been dismissed after Malmo.

The Voice Of Reason
I see that Andy74 has registered his vote !!!!!

Pretty Boy
Anyone know how much it would cost the club to get rid of this guy? Surely it's worth a few hundred grand to get rid!

He only has about 8 months left on his contract.

I honestly can't see it costing that much to get rid and i don't think the motivation for keeping him is financial. Sacking him would be an admission of yet another pish appointment so the board seem content to let him see out his contract to save face.

Shameless from both parties especially after Fenlons little speech at the AGM.

mackie77
GO NOW Pat please, if you have any feelings for our great club you will walk away now. You've now lost over half the supporters backing IMO which you'll never get back even if we were to go on a winning run.

Onion
31-10-2013, 08:16 AM

Well that's just not true. A combination of apathy and helplessness means we have no option but to grim and bear it. The football and performances we've had to suffer have been brutal. Fenlon should have walked after the Malmo game, he should have been sacked after the 1-0 Yam game, but nothing happened due to the intrasigence of Petrie and the Hibs Board. Sitting on their hands thinking Fenlon is the best man for the job. It really defies belief.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 08:16 AM
There's always one…be 2 when Andy74 votes

Judas Iscariot
31-10-2013, 08:19 AM
There's always one…

Should be him "outed" for sure now....

Onion
31-10-2013, 08:20 AM

I honestly can't see it costing that much to get rid and i don't think the motivation for keeping him is financial. Sacking him would be an admission of yet another pish appointment so the board seem content to let him see out his contract to save face.

Fenlon is finished. He knows it, the Board know it, the players know it - and it shows. Petrie will hang in there for as long as he can and sack him only when the STs come up for renewal. The only question is how much damage will Fenlon do to the club in the intervening period and impact on ST's and fans morale.

GavinHarris 10
31-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Not just pat has to go. That's 4 managers on the bounce who have failed! Something has to happen at the club

SkintHibby
31-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Any news? Has he gone yet?

kennyh
31-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Like all of us I desperately wanted him to succeed but time and time again in big matches we have been beaten and sometimes trounced. Its not acceptable to be second best to the ****tiest Hearts team in history.

Cant be bothered going 6 miles to watch Hibs on Sunday. Ive never felt like that before. I'd always go when I could now I'm one of the drifters. Dont know when I'll be back but I wont be in any rush while PF is in charge.

Sorry but its time for yet another new manager to try and turn our fortunes around.

steviemanly
31-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Shields in the crowed again Fenlon out when contract up in Summer Shields in that's what it looks like no other reason for Shields to be at ER

:agree::flag:

erskine-hibby
31-10-2013, 08:24 AM

:agree:

Even if we lose 500 fans for the rest of that period (using very rough maths) we would lose around £200'000, giving an average ticket sale of £25 and taking into effect that only about half that time will be home games. As I said rough estimate.
Surely it would be financially viable to get rid now, get a new guy in and all the extra income generated (as it usually does) with a new guy in charge.

Leithenhibby
31-10-2013, 08:26 AM
I have defended PF over the last few months, but I'm now struggling to continue this support for him and some of the squad. It's more than just PF :agree:

We love our club dearly and all want what is best for it, but when your front two run as though their a*s* cheeks are super glued, you have a problem.

PF is a nice guy and I'd like for him to turn this around, but it ain't going to happen any time soon.

It's time to clear the desk methinks, but I do fear we could end up with someone who doesn't move us forward. The board have many Q's to answer, and they don't get away with this mess scot free!...

I don't have the answers, only wish I did.

Jim44
31-10-2013, 08:26 AM
I've wanted him to go for months but, strangely, as he's a decent sort of guy, never really got uptight about his continuing. However it's come to the stage where I despise his presence and the signs of stubborness in his determination to convince us he is the man to take the club forward.

Craig_in_Prague
31-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Gtf.

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Gtf.

And make it today.

hibee_girl
31-10-2013, 08:34 AM
He has to go, it's just going to get nastier for him if he stays. It's best for everyone if he just goes now

erskine-hibby
31-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Like all of us I desperately wanted him to succeed but time and time again in big matches we have been beaten and sometimes trounced. Its not acceptable to be second best to the ****tiest Hearts team in history.

Cant be bothered going 6 miles to watch Hibs on Sunday. Ive never felt like that before. I'd always go when I could now I'm one of the drifters. Dont know when I'll be back but I wont be in any rush while PF is in charge.

Sorry but its time for yet another new manager to try and turn our fortunes around.

I'm afraid I have become that person too.

TornadoHibby
31-10-2013, 08:35 AM
It's patently clear that Fenlon won't walk and almost certain that Rodders won't sack him. He should have been told it was over after last night's game but he'll get plenty of other opportunities to drive supporters away and humiliate those that continue to go along some more.

I suspect that he won't be humiliating me any longer even though I have committed my seasons entry money to Hibs for 2013/14! :tsk tsk:

It's very clear that Pat Fenlon is not the man to give Hibs the qualities required to achieve the performance potential that the scale, size and finances of the Club should be capable of achieving in the SPFL. Last night showed what is wrong with the team at present. Virtually unable to put the ball into the opposition net despite generating a decent dominance for the first 30 minutes or so that should have had the team 3 or 4 goals (at least) ahead by then before capitulating meekly (with one or two exceptions to that comment) the second Stevenson's freak shot hit the back of our net to the point where we could have played there all night and never scored a goal! :rolleyes:

Defensively, we are so fragile under pressure especially with Nelson out of the team (hasn't he shown what a gutsy player he is even if not the most skilful?) and McPake last night just showed how slow and unfit he is which ultimately resulted in him stretching to make a reckless (red card) tackle that he could have done easily (without risking the red card) were he not so unfit or injured or whatever his problem actually is! :rolleyes:

I've had it watching this after several years of it now, albeit not all under Fenlon's time in charge, but I have other ways that I can enjoy my Saturday/Sunday lunchtimes or afternoons, Monday or Friday evenings and the odd Wednesday evening than being demoralised and dispirited watching a Club I have supported almost religiously since I was a boy being lifted over the turnstiles by my father. Even he, albeit now 90 years old, is now watching Hibs only when there isn't something better on TV and they are!! :rolleyes:

Judging by the comments of many around me last night, I suspect I am not the only one with these kind of thoughts this morning! :confused:

Gatecrasher
31-10-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm gobsmacked this clown is still in charge of our club, Get him to ****!

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 08:38 AM

always enjoy the short trip to Motherwell, but it's a no-show from me now sadly ;( unless PF hands in his resignation over the next 48 hours

hibsbollah
31-10-2013, 08:39 AM
He has to go, it's just going to get nastier for him if he stays. It's best for everyone if he just goes now

:agree: Personally I can (and have) put up with terrible Hibs sides for years now. The one thing that will stop me using my season ticket is if the bile and negativity starts spoiling the experience for my daughter. If Fenlon goes, we get a new regime, a fresh start, and hopefully everybody starts to pull together as a club.

Fenlon has lost the fans and they won't come round now.

Bleeds green
31-10-2013, 08:42 AM
If the board accept results performances and signings like this then I'm afraid fans will dwindle away even more

Bleeds green
31-10-2013, 08:42 AM
:agree: Personally i can (and have) put up with terrible hibs sides for years now. The one thing that will stop me using my season ticket is if the bile and negativity starts spoiling the experience for my daughter. If fenlon goes, we get a new regime, a fresh start, and hopefully everybody starts to pull together as a club.

Fenlon has lost the fans and they won't come round now.

great post

NOLA
31-10-2013, 08:45 AM
he isnt capable of taking us forward, please go pat, you kept us in the league and thanks for that, but you are killing this clubs fanbase.

Golden Bear
always enjoy the short trip to Motherwell, but it's a no-show from me now sadly ;( unless PF hands in his resignation over the next 48 hours

The Motherwell trip was always one of my favourites. I've not been to a game all season, (I saw the light with Fenlon some time ago,) however if does resign or is sacked before Sunday then I'll look forward to attending the game at Motherwell.

Mikeystewart

From Rods point of view, it must be cheaper to let Pat's contract run out and face the prospect of a disastrous plummet in attendances. I suppose He won't be too bothered, walk up crowds this year must be incredibly low meaning that all the attendance money is in the bank via season tickets. Look forward to the yarn they spin next season about putting money into the club to give the manager funds to buy in new players and it's our fault we aren't as successful as we want to be.

Bottom line for me is that i agree that using funds from season tickets is the best way to finance the team, I just don't trust the man in charge of the purse strings.

Only an absolute TUBE would play a flat 4 midifled and fill it with central midfielders.

Hank Schrader
31-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Fenlon should be clearing his desk this morning. It would be a disgrace if he is in charge of the first team at the weekend.

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 08:53 AM
I said it when he got the job and I have said it many times since but HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN APPOINTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. I love how all the League of Irelenad experts on here were gving it the "great appointmentt", "the man to take us forward" lines. A Hibs manager should have sufficient experience of football at a decent level. Pat didn't and it has shown.

I don't really blame Pat for the state of things. Not entirely anyway. He was offered a good job and he took it. I blame the incompitent idiots who clearly don't do their homework or are badly advised when it coms to appointing managers.

My mantra has constantly been that, as we have chopped and changed managers too often, Pat should be kept on as long as he made year on year progress by meeting minimum targets. First season avoid relegation. He did it though only by the skin of his teeth. Second season get into or at least challenge for top 6. He did it and got another cup final. This season, at least make the top 6. Whether he does that remains to be seen but it is still achievable so maybe he should be given the chance to stay on a bit longer.

That said, his propensity to perform poorly in big games (lets not forget, one of the only big games he has won we were terrible against Falkirk for 45 mins) and negative style is driving people away and doing our image no favours in Scottish football circles.

I'm fed up of my team being the laughing stock all the time coz of the manager and the board. Time for the lot of them to go. We need more than a change of football manager.

Mango Man
31-10-2013, 08:54 AM
I was in the let Fenlon stay until the end of the season camp, but there has been waaaay to many damaging results in his tenure, there definitely has been a slight improvement, but not enough, especially as there is no Rangers, Hearts have there worst team ever and no other team except for Celtic has spent cash, nowhere near enough progress for a club this size.

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I keep hearing Pat Fenlon is a nice guy? why what has he done thats so nice. I find him utterly dislikeable, seen over our two biggest loses in history wont quit when clearly out his depth, interviews suggest a disdain for fans and a self proclaimed plastic. Nice? do me a favour

kentao
31-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Fenlons had more chances than any manager I care to remember. the 5-1 game he wasn't sacked, the 3-0 celtic game. Malmo, PBS 1-0 and now last night. The fans have all came out in numbers for the above games. Some diehards some lapsed supporters but hes had so many opportunities to get the fans on board and at every big game he finds a way to kick us in the teeth. His style of football is pish he has no plan B. we started off well for 30 mins yesterday then reverted back to passing between the back 4 then long diagonal punts. For me his time was up after the PBS game how he escaped the sack I`ll never know but hes got to go now enough is enough. Get rid before its too late.

sadtom
31-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Should have gone 17 months ago.

The only thing this board are interested in is the balance sheet.
They have my, and my 3 kids ST money, so there is little i can do about than now.
However, like many on here i'd imagine, christmas is coming and i tend to spend a couple of hundred quid in the shop. They wont be getting a red cent if that incompetent is still manager.
The truth is RP has to go too but first things first.
Get Fenlon to f***!

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Am glued to .net today waiting for his dismissal/resignation

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Am glued to .net today waiting for his dismissal/resignation

sadly wont happen. more likely to get new deal.

ScottB
31-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Should have been bulleted so many times before and if he stays these embarrassing results will keep happening.

What's this chat about him having a release clause that's active from today? Supposedly in the Herald or something?

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-10-2013, 09:09 AM
I honestly think that there is no other option but to leave now.

Couldn't care less about Motherwell and won't be attending home games. I won't even check result on Sunday.

Can't quite get my head round what the hierarchy is doing to the Hibs fans, driving us from watching the club we support.

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 09:10 AM
sadly wont happen. more likely to get new deal.

Will this be the most depressing post of the day?

pacorosssco
31-10-2013, 09:11 AM
For manager position must have strong people skills to entice people to believe they are a capable football manager while overseeing worst results in history of club in weakest league of all time

BOB MARLEYS DUG
I have absolutely no idea how hes not been blootered yet. He will still be in charge at the weekend somehow! Anyway, i wont be back till he gone, he's hurt me too much now. Next home game at ER will be deserted if hes still here. Just go Pat!

Houchy
Go, and take vine and mcpake with you!!!

Alfred E Newman
31-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I keep hearing Pat Fenlon is a nice guy? why what has he done thats so nice. I find him utterly dislikeable, seen over our two biggest loses in history wont quit when clearly out his depth, interviews suggest a disdain for fans and a self proclaimed plastic. Nice? do me a favour

His behaviour at the final whistle last night was embarrassing. Sinking to their level if you ask me.

Backto my roots
31-10-2013, 09:15 AM
He must go not just because of the obvious embarrassing defeats such as last night, but the defeat to Inverness and Aberdeen on Saturday which showed we will struggle to make the top 6. Considering no Huns and the state Hertz are in we realistically should be challenging for 2nd place so this is unforgiveable especially with the finances Fenlon has available. He has been given time and has made improvements since Calderwood but now out of his depth and should go!

Benny Brazil
31-10-2013, 09:16 AM
A snippet from the Express:
"The under-fire Irishman refused to confirm or deny that he has a release clause in his contract which can be activated from tomorrow.

Fenlon said: “I’m not going to talk about anything in my contract. That’s the club’s and my business, not for anyone else to discuss. There’s no problem with the supporters, they’re right do that, right to feel angry, because we’ve lost."

http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/440224/Hibernian-fans-call-for-sacking-of-Pat-Fenlon-after-defeat-by-Hearts

Bill Milne
31-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Stood up for Fenlon for long enough. Last night was the straw which broke the camel's back. Goodbye, Pat!!

greenpaper55
31-10-2013, 09:21 AM
He should have been sacked for many things, how about thon Shefti Kuqi !, i think i could move faster than him and i'm nearly twice his age, to think we paid a good salary for that for a season beggars belief.

Heisenberg
31-10-2013, 09:21 AM
A snippet from the Express:
"The under-fire Irishman refused to confirm or deny that he has a release clause in his contract which can be activated from tomorrow.

Fenlon said: “I’m not going to talk about anything in my contract. That’s the club’s and my business, not for anyone else to discuss. There’s no problem with the supporters, they’re right do that, right to feel angry, because we’ve lost."

http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/440224/Hibernian-fans-call-for-sacking-of-Pat-Fenlon-after-defeat-by-Hearts

Hopefully true about the release clause. Get it activated Petrie.

Hibby_Paul
31-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Meant to vote GO but clicked stay cause of silly wee buttons on phone! So scrap my vote above please!

Ozyhibby
31-10-2013, 09:32 AM
It's half past 10. How the **** is he not away yet?

Speedway
31-10-2013, 09:32 AM
This is not Hibs. **** off Fenlon. **** right off.

The problem is that in the modern age, this could not be MORE Hibs.

J-C
31-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Ok I've just voted and can't believe 4 people voted for him to stay after al that's happened :confused:

Makaveli
31-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Ok I've just voted and can't believe 4 people voted for him to stay after al that's happened :confused:

I almost voted stay by mistake, maybe they did too.

itslegaltender
31-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Its the crushing certainty that he will stay on that is getting to me. Every time the Hibee support steps up, every time there is a chance we can start to build a bigger fan base, Fenlon doesnt deliver. We know we arent going to win every week but what we want to see is our team, Hibernian FC producing good, creative football. He has never produced this in his tenure, his team is pedestrian, no pace. We and our club do not deserve such a manager. He needs to be put out the door.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm beginning to see that the owner and board of HFC see us as a bunch of mental midgets whos opinions and concerns are there to be swatted away. In fact call me paranoid but I am beginning to think they are actually laughing at us.

The root of the problem is becoming obvious. The owner of HFC doesnt not have an emotional attachment to what happens to the club on the park. Yes he wants us to win, yes he wants the club to do well ...... but I'm convinced that when we lose it doesnt hurt.

We have a chairman who has a financial stake in the club. But as far as I'm aware the guy has no emotional attachment either and as a number cruncher gets more joy from a well appointed balance sheet than he does from a win on the park. If the figures start falling he may react, but his way of doing that is to lay off staff and make despairing appeals to the fans to buy more season tickets. If these measures work then he has done his job and that gives him pleasure. If they dont its our fault for not backing the club.

There is some anacdotal evidence of the mans mindset. When he refused to come to the phone during the Scott Brown transfer saga it wasnt because he thought celtics offer was an insult to Hibernian FC. It was because it was an insult to him.
His statement at the AGM that James Collins transfer fee was well short of the £200,000 we were led to believe. Would not the chairman of a club be happy to let the fans believe that the club was spending that sort of money on a player. Instead his way of looking at it was that we should all know how clever he was by getting the guy for less than we thought.
The famed trip to Wolverhampton in an attempt to get Wolves to part with Leigh Griffiths. This was a strange thing for him to do, given that he obviously knows the value of a player, if not on the park, at least on the balance sheet. He must have been well aware that Wolves valuation of LG would be miles away from what we were able, or willing, to spend. It was a sop to the suckers in the stands, nothing more, nothing less.

There are three ways a club can pull more punters in through the door.

1) ... A mega rich owner with deep pockets and an ego to match who relates on field success to how good he is going to look or who has that emotional attachment to the club, like Jack Walker did at Blackburn. We certainly dont have either.

2) ... Luck. You get a golden generation of players who all come through at the same time and a manager who can get the best out of them. This is a once in a generation happy accident. Just ask Celtic, Man Utd or Dundee Utd if that aint so. Unfortunately Hibs have appointed managers over the last 6 years on the back of the Mowbray era. They have failed to see that Mowbray was a one off and that appointing managers from lower league football or first timers is a false economy.

3) ... Speculate to accumulate ...... Spend the money to get a decent manager and if not money on big transfer fees then at least money to improve the wage budget to attract better quality players. I am not talking about a Yams type runaway train scenario, but a considered risk strategy in the hope that we will do better on the park and bring in more fans as a result of improved entertainment and hopefully better league positions which brings with it more TV money and bigger prize money.

As far as I can see the last scenario is the only one open to us ... but with STF and RP in charge we will never take that calculated risk.

But what I do know is this ...... Keeping a manager who is damaging the club in order to save a few bob is about as false an economy as you can get. You dont have to be a financial genius to work that one out.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2013, 10:30 AM
3 hours without a goal against Tynecastle Boys Club, GTF Pat!

GreenCastle
31-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Has he gone yet?

I had a sleepless night and I am a fan - not quite sure how he or any of the players could have slept after last night.

It's clear he has no idea - limited Plan A - no plan B - he's lost the dressing room - that's from current and ex players but won't be leaving anytime soon unless sacked. His statement about leaving is nonsense.

There is giving people a chance and then giving people a chance to really make things worse and others suffer...we are in the latter and things are going to get worse - last night was his final chance to show he could achieve but he failed - AGAIN.

jakeshibs
31-10-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm beginning to see that the owner and board of HFC see us as a bunch of mental midgets whos opinions and concerns are there to be swatted away. In fact call me paranoid but I am beginning to think they are actually laughing at us.

The root of the problem is becoming obvious. The owner of HFC doesnt not have an emotional attachment to what happens to the club on the park. Yes he wants us to win, yes he wants the club to do well ...... but I'm convinced that when we lose it doesnt hurt.

We have a chairman who has a financial stake in the club. But as far as I'm aware the guy has no emotional attachment either and as a number cruncher gets more joy from a well appointed balance sheet than he does from a win on the park. If the figures start falling he may react, but his way of doing that is to lay off staff and make despairing appeals to the fans to buy more season tickets. If these measures work then he has done his job and that gives him pleasure. If they dont its our fault for not backing the club.

There is some anacdotal evidence of the mans mindset. When he refused to come to the phone during the Scott Brown transfer saga it wasnt because he thought celtics offer was an insult to Hibernian FC. It was because it was an insult to him.
His statement at the AGM that James Collins transfer fee was well short of the £200,000 we were led to believe. Would not the chairman of a club be happy to let the fans believe that the club was spending that sort of money on a player. Instead his way of looking at it was that we should all know how clever he was by getting the guy for less than we thought.
The famed trip to Wolverhampton in an attempt to get Wolves to part with Leigh Griffiths. This was a strange thing for him to do, given that he obviously knows the value of a player, if not on the park, at least on the balance sheet. He must have been well aware that Wolves valuation of LG would be miles away from what we were able, or willing, to spend. It was a sop to the suckers in the stands, nothing more, nothing less.

There are three ways a club can pull more punters in through the door.

1) ... A mega rich owner with deep pockets and an ego to match who relates on field success to how good he is going to look or who has that emotional attachment to the club, like Jack Walker did at Blackburn. We certainly dont have either.

2) ... Luck. You get a golden generation of players who all come through at the same time and a manager who can get the best out of them. This is a once in a generation happy accident. Just ask Celtic, Man Utd or Dundee Utd if that aint so. Unfortunately Hibs have appointed managers over the last 6 years on the back of the Mowbray era. They have failed to see that Mowbray was a one off and that appointing managers from lower league football or first timers is a false economy.

3) ... Speculate to accumulate ...... Spend the money to get a decent manager and if not money on big transfer fees then at least money to improve the wage budget to attract better quality players. I am not talking about a Yams type runaway train scenario, but a considered risk strategy in the hope that we will do better on the park and bring in more fans as a result of improved entertainment and hopefully better league positions which brings with it more TV money and bigger prize money.

As far as I can see the last scenario is the only one open to us ... but with STF and RP in charge we will never take that calculated risk.

But what I do know is this ...... Keeping a manager who is damaging the club in order to save a few bob is about as false an economy as you can get. You dont have to be a financial genius to work that one out.

spending money you do not have, is not the way, look at them at SEVCO, sorry only my opinion but I disagree with you

18Craig75
31-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Silence from ER is deafening. As per.

MotherSuperior
31-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Hopefully this is just a case of hitting the wrong button, but if it's not then some explanation is needed to why you feel Fenlon shouldn't be sacked ASAP

Gatecrasher
31-10-2013, 10:38 AM

after a night like last night they usually go into lockdown for a few days then slowly start up the usual pish again.

Coco Bryce
31-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Hopefully this is just a case of hitting the wrong button, but if it's not then some explanation is needed to why you feel Fenlon shouldn't be sacked ASAP

Beefster
31-10-2013, 10:43 AM
after a night like last night they usually go into lockdown for a few days then slowly start up the usual pish again.

A statement from the Chairman about how we're all hurting and need to stick together on the cards?

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 10:44 AM

Roderick will be looking at the revenue he raked in last night and will be thinking "result!"

Makaveli
31-10-2013, 10:45 AM
A statement from the Chairman about how we're all hurting and need to stick together on the cards?

Half season tickets available soon!

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 10:45 AM

How we're all "in this together" and should turn up in heavy numbers for the next home game and give the club as much cash as possible. Then all will be ok.

hibsbollah
31-10-2013, 10:54 AM
His behaviour at the final whistle last night was embarrassing. Sinking to their level if you ask me.

What did he do?

HibeeMassive
31-10-2013, 10:54 AM

What did he do at the final whistle?

IWasThere2016
31-10-2013, 10:56 AM

the auto-reply I got to my earlier email was full of similar text.. :yawn:

Elephant Stone
31-10-2013, 10:56 AM

Who do you think you are? How on earth do you expect this poll to be a fair representation of opinion if people are going to get hounded out for taking an unpopular stance? I've got many reasons for not wanting to sack him right at this very moment in time but I'm not going to post them now during this seethe fest just because you want me to.

MotherSuperior
31-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Who do you think you are? How on earth do you expect this poll to be a fair representation of opinion if people are going to get hounded out for taking an unpopular stance? I've got many reasons for not wanting to sack him right at this very moment in time but I'm not going to post them now during this seethe fest just because you want me to.

Look forward to reading your thoughts on Pat, post-seethe then.

Springbank
31-10-2013, 11:08 AM
The only thing Pat Fenlon will ever win is the hearts player of the year award

You wonder what his level really is

Thecat23
31-10-2013, 11:30 AM
This says it all really..

Hibs have won 14 points from 14 home SPL/Prem games in 2013, 6 points from 6 games this season, only Dundee & St Mirren have been defeated.

Hibiza
31-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Time for the honourable thing. you cant take us further. all the best.:flag:

Steve20
31-10-2013, 11:32 AM
He wont quit and the club don't seem to think he deserves sacked. So, we're stuck with him until the end of the season it seems.

MurrayfieldHibs
31-10-2013, 11:50 AM
:fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::f uming::fuming::fuming:

You have had enough opportunities. It is now your team and you can't get them to play.

Time to go Pat.

:taxi

southsider
31-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Everyone who really cares should turn up at E R for the next home game and NOT GO IN. Stand outside the main entrance and give the board and FARMER dogs abuse until the penny drops. Then at the next home game do it again.We need change and we want it now.

WhileTheChief..
31-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Everyone who really cares should turn up at E R for the next home game and NOT GO IN. Stand outside the main entrance and give the board and FARMER dogs abuse until the penny drops. Then at the next home game do it again.We need change and we want it now.

Totally agree.

S4uzee
31-10-2013, 12:56 PM

Excellent idea

The Sea-gull
31-10-2013, 01:31 PM
I honestly don't think the idea we are definitely stuck with Pat for the whole season is a cert. Unless we start playing better football, winning games at home and winning the big matches (such as the Aberdeen and Yams games just gone by) everytime we have a bad result or lose a big game, the same feelings will be direct towards him. Eventually the board will crack.

Bad defeats (or even "good" defeats if there is such a thing) v Motherwell and ICT on top of what is already recurring bad feeling stemming from the cup final defeats, the first 45 v Falkirk, Malmo and this season's derbies, might be too difficult for the Board to resist ahead of the international break in November.

Also, wouldn't put it past Rod to sack him before or just after the Motherwell game and bring someone in just to boost the ICT crowd. Would suspect there has already been discussion in the Board room this season about who to go for if they relieved Pat and suspect more discussions of this nature will be taking place over the coming three days. A poor performance and result on Sunday at Motherwell could see him off.

I just fear now that if we stick with him, this constant pattern of Bad Result in a big game then Bad Run for a few games then Good result in some p$shy game then reasonable run for a few games then Bad Result in a big game - repeat cycle will continue all the while the football will be poor and we'll be bobbling around lower mid table.

I do wonder if what has saved him (and one or two other SPL managers this season) is the Yams points deduction and transfer embargo. Without this he may have gone after the first derby in August.

Beefster
31-10-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm disappointed that only 97.2% of Hibs.net want him removed forthwith. I bet some folk were still saying that Duffy should get more time back in the day.

Captain Trips
31-10-2013, 02:47 PM
It cost us money to sack CC when we actually could have got a fee for him that was disgraceful decision to stick with him, we then move on and higher somebody a wee bit better than CC as that is all he is a wee bit better. PF has been a disaster and the fact he is never compared to decent mangers from our past speaks volumes.

Its always well its better than under CC, being better than CC doesnt make you a good manager its makes you better than a really piss poor one and that is all PF has really done IMO, hasnt signed anyone I would be bothered if they left, hasnt given me many matches to truly remember in a positive manner, has taken us from piss poor to average at best in 2yrs and that is woeful.

The mess CC left is no excuse, I can live and accept last night if its an exception but PF has basically zero in his locker to get away with matches like last night and that sums up his time here, he for me hasn't built anything of any real note, he has to go as do the people in charge for not reacting to what for me was clearly never going to work out.

Sack him now 12mths to late and then clear your own desks, what really pisses me off we have no Rangers and dreadful Hearts and the club still cannot get its act together to take advantage of it all, an absolute joke down ER. PF has been backed and for me a decent manager at this juncture should be all over 2nd place not pissing around at 6th/7th.

Keith_M
31-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm disappointed that only 97.2% of Hibs.net want him removed forthwith. I bet some folk were still saying that Duffy should get more time back in the day.

There are always going to be some people that have a different take on things. I just gave up arguing with someone on another thread that thinks he's doing an OK job.

There are also non-Hibs fans that are members on here. I'm sure most Hearts fans would love Fenlon to stay.

VivaHiberña
31-10-2013, 04:04 PM
I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a very long time, but I've had enough. Last night was a confirmation of my doubts.

FFS, even Alan Partridge kens the script

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b569/hibeeduncan/justsackpat_zps86cf136a.png

stevejordan
31-10-2013, 04:45 PM
New on here as i asked my son to register me i have followed Hibs for to many years to remember and this is worse than the Duffy Jim days the defeats i can handle but its the style of play the negative football lack of any positive game plan and now lack of hope we have no hope of any improvement with Paddy in charge the games up he has to go and sorry but its Petries time to walk as well.

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 04:47 PM
New on here as i asked my son to register me i have followed Hibs for to many years to remember and this is worse than the Duffy Jim days the defeats i can handle but its the style of play the negative football lack of any positive game plan and now lack of hope we have no hope of any improvement with Paddy in charge the games up he has to go and sorry but its Petries time to walk as well.

And so say nearly all of us.

TheReg!
31-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Until Rod goes, we are going to going around in circles for years to come. It just seems to me that his club policy's I.E stupid ticket data base nonsense, not opening the back of the east for smokers to picking crap managers is just wrong, the whole club stinks of Rod from top to bottom, a fresh forward thinking football minded chairman is needed, until then we are going nowhere fast.

kdhibees1
31-10-2013, 04:59 PM
I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a very long time, but I've had enough. Last night was a confirmation of my doubts.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b569/hibeeduncan/justsackpat_zps86cf136a.png

:not worth:top marks

Hibstrooper
31-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Currently 97.51% saying sack.

If he is still in charge at the weekend the question has to be what are the board seeing that the fans aren't? The fans deserve to know what it is.

I guess the problem is if they do publically back him and he doesn't turn it around then they've made their own position even more untenable - so the only answer for them if they don't want to sack him is sit quiet and pray, hoping that it'll all blow over in a couple of weeks. This is what we are seeing happen right now.

basehibby
31-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I've sat on the fence for long enough - 2 years in charge and the team he's put together chronically lacks penetration to the extent that the Yams have turned us over like a bunch of mugs TWICE this season with a team of (not very good contrary to the Yam's nonsense) kids.

It's F*%$ing pathetic and I'm sick to the back teeth of it - de-ja-vu doesn't even come close - never want to see those filthy Yam muppets celebrating in our stadium EVER again! - Fenlon - YOU let that happen and you have no excuses this time - time to go before you get lynched.

adhibs
31-10-2013, 06:59 PM

brilliant

Hermit Crab
31-10-2013, 07:28 PM

Won't happen mate. Good idea though.

stevejordan
31-10-2013, 07:34 PM
a nice man but should never have got the job 2 years of pain its over Paddy go now so we can move on.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 08:03 PM
If something was going to be done, it should have been done TODAY.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Apologies if already posted...

"@ScotFootBlog: Rumour from Easter Road this evening: Roderick spent the day talking Fenlon out of resigning. Surely a lot of nonsense. Surely."

Golden Bear
31-10-2013, 08:09 PM

"@ScotFootBlog: Rumour from Easter Road this evening: Roderick spent the day talking Fenlon out of resigning. Surely a lot of nonsense. Surely."

If that proves to be the case then Petrie is only trying to spare his own blushes.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 08:09 PM

This

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 08:11 PM
This

Praying it is only that.

Thecat23
31-10-2013, 08:11 PM

If that's true then it shows how much a *removed* Petrie is and not giving us fans what we deserve. If not, I'll retract what I've said! He's just a *removed*

Leishy1995
31-10-2013, 09:05 PM
No chance is that rumour true.

Petrie has never in his time in charge had so many fans outside the stand abusing the club for him to be sacked. He will know how bad it will seem if Fenlon hands his resignation in and he rejects it.

I hope.

green glory
31-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Tomorrow's Scotsman.

Thecat23
31-10-2013, 09:39 PM

Tomorrow's Scotsman.

That's true, Potter did put Fenlon's name in for the job. He also put it to Utd as well. Same dull football as what Potter plays so they prob get on well.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 09:39 PM

Tomorrow's Scotsman.

FFS another reason to hate Potter

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 09:45 PM
FFS another reason to hate PotterAs if any mair were needed, anyway why the **** is anyone at ER taking advice from the useless specky jakey h****s ****, beggers belief.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2013, 09:48 PM
As if any mair were needed, any why the **** is anyone at ER taking advice from the useless specky jakey h****s ****, beggers belief.

Eloquently put as always J :greengrin

Gustavo Fring
31-10-2013, 09:55 PM
i wanted him sacked at the start of the season but theres nae point now a quarter of the way in . save the cash and put it towards gettin a better quality manager at the end of the season

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-10-2013, 09:58 PM
That's true, Potter did put Fenlon's name in for the job. He also put it to Utd as well. Same dull football as what Potter plays so they prob get on well.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19997357

Coco Bryce
31-10-2013, 10:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19997357

Jeezo. That speaks volumes about these two inept balloons.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2013, 10:17 PM

Yup - Potter recommendation to RP. Potter and PF are good pals.

Hibs90
31-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Rumour also has it he'll be away tommorow.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Rumour also has it he'll be away tommorow.

Hope so:aok:

B.H.F.C
31-10-2013, 10:43 PM
i wanted him sacked at the start of the season but theres nae point now a quarter of the way in . save the cash and put it towards gettin a better quality manager at the end of the season

No danger. 27 league games. Scottish Cup. Get someone in now.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 10:51 PM
i wanted him sacked at the start of the season but theres nae point now a quarter of the way in . save the cash and put it towards gettin a better quality manager at the end of the seasonSave cash? And which do you think will cost mair, getting rid of a manager with a short time left on his contract or the money lost through ever decreasing gates if he stays.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I'll only vote if we can add in a bit where the board goes too.

If not then the vote is pointless in my opinion.

Stewboy
01-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Time is up for him now. Sounds a decent bloke but the life is just getting sucked out of the team.

I think what really sums it up for me is cast your mind back to 1st game of the season when Yogi was is charge (Think it was) and we were one all with St Mirren with about 10 minutes to go. For that last 10 minutes we threw everything at them to get the winner.

That just wouldn't happen now, even against 10 men you get the impression the Pat would be happy to sit with a point rather than go for the winner and that attitude is driving away the crowds

Beefster
01-11-2013, 05:46 AM

Tomorrow's Scotsman.

I think they met at a 4-6-0 workshop that Alex Miller held at Largs once. Bobby Williamson would have been in their wee clique too but the buffet was out so he was busy.

Gatecrasher
01-11-2013, 05:56 AM
A jambo *******s like levein involved in Fenlon getting the job, our club is a ****in embarrassment at times.
No jambo should be no where near involved imo

pacorosssco
01-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Hope to hear he is gone on get rid Friday

Craig_in_Prague
01-11-2013, 06:11 AM
cant see it.
our pathetic club will continue as is.
the next home game needs boycotted. Only way the 'suits' will take any notice. Until then, cozy behind their desks.

Niffy
01-11-2013, 06:29 AM
PF says the fans have a right to be upset about Wednesday's result.

Aye - and the 5-1, 9-0 etc etc etc it's not just one bad result Paddy boy it's frikin LOOOADS of them.

PF has tarnished this clubs history. It was never glorious in recent times, but for the forseeable future, Hibernian FC will be remember for these shambolic times.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-11-2013, 06:29 AM

I knew it from the start

NatureBoy
01-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Just woke up. Is Fenlol still here?
:no way:

Craig_in_Prague
01-11-2013, 08:47 AM
He said he'd walk if he felt he couldnt take us on. Now unless he's got amnesia, why is he sticking around?

SlickShoes
01-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Paul Hanlon in today's metro saying we played well enough and it was only due to Jamie McDonald that Hearts won.........

matty_f
01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Paul Hanlon in today's metro saying we played well enough and it was only due to Jamie McDonald that Hearts won.........

And therein lies the problem. Neither Pat nor the players seem to accept there was any issues with the performance on Wednesday. Therefore there is absolutely no sign that they will do anything differently in the future.

Phil MaGlass
01-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Was at the Dons game, saw in that game we didnt have enough to beat hertz,said as much to whom ever would listen, I will not be back until Fenlon is out and we get a manager with a bit of pedigree. Hibs, on paper the second strongest team in the league with probably the worst manager, he has tae f,n go, just not good enough. No heart, no soul, this club is slowly dying, and Petrie is doing FA to address it.

ScottB
01-11-2013, 09:25 AM
He said he'd walk if he felt he couldnt take us on. Now unless he's got amnesia, why is he sticking around?

Because when it comes down to it, few people will willingly walk away from money without somewhere else to go?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 09:28 AM

McDonald was doing his job, unlike Hanlon who put in a tackle on Stevenson that my granny would be embarrassed about, and she's been deid 20 odd years.

GreenCastle
01-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Is he still here :grr::brickwall

Do Hibs not usually do a Friday press conference ?

B.H.F.C
01-11-2013, 09:41 AM
And therein lies the problem. Neither Pat nor the players seem to accept there was any issues with the performance on Wednesday. Therefore there is absolutely no sign that they will do anything differently in the future.

Exactly, take the goal for instance. First mistake was that it wasn't allowed to go trough to Williams. Maybe lack of a shout from him. Then it was a poor header. Then we didn't react to the second ball. Then Hanlon pretty much watched Stevenson turn and shoot.

Nothing wrong there at all eh!

Add in that our finishing was poor. And our reaction to going behind.

If the manager is telling the players they are doing well they are going to listen to him.

TowerHibs
01-11-2013, 09:44 AM
McDonald was doing his job, unlike Hanlon who put in a tackle on Stevenson that my granny would be embarrassed about, and she's been deid 20 odd years.

1st thing id do as new gaffer was get rid of hanlon. nt only is he not good enough but being part of a defense for so long that has been shocking clearly doesnt hurt him enough

GreenCastle
01-11-2013, 09:48 AM
180+ mins and we haven't scored against the worst yams team in years.

Remember last season Caldwell goal at Tynie - the performance of Forster at CH in that game - why haven't these guys been playing more ?

The worrying thing from my point of view was the basic skills a pro footballer is supposed to be able to do - pass the ball with the correct weight - move off the ball - hold the ball up under pressure. I could go on!

Even after the yams scored Hibs had plenty time to get one goal - but I can't remember a real chance except Craig in the 2nd half. Yes we started the first 25 mins well but to no avail - plus how many times this season have we started poorly.

Lucius Apuleius
01-11-2013, 09:58 AM

Done to death son. Plus it is a pile of kack. Petrie did what any MD should do when employees come to see him regarding an HR matter they feel they cannot discuss with their direct manager.

HFC 0-7
01-11-2013, 10:05 AM

I have said this for a while, despite Fenlon supposedly changing the culture at the club, everyone seems to have excuses to hand. Yes we played well in this first 30 mins and their keeper had a really good save but we never kept it going. We missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper, must do better there. No players wanting to come out and say that the way the heads went down after their goal was unacceptable and was really the reason we got beat!

No one at the club wants to take ownership of bad results and performances. If the manager accepts that playing well for 30 mins of the 90 and ***** the rest is worthy of the win then it's a massive problem!

HFC 0-7
01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Done to death son. Plus it is a pile of kack. Petrie did what any MD should do when employees come to see him regarding an HR matter they feel they cannot discuss with their direct manager.

Lets not compare the hierarchy at a football club with the hierarchy at any other business. Could you imagine this happening at Man U when ferguson was there? People like Petrie shouldn't be getting involved, he should be saying Collins is the manager deal with it.

The fact players apologised for it shows that they thought it was a mistake afterwards.

Leishy1995
01-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Lets not compare the hierarchy at a football club with the hierarchy at any other business. Could you imagine this happening at Man U when ferguson was there? People like Petrie shouldn't be getting involved, he should be saying Collins is the manager deal with it.

The fact players apologised for it shows that they thought it was a mistake afterwards.

Ferguson would have and did empty players for less. The manager should never be undermined.

Lucius Apuleius
01-11-2013, 10:17 AM

All the same in law. We want to compare ourselves to Man U now. Its like Open all Hours compared to Walmart.

Treadstone
01-11-2013, 10:50 AM
After reading a post from the young Irish lad (InterviewLOI (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?273241-Get-Out-Clause-in-Fenlons-Contract-Next-Month&p=3787648&highlight=#post3787648) Post #21) was googling PF, Shelbourne and Bohemians for more info and came across this.

http://www.joe.ie/football/opinion-football/dessie-baker-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-pat-fenlon/

Three years ago but could have been written for Wednesday night.

Things seem to be getting worse for Pat Fenlon at the moment. He’s the type of person that likes everything to be done right and I’m not sure what his situation is, but it doesn’t look good.I played under Pat at Shelbourne and he’s a very good manager and if things aren’t being done the way he wants, I’m not sure I can see him staying in the job to be honest with you. On the other hand, he may well want to stay there and do the best he can for the club.
Situations like what’s happening at Bohs occur all the time and it could well turn out that he will step back and let someone else take over. It’s unfortunate the way things have turned out, but it just doesn’t seem right at Bohs at the moment. The atmosphere around Dalymount Park didn’t seem right on Friday night and it hasn’t really been happening on the pitch either, despite some of the results they’ve had at the start of the season.
In fairness to them, they did try and push on against Galway, but they just couldn’t break them down. As I said, all credit to Galway, they dug in and performed well as a unit, but the game as a whole wasn’t particularly easy on the eye and I’m sorry I was there instead of being at the five-goal thriller in Richmond Park.

Boyle89
01-11-2013, 10:58 AM
After reading a post from the young Irish lad (InterviewLOI (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?273241-Get-Out-Clause-in-Fenlons-Contract-Next-Month&p=3787648&highlight=#post3787648) Post #21) was googling PF, Shelbourne and Bohemians for more info and came across this.

http://www.joe.ie/football/opinion-football/dessie-baker-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-pat-fenlon/

Three years ago but could have been written for Wednesday night.

Did he walk away soon after that was written or did fans (the few remaining ones) have to endure his tenure for much longer?

Craig_in_Prague
01-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Because when it comes down to it, few people will willingly walk away from money without somewhere else to go?

He should keep his trap shut then, if he aint willing to act with integrity.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Lunch time now. Looks like they are going to dig in a extract the urine from 97% of their customers.
If they do then they can GTF.

Greenblood70
01-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I only hope the delay in Fenlon leaving is them thrashing out the finer points of his severance.

If the Board are trying to ride this one out and keep Fenlon in place it beggars belief.

HFC 0-7
01-11-2013, 12:09 PM
All the same in law. We want to compare ourselves to Man U now. Its like Open all Hours compared to Walmart.

Nonsense! You knowi am not comparing hibs to Man U, I am making a point that this doesn't happen at other places. Are you saying that because Man U are a big club these "same laws" don't apply. There are players unions for if it was that bad. Players took the hump because they were being worked hard, fair enough Collins man management was bad but they took the hump big time. Look at hibs since Collins left, soft touch all over the place. Pretty sure the players would go running to Petrie if my primary school football coach shouted at them.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I only hope the delay in Fenlon leaving is them thrashing out the finer points of his contract extension

If the Board are trying to ride this one out and keep Fenlon in place it beggars belief.

edited slightly, hope Fenlon aint using the clause in his contract that entitles him to invoke a 5-year contract extension if he wants

:duck:

HappyHibby93
01-11-2013, 12:55 PM
For me, Fenlon has assembled a good squad and would say that he has a good eye for a player, HOWEVER, his tactical awareness is pretty dreadful. I would say that Fenlon has taken the club as far as he can, and should step aside and let a new manager take us to the next level.

Do the honorable thing Pat, thanks for the effort, its time to go.

Lucius Apuleius
01-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Nonsense! You knowi am not comparing hibs to Man U, I am making a point that this doesn't happen at other places. Are you saying that because Man U are a big club these "same laws" don't apply. There are players unions for if it was that bad. Players took the hump because they were being worked hard, fair enough Collins man management was bad but they took the hump big time. Look at hibs since Collins left, soft touch all over the place. Pretty sure the players would go running to Petrie if my primary school football coach shouted at them.

I am saying the exact opposite. They took the hump as you put it with JC. JC was on holiday. They went to RP. RP listened to them. Not a clue what he then said to them but he did absolutely the correct thing. If JC then considered that he was being undermined then in my opinion something must have been said by Petrie to him. That is a whole different argument. I strongly believe that Petrie did nothing wrong, in fact from a managerial point of view, he did exactly what was expected of him.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Back on topic (I no longer give a flying one what happened with Collins), I'm actually quite stunned that the club are going to just ignore the fans and carry on as if nothing happened. I'm now coming round to the idea that it's the whole board that needs to go. They are treating us like idiots and I suppose if we keep turning up and giving them money, who can blame them.

pacorosssco
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Back on topic (I no longer give a flying one what happened with Collins), I'm actually quite stunned that the club are going to just ignore the fans and carry on as if nothing happened. I'm now coming round to the idea that it's the whole board that needs to go. They are treating us like idiots and I suppose if we keep turning up and giving them money, who can blame them.

remember pats a nice guy. shocked hes not been punted. well not really but shocked none the less. always in transition.

southsider
01-11-2013, 01:28 PM

Refuse to see them. It was a football matter not a board matter. Understand ?Collins was the TEAM MANAGER.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Refuse to see them. It was a football matter not a board matter. Understand ?Collins was the TEAM MANAGER.

Absolute bollox, but lets go with it anyway. What has that got to do with Fenlons tenure at Hibs?

VPHIBEE
01-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Absolute bollox, but lets go with it anyway. What has that got to do with Fenlons tenure at Hibs?

The players went to Petrie as all of them thought he was knob, and had no respect for him. Probably the worst Man Manager we have had at the club. Please never bring him anywhere near Easter Road again.

Beefster
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM

"We've got a problem with the team manager, Mr Chairman"

"So **** off and speak to the team manager about it"

That would be ludicrous. No sensible or competent chairman would refuse to discuss an issue with employees.

Cropley10
01-11-2013, 02:26 PM
The players went to Petrie as all of them thought he was knob, and had no respect for him. Probably the worst Man Manager we have had at the club. Please never bring him anywhere near Easter Road again.

Oh dear. The players didn't like being told to be professional and work hard.

You obviously weren't at the Cup Final we WON 5-1.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Has John Collins been sacked yet?
FFS.

VPHIBEE
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Oh dear. The players didn't like being told to be professional and work hard.

You obviously weren't at the Cup Final we WON 5-1.

I was there, and as I have said before, the players won that cup despite him, not because of him. Watch the footage at the end of the game. Collins cuts a very lonely figure on the pitch whilst the celebrations were going on.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I was there, and as I have said before, the players won that cup despite him, not because of him. Watch the footage at the end of the game. Collins cuts a very lonely figure on the pitch whilst the celebrations were going on.

possibly because he was very emotional in not having his late father witnessing his accomplishment as a manger ? iirc he died just the week leading up to the final ?

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Has John Collins been sacked yet?
FFS.

he will be....after all the fans get back from Hamilton