PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Final to take place at Celtic Park (Semis at Ibrox)

AllyF
30-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Confirmed by the SFA.

DarrenSQH
30-10-2013, 11:10 AM
A bit of a joke if you got Rangers in a semi or Celtic in the final.

AllyF
30-10-2013, 11:13 AM
A bit of a joke if you got Rangers in a semi or Celtic in the final.

:agree: Absolutely mental decision. There must be a reason it's not at Murrayfield.

DarrenSQH
30-10-2013, 11:13 AM
:agree: Absolutely mental decision. There must be a reason it's not at Murrayfield.

Money

GreenCastle
30-10-2013, 11:14 AM
A quite possible home game for Celtic in the final - makes sense...not :rolleyes: :grr:

Typical SFA...useless..

down-the-slope
30-10-2013, 11:15 AM
only sensible option - means bigger gate for final....and not the potential for one team to have semi & final at their ground

Also as I started a thread about some time back...we could keep our record of never having won the SC at Hampden..........and still have the best result in our History :greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Just under 30000 tickets each then.

No reason for us not getting 2 per ST holder this year.

GreenCastle
30-10-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=12752

Some interesting quotes at the bottom form the soap dodgers

PatHead
30-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Surely it would have made sense to keep both Ibrox and Parkhead on standby for the Final and alternatives for the semis. If Celtic are in the final and The Rangers are not it should be at Ibrox not Parkhead. With regard to semis what if it is 2 clubs with smaller supports surely Easter Road should have been considered. Typical SFA to make decisions about things that don't matter yet and ignore important decisions like Hearts/ Gretna/ Rangers financial fair play and licences for years. PETRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makaveli
30-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Woefully unfair.

There was no need to commit to a venue now. It should have been Ibrox if Celtc make it, Parkhead if not.

If it was an OF final, worry about it then. Murrayfield? Newcastle? Who cares. FA Cup went to Cardiff when Wembley was out of commission.

This reeks of the SFA appeasing the hordes. "You can get both semis, you can get the final, everyone else can f*** off."

Mikey
30-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Surely it would have made sense to keep both Ibrox and Parkhead on standby for the Final and alternatives for the semis. If Celtic are in the final and The Rangers are not it should be at Ibrox not Parkhead. With regard to semis what if it is 2 clubs with smaller supports surely Easter Road should have been considered. Typical SFA to make decisions about things that don't matter yet and ignore important decisions like Hearts/ Gretna/ Rangers financial fair play and licences for years. PETRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed. If Celtic get as far as the final then it has to be played at Ibrox, and Rangers would have to play any semi at Parkhead in the unlikely event they get that far.

And if one of the semi's looks like attracting a crowd of no more than 20,000 then it should be at Easter Road.

It's basic stuff. Common sense oot the windae once again.

Spike Mandela
30-10-2013, 11:32 AM

That sounds too much like common sense. Using Murrayfield would make even more sense but the SFA have proven over the last few years that common sense is in short supply at Hampsen HQ.

clerriehibs
30-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Woefully unfair.

There was no need to commit to a venue now. It should have been Ibrox if Celtc make it, Parkhead if not.

If it was an OF final, worry about it then. Murrayfield? Newcastle? Who cares. FA Cup went to Cardiff when Wembley was out of commission.

This reeks of the SFA appeasing the hordes. "You can get both semis, you can get the final, everyone else can f*** off."

There's every need to book the venues now. These places also get used for stadium gigs, so no way would celtic or rangers give up one of them on the off chance of the sfa MAYBE using them in the spring. They also need to be retained in the likelihood of celticand the possibility of rangers reaching those stages.

Re murrayfield; it's **** for football. I'm ambivalent about the infirm or the egg chasers getting sfa rental money, but it IS football money which the SFA wouldn't want going out of the game (altho going out of the country via the infirm seems acceptable to them).

down-the-slope
30-10-2013, 11:48 AM
There's every need to book the venues now. These places also get used for stadium gigs, so no way would celtic or rangers give up one of them on the off chance of the sfa MAYBE using them in the spring. They also need to be retained in the likelihood of celticand the possibility of rangers reaching those stages.

Re murrayfield; it's **** for football. I'm ambivalent about the infirm or the egg chasers getting sfa rental money, but it IS football money which the SFA wouldn't want going out of the game (altho going out of the country via the infirm seems acceptable to them).
:agree: thus my comments...

Makaveli
30-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Parkhead and Ibrox aren't typically in use on Scottish Cup final weekend. I stand by the point that there was no need to pick one over the other almost seven months in advance.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Parkhead and Ibrox aren't typically in use on Scottish Cup final weekend. I stand by the point that there was no need to pick one over the other almost seven months in advance.

Bear in mind we are talking about an organisation that booked a gig at Hampden and forgot Scotland had a game that then had to be played at Celtic Park.

7 months is probably cutting it a bit fine for these incompetent idiots.

green glory
30-10-2013, 11:52 AM
It's to ensure Sevco get a cash injection, just when they're down to their last million.

And when you give to one of the stroppy kids you have to balance it up by giving to the other.

hibsfan7
30-10-2013, 11:54 AM
goo the last time we won the scottish cup it was at parkhead bring it on
GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hal Jordan
30-10-2013, 11:56 AM
...and against Celtc.

JimBHibees
30-10-2013, 11:58 AM

How do you work that out a full 67k Murrayfield Scottish cup final would IMO be an amazing occasion and also anyone in single digit rows would be able to see some of the action unlike at the hovel that is Hampden.

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Excellent news - the Glasgow clubs have suffered greatly in Scottish football from institutional basis, and it's wonderful to see the SFA finally taking a small, if belated, step towards ending this criminal injustice.

clerriehibs
30-10-2013, 12:43 PM
How do you work that out a full 67k Murrayfield Scottish cup final would IMO be an amazing occasion and also anyone in single digit rows would be able to see some of the action unlike at the hovel that is Hampden.

Anything with a running track is **** for any sport that doesn't involve track events.

And I happily include hampdump in that.

TRC
30-10-2013, 12:47 PM
The Scottish FA’s decision to play these ties at the home of Scotland’s most successful club underlines the fact that Ibrox remains one of European football’s elite arenas.

eh you've only won the one title pal easy Brain!

Brightside
30-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Where is the League Cup final / semi being played

Makaveli
30-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Where is the League Cup final / semi being played

For the semis I think it will depend who we get, assuming we beat Hearts... maybe Tannadice if it's against ICT or Aberdeen and Fir Park if someone else?

The other one will surely be at Easter Road.

Hibs Class
30-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Coincidence that this is announced the day after The Rangers get through to the Challenge Cup final? Raith are happy to play the final at any neutral venue, The Rangers supposedly want it at Ibrox as they would boycott any SPL venue.

Sergey
30-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Coming from a slightly different tact here, but a few years ago the Rugby League Challenge Cup final was played in Scotland. A tournament with every bit as much popularity in the UK than the Scottish Cup.

Why not use a suitable English ground? St James Park or Old Trafford aren't too far a jaunt and host alternative sports.

Just a passing thought...

Hibrandenburg
30-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Coming from a slightly different tact here, but a few years ago the Rugby League Challenge Cup final was played in Scotland. A tournament with every bit as much popularity in the UK than the Scottish Cup.

Why not use a suitable English ground? St James Park or Old Trafford aren't too far a jaunt and host alternative sports.

Remember what they did to Manchester?

dangermouse
30-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Sergey,

If you fancy a job working with the SFA you'll have to stop talking sensibly.

Bronson
30-10-2013, 02:10 PM
I see Celtic Park has been announced to host the SC final as Hampden is under renovation. As if they needed any more assistance in winning it, the SFA have went the extra mile to give them home advantage in the final should they make it, which they probably will.

Should be a neutral ground like Murrayfield or decide on a neutral venue after the two finalists are confirmed.

ekhibee
30-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Celtic Park is still the best stadium for football in Scotland (after ER of course). Personally I'd prefer it to Murrayfield, unless we get Celtic in the final. Just my opinion though.

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2013, 02:28 PM

There is.................wrong shaped ball and a different game. Lets keep the football in football stadiums and leave the egg chasing alone.

dangermouse
30-10-2013, 03:03 PM
There is.................wrong shaped ball and a different game. Lets keep the football in football stadiums and leave the egg chasing alone.

Was OK for FA cup final when Wembley was being re-developed.

Keith_M
30-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Seems a sensible decision.................. unless you end up playing one of them at their own ground

JimBHibees
30-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Excellent news - the Glasgow clubs have suffered greatly in Scottish football from institutional basis, and it's wonderful to see the SFA finally taking a small, if belated, step towards ending this criminal injustice.

Brilliant. :greengrin

Makaveli
30-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Seems a sensible decision.................. unless you end up playing one of them at their own ground

Or both! We could be looking at two away games in the semi and final.

JimBHibees
30-10-2013, 03:15 PM

I would say there is an 80% chance of Celtic getting a home game for a supposed neutral final which is nonsense.

PatHead
30-10-2013, 03:17 PM
I would say there is an 80% chance of Celtic getting a home game for a supposed neutral final which is nonsense.

whereas The Rangers have a 100% chance of a semi if they win the Ramsden (Scotland's Premier Trophy) Cup

Onion
30-10-2013, 03:18 PM

.... in which case the match should be moved - Celtic Park if it's the Huns, Hunbrox if it's Shellick. Or make it a 2 leg final - home and away.

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2013, 03:35 PM

As far as I am aware Rugby league fans in the main manage to resist the temptation to use the street and folks gardens as bogs and certainly dont abuse their hosts hospitality by running riot and trashing the place. Not sure the OF and especially supporters of The Rangers, most of whom used to follow the club formerly known as Rangers can make that claim.

They would be as welcome in an English city as a visit from the Luftwaffe.

As for the SFA ... How can they decide that the final will be at Parkhead given the fact that sellik will, barring a shock result, be in it. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Or for that matter that both semis will be at the home of The Rangers given that they probably have a decent chance of making it to the semis given a favourable draw.

I'm no expert on the rules of the competition but as far as I am aware the SFA can choose the venues for semis and finals as they see fit. But say for arguments sake it was us against The Rangers in a semi surely we would have the right to object to the tie being played at Ibrox. Or at least we would have in a sane world.

overdrive
30-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Would it not have made more sense to have the final at Ibrox? There is a far higher liklihood of Celtic getting to the final than Rangers.

davhibby
30-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Things like this will happen in other countries all the time, it was only a couple of years ago that Bayern supposedly had a "home" champions league final and look what happened in that. If we got celtic or rangers in the final/semi it would be a 50/50 split so I don't think it would really make a difference

Ozyhibby
30-10-2013, 03:49 PM
I've no problem with Celtic Park or Ibrox for the final but there is no way both semi's should be played there unless they involve Celtic in one and the new Rangers in the other.
Easter road is more than capable of hosting any other semi final and should have been chosen. We should be rewarded for the significant investment we have made in our infrastructure.

Iggy Pope
30-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Was OK for FA cup final when Wembley was being re-developed.

Brilliant retort DM. There was not a car radio safe in the Cardiff area in May 2001 or 2006!

southfieldhibby
30-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Celtic Park is still the best stadium for football in Scotland (after ER of course). Personally I'd prefer it to Murrayfield, unless we get Celtic in the final. Just my opinion though.

Ibrox is miles better than Parkhead.Access,view,policing...all better at Ibrox.Parkhead is a dump (imo)

Iggy Pope
30-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Ibrox is miles better than Parkhead.Access,view,policing...all better at Ibrox.Parkhead is a dump (imo)

Cannot disagree. Despise the Hun but visiting Ibrox is always a better (footballing) experience than Parkhead.
Atmosphere and facilities easily beat Celtic Park or whatever they are choosing to call the midden this week.

Both locations are dumps though. Can't really say I would advise a walk for the bus into town from either of them.

Iggy Pope
30-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Things like this will happen in other countries all the time, it was only a couple of years ago that Bayern supposedly had a "home" champions league final and look what happened in that. If we got celtic or rangers in the final/semi it would be a 50/50 split so I don't think it would really make a difference

Let's have it at Easter Road then.

.Sean.
30-10-2013, 05:59 PM
What a load of nonsense. 1, Weegie bias and 2, as anyone who's attended football there will verify, Celtic Park is a *****hole. Being a big stadium doesn't make it any better, just means it's an even bigger *****hole.

Keith_M
30-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I've been to Celtic Park for a Scotland match and sat in the North East corner, Upper Tier. I thought the stadium was OK, if nothing special.

Actually, my only complaint was there wasn't much space in the areas around the Refreshments, so queueing was a nightmare. Other than that had no problem with it.

Speedy
30-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Great news, are we not unbeaten in Scottish Cup finals at Celtic Park? :greengrin