PDA

View Full Version : Ramsdens Cup Final Venue: Easter Road?

Capt Mainwaring
29-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Raith Rovers - v - The Rangers

Hampden unavailable , Celtic unlikely to accommodate and Easter Road biggest and best Football Stadium outside Glasgow. Surely best venue to host

Nice bit of ground rental welcome. Any objections?

Saorsa
29-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Raith Rovers - v - The Rangers

Hampden unavailable , Celtic unlikely to accommodate and Easter Road biggest and best Football Stadium outside Glasgow. Surely best venue to host

Nice bit of ground rental welcome. Any objections?Personally speaking I object tae sharing the same planet as that pond life.

Glory Lurker
29-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I've heard Rangers fans saying it'll be at ER, but no idea what that's based on. Happy to take the rent.

SMAXXA
29-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Anyone know how much rent we would actually,get?

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Personally speaking I object tae sharing the same planet as that pond life.

Don't want them anywhere near our stadium. Football supporters only, please.

clerriehibs
29-10-2013, 10:53 PM
If not this, there will be other occasions, possibly involving the **** from across the city - so what measures could the club take to protect the east stand tiles?

Glory Lurker
29-10-2013, 10:56 PM
If not this, there will be other occasions, possibly involving the **** from across the city - so what measures could the club take to protect the east stand tiles?

Hang on, that's a seriously good point that I'd forgotten about. I hope the club do have a plan there.

Capt Mainwaring
29-10-2013, 10:57 PM

Fence it off, surround it with armed Mercenaries and deduct the costs from the gate receipts! :wink:

Pretty Boy
29-10-2013, 11:32 PM

100% this.

Wakeyhibee
29-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Rugby Park, no objection to Raith but don't want that lot at ER en masse in our stands. I know Raith would object about wrong side of Glasgow for neutrality but since when did that count when the OF are involved.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Happy with the income if it happens.

If any damage is done then it'll come out of their pocket so nothing to worry about.

monktonharp
30-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Happy with the income if it happens.

If any damage is done then it'll come out of their pocket so nothing to worry about.not happy with the income, if it comes. the people that live in the colonies will be equally unhappy. too many buckie bottles in their gairdens. end of.

adhibs
30-10-2013, 04:40 AM
would be sick seeing they *******s in our stadium. send them to kilie

scoopyboy
30-10-2013, 06:02 AM
It will be at Ibrox, Raith want the cash.

007 Mickey Weir
30-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Why can't it be Celtic park?

Brooster
30-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Easter Road is the front runner according to this article but I cant help thinking it will be played somewhere in Glasgow. Good revenue for Hibs if it is played at Easter road.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/easter-road-may-host-raith-rovers-ramsdens-cup-final-1.146741

Killiehibbie
30-10-2013, 07:16 AM
What's wrong with them playing at Murrayfield?

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2013, 07:32 AM

What have Raith Rovers ever done to us :greengrin

pacorosssco
30-10-2013, 07:38 AM

I agree and Raith are all huns to boot. Everybody wins game

Www1875hfc
30-10-2013, 07:58 AM

Very good point Clerriehibs, would like to think Hibs will be made aware of this as well.

Can just imagine the west coast vermin not taking to kindly to the tiles on view. Sad really.

mutley
30-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Happy with the income if it happens.If any damage is done then it'll come out of their pocket so nothing to worry about.This for me. Any income is better than no income. Any damage comes out of their cut and as we have millions of G4S, then at the start and the end of the match, 1 of them at each section of the east stand stones shold be enough to look after them.That, and it would really noise up the yams knowing we are getting more cash for pretty much nothing

Jones28
30-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Would take the the cash tbh, it's one of the perks of having a modern stadium, so why not take advantage?

pacorosssco
30-10-2013, 08:20 AM
This for me. Any income is better than no income. Any damage comes out of their cut and as we have millions of G4S, then at the start and the end of the match, 1 of them at each section of the east stand stones shold be enough to look after them.That, and it would really noise up the yams knowing we are getting more cash for pretty much nothing

I wish they would put up some sort of plastic covering over finished sections should be hard to do and replaceable every year. I would even happily pay towards whatever cost.

LancsHibs
30-10-2013, 08:22 AM

Rovers fans in the East Stand?

john18722
30-10-2013, 10:30 AM

On what evidence do you base that opinion?

The Baldmans Comb
30-10-2013, 10:38 AM
What in the name of god is the Ramsdens Cup?

Sounds like a contrived dreamt up competition for the wee diddy teams.... Mnnnn wait a minute:wink:

JimBHibees
30-10-2013, 10:45 AM

Ridiculous comment.

3pm
30-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Very good point Clerriehibs, would like to think Hibs will be made aware of this as well.

Can just imagine the west coast vermin not taking to kindly to the tiles on view. Sad really.

I spoke to Petrie about this when they were unveiled. They can be protected so should be fine.

hibsmad
30-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I would personally rather that they didn't win their first ever trophy at our stadium.

Could be a huge day in the very short life of that horrible club.

ALF TUPPER
30-10-2013, 11:15 AM
As Mother Theresa used to say , " I dont want that **** shower of biggoted halfbreeds anywhere near my beloved Easter Road".

True :greengrin

Keith_M
30-10-2013, 03:43 PM
As Mother Theresa used to say , " I dont want that **** shower of biggoted halfbreeds anywhere near my beloved Easter Road".

True :greengrin

That's not true.

She mostly spoke Hindi so she would have said:

मैं नहीं चाहता कि मेरे पास कहीं नस् उत्तरार्द्घ बरसाती मतान्ध लोगों के प्रिय ईस्टर रोड

:wink:

ALF TUPPER
30-10-2013, 03:45 PM
That's not true.

She mostly spoke Hindi so she would have said:

मैं नहीं चाहता कि मेरे पास कहीं नस् उत्तरार्द्घ बरसाती मतान्ध लोगों के प्रिय ईस्टर रोड

:wink:

:thumbsup: :agree: Aye .... that'll be right enuff

Thecat23
30-10-2013, 03:46 PM
@BarryAnderson_8: #Hibs' Easter Road Stadium will stage the Ramsdens Cup final between #Raith Rovers & #Rangers.

AndyM_1875
30-10-2013, 03:54 PM

What a stupid comment.

Raith Rovers are a fine old club.

Keith_M
30-10-2013, 04:11 PM
@BarryAnderson_8: #Hibs' Easter Road Stadium will stage the Ramsdens Cup final between #Raith Rovers & #Rangers.

Aye, but that's Barry "million pound from Wonga" Anderson.

I'll wait until I hear it from a proper reporter.

3pm
30-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Happy with the cash.

Bristolhibby
30-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Confirmed on Sky Sports News.

J

nribs
30-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Confirmed on Sky Sports News.

J
Anyone know how much Hibs would get for hosting the Final?

GavinHarris 10
30-10-2013, 04:39 PM
A little bit extra cash can't be that bad! Hopefully a fumigator comes after the game though!

Hibernia Na Eir
30-10-2013, 08:26 PM
watch our stadium get trashed from the flutes and drum people.

I fear a mess. I honestly do.

I fancy volunteering to steward that day ;-).

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2013, 11:21 PM
petrie will be very glad for the income that this will bring in, because the income from walk-up's are gonna dwindle now

SouthamptonHibs
31-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Delighted we are getting the income we will need it, after all we are a business not a football team, the success of Hibs depends on the accounts being positive this season, the guys at the top don't lose to much sleep over our results performances league position or current quality in the squad, tonight will be seen as a good day = some future revenue confirmed hail hail

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 03:52 AM
Delighted we are getting the income we will need it, after all we are a business not a football team, the success of Hibs depends on the accounts being positive this season, the guys at the top don't lose to much sleep over our results performances league position or current quality in the squad, tonight will be seen as a good day = some future revenue confirmed hail hail

:singing:
hail hail the books are clear!
all for cash and revenue!
all for cash and revenue!

Auckland Hibs
31-10-2013, 10:29 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2480412/Rangers-Raith-Rovers-Ramsdens-Cup-Final-Easter-Road.html

Confirmed that ER will hold the final.

Any idea on how much we will make out of it?

stoneyburn hibs
31-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Had a giggle watching McCoist commenting on the venue choice on STV.
Said he was surprised that it wasnt Tynecastle due to their financial troubles but i have no problem with it being ER, really i have no problem with having to go there.
Seething at having to go to a green stadium.

monktonharp
31-10-2013, 11:29 PM
This for me. Any income is better than no income. Any damage comes out of their cut and as we have millions of G4S, then at the start and the end of the match, 1 of them at each section of the east stand stones shold be enough to look after them.That, and it would really noise up the yams knowing we are getting more cash for pretty much nothingI would not like to see The Rangers, fans in our stadium, and I am also totally opposed to any more money being made by a company like G4S. with all respect to the young lads/aulder fellas that do the match day duties for them, they are a multi-national company which have been involved in all sorts of anti-union, and ultra right wing activity over the years. Palestine being an example. when are people going to get a grip of what goes on in this world? we complain on here about the likes of the huns,and diet huns but there are more problems than that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2480412/Rangers-Raith-Rovers-Ramsdens-Cup-Final-Easter-Road.html

Confirmed that ER will hold the final.

Any idea on how much we will make out of it?not much, I hope. integrity is more valuble than money, as is life. In this case, if the security company take a hit, i'll be well pleased.canny see them losing cash though

Happy with the cash.
cash is king eh. jump off a balcony

Auckland Hibs
01-11-2013, 04:13 AM
not much, I hope. integrity is more valuble than money, as is life

You hope we don't make much money out of holding the Final? :rolleyes:

CB_NO3
01-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Great, 17k Zombies pissing in doorways and so on, in and around the Leith area. Think ill book a day trip somewhere that day.

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Said it would have been fairer if Tynecastle was used, for the Ramsdens Cup Final. Hearts need the money.

Proof, if ever any were needed, that we get no credit at all for building a facility suitable for big games. Nice, to be nice Ally, but even nicer to be fair.

One team blew cash on players, and ended up with nothing to show for it. One club controlled its budget, and also has nothing to show for it, apparently.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Ally McCoist has a face i would never tire of punching (preferably in a cowardly way from the side whilst he was looking the other way).

Total ringpiece.

ScottB
01-11-2013, 07:42 AM
I would suspect he's just playing up to the bigoted hordes who won't enjoy our green surroundings.

Hiber-nation
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM

You going to elaborate on that total nonsense?

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
What a stupid comment.

Raith Rovers are a fine old club.

My experience of that bit of Fife was that there were a lot of true Rovers fans in Kirkcaldy itself. Outside Kirkcaldy you had mostly OF fans, who sometimes had the the Rovers as their wee team.

CB_NO3
01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Great, 17k Zombies pissing in doorways and so on, in and around the Leith area. Think ill book a day trip somewhere that day.

chrisski33
01-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Talk of the scottish league cup semis being held at ER now

steve75
01-11-2013, 10:39 AM
My experience of that bit of Fife was that there were a lot of true Rovers fans in Kirkcaldy itself. Outside Kirkcaldy you had mostly OF fans, who sometimes had the the Rovers as their wee team.

:agree: Kirkcaldy town centre is just The Rangers strip after The Rangers strip after The Rangers strip.

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
:agree: Kirkcaldy town centre is just The Rangers strip after The Rangers strip after The Rangers strip.

True, but you see the occasional Rovers merchandise being worn. Unfair to call Rovers fans Huns, because it seems like a hard place to support your home town team.

LeithBoozy
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Ally McCoist, why not take the Final to Tynecastle ? =Because its a ****hole, would be the quick answer :wink:.

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Ally McCoist, why not take the Final to Tynecastle ? =Because its a ****hole, would be the quick answer :wink:.

Or because you have already said you want as big a capacity ground as possible? The man doesn't know what he's saying.

LeithBoozy
01-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Or because you have already said you want as big a capacity ground as possible? The man doesn't know what he's saying.

That's for sure mate, mind you the more I think about it they might have to put-up the sold out signs for the Final. Lets face it there are more Gers fans in Edinburgh than there is in Glasgow! :wink: