PDA

View Full Version : Folk Sitting In Your Seat

Emerald
29-10-2013, 05:28 PM
I've noticed it seems to be a growing trend lately that folk arrive in the East stand and sit anywhere they like before being moved on by the ST holder that bought that seat, usually to another seat that has been taken to be moved on again. Tomorrow the East is full and I would remind everyone that their ticket has a seat number. Keep out of other folks seats especially mine ......or I'll go ape. :grr:

Leishy1995
29-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Happened to me at the Malmo game, a guy sat in one of our seats and sat their whilst people next to us complained we were to far along. Eventually he moved without saying a word.

When it's full people shouldn't be so easy going about where they sit.

Emerald
29-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Happened to me at the Malmo game, a guy sat in one of our seats and sat their whilst people next to us complained we were to far along. Eventually he moved without saying a word.

When it's full people shouldn't be so easy going about where they sit.

I went to the bog on Saturday and when I came back my son said someone just sat on my seat next to him without a word, he moved him on. Can't even go for a pash :confused:

Leishy1995
29-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I went to the bog on Saturday and when I came back my son said someone just sat on my seat next to him without a word, he moved him on. Can't even go for a pash :confused:

I noticed the march derby half the people in sect 43 were standing like cattle at half time, nobody had a seat. It's not as important when it's not full but still no excuse

hibby rae
29-10-2013, 05:39 PM
At a derby a few years back (either the 2-0 Jankauskas red or 2-1 Benji winner) a couple of guys were sat a row or two infront. Once the game began a couple other guys came in and moved them. It was only after they'd walked past they realised they'd got Keith Wright to move!

Emerald
29-10-2013, 05:41 PM
At a derby a few years back (either the 2-0 Jankauskas red or 2-1 Benji winner) a couple of guys were sat a row or two infront. Once the game began a couple other guys came in and moved them. It was only after they'd walked past they realised they'd got Keith Wright to move!

I'll be moving Keith Wright onto the pitch if I see him. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Seems to be beyond most peoples capabilities not to sit on a seat reserved for someone else on a train too, really does my head in! Its not rocket surgery! ;-)

monktonharp
29-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I've noticed it seems to be a growing trend lately that folk arrive in the East stand and sit anywhere they like before being moved on by the ST holder that bought that seat, usually to another seat that has been taken to be moved on again. Tomorrow the East is full and I would remind everyone that their ticket has a seat number. Keep out of other folks seats especially mine ......or I'll go ape. :grr:better be early, i'm sitting there.....good view anaw!:wink:

Emerald
29-10-2013, 05:53 PM
better be early, i'm sitting there.....good view anaw!:wink:

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
29-10-2013, 05:56 PM
A well know poster from here was in my seat for the Stranraer cup game

PatHead
29-10-2013, 06:03 PM
A well know poster from here was in my seat for the Stranraer cup game

Who could that be? I think he moved at half time though and sat in another season ticket holders seat....that boy still moaning behind you?

Chuck Rhoades
29-10-2013, 06:11 PM
What's the issue? If someone is in your seat ask them politely to more? Sure any decent person would.

A lot seem to fire into the top of Section 43 that don't have their seats there. We've been told there will be additional stewards at both sides of the section tomorrow. Should help.

Happened at other Yam matches in the past.

Emerald
29-10-2013, 06:15 PM
What's the issue? If someone is in your seat ask them politely to more? Sure any decent person would.

A lot seem to fire into the top of Section 43 that don't have their seats there. We've been told there will be additional stewards at both sides of the section tomorrow. Should help.

Happened at other Yam matches in the past.

A few weeks back another guy was sitting in one of our seats and when asked to move he said something like "its not exactly full is it". You pay a lot of money to buy a season ticket of your choice in a good area, why should folk just assume they can sit in your seat. They bought a ticket for another area not my seat. Its infuriating, their ticket has a seat number on it, sit in it.

Chuck Rhoades
29-10-2013, 06:17 PM
A few weeks back another guy was sitting in one of our seats and when asked to move he said something like "its not exactly full is it". You pay a lot of money to buy a season ticket of your choice in a good area, why should folk just assume they can sit in your seat. They bought a ticket for another area not my seat. Its infuriating, their ticket has a seat number on it, sit in it.

Can see why people want to head up to where the atmosphere is, as PATG you can't select your seat.

However, in your case, if you ask someone to move out your seat, they should move. End of.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Yeh ... I hate that. The first season we had tickets in the new East we turned up for a match to find folk sitting in our seats. They were very nice about when we asked them to move. In fact so nice they were kind enough to point out that we were in the right row, but the wrong section :embarrass

Billy Whizz
29-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Who could that be? I think he moved at half time though and sat in another season ticket holders seat....that boy still moaning behind you?

Ha ha. I was very polite about it though!
And yes they are, were at after 30 seconds on Saturday

Ozyhibby
29-10-2013, 06:22 PM
I sometimes buy my boys ticket separately from mine if I decide at the last minute to take him. As it's a hassle at the pod to try and get seats together I usually just make sure he in the same stand as me then just find a couple of seats together. With up 10,000 spare seats at some games (thanks, Pat) it's never been a problem.
If there is a devilishly handsome 42 tearing with a 7 year old sitting in your seats one day, it's probably us, just politely let us know and we will happily move.

Piqué
29-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Feel free to sit in mine, I've not made it to a game yet! 21st of December though, steer clear that day I might just make it!

Emerald
29-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Feel free to sit in mine, I've not made it to a game yet! 21st of December though, steer clear that day I might just make it!

Lets just hope there's not thousands more empty seats after tomorrow, being packed is a nice problem to have. :agree:

One Day Soon
29-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I stood up at the Malmo game to shout at the linesman and when I sat down three people were fighting to get an ar5e cheek on my seat.

Emerald
29-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I stood up at the Malmo game to shout at the linesman and when I sat down three people were fighting to get an ar5e cheek on my seat.

There's usually three folk trying to get an £rse out of my seat :greengrin

Dunderhall
29-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Better get my seat, hid the smoke bombs down the back at the Aberdeen game. :cb

stoneyburn hibs
29-10-2013, 06:34 PM

Sure it wasnt a seat on your ar5e cheek ? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-10-2013, 07:52 PM

To which you replied "wont take you long to find another seat then, will it?" :greengrin

patch1875
29-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Get the reserved stickers back on.

Emerald
29-10-2013, 07:58 PM
To which you replied "wont take you long to find another seat then, will it?" :greengrin

I did but I dont like getting cheek when trying to justify sitting in my seat. A polite sorry would have done. He was no youngster either.

iwasthere1972
29-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I had to move four times at our home game with Celtic back in January. Wonder if that's a record. :greengrin

derekduval
29-10-2013, 08:06 PM
I would quite like to see no fixed seats in the east just a first come first served. Obviously this might upset season ticket holders as it's one of the few perks but would get folks in early and I quite like floating about like the old days of terracing where if someone was getting on your tits you could just move along a bit.

Thoughts??

Jonnyboy
29-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I did but I dont like getting cheek when trying to justify sitting in my seat. A polite sorry would have done. He was no youngster either.

Some folk are just plain ignorant. Sad but true :agree:

aunty joyce
29-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I would quite like to see no fixed seats in the east just a first come first served. Obviously this might upset season ticket holders as it's one of the few perks but would get folks in early and I quite like floating about like the old days of terracing where if someone was getting on your tits you could just move along a bit.

Thoughts??

Sorry Derek but as a season ticket holder it would certainly upset me . . . I make a commitment before we know where we'll finish in the league, infact in the season before last I did so before we even knew what league we would be playing in, this is NOT something I would do if I could not guarantee my own seat. Irrespective of how we are playing the Club still gets my money every month whether I chose to go to the games or not (which incidentally I always do).

jgl07
29-10-2013, 08:53 PM

Thoughts??

Crap idea. What happens when a group of six arrive and all they can find is odd seats here and there?

What might work is a couple of unreserved blocks in each stand where no season tickets would be sold.

It works like that on the trains to London.

weecounty hibby
29-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Bring back terracing!!!!!!!!!!

derekduval
29-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Crap idea. What happens when a group of six arrive and all they can find is odd seats here and there?

What might work is a couple of unreserved blocks in each stand where no season tickets would be sold.

It works like that on the trains to London.

Hey jgl07 the group of 6 have 3 options arrive early, sit on their own, or charm people to budget up (we are one big family after all).
This is how it is at the cinema but I get your point.

Aunty Joyce as a season ticket holder yours is a valued opinion - would you consider moving to a fixed seat in another stand???

Tyler Durden
29-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Hey jgl07 the group of 6 have 3 options arrive early, sit on their own, or charm people to budget up (we are one big family after all).
This is how it is at the cinema but I get your point.

Aunty Joyce as a season ticket holder yours is a valued opinion - would you consider moving to a fixed seat in another stand???

It's actually not at a number of cinemas who work on the basis of allocated seats - people seem to struggle to follow simple instructions there too.

The Green Goblin
29-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Could people put adhesive stickers with their names on the seats once they have their STs? Just a thought

mcvie7
29-10-2013, 10:11 PM

You must sit in the east I seen it happen. Row M ish. Cheeky get just sat down ha

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Could people put adhesive stickers with their names on the seats once they have their STs? Just a thought

The simple answer is for folk to read their ticket before planking their arse. Where I sit in the F5 there's folk moving about every week after sitting in the wrong seat - usually after the game's started so they block my view.

derekduval
29-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Not in another stand as I like the East and I have an excellent seat (which I've had since the stand opened), I think the suggestion of a section/sections being allocated strictly for non-season ticket holders but obviously some people would have to move irrespective of which section you chose. I guess the easiest way would have to be the sections which currently hold the least Season Tickets - there is also the other option of the Non-season ticket sections being in another stand.

Good points. This should have been done when the stand opened. Think this is one for lwt to take forward. One other problem could be the police as they probably like the fact they can identify most people in each seat.

matty_f
29-10-2013, 10:42 PM
The simple answer is for folk to read their ticket before planking their arse. Where I sit in the F5 there's folk moving about every week after sitting in the wrong seat - usually after the game's started so they block my view.

:agree: really basic concept that requires the minimum thought to figure out. Quite how some folk find it such a challenge is beyond me.

Thecat23
29-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Thankfully never had an issue with folk in my seat. But as we're all season ticket holders where I am I think that helps as we all know everyone. Also I sit next to a good bunch of folk. Actually if it wasn't for the guy who I sit next to to keep me calm I'd have Prob thrown myself over the barrier by now and got banned :D Got a couple of clowns couple rows back though but I wouldn't move seats if you doubled the money for it.

Saorsa
29-10-2013, 10:53 PM
I've noticed it seems to be a growing trend lately that folk arrive in the East stand and sit anywhere they like before being moved on by the ST holder that bought that seat, usually to another seat that has been taken to be moved on again. Tomorrow the East is full and I would remind everyone that their ticket has a seat number. Keep out of other folks seats especially mine ......or I'll go ape. :grr::agree: People just by tickets for the east and think they can just sit anywhere particularly in 43, I've had tae move folk on from our seats often. Sit in yer ain ****in' seats, the ones on yer tickets:grr:

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2013, 11:05 PM
We are setting off at 12 tomorrow, if it goes like other buses we've run Boltonhibs will be laying along 4 or 5 seats tomorrow come kick off time. :wink:

Jones28
29-10-2013, 11:52 PM
I admit to being one of these people. Me and a mate went to the east on Saturday and were asked to move twice, which we did. If you're civil about it then I don't see what the big deal is.

SteveHFC
29-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Thankfully never had an issue with folk in my seat. But as we're all season ticket holders where I am I think that helps as we all know everyone. Also I sit next to a good bunch of folk. Actually if it wasn't for the guy who I sit next to to keep me calm I'd have Prob thrown myself over the barrier by now and got banned :D

No surprise there mate :duck:

Saorsa
29-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I admit to being one of these people. Me and a mate went to the east on Saturday and were asked to move twice, which we did. If you're civil about it then I don't see what the big deal is.What's wrong with the seat you had on your ticket? Why no just sit in that? You wouldnae have tae move and other folk wouldnae have tae bother asking you either.

PatHead
30-10-2013, 12:08 AM
If you buy a ticket on the day you don't get much of a choice of seats. If everyone stood at the pods taking ages to choose seats and the queue would be halfway along Albion Road. If you have a crap seat and the stand is half empty why shouldn't you move to what you think is an empty seat?

davhibby
30-10-2013, 12:14 AM
If you're desperate for a good seat, buy you're ticket in advance. If you turn up on the day, take what you're given. Simples

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 12:18 AM
If you buy a ticket on the day you don't get much of a choice of seats. If everyone stood at the pods taking ages to choose seats and the queue would be halfway along Albion Road. If you have a crap seat and the stand is half empty why shouldn't you move to what you think is an empty seat?Because they generally tend tae move tae the busier parts of the ground where the seats are unlikely tae be empty. I go tae the fitba with a group, we buy season ticket seats together so we can sit together every week and we can do without have tae move other people on, there are some folk who dinnae like being asked tae move and it can cause hassle. Tickets and seats have a numbers for a reason, if you want a decent seat buy early otherwise take what you get, why should ST holders have tae keep moving folk out of their seats when they shouldnae be there in the 1st place..

VivaHiberña
30-10-2013, 12:24 AM
What's wrong with the seat you had on your ticket? Why no just sit in that? You wouldnae have tae move and other folk wouldnae have tae bother asking you either.

I normally PATG, but the guy I normally go with has a ST. Thankfully the games I've gone to with him this season there has been no one in the seat next to his, but my point is that I'm sure there are plenty folk who want to sit together but aren't given the tickets for it. If someone ever did ask me to move I would but I don't see why it's such a huge issue.

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 12:29 AM
I normally PATG, but the guy I normally go with has a ST. Thankfully the games I've gone to with him this season there has been no one in the seat next to his, but my point is that I'm sure there are plenty folk who want to sit together but aren't given the tickets for it. If someone ever did ask me to move I would but I don't see why it's such a huge issue.That's you, I've seen others that dinnae want tae move and I've seen it lead tae heated arguments usually having tae be sorted out by stewards, why should people who pay up front for a seat for the season have tae put up with that? When I turn up tae the fitba I expect tae be able tae sit in the seat I have paid for without any kind of hassle or having tae move folk on.

Pete
30-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Every time we go to take our seats there is always this very small boy sitting in one of them. The seat next to ours on the other side is always empty (even though it has been purchased) so we can always sit together, just shoved along one seat.
If this phantom season ticket holder ever turns up I'm going to feel a bit awkward.

Having names on seats would help. It doesn't have to be a brass plaque, just a sticker would do.

Waxy
30-10-2013, 07:27 AM
I remember years ago before the east was seated.I went for a half time splash and when i came back a dude was standing in my spot.I didn't bother.
Bring back standing.

Brightside
30-10-2013, 07:40 AM
The tickets are clearly marked with Seat numbers. If you are sitting in another seat you are AT IT. Sit in your own seat and stop being a plum. :greengrin

wearethehibs
30-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I personally think row CC back in Section 43 should just be a free for all. I actually quite like it when its fuller than it should be, it seems to create a better atmosphere. Btw Im not saying if you're in someones seat you shouldn't move if you're asked. But most people in that area are like minded and will prob just allow you to stand in the row anyway.

What I don't get is people that buy tickets in this area and they seem to be annoyed that there's people around them who dare to be having fun.

Im jealous of all you older guys that were brought up on terracing.

dangermouse
30-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Spare a thought for us in the west lower near the FF stand. When row A was removed for the widening of the pitch the club deemed the importance of putting row numbers on the steps as very low. Every week there is confusion with people sitting in the wrong seats as they are not aware there is no row A. If its someone I don't know about to get into the row I sit in (I sit in an aisle seat) I always point out which row it actually is so they don't have to move later.

mutley
30-10-2013, 08:54 AM
In the East I see this most times, people wandering about around 10 mins before kick off looking for good seats, only to be hoofed out of them when the ST holder turns up. I understand people want to sit with there mates. To me it's common sense that most of the central seats will be ST, if you arrive with a group then you should look at the end sections which are usually empty. Granted the view isn't as good but you will be guarenteed to all get together. The West has always had big empty sections. If I was going in a large group that's where I'd go.

Jones28
30-10-2013, 09:00 AM
What's wrong with the seat you had on your ticket? Why no just sit in that? You wouldnae have tae move and other folk wouldnae have tae bother asking you either.

It wasn't the best seat. Tbh I wasn't expecting it be as busy as it was on Saturday, and had I known it was I would've saved myself (and others) the hassle and moved.

I will always move seats if asked, why people would cause hassle because they're in the wrong seat is beyond me.

down-the-slope
30-10-2013, 09:04 AM
:agree: really basic concept that requires the minimum thought to figure out. Quite how some folk find it such a challenge is beyond me.

Obviously not though - the number that go in wrong row - or more commonly go along a row making 15/ 20 stand up...only to 'work out' that they are going the wrong way numbers wise to turn round and get those same people to stand up again as they return...cross Aisle and they start off past another 15/20 people...

and while we are at it...what about those with a bladder the size of a hamster...those who can't last 7 minutes without eating....those who turn up late as a large group...but come up to seats singly separated by a minute each:grr:

Teo10
30-10-2013, 09:07 AM
:agree: People just by tickets for the east and think they can just sit anywhere particularly in 43, I've had tae move folk on from our seats often. Sit in yer ain ****in' seats, the ones on yer tickets:grr:

I was invited up and moved along to let you in!!!!:greengrin

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 09:09 AM
It wasn't the best seat. Tbh I wasn't expecting it be as busy as it was on Saturday, and had I known it was I would've saved myself (and others) the hassle and moved.

I will always move seats if asked, why people would cause hassle because they're in the wrong seat is beyond me.As I said tae the poster above that may be how you behave but some react in a different manner, particularly when they turn up full of it. If you want a decent seat buy early, either way folk should sit in their ain seats and no other peoples.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I remember years ago before the east was seated.I went for a half time splash and when i came back a dude was standing in my spot.I didn't bother.
Bring back standing.

Aye but if that's the case can the two dudes around 6'4 with the baseball caps (the right way round) who stood around row S towards the aisle to the right of halfway in the East do me a favour ;)

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I was invited up and moved along to let you in!!!!:greengrin

If he wants tae invite you up again you can sit on his knee. :greengrin When Hibs are at ER I'll be the one at my seat. :wink:

Ozyhibby
30-10-2013, 09:14 AM
What a bunch of moaning faced gits we are.

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 09:17 AM
What a bunch of moaning faced gits we are.Really! Folk who pay hundreds of pounds for seats expect tae be able tae sit in them without any hassle, imagine that, what a nerve. :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
30-10-2013, 09:18 AM
What a bunch of moaning faced gits we are.

This is just some warming up light stretching exercises .....

If we get the wrong result tonight then you will really see Olympic moaning.....:agree:

s.a.m
30-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Every time we go to take our seats there is always this very small boy sitting in one of them. The seat next to ours on the other side is always empty (even though it has been purchased) so we can always sit together, just shoved along one seat.
If this phantom season ticket holder ever turns up I'm going to feel a bit awkward.

Having names on seats would help. It doesn't have to be a brass plaque, just a sticker would do.

In the days of the old main stand, season-ticket seats had a 'reserved' sticker on them. As someone else said:
:protest: BRING BACK THE STICKERS!

Incidentally, when we were at Tynecastle for the semi-final against St J., they had season ticket holders' names on their seats. Don't think that's necessary, but an indication of some sort that the seat is taken saves hassle for everyone.

Bristolhibby
30-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Am I being thick here, but what about sticking the RESERVED stickers on ST holders seats, like they used to do in the old East?

J

Pretty Boy
30-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Not sure there's any need for stickers etc.

Just sit in your allocated seat, nice and simple for all concerned.

s.a.m
30-10-2013, 09:35 AM

And so it should be. But it seems to be beyond some folk to do that, which means that those of us who have paid up-front to sit in our chosen seat, with friends, relatives etc.. regularly have to justify wanting to sit in said chosen seat

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2013, 09:37 AM
On one occasion a couple of seasons ago four strangers appeared in front of us in regular ST holders seats, once the ST holders arrived the strangers were adamant that they were in the correct seats and asked to see the ST's of the other folk. They then produced their own tickets to show they were in the correct row and the correct seats but...........................the wrong stand :greengrin Then complained to the steward about how they had been directed to the wrong stand.

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 09:42 AM
This is just some warming up light stretching exercises .....

If we get the wrong result tonight then you will really see Olympic moaning.....:agree:Dinnae mention the wrong result, dinnae even think it :tsk tsk:

Think only of the right result. :pray: :agree:

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2013, 09:46 AM

I agree no need for stickers but the club could help especially in the West by ensuring all seats are numbered and rows have the letters clearly marked on the steps, some have been missing for years and never replaced.

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2013, 09:53 AM
'kin booooooooooo the seat thieves

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2013, 09:56 AM

although it was just a quick glance, i'm positive i saw Keith wright in sect 39 on saturday :hmmm:

Bristolhibby
30-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Well as someone who doesn't have a ST the stickers helped me in the old East.

Don't know why you are all so against an idea that would solve most if the problems that the OP has.

Stickers cost about 5p at most. 8,000 ST's x 5p = £400.

Jobs a good'un.

J

hibbysam
30-10-2013, 10:18 AM
The club said two seasons ago I think that section 43 and 44 were basically a sit where you want, now I can't remember seeing anything different... As people said I don't see the problem at smaller games where there is literally hundreds of empty seats... All it takes is to say to someone very politely, that it is your seat! I've never ever sat in my season ticket seat that i've had since the East opened and only once or twice sat in someones seat, because I like anyone else enjoy sitting with friends... How hard can it be?

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 10:23 AM
The club said two seasons ago I think that section 43 and 44 were basically a sit where you want, now I can't remember seeing anything different... As people said I don't see the problem at smaller games where there is literally hundreds of empty seats... All it takes is to say to someone very politely, that it is your seat! I've never ever sat in my season ticket seat that i've had since the East opened and only once or twice sat in someones seat, because I like anyone else enjoy sitting with friends... How hard can it be?Aye, selling folk seats and then telling other they can sit where they want, I doubt it. Where and when did they say this, sounds like nonsense tae me.

Ozyhibby
30-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Really! Folk who pay hundreds of pounds for seats expect tae be able tae sit in them without any hassle, imagine that, what a nerve. :rolleyes:

If someone is giving you hassle over your seat then that is different. What was it? Square go? Verbal abuse?

cloudy
30-10-2013, 10:45 AM
I might be reading this thread wrong but tonight isn't a ST game and ST holders had enough time to buy a ticket for tonight's game and choose ther own seat, if they failed to take up that option they can't complain if someone is in ther seat tonight... sorry if I've misread the situation

Geo_1875
30-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I might be reading this thread wrong but tonight isn't a ST game and ST holders had enough time to buy a ticket for tonight's game and choose ther own seat, if they failed to take up that option they can't complain if someone is in ther seat tonight... sorry if I've misread the situation

I've no problem with that but I've got the cup top up and I can guarantee there will be someone in my seat when I get there 10 minutes after kick-off.

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 10:54 AM
If someone is giving you hassle over your seat then that is different. What was it? Square go? Verbal abuse?I've had a bit of lip of some folk I've moved previously before they've moved anyway. I've seen heated arguments nearly coming tae blows around me a few times. The point is it shouldnae be happening period, folk should be sitting in their own seats. End of story as far as I'm concerned, I pay for a seat and expect tae sit in it without having tae move anybody out of it first.

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I might be reading this thread wrong but tonight isn't a ST game and ST holders had enough time to buy a ticket for tonight's game and choose ther own seat, if they failed to take up that option they can't complain if someone is in ther seat tonight... sorry if I've misread the situationIt's no just about cup games, it's about all games. Anyway some folk have the cup top up and their same seats.

mutley
30-10-2013, 10:59 AM
I've had a bit of lip of some folk I've moved previously before they've moved anyway. I've seen heated arguments nearly coming tae blows around me a few times. The point is it shouldnae be happening period, folk should be sitting in their own seats. End of story as far as I'm concerned, I pay for a seat and expect tae sit in it without having tae move anybody out of it first.Absolutely doen't matter if you are A ST holder or not, whatever ticket you buy, it has a seat section, row and number on it, and that's where you should sit.

Heedersnvolleys
30-10-2013, 11:06 AM
although it was just a quick glance, i'm positive i saw Keith wright in sect 39 on saturday :hmmm:

Yeah he was just a couple of rows behind where we sit!

I think it is all down to Hibs not being ambitious enough again ;-) , restricting the sing section to 1 section of the stand???? I think there is a need for a name change so it includes a larger area and then that would stop the desperation of everyone trying to cram into 1 section of the stand and it may make others outwith this section feel included and you never know they may even join in ;-)

Brightside
Well as someone who doesn't have a ST the stickers helped me in the old East.

Don't know why you are all so against an idea that would solve most if the problems that the OP has.

Stickers cost about 5p at most. 8,000 ST's x 5p = £400.

Jobs a good'un.

J

If you can't read the Seat Number on a ticket whats the chance of you reading a sticker on a seat.

wearethehibs
Some people saying, your seat number is on your ticket so its easy, just sit in that seat.

Now wouldn't it be easier to not have seat numbers and you can then pick where you want to sit when you enter the stand, even easier imo.

Might even help the atmosphere as people might get in the stand earlier.

SunshineOnLeith
30-10-2013, 11:11 AM
I always just walk up to the East and pay at the pod, and invariably get a ticket for a seat up in a corner somewhere. So I just sit where there's space, and if it turns out I'm in someone else's seat, I apologise and move to another free seat nearby.

Exception being when there's a big crowd like tonight, where I'll go to my ticketed seat.

I don't understand the need to issue every walk up fan with a ticket for Cat B games, just stick reserved stickers on all the season ticket seats and let walk ups have their pick of the rest.

down-the-slope
30-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Dinnae mention the wrong result, dinnae even think it :tsk tsk:

Think only of the right result. :pray: :agree:

Retracted....it will be all fun frills and happiness...tonight

(or they admin dudes better have a back up geny for the server :wink:)

, just stick reserved stickers on all the season ticket seats and let walk ups have their pick of the rest.

only problem with that is seat is not necessarily 'Reserved' for cup games like tonight.....

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2013, 11:29 AM
If I catch anyone sitting in my seat, I tell them that they are perfectly at liberty to remain in that spot, provided, of course, they sit on my knee for the entire game.

It usually makes the culprit move to the appropriate, designated seat.

cloudy
30-10-2013, 11:32 AM
It's no just about cup games, it's about all games. Anyway some folk have the cup top up and their same seats.

I waited until Saturday to buy my ticket as I wanted to sit in s43 tonight, are you telling me that my ticket that has a seat number on it might belong to a ST holder that has cup top up, and I may be asked to move? Ifso why are the club selling tickets for such seats?

lord bunberry
30-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I've got a season ticket but have never sat in my own seat, I usually arrive late and just head up the back and sit anywhere. Our group includes st holders and walk ups so it's easier that way. We have never been asked to move.

FranckSuzy
30-10-2013, 11:43 AM
I waited until Saturday to buy my ticket as I wanted to sit in s43 tonight, are you telling me that my ticket that has a seat number on it might belong to a ST holder that has cup top up, and I may be asked to move? Ifso why are the club selling tickets for such seats?

No, he's saying that as some people have the cup top-up, they will be in 'their' seat for cup games as well as league games. STs had until a certain time to reserve 'their' seat and then those not purchased were all released in the general sale :aok:

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 11:47 AM
I waited until Saturday to buy my ticket as I wanted to sit in s43 tonight, are you telling me that my ticket that has a seat number on it might belong to a ST holder that has cup top up, and I may be asked to move? Ifso why are the club selling tickets for such seats?No I'm not, where did you read that? Some ST holders will have their seats through the cup top up, those seats will never be on sale tae anybody at any point, they are already sold whether the person turns up or not, so you winnae have been sold a ticket for any of those seats. It's only no top season ticket seats that go on sale if they are not purchased before the deadline.

This thread isnae about this game in particular, it's about folk sitting in other folks seats in general. I make my commitment tae the club, I pay over 400 quid in advance for my season ticket seat, I picked it because I like it, I like the view, I renew every year because I like it, I like sitting beside my mates. I dinnae care if somebody else disnae like the seat they've been given, they're no sitting in the one I've paid for.

cloudy
30-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Ok cheers for clearing that up I did think I had misread the situation, so for tonight if everyone sits in the seat that matches their ticket we shouldn't have any problems

Brightside
30-10-2013, 11:52 AM
No I'm not, where did you read that? Some ST holders will have their seats through the cup top up, those seats will never be on sale tae anybody at any point, they are already sold whether the person turns up or not, so you winnae have been sold a ticket for any of those seats. It's only no top season ticket seats that go on sale if they are not purchased before the deadline

Yep - just to be clear. If you have CTU you do not need to "buy" or "reserve" your ST seat. It cannot and will not be sold.

down-the-slope
30-10-2013, 11:52 AM
I've got a season ticket but have never sat in my own seat, I usually arrive late and just head up the back and sit anywhere. Our group includes st holders and walk ups so it's easier that way. We have never been asked to move.

if you arrive late tonight you will be to find any seat.....or you might have to move someone from your ticketed one :greengrin

lord bunberry
30-10-2013, 11:58 AM
if you arrive late tonight you will be to find any seat.....or you might have to move someone from your ticketed one :greengrin

The cup game last season and the Malmo game this season are the only two occasions I've sat in the correct seat, I'm guessing tonight will be the same. There will be he'll to pay if someone is sitting in my seat :greengrin

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Ok cheers for clearing that up I did think I had misread the situation, so for tonight if everyone sits in the seat that matches their ticket we shouldn't have any problemsUnless the TO make a balls of it, yes :greengrin

Ozyhibby
30-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I've made it clear why I sometimes can't sit in my own seat earlier in the thread and it's out of order if people are being abusive when asked to move but I'm staggered by how much of a problem this is in a half full stadium.

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 12:14 PM
I've made it clear why I sometimes can't sit in my own seat earlier in the thread and it's out of order if people are being abusive when asked to move but I'm staggered by how much of a problem this is in a half full stadium.As I said in an earlier post, it's because a lot of folk try move tae the bits that aren't half empty, they move tae the busy bits where the majority of the reserved seats are.

Aldo
30-10-2013, 12:15 PM
I get a funny feeling there won't be many folk sitting anywhere the nite, especially in the east.

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I get a funny feeling there won't be many folk sitting anywhere the nite, especially in the east.I'll be standing or jumping about like looney in front of my seat then :thumbsup::flag:

Pity you cannae make it mate, would have been good tae catch up for a jar

Aldo
30-10-2013, 12:26 PM
I'll be standing or jumping about like looney in front of my seat then :thumbsup::flag: Pity you cannae make it mate, would have been good tae catch up for a jar

Defo mate defo. Early KO scuppered any chance if me making it. Will hopefully sort something oot for a Saturday sesh before and after game.

Enjoy GG

Geo_1875
30-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I'll be standing or jumping about like looney in front of my seat then :thumbsup::flag:

Pity you cannae make it mate, would have been good tae catch up for a jar

Well you better not be in front of me or you'll be asked to sit down.

:wink:

Saorsa
30-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Well you better not be in front of me or you'll be asked to sit down.

:wink:I doubt I will be :wink:

Pete
30-10-2013, 02:39 PM
'kin booooooooooo the seat thieves

Rowan Vine stole my seat!

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Rowan Vine stole my seat!

it's rumoured there's a whole section in that beard o his :confused:

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 12:57 AM
any **** want a seat now?

Shields Hibee
31-10-2013, 01:01 AM
We may be asking where people are at the Caly game after that earlier

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2013, 01:08 AM
caley and partick thistle games are now a miss for me :( ....unless PF leaves ER

SouthamptonHibs
31-10-2013, 04:16 AM
I'm up for four of the next 8 games maybe 5 depending on Scottish cup tie, not looking forward to going to any Hibs game. If Fenlon in charge I may join the boycott with the rest of my mates, decisions to be made....but most of time my seats free feel free to sit in it, East Stand section 44, mind you can't even remember the number as I've not used my season ticket all season