PDA

View Full Version : Media Are you a football hipster?

TheFamous1875
29-10-2013, 03:28 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/oct/29/are-you-a-football-hipster

adhibs
29-10-2013, 03:38 PM
"Um ... yeah. And did you see that ludicrous display last night? Thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in."
:greengrin

Killiehibbie
29-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Nope. YOU'RE NO FOOTBALL HIPSTER! You like goals, goals, goals, pronounce Milan as Milan rather than Mee-lan, and quite frankly you're not really sure you'd recognise a false nine if one came up and shook you by the hand.

That'll do for me:thumbsup:

H18sry
29-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Close but no cigar – YOU'RE A BIT OF A HIPSTER! You love a bit of tactical talk and wear your 1991-92 St Pauli away shirt with pride, but deep down there's part of you who prefers a cavorting mess of a 4-3 to a well-disciplined 0-0. You heathen, you. Still, you're well on your way to zen-like hipsterdom :na na:

Haymaker
29-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Brilliant quiz. Some of those answers are brilliant. "3 jager bombs and a pack of dry roasted."

nonshinyfinish
29-10-2013, 04:38 PM
:rolleyes: I was labelling people football hipsters long before the media dinosaurs caught up and it went mainstream.

jane_says
29-10-2013, 04:45 PM
:rolleyes: I was labelling people football hipsters long before the media dinosaurs caught up and it went mainstream.

:top marks

Gatecrasher
29-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Nope. YOU'RE NO FOOTBALL HIPSTER! You like goals, goals, goals, pronounce Milan as Milan rather than Mee-lan, and quite frankly you're not really sure you'd recognise a false nine if one came up and shook you by the hand. You've got some work to do. Start of with a video of the 1991 European Cup final between Red Star Belgrade and Marseille and work from there.

.Sean.
29-10-2013, 05:18 PM
'3 jagerbombs and a packet of dry roasted' :tee hee:

One Day Soon
29-10-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/oct/29/are-you-a-football-hipster

The Guardian. God help us. (with apologies to TC)

Killiehibbie
29-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Nope. YOU'RE NO FOOTBALL HIPSTER! You like goals, goals, goals, pronounce Milan as Milan rather than Mee-lan, and quite frankly you're not really sure you'd recognise a false nine if one came up and shook you by the hand. You've got some work to do. Start of with a video of the 1991 European Cup final between Red Star Belgrade and Marseille and work from there.
Why would anybody want to watch a team playing for penalties from the first minute? rangers run to Manchester was total football compared to the winners of that final.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Nope. YOU'RE NO FOOTBALL HIPSTER! You like goals, goals, goals, pronounce Milan as Milan rather than Mee-lan, and quite frankly you're not really sure you'd recognise a false nine if one came up and shook you by the hand.

That'll do for me:thumbsup:

Me too :agree:

Though the trip round Germany option looks quality.

jacomo
29-10-2013, 05:30 PM

You're the hipster's hipster.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Why would anybody want to watch a team playing for penalties from the first minute? rangers run to Manchester was total football compared to the winners of that final.

Agreed ..... The funny thing is that Red Star Belgrade were an attacking force of nature right through the competition and then ditched everything that had got them there in the final .... Baffling.

TheFamous1875
29-10-2013, 05:51 PM

You're what the hipsters ASPIRE to be... You're the PROTO-HIPSTER.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nonshinyfinish
29-10-2013, 06:28 PM

There's actually a glimmer of truth in my post - I chuckled at a feature pointing out the classic traits of football hipsters in 11 Freunde (see question 8 of the quiz...) quite a while ago.

But I mainly read 11 Freunde to practise my German, not to claim hipster points. Although I do read the Blizzard as well, but that's worth reading if you like football after any fashion at all.