PDA

View Full Version : Liam McLeod

stanton_4
28-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Watched the highlights of the Killie v Yams game on BBC Sport Scotland.
I see he managed to mention the cup final again.
I'm beginning to suspect he has a bet on with his yam mates.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Would love to have someone else commentating Wednesday other than that ****in headpiece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nonshinyfinish
28-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Christ, who cares?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Liam McLeod is Gaelic for mute button...

Sir David Gray
28-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm so glad that I'm going to be at the game on Wednesday and won't be listening to that clown all night.

It's so unprofessional and it's poor that the BBC seem content in letting him get away with it.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Christ, who cares?

Certainly not me. I just wanted an excuse to call someone a 'heidpiece' :D

bandylegs_jLeighton
28-10-2013, 10:29 PM
He's probably my least favourite commentator ever. I can't stand him.

SMAXXA
28-10-2013, 10:30 PM
He's a little prick, think he does it deliberately. We should boycot the bbc as a club, refuse interviews #siralex :wink:

Geo_1875
28-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Whiney little fudbucket with a face for radio.

hibsbollah
28-10-2013, 10:35 PM
If I only had a single bullet Macleod would get it over Lawrenson. And im not a big Lawrenson fan.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2013, 10:56 PM
If I only had a single bullet Macleod would get it over Lawrenson. And im not a big Lawrenson fan.

Get them to stand back to back ...

R'Albin
28-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Christ, who cares?

:top marks

When did we become so paranoid?

Boyle89
29-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Did he not say 'hearts who have had a tough few weeks'?
What he should've said was: hearts having a tough season, after shafting countless people, businesses and charity's for millions!

Pedantic_Hibee
29-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Liam McLeod is a detestable little scrote who deserves to be happy-slapped from now until the end of time. Whiny wee fudknocker, I'd never tire of using his head as a door opener.

monktonharp
29-10-2013, 01:45 AM
sounds like he's a right tit. never listen to that comedy show any more,. an "institution" that employs dicks like Alanwhatshis****inname and robbo, just are not worth listening to

jodjam
29-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Liam McLeod is Gaelic for mute button...

:top marks

stanton_4
29-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Liam McLeod is a detestable little scrote who deserves to be happy-slapped from now until the end of time. Whiny wee fudknocker, I'd never tire of using his head as a door opener.

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Aldo
29-10-2013, 07:43 AM
It's a bit like the English commentators when England play at WC. How many times do they mention 1966.

For the record he's a wee umpa ****ing lumpa. I boycott Sportsound but will have to watch the bbc to see the game

Diclonius
29-10-2013, 08:24 AM
I remember he was first employed by the BBC to do "commentary" on their online SPL highlights. I remember being very pleased with them apart from the commentator, who I considered extemely poor quality. I figured pre recorded highlights might be about his level.

Three years later he's the lead commentator for Sportsound. Go figure.

The Sea-gull
29-10-2013, 09:10 AM
If he regularly mentions the 5-1 deliberatley then threads like this will only lead to him doing it more. Ignore it, stop talking about him doing it and he'll stop.

To be fair, I have no problem with him or anyone else mentioning it. Whether we like it or not, it is a significant part of ours, Hearts, Edinburgh derby and Scottish football history. We'll be hearing about it for a long time to come so we have to get over overselves. The media have a job to do and if they are covering us or Hearts, especially when we play each other or either of us plays in the Scottish cup, it will get mentioned as part of the coverage.

I do agree though, McLeod has gone into over-drive with it but threads like this will only see that continue. No idea what his problem with us is but he seems to struggle to credit us for anything, much like a lot of the BBC crowd. I can only put it down to the recent cup defeats we have given Aberdeen as he is a dons fan and I know they all expected to beat us in both Scottish cup ties in the last two seasons and felt hard done by both times.

Golden Bear
29-10-2013, 09:18 AM
If he regularly mentions the 5-1 deliberatley then threads like this will only lead to him doing it more. Ignore it, stop talking about him doing it and he'll stop.

To be fair, I have no problem with him or anyone else mentioning it. Whether we like it or not, it is a significant part of ours, Hearts, Edinburgh derby and Scottish football history. We'll be hearing about it for a long time to come so we have to get over overselves. The media have a job to do and if they are covering us or Hearts, especially when we play each other or either of us plays in the Scottish cup, it will get mentioned as part of the coverage.

I do agree though, McLeod has gone into over-drive with it but threads like this will only see that continue. No idea what his problem with us is but he seems to struggle to credit us for anything, much like a lot of the BBC crowd. I can only put it down to the recent cup defeats we have given Aberdeen as he is a dons fan and I know they all expected to beat us in both Scottish cup ties in the last two seasons and felt hard done by both times.

I agree with much of your post however the BBC has a public duty to be impartial in its views and the views expressed by its employees. That's hardly the case these days but it's up to Hibs as a Club to improve their image and that should start with the attractiveness of the product on the park.

dangermouse
29-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Whatever happened to David Begg? He was a fantastic radio commentator who brought the game to life unlike Paul Mitchell who sends you to sleep.

The Sea-gull
29-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Whatever happened to David Begg? He was a fantastic radio commentator who brought the game to life unlike Paul Mitchell who sends you to sleep.

Begg retired. Last year or the year before?

I remember they did a tribute programme to him on the radio. It was on a Sunday near Xmas but I can't remember if it was Xmas 2011 or 2012.

stanton_4
29-10-2013, 10:47 AM

I sincerely doubt me mentioning it on here will encourage him to continue for these reasons.
1) I can't see him being on here much if at all.
2) It makes no difference because I really can't see him mentioning it any more than he does at present as he seems to mentions it at every opportunity he gets. In fact he now appears to be creating the opportunities for himself as I noticed in the highlights of the Hearts game on Saturday when he said "It's Darren Barr has come off worse. The man who scored the first goal...." yadda yadda yadda.
It certainly looks to me that he will find any excuse to slip it in.

Just for the record I have no need to get over myself. I came to terms with the cup final result immediately after the final whistle. If the shoe was on the other foot I too would be having my photos taken with five and one fingers up to the camera at every opportunity I got. Such is the way in football and I have been around long enough to know and accept this. I made the OP to point something out and find out what others thought. Surely one of the objects of a fans forum.

number9dream
29-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Of course it's a significant result in this fixture and there isn't a commentator out there who wouldn't mention it...

Not sure why it merits a reference during a Hearts loss to Killie but it's not worth stressing about.

My only problem with young McLeod is his strange replacing of the letter S with Zs.

One sure way to avoid him is to go to the game.

stanton_4
29-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Of course it's a significant result in this fixture and there isn't a commentator out there who wouldn't mention it...

Not sure why it merits a reference during a Hearts loss to Killie but it's not worth stressing about.

My only problem with young McLeod is his strange replacing of the letter S with Zs.

One sure way to avoid him is to go to the game.
1) I'm not stressing :cb

2)Hadn't noticed his Z/S thing but it will probably make him get on my nerves even more now that you've mentioned it :greengrin

3) Surely you are not seriously suggesting I start attending Hearts games? :yw::wink::wink:

givescotlandfreedom
29-10-2013, 11:13 AM
He does seem to take even the most mundane and trivial reason to bring that game up. Strange wee man who sadly fits in well at BBC Sport Scotland.

29-10-2013, 11:18 AM
I remeber when he commentated on the hearts v st mirren cup final last season. In the space of about 20 minutes he must have referenced the 5-1 cup final at least 10 times! Embarrassing, unproffesional clown!

number9dream
29-10-2013, 11:41 AM
1) I'm not stressing :cb

2)Hadn't noticed his Z/S thing but it will probably make him get on my nerves even more now that you've mentioned it :greengrin

3) Surely you are not seriously suggesting I start attending Hearts games? :yw::wink::wink:

It abzzzolutely will!

cleanyman
29-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Bring back Paul Mitchell

Spike Mandela
29-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Bring back Paul Mitchell

You've taken that too far.:cb

lucky
29-10-2013, 11:48 AM
If you don't want to listen to him try one of these options
1. Watch the game live at ER, it's popular with fans
2. Turn off the sound
3. Don't watch the game
4. Listen to his colleagues on BBC radio
5. Just ignore him

Simples:cb

dangermouse
29-10-2013, 12:00 PM
If you don't want to listen to him try one of these options
1. Watch the game live at ER, it's popular with fans
2. Turn off the sound
3. Don't watch the game
4. Listen to his colleagues on BBC radio
5. Just ignore him

Simples:cb

Works for me :thumbsup:

Miguel
29-10-2013, 01:28 PM
It's a sign of a poor commentator, who doesn't really have much to say for himself. He's young and inexperienced and will hopefully improve as time goes by. Just now, avoid him and you'll feel better!

truehibernian
29-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Bring back Paul Mitchell

Good guy is Paul - not too bad a footballer as well despite wearing his shorts like Simon Cowell :wink: (I know he reads this forum).

In all seriousness, he hides his affilations very well when commentating on any derby match and is a right decent bloke too. The only Liam moment I think is worthy of praise was his Leigh 'wow' moment.

Ian Crocker blows them all away though - love listening to him commentate on Hibs games. I'll need to ask but he always sounds like he has a wee soft spot for us. Mark Benstead did too - think he's at Liverpool TV now.