PDA

View Full Version : Come on feel the noise

IanM
28-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I'll keep my opinions of the game and 19 minute wait for a half time pie to myself however, I feel the need to speak out about the chap in charge of the tannoy..

usually a good job but noticed more and more this season this song blaring out when the fans are trying to sing at the start of the game - just cut it off once the teams have walked out..

oh and if you're going to play sunshine on leith, time it so we've sang the chorus before the ref blows his whistle..

thanks in advance..

your number 1 fan
:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I'll keep my opinions of the game and 19 minute wait for a half time pie to myself however, I feel the need to speak out about the chap in charge of the tannoy..

usually a good job but noticed more and more this season this song blaring out when the fans are trying to sing at the start of the game - just cut it off once the teams have walked out..

oh and if you're going to play sunshine on leith, time it so we've sang the chorus before the ref bloows his whistle..

thanks in advance..

your number 1 fan
:aok:

Slade are not for life they're just for Christmas. Awful song best left in a musical era time forgot ;)

wearethehibs
28-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Disagree with the sunshine on leith bit. I like that we have still been singing it as the game is going on.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2013, 09:46 AM
although a great fan of Slade in my yoof it just didn't sound right on sat, and as already said above i felt we really could have done without the music playing, couldn't hear the atmosphere properly for that stupid ****** noisy rock p@sh that he was playing just before KO

Elephant Stone
28-10-2013, 09:51 AM
The pre match/ half time music is atrocious.

Generic, cliched **** like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMg5cQd5f50

And I don't even know where to begin with that Pitbull number that gets played at half time.

If there is such a thing as "Hibs Class" this can't be it, surely?

Sort it out, please. I beg you.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Hibs or Hibs related songs on Wednesday please.

Turnbulls Tornadoes
Hibs Heroes
Glory Glory
500 Miles
Sunshine on Leith

Elephant Stone
28-10-2013, 09:55 AM

Turnbulls Tornadoes
Hibs Heroes
Glory Glory
500 Miles
Sunshine on Leith

:agree:

Keith_M
28-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Well, as a mark of respect for the passing of Lou Reed, 'Perfect Day' really has to be played.

happiehibbie
28-10-2013, 10:13 AM
This subject is quite close to me due to the fact I am in this line of Biz

TBH the guy is doing ok likes to shout a bit down the MIC and then we cant hear due to the vibration in the speakers (the clearist person i have heard so far in a few seasons was Irvine welsh the other week)

the guy is shaparoned by R Smith not allowed to put any of his own curve on things

we have sacked Stadium guys for trival banter

IMO let the guy do his job he will get better as for the music its all about timing as for atmosphere we need to by a bottle of it Saturday was MURDER

I think the StadiumGuy is the least of our worries

NO shots on target
Vine Murder
one man up front

I could go on FENLON OUT

wearethehibs
28-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Seriously!
A thread about the music played at ER and we get a Fenlon out post. Why not just add that to the many other boring threads on that subject.

Emerald
28-10-2013, 10:29 AM

Turnbulls Tornadoes
Hibs Heroes
Glory Glory
500 Miles
Sunshine on Leith

He has to play Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" :greengrin

IanM
28-10-2013, 10:30 AM
This subject is quite close to me due to the fact I am in this line of Biz

TBH the guy is doing ok likes to shout a bit down the MIC and then we cant hear due to the vibration in the speakers (the clearist person i have heard so far in a few seasons was Irvine welsh the other week)

the guy is shaparoned by R Smith not allowed to put any of his own curve on things

we have sacked Stadium guys for trival banter

IMO let the guy do his job he will get better as for the music its all about timing as for atmosphere we need to by a bottle of it Saturday was MURDER

I think the StadiumGuy is the least of our worries

NO shots on target
Vine Murder
one man up front

I could go on FENLON OUT

i think you need to change your name :)

i get what you're saying, was just a point away from the football.. boy does ok but the drummer and the fans would be better played just as we're kicking off rather than slade

happiehibbie
28-10-2013, 10:34 AM
i think you need to change your name :)

i get what you're saying, was just a point away from the football.. boy does ok but the drummer and the fans would be better played just as we're kicking off rather than slade

I will change it if you change yours

:)

I am certainly not Happy at the moment paper over the cracks IMO

Felon must go

Onion
28-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm a traditionalist and long for the days when the fans made their own atmosphere, rather than some faceless guy in a booth working to the club's sanitised instructions. IMHO more often than not, it all feels forced/contrived and at times cringeworthy when he shows he has no clue of the mood in the stadium. The worst example was the Malmo game when he kept chuntering on about the AEK game and making noise - as if somehow repeating it enough would create the same response. Just added to the day's embarrassment.

The only time I think the PA adds anything is when he plays a topical or amusing track which captures the mood at the time. But the club killed that off with the taxman track :roll eyes:

ZS DOOM
28-10-2013, 10:50 AM
It was quality against celtic whem he turned the music off and we were still belting it out

Geo_1875
28-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Slade are not for life they're just for Christmas. Awful song best left in a musical era time forgot ;)

Is it the Slade version he plays? Sounds like one of the crappy covers they play at Maine Road. Could be wrong and it's just the poor pa system distorting it.

SaulGoodman
28-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Turnbulls Tornadoes
Hibs Heroes
Glory Glory
500 Miles
Sunshine on Leith
Lady Gaga
Pitbull
Generic Rock pish
30 seconds of Sunshine on Leith, muted at the wrong points to make us lose rhythm

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Is it the Slade version he plays? Sounds like one of the crappy covers they play at Maine Road. Could be wrong and it's just the poor pa system distorting it.

it was certainly the Slade version....Noddy Holder was loud and clear

BH Hibs
28-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I felt the same last week as well. The fans were starting to get an atmosphere going and this came blaring out. I swear he turned it up louder part of the way through as well. :grr:

green.and.white
28-10-2013, 11:23 AM
https://twitter.com/HibsAnnouncer

Tweet him. Not a clue if he will take any of it on board but might be worth a shot if you feel that strongly :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Well, as a mark of respect for the passing of Lou Reed, 'Perfect Day' really has to be played.

:agree: If we win, play it at the final whistle

jakeshibs
28-10-2013, 08:04 PM

Turnbulls Tornadoes
Hibs Heroes
Glory Glory
500 Miles
Sunshine on Leith

:top marks

jakeshibs
28-10-2013, 08:07 PM
He has to play Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" :greengrin

that would make me smile:agree:

Miguel
28-10-2013, 11:07 PM
I hate this crappy gee up the fans guff.
They used to play chart stuff before the match and at half time, but it got turned off after that.
They should give it a rest and let fans build their own atmosphere.
GGTTH before teams come out maybe.
No SoL, except for special games.
Otherwise, the whole thing just gets devalued.

Davy Mac
28-10-2013, 11:17 PM
I hate this crappy gee up the fans guff.
They used to play chart stuff before the match and at half time, but it got turned off after that.
They should give it a rest and let fans build their own atmosphere.
GGTTH before teams come out maybe.
No SoL, except for special games.
Otherwise, the whole thing just gets devalued.

Got me thinking, the first song I remember played at ER when I was a kid was Mr Blue Sky by ELO, tremendous song/band and brings back memories, Pat Stanton's testimonial against Sellick (*******s took him), George Best against Partick Thistle, Joe Harper against Leeds United or was it Liverpool jeezo..........

Diclonius
29-10-2013, 12:32 AM
At least he's stopped announcing our substitutes' names as if they've just scored.