PDA

View Full Version : spfl attendances

monktonharp
28-10-2013, 12:45 AM
just had a look at the crowd at Mc Dairmid park for the match against Motherwell and it's quite depressing imho. under 2.5k. that is very worrying despite the fact that it's on a Sunday and was it on tv?:confused:It looked as if it could be a good "match" with 'Well going great guns, and the Saints still playing pretty good fitba' but naebody went! I'd imagine the Motherwell fans would have fancied their chances to get a result, and would take about 600-750 fans there? but as said, I don't know if it was on tv. It must be the lowest spfl game yet. how sad.

Sir David Gray
28-10-2013, 01:00 AM
just had a look at the crowd at Mc Dairmid park for the match against Motherwell and it's quite depressing imho. under 2.5k. that is very worrying despite the fact that it's on a Sunday and was it on tv?:confused:It looked as if it could be a good "match" with 'Well going great guns, and the Saints still playing pretty good fitba' but naebody went! I'd imagine the Motherwell fans would have fancied their chances to get a result, and would take about 600-750 fans there? but as said, I don't know if it was on tv. It must be the lowest spfl game yet. how sad.

It was live on BBC Alba.

Ozyhibby
28-10-2013, 01:02 AM
So with less than a 1/4 of per crowds they are above us? Nice one, Pat.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes its pretty sad.

The weather was terrible and the game was live on ALBA. But the truth is that the great and the good of Perth seem to have abandoned their club and that is very very sad. Its not the first time that the locals have had pelters from the media for failing to back their club. I feel very sorry for the 2 - 3 thousand hardy souls who have stuck by them ... hats off boys & girls.

The town which should be hanging its head in football shame is Inverness. I was really exited when a pro team was born up there. It was long overdue and given the turn outs Caley, Thistle and Clach seemed to manage in Scottish Cup ties against league clubs I seriously thought we were looking at a new Dundee Utd or Motherwell sized club crowd wise.

Having said that the whole thing was done wrong. A new club should have been conceived and Thistle, Caley and Clach wound up. An effort should have been made to finance a new ground a hell of a lot better than the pathetic excuse for a stadium currently in use. None of the colours used by any of the 3 wound up clubs should have been used by the new club and it should have been called Inverness Utd.

That would have given the fans of every club involved an out with dignity and a license to pin their colours to the mast of the new club.

A massive missed opportunity IMO because all we appear to have is Inverness Caledonian which the ex Thistle fans wont touch with a barge pole ... and who can blame them. Football is run by self serving idiots sometimes.

Twa Cairpets
28-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Yes its pretty sad.

The weather was terrible and the game was live on ALBA. But the truth is that the great and the good of Perth seem to have abandoned their club and that is very very sad. Its not the first time that the locals have had pelters from the media for failing to back their club. I feel very sorry for the 2 - 3 thousand hardy souls who have stuck by them ... hats off boys & girls.

The town which should be hanging its head in football shame is Inverness. I was really exited when a pro team was born up there. It was long overdue and given the turn outs Caley, Thistle and Clach seemed to manage in Scottish Cup ties against league clubs I seriously thought we were looking at a new Dundee Utd or Motherwell sized club crowd wise.

Having said that the whole thing was done wrong. A new club should have been conceived and Thistle, Caley and Clach wound up. An effort should have been made to finance a new ground a hell of a lot better than the pathetic excuse for a stadium currently in use. None of the colours used by any of the 3 wound up clubs should have been used by the new club and it should have been called Inverness Utd.

That would have given the fans of every club involved an out with dignity and a license to pin their colours to the mast of the new club.

A massive missed opportunity IMO because all we appear to have is Inverness Caledonian which the ex Thistle fans wont touch with a barge pole ... and who can blame them. Football is run by self serving idiots sometimes.

Actually, according to Wiki, Inverness is smaller than Hamilton, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline and Ayr, so not that much of a disgrace then. if they average 4,500 that's 10% of the local population. We get about 2-3%?.

Still. Nice anger, he-who-is recently devoid of liquid beef extract sustenance.

Biggie
28-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Simples...scottish football is on its knees.....product is poor (brutal for some), overly expensive for the product on offer, too many games on TV, corruption rife ("them" and their sisters), weather, alternative things to do, too many teams......tribalism would scupper any merging of clubs

jgl07
28-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes its pretty sad.

That was pretty well what happened except there were two clubs involved with the merger after Clach pulled out. To be honest it would have been better to let Caley go it alone into the SFL. They would probably be getting better crowds that ICT do now. Many Thistle and even Caley fans defected to Ross County after the merger probably for the same reason that many of us would refuse to back an Edinburgh United team.

The merger didn't really solve the problem but neither would a brand new club with 'neutral' colours and name. I can't see a better stadium having any real impact on crowds.

lucky
28-10-2013, 01:10 PM
I doubt there was as many as 600-700 motherwell fans there.

But Scottish football needs to change, a move to summer football, divide up all gate money, equalisation of TV money, a reduction on the cost of a ticket, and smaller grounds to try and create an atmosphere. To name a few. But without a competitive league and teams playing to win rather than lose it will continue to decline. But the biggest problem is not our game it's the size of the EPL and blanket coverage it receives.

Jonnyboy
28-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Actually, according to Wiki, Inverness is smaller than Hamilton, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline and Ayr, so not that much of a disgrace then. if they average 4,500 that's 10% of the local population. We get about 2-3%?.

:greengrin :top marks

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2013, 07:22 PM

:greengrin Yup ... so far the folk running the club have cost Hibs about £20 rising to £25 on Wednesday .... makes me sad :boo hoo:

I know that Inverness is not very big, but I always thought it was a real fitba toon and would show these other places the way to go, hence my disappointment.

jgl07 .... I know Clach pulled out .... Not sure if a new stadium would help crowds, but the thing they have at the moment wont exactly encourage folk along.... A main stand which doesnt even have a full roof and one side bare ... It wouldnt hurt if it was closer to the city either I would guess.

Not blaming the club really ... I know money is tight. Having said that, the folk who design stadiums in this country have about as much imagination as whoever it was that designed St James centre.